Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Baby and Crumble I really hope that it will be benign and hope that the. wait goes quickly for you.

Krudler and princess peach, would you mind putting spoilers on the walking dead stuff, you are way ahead on episodes:eek: Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Links234 wrote: »
    I am really making good progress with my weight loss, I'll nearly have dropped a stone since christmas :D I'm quite amazed with myself, to be honest.
    Well done on the weight loss Links! Can I have some of your willpower though please? :o Seems you have loads to spare! :)
    Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Mollykins is your doggy feeling better?
    Yeah, he's better today thanks Jane. :) Just feeling a little sorry for himself I think!
    So sorry to hear about your gran being so upset. :( I know she's not really aware of what's happening but maybe easing her into it like Posy said would be a good idea? Hope things improve for you all anyway. Must be horrible seeing her so upset and confused.
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    My 12 year old cousin was diagnosed as Diabetic today. Poor thing. :(
    Awh no! :( That's such a difficult age too. Hope she adjusts to it all ok. :)
    Had a breast check and they found a lump. :( Now I have to wait 6 weeks for a full on check and mammogram. SCARY.
    Thinking of you baby and crumble. I'm sure it's nothing but I know the next 6 weeks will drag for you all the same. *Hugs*

Tutor didn’t take up the assignments today like she said she would. :rolleyes: Really annoyed me cos I spent loads of time over mid-term doing it when I could have taken it easy cos she only wants it on Friday now!

However I did have a great chat with her afterwards about loads of things but she did say that my standard of work is excellent and that I would make a brilliant nurse! :D I’m doing a childcare course! But anyway that doesn’t matter because she paid me a lovely compliment about my work and thinks I possess loads of lovely characteristics that a nurse would need to have! :D

Also ellieh1 so sorry your poor daughter has to put up with such an awful woman teaching her! Hope she doesn't have her next year. Sounds as though she shouldn't be a teacher at all! Teachers are supposed to build kids up, not knock them down!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm all happy now because my Google Chrome theme is purple and I've matched my window colour to it. :D

Mollykins - Glad to read your dog is feeling better. :) Don't really know what's going to happen with Gran but we'll take it as it comes. Thankfully I wasn't actually there today to see her in the nursing home. I've seen her get very upset before so I know what it's like. Today must have been ten times worse for my mam and aunt to watch.

I'm all happy now because my Google Chrome theme is purple and I've matched my window colour to it. :D
    I have pretty butterflies on my Google Chrome! :D
    Mollykins - Glad to read your dog is feeling better. :) Don't really know what's going to happen with Gran but we'll take it as it comes. Thankfully I wasn't actually there today to see her in the nursing home. I've seen her get very upset before so I know what it's like. Today must have been ten times worse for my mam and aunt to watch.
    It must have been awful for your Mam and aunt. :(

As for the dog, well it's his own fault really because even though he's no longer a pup he still eats rubbish like one and he probably got a bit of a stick stuck down his throat or something! When he was only around a year old he stole an ankle sock and ate it whole! He's only a JRT! Dunno how it didn't kill him! :D

Mollikins wrote: »
    I have pretty butterflies on my Google Chrome! :D

It must have been awful for your Mam and aunt. :(

As for the dog, well it's his own fault really because even though he's no longer a pup he still eats rubbish like one and he probably got a bit of a stick stuck down his throat or something! When he was only around a year old he stole an ankle sock and ate it whole! He's only a JRT! Dunno how it didn't kill him! :D

Ooh that's cool.. Mine is a purple one with a multicoloured heart in the new tab thing. :D

Yeah it must have been horrible for them. I don't know if I could handle something like that.

Ha keep an eye on your dog if he's a fecker for eating things. Mine are like that and I have to watch them. :)

• Advertisement

Ooh that's cool.. Mine is a purple one with a multicoloured heart in the new tab thing. :D

Yeah it must have been horrible for them. I don't know if I could handle something like that.

Ha keep an eye on your dog if he's a fecker for eating things. Mine are like that and I have to watch them. :)

Sounds cute! :)

I'm sure you would have coped well for her. People underestimate themselves until they are actually in a situation like that. :)

Oh we do! He knows when he does something wrong too cos he looks so guilty! :D
    It's the cutest thing ever but you have to try and stay so stern and serious. And then once I'm finished wagging the finger at him he will come over and sit at my feet and look up at me all innocent looking for forgiveness. :D And I'll pat his head and he'll wag his tail and everythings grand 'til the next time!:rolleyes:

Half day in college tomorrow! :)

Mollikins wrote: »
    Sounds cute! :)

I'm sure you would have coped well for her. People underestimate themselves until they are actually in a situation like that. :)

Oh we do! He knows when he does something wrong too cos he looks so guilty! :D
    It's the cutest thing ever but you have to try and stay so stern and serious. And then once I'm finished wagging the finger at him he will come over and sit at my feet and look up at me all innocent looking for forgiveness. :D And I'll pat his head and he'll wag his tail and everythings grand 'til the next time!:rolleyes:

Half day in college tomorrow! :)

Yeah maybe I'd surprise myself. :)

Awh that sounds so cute! :o

Night night loungers, nodding off here lol. :) x

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

hope everything works out ok b&c

om nom nom pancakes

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Baby and Crumble: I will have my fingers crossed for you xx

I had a very bad nights sleep last night, couldnt drop off until after 3am and woke again at about 7:20am. I am exhausted and am very tempted to head back to bed after I drop my little lady to school.

