Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jim Crowley Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Boastful was second @ 25/1 and Ile De Re justified favouritism by staying in a really tough race to win.

Balance €447.14

Salisbury

2.05 Stiff Upper Lip €2.50 e/w @ 16/1

3.40 Western Prize €5 @ 4/1

4.15 Ask The Guru €5 e/w @ 6/1

5.20 Dynastic €5 e/w @ 8/1

Western Prize won, Ask The Guru 2nd and Dynastic 3rd for a decent day.

Balance €463.64

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

That cherry-on-top that mike mentioned a few weeks back is coming to fruition with Beckett coming into a decent run of form,

last 15 runners: 6 2 2 1 1 13 2 7 3 3 1 2 1 1 2

On hols so no usual, in-depth and extensive write ups. 5 rides at Windsor this evening. All backed for €2.50 e/w, prices from 8/1 to 20/1.

I've noticed Beckett coming good alright yaaboy, will be backing his with more confidence when hols are over on Wednesday.

• Advertisement

No joy yesterday.

Balance €438.64

3 rides at Kempton, €2.50 e/w on each. Two have run and no joy. He picked up a spare ride in the first which won, not that it makes a difference.

And another thing that mike pointed out came up trumps again today..crowley riding from chamings in 2012 was 3/3 so far and he had 2 rides tonight for that trainer, i managed to do a £15 e/w double that returned 866! Seriously Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Picked a good day to follow this log with money! :)

re Patrick Chamings, yeah its an interesting one, he has a very small yard indeed right now but with 4 horses running in the next few days. Crowley is on one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

mike65 wrote: »

re Patrick Chamings, yeah its an interesting one, he has a very small yard indeed right now but with 4 horses running in the next few days.

I had the two of them last night as well, when are the next 4 running? would hate to miss em :)

He's pulled two of them and niether has Crowley on board. :(

5Jul12 7:45 Rondeau EPSOM (Overnight), Beltane Asset Management Handicap
    7Jul12 2:40 Directorship SANDOWN (Four Day), Coral Challenge (Handicap)

Anyway we better get back on topic.

18:50 Kempton Park - Dee Ee Williams (IRE) @ 33/1 unplaced
    19:25 Kempton Park - Roz @ 33/1 WIN @ 40/1
    20:00 Kempton Park - Chabada (JPN) @ 7/1 placed @ 7/1

• Advertisement

I think the appropriate term here is

Aaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhh!!!

I was in Westport on holidays and spent most of the day getting home today. Just back a few minutes and checked the results. 40/1 winner. I had my usual €5 e/w on his rides in-shop but really disappointed not to have backed him for the log. I have Roxy Flyer backed in the 8.35 now for €2.50 e/w @ 6/1.

I noticed he topped and tailed the card last night on Chamings' horses alright. The first one was a spare as such and wouldn't have counted but definitely having a nice punt on the next few. Yaaboy, absolutely thrilled for you, that is a damn nice return. Just a pity I let the whole thing on the back burner this week - I'm never going on holidays again. :D:D:D:D

Ah Jaysus, I'm after making a right b****x of things. I just read Roxy Flyer off my betslip from the bookies, just realised I only backed it on the off-chance that Crowley might end up taking the ride as it's Amanda Perrett's horse.

Apologies for the mess up.

I was going through his last 100 rides or so and I reckon that backing Crowley e/w makes little sense. Its often said on the nose is the only way and I think its true here, while he's had some long odds near misses in the last few weeks broadly he rides winners or horses that are out with the washing.

Roxy Flyer placed so not oo much damage done either way.

Balance €449.58

Thanks for that Mike, meant to go through his rides myself to check the viability of backing e/w. Do you reckon I should just go on the nose from now on? Reassure me as I'm a cautious gambler, possibly too cautious! If I were to do it, I'm thinking €7 per bet.

What do you guys think?

Newbury

6.50 Casta Diamante €5 @ 8/1

8.35 Roman Around €1.29 e/w @ 100/1 (rank outsider, token bet to even up balance)

9.05 Ultimate Destiny €5 @ 4/1

will re-evaluate staking after today lads, taking on board your suggestions to go on the nose.

