Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats considered a good salary?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

outa curisoty,is enda kenny on the same wage as bosco,considering there both puppets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,658 ✭✭✭policarp

prison officer,1749euro after tax,per week.

:confused:

:confused:

Had to look twice at this. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Reportedly, David Beckham is earning about €30,000,000 per year, that's nearly €600k a week.

Maybe if I practice and get really good at football I could m.....

:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Reportedly, David Beckham is earning about €30,000,000 per year, that's nearly €600k a week.

Maybe if I practice and get really good at football I could m.....

Not a hope he's on anything near that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

brummytom wrote: »
    I do 8 hours a week and get £106.65 (€127.46). That's not bad, is it?
    Medical research guinea pig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anything over €75k would be reasonable

€100k plus would be "good" i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Not a hope he's on anything near that anymore.
    beckham makes a lot more than his $250,000 a week wages for playing footie. the guy would have megabucks income from advertising gigs, then there's companies sponsoring him, and he's got his own fashion line

replace the € with $ and it's probably about right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

They're welcome to it...
    It's one of those jobs I just can't imagine doing so am quite glad someone else is willing to...

Politicians earn crazy sums of money and have to deal with no one only each other.....
    Now they are a waste of money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

350 a week for a 40 hour week. Ouch.

I'm working out in a coal mine in oz at the moment and the money is what a lot here would call "good or decent "

Absolute bucket loads of work out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Jaysus!!! Is that in Ireland?? :eek:

I'll be making Phone Calls on Monday morning so... I'll be wanting to know how come so many of the newer Officers are entitled to Family Income Supplement.

Have this weeks docket in my hand BTW.. With 8 hours 'overtime' and 36 hours of Nights it's still less than that - for a FORTNIGHT!!! And I'm in a promoted grade with a good few years behind me.

You might want to check your 'source' there before you try stirring the pot..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

brummytom wrote: »
    I do 8 hours a week and get £106.65 (€127.46). That's not bad, is it?

Rent boy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Rent boy?

high class rent boy ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Stinicker wrote: »
    It is disgraceful that the public salary is so high, the public sector should be at least 10 to 20% behind the private sector for job security alone.

The public sector is higher qualified so your figures fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I wouldn't get up for under 80 grand a week.

In fairness you can't blame the public actor workers.
    Their unions bargained a golden deal with the government off the day which resulted in the benchmarking process.

The flaw was on the side who represented the public interest, our government.

A union's main purpose is to strike the best deal possible for their members. Job well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭CashMoney

almighty1 wrote: »

Higher qualified does not equal more productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    188 for a zero hour week

What's that per hour?

€188 divided by zero= €Infinity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

You have a good salary is if you have money left over each month after paying mortgage, bills, expenses and loans.

• Advertisement

CashMoney wrote: »
    Higher qualified does not equal more productive.

Maybe not but it usually means better paid, a long known fact.
    It's also childish to infer that public sector workers aren't productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bbam wrote: »
    Maybe not but it usually means better paid, a long known fact.
    It's also childish to infer that public sector workers aren't productive.

Private sector work for a profit. If the company losses money there fired or pay is cut. Public workers work for a loss making company that needs to be wound down .pay should be cut as should staff levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Taller men tend to earn more.

Try to be taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

Stinicker wrote: »
    Minimum wage is a waste of time as you are better of on the dole unless you can literally walk to work. If you have to commute any distance it is a waste of time due to the massive costs involved in getting to work and the extra taxation and loss of benefits.

I would consider any wage over €600 a week to be good and €800+ a week excellent. It is not going to work for under €400 a week.

What a disgusting comment. Better off on the dole eh? Sure that's the job isn't it? Free money and all. Sure you can't beat that. Only thing is, I and thousands, have worked and still do work and live reasonably comfortably on minimum wage. Not a luxurious lifestyle, but work's work. Massive costs eh? Where I live you can get a monthly bus pass that'll get you anywhere at anytime for 60 quid. If you earn 1500 a month thats about 4% of your wages.

But by your logic, everybody on less than 400 quid a week might aswell quit their job and just go back to bed, after they get their entitlements of course. Not worth the effort of working. But then that's going to push the tax up for people earning more, meaning it'll eventually be not worth their while turning up to work either. So eventually we'll get to a system, like we currently have where people quit decent jobs because they get more money for doing nothing. That's an abhorrent situation. Maybe we should cut the dole and then maybe it'll be worth the time? And maybe when we cut the dole, people earning less will pay less tax, meaning more people might feel it's worth their while to get out of bed and turn up for work.

It depends entirely on what your job is and how much work you've had to do to get to where you are.

I earn "decent money" for the job I do. But if my husband earned the same it would be crap money for him. Luckily he earns a grand salary for what he does.

ted1 wrote: »
    Private sector work for a profit. If the company losses money there fired or pay is cut. Public workers work for a loss making company that needs to be wound down .pay should be cut as should staff levels.

What?
    Close hospitals and schools because they don't make a profit?
    What needs to happen is have a decent structure in the public sector with accountability. There are too many layer of middle management who serve no use. As a whole front line workers do a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

almighty1 wrote: »

Hahahahahahahahahaha :D the arrogance is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

bbam wrote: »
    What?
    Close hospitals and schools because they don't make a profit?
    What needs to happen is have a decent structure in the public sector with accountability. There are too many layer of middle management who serve no use. As a whole front line workers do a good job.
    close the inefficent ones. Money follow patients. Make the public sector work a 40 week. 48000/35*40, so 55,000 is the real wage to compare againest private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

Cianos wrote: »
    Have you ever found a euro? That's probably the best salary you'll ever earn. It takes about 5 seconds to pick up and pocket. A euro in 5 seconds. Doing it you're earning €28,800 a week. Noice. Or €1,612,800 a year. Nooooooicce. On a 40 hour week of course. Before tax.

is that what bankers say when they get their bonus... " i was only picking it up lads, chill the fcuk out "

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    close the inefficent ones. Money follow patients. Make the public sector work a 40 week. 48000/35*40, so 55,000 is the real wage to compare againest private sector.

Make them more efficient would work too.
    Also lots of departments have increased their hours and increased coverage for the same pay.
    I cam speak for some where the hours have increased by 3 each week and coverage is 8-8 now rather than 9-5. A good number have moved on this but through poor management many others haven't bothered and aren't being forced to.

Anyway this is way off the thread title.

Advertisement