Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jim Crowley Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Windsor

6.40 Whipper Snapper €8 @ 4/1

7.10 Takeitfromalady €8 @ 11/4

Whipper Snapper was a remote third and Takeitfromalady won very nicely indeed after finding all sorts of trouble in running.

David Probert took a nasty kicking after coming off his mount so hopefully he's ok. He got up anyway so fingers crossed, it was horrible to watch.

Balance €448

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

So it was him that fell? Good to hear he got up and walked anyway

Yeah Kryo, he's grand. He just did an interview on ATR, bit bruised but thats it.

Even more shocking is that Jimbo picked up a two-day ban. Don't know why yet but I never thought I'd see the day!!

I couldn't really see the race properly due to my daughter deciding she wanted to have a **** freak about something but I didnt notice anything untoward? He had some trouble in running I remeber, too much use of the whip maybe? Looked a pretty clean win in the end anyway

• Advertisement

Yeah I couldn't see anything untoward in it. Whip is the only thing it might be. Would be very harsh though, clearly the best horse in the race and you'd think he'd be quite entitled to drive on when he finally got room to race. Will be interesting to see.

Wolverhampton

2.45 Restless Bay €8 @ 3/1

3.45 La Pampita €8 @ 9/4

Also have €20 singles and a €20 double done in-shop at 10/3 and 9/4 so fingers tightly crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

Wolverhampton

2.45 Restless Bay €8 @ 3/1

3.45 La Pampita €8 @ 9/4

Also have €20 singles and a €20 double done in-shop at 10/3 and 9/4 so fingers tightly crossed.

Hard luck in the 3:45 obviously Maria's Choice was known by someone to have a good chance going from 5/1 to 11/8 before the off, one of those races that makes horse racing look a bit iffy :)

DelSutton wrote: »
    Hard luck in the 3:45 obviously Maria's Choice was known by someone to have a good chance going from 5/1 to 11/8 before the off, one of those races that makes horse racing look a bit iffy :)

Didn't see the racing today but I'm happy enough, profit is profit. Either horse winning at the odds would have me safe so I won't complain.

Balance €464

Lingfield

2.30 Coup De Grace €8 @ 6/1

Kempton

6.50 This Is Nice €8 @ 14/1

7.50 Trovare €8 @ 12/1

8.20 Curacao €8 @ 14/1

So I have my first bet at sizeable odds with the new plan. It was a bit strange doing it (sad, I know) as I'm usually so much more cautious. Can't see myself going OTN if I'm betting in-shop tomorrow though. Lads, ye'd better be right about the win-only betting or

I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭DelSutton

Lingfield

2.30 Coup De Grace

Kempton

6.50 This Is Nice

7.50 Trovare

8.20 Curacao €8 @ 14/1

So I have my first bet at sizeable odds with the new plan. It was a bit strange doing it (sad, I know) as I'm usually so much more cautious. Can't see myself going OTN if I'm betting in-shop tomorrow though. Lads, ye'd better be right about the win-only betting or

I WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!

Good luck matey, will be cheering Jim on for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Be brave! That said tomorrows booked rides don't look too promising. Still I say that before every 20/1-30/1 he wins with!

mike65 wrote: »
    Be brave! That said tomorrows booked rides don't look too promising. Still I say that before every 20/1-30/1 he wins with!

Cheers lads, hope you're right Mike. A 14/1 winner would put me at ease no problem!!

Lingfield

2.30 Coup De Grace €8 @ 6/1

Kempton

6.50 This Is Nice €8 @ 14/1

7.50 Trovare €8 @ 12/1

8.20 Curacao €8 @ 14/1

Just keeping it fresh. PP reckoned This Is Nice had come in from 20/1 within a minute of opening prices. Har har de har.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Just keeping it fresh. PP reckoned This Is Nice had come in from 20/1 within a minute of opening prices. Har har de har.

20/1 lasted 10 mins with PP according to oddschecker. In to 14s then. I had taken 20s with bet365 before that luckily. Best priced 10/1 now.

razor425 wrote: »
    20/1 lasted 10 mins with PP according to oddschecker. In to 14s then. I had taken 20s with bet365 before that luckily. Best priced 10/1 now.

Gamble on by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Gamble on by the look of it.

Certainly looks that way, 8/1 best price available now.

razor425 wrote: »
    Certainly looks that way, 8/1 best price available now.

Yeah, got that in-shop in the local Boyles, doubled it with Coup De Grace @ 11/2. €15 e/w so here's hoping.

Yeah, got that in-shop in the local Boyles, doubled it with Coup De Grace @ 11/2. €15 e/w so here's hoping.

Oops. Gamble had better come in now! PP have him at 7s so it looks like a gamble for a place. And of course I have my 20 on the nose.

Looks like I was on the wrong gamble!!

Trovare was backed into 7/1 and won by over 4 lengths going away. I had a €5 e/w on him in-shop so nearly break even cash-wise for the day but a super result for the log. I owe a couple of you lads a pint for helping me to increase the size of my betting balls!!

Balance €536

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Backed Trovare myself, did it nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

delighted to see your doing so well and thanks for bringing my attention to the great man :D

Cheers lads.

Newmarket

3.35 Lady Vermeer €4 @ 16/1

Epsom

6.45 Hipster €8 @ 6/4

7.55 Welsh Nayber €8 @ 15/2

9.00 Proper Charlie €4 @ 16/1

Hipster won by a neck, Lady Vermeer was 5th I think and the other 2 were NRs so a good day all in all.

Balance €544

Chester

6.30 Homeboy €8 @ 5/1

7.05 Pale Orchid €8 @ 12/1

7.40 Ask The Guru €8 @ 8/11

8.10 Niceofyoutotellme €8 @ 7/2

8.40 Pearl Noir €8 @ 6/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just looking at your staking plan or rather the lack of!
    7.05 Pale Orchid €8 @ 12/1

8.10 Niceofyoutotellme €8 @ 7/2

I'd have Z on Pale Orchid and Z times 3 on Niceofyoutotellme

mike65 wrote: »
    Just looking at your staking plan or rather the lack of!

I'd have Z on Pale Orchid and Z times 3 on Niceofyoutotellme

Yeah, it seems a bit silly alright but I'm not too keen on over-complicating it for myself, even though that makes me seem a bit thick! Just keeping it simple for myself!

Anyway, I think the clock will strike twelve, the marathon will hit the hairpin and the ticket will be invalidated. Or something along those lines.

Not impressed with your buddy tonight!

kryogen wrote: »
    Not impressed with your buddy tonight!

I only got to see the last race and he just didn't have the horse under him there. What were the other races like?

• Advertisement

Crap.

Advertisement