I would definitely change the log to on the nose bets probably a tenner a pop (maybe 20 on the 3/1 or under horses?), fair enough he gets a lot of 2nds which will hurt at the time but in the long run will work out better since hes having a winner every 8 or 9 rides pretty much guaranteed.. The hero Jimbo ia a lovely honest jockey and tends to come near enough first or stone last as he knows when a horse is beat and wont whip it to death on the run in which also keeps there mark down for future races. Iv even tried experimenting with laying his long shots in 2 horse match bets knowing that he wont give them an uneccessarily hard ride for no reason when they are already beat and pretty much pulls them up to come last.

To be honest I got pretty lucky last night but iv missed a lot of winners too. Generally i'll bet on the Perret, Chaming and obscure trainer bookings or when he travels a long way for one ride especially late on in the evening. I also tend to lump on the short priced ones that i fancy or rides that are shortening in the market with the odd double or treble on the days he has just 2 or 3 rides and its proving damn successful so far!

Yep, I guess anyone who's not really sure could just try OTN for say two weeks, then go back and work out the difference over splitting the stake e/w. The other method would be to back using the "insured win" bet on PP, shorter win odds but you get your stake back if its placed, again you'd need to do the maths after a period of testing.

Ultimate Destiny was withdrawn and the others came nowhere.

Balance €442

Right, going on the advice here I'm going to change the log a bit. I'm still going to remain a little cautious though. All bets will be on the nose, <= 16/1 will be €8, 16/1> will be €4.

Warwick

2.10 Jambobo

3.10 Village Green

3.45 Tango Sky €8 @ 14/1

4.20 Invigilator

4.55 Bute Street

Warwick meeting abandoned. :(

• Advertisement

Ack! No free money today :(

Rossom has a tip http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056693049.

Yeah, going to try to get to a bookies for a few quid on that Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yeah, going to try to get to a bookies for a few quid on that Mike.

Price was coming in and in this morning for it, went to the bookies myself to have a bet on it thanks to Ulsterbank!!

He was already 6/1 by the time I got there, Powers are the worst @11/2 btw

Lads Boyles and Hills all 6/1

kryogen wrote: »
    Price was coming in and in this morning for it, went to the bookies myself to have a bet on it thanks to Ulsterbank!!

He was already 6/1 by the time I got there, Powers are the worst @11/2 btw

Lads Boyles and Hills all 6/1

I got €7 ew on in my Boyles account this morning at 13/2 (I think) but want to have some cash on as well. Local bookies are Boyles anyway. There might yet be a drift if it's come in that much.

Mighty stuff thanks to rossom. Got into the bookies and got €20 on at 6/1. Also did a RFC for €2.50 on Rosairlie and Teak, who was a NR. Just home and checked results.

Two questions, was there a rule 4 as someone in the horse racing forum alluded to? There isn't according to irishracing.com

Since Teak was a NR, is the RFC a void bet?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Mighty stuff thanks to rossom. Got into the bookies and got €20 on at 6/1. Also did a RFC for €2.50 on Rosairlie and Teak, who was a NR. Just home and checked results.

Two questions, was there a rule 4 as someone in the horse racing forum alluded to? There isn't according to irishracing.com

I seen it about the r4 below:

Sandown

3.10 Van Der Art €4 @ 25/1

4.55 Sabhan €8 @ 8/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The RFC should be a void yeah, and I had backed him both Boyles and Lads and got R4'd in both

kryogen wrote: »
    The RFC should be a void yeah, and I had backed him both Boyles and Lads and got R4'd in both

The online Boyles account paid out at the SP of 5/1, hopefully they'll do the same tomorrow in shop.

• Advertisement

Van Der Art was a NR and Sabhan was second, looking the winner at one stage but caught by a 20/1 shot. I actually thought Jim could have done better on him, he looked like he just tried to ride him out when he hit the front.

Balance €434

Advertisement