Pancakes for breakfast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Sorry to hear about that Baby and Crumble.

Got my eye lashes tinted yesterday and today it looks like I've got pink eye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:( Was having a good day today until I had my littlest class.

I have a little 5 year old (Lion) and he forgot the word for bathroom and wet himself in the middle of class. I was trying to get him to calm down so I went next door for the Korean teacher and in the 30 seconds I had gone one of the little girls had gone and CUT the safety tab for a fire extinguisher and blasted it all over the floor. :eek:

The place was white when I ran back!~ :rolleyes:

I told her to wait after class but she bolted when the bell went, she saw me coming after her but ran off out of the school as fast as her little legs could carry her! :rolleyes:

Poor little boy was quite upset I felt so bad for him. I hope he's not too embarrassed to come to class tomorrow... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Sick as a small hospital - no work for me today - going to stay in bed until man flu is gone :(:(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Squeakyduck's post reminds me of all the scary stories that made me realise a hDip was not for me after I finished college. Little kids are crazy! :eek: :pac:
    Fair play for being able to handle that, Squeaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

happy pancake day everyone!!!!
    :D

Stupid electricitiy bill came. 320. I'm screwed for money next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Pancake Tuesday :p

Last night really showed me how much work I could do when I'm not being distracted, I'm going to be locking myself away tonight and see what I can really do!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

pay half it?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭swapple

The thought of coming home to pancakes are the only thing getting me through the day.

Damn you college *stands outside college and shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

And things just get worse and worse!!

bluewolf wrote: »
    pay half it?
    Then I'd be screwed for April. I budgeted that it would be 200. Not sure where I'm going to pull the extra 120 from. :(

• Advertisement

Then I'd be screwed for April. I budgeted that it would be 200. Not sure where I'm going to pull the extra 120 from. :(

but they let you pay in instalments and everything, we rang up once and it was like "hey guys payday is in a week or so, so even though its due now can we pay the rest then" and they were like "ah yeah grand"
    pay 200 now and then worry about the rest in bits?

bluewolf wrote: »
    but they let you pay in instalments and everything, we rang up once and it was like "hey guys payday is in a week or so, so even though its due now can we pay the rest then" and they were like "ah yeah grand"
    pay 200 now and then worry about the rest in bits?

Wish is was that simple. I've my budget done for the year and there's no wiggle room really. I could pay 10e a month but if the next bill is higher than 200 then i'd be even more screwed again.

I need a better paying job.

ah okay
    hope you work something out then xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I has coco pops om nom nom :D

My friend (who works in a supermarket) told me that a guy came in the other day and spent €600 on coco pops. Just coco pops. He wanted 14 crates but they only had 4 so he had to come back to get the rest another day. Who needs that much coco pops! I suggested he was doing a world record in a swimming pool :p People are weird

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ouch, mine was 85 for nov-jan, the joys of living alone since theres nothing being used when i'm not there aside from the fridge and stuff thats has to be plugged in. was it an estimated bill? cos if it was send in your meter reading and they'll change it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

If I had €600 i'd totally spend it on cocopops

Feeling really down today so I went out, bought some fresh made superquinn pancakes and bought that saved by cake book.

Now to eat lemony pancakes til I feel better

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ours is similar as is my sisters. Crazy bills. :eek:

Pancakes for breakfast! :D I'm only up around half and hour. Going to have a shower and walk to the post office soon.

Looking forward to the weekend, I think my bf might be coming down if he can afford it. If not I'll probably go to him.

You okay, LostGirly?

krudler wrote: »
    ouch, mine was 85 for nov-jan, the joys of living alone since theres nothing being used when i'm not there aside from the fridge and stuff thats has to be plugged in. was it an estimated bill? cos if it was send in your meter reading and they'll change it.

I'm going to check the meter readings when I get home and hope to god they've got it completely wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Mollikins I have a 4 month old JRT-he eats ALL of the things. Footballs are a particular favourite. My boyfriend put up a little greenhouse yesterday with a plastic cover instead of glass, we thought this would be a bit tempting for him alrignt so we blocked off the corner with planks of wood and branches. Looked out this morning to see the entire barricade neatly dragged to the end of the garden, every single pot knocked to the ground and the plastic cover in ribbons. And a sweet innocent looking pup asleep in the middle of it all. :rolleyes:

I have a horrible horrible work situation thats been dragging on for about 5 days and I think it's going to come to a head today and I feel sick about it. In one way I hope it does because I want it dealt with and out of the way so I can stop stressing when I'm at home but on the other I want to hide under my duvet and not have to deal with stupid scary grown-up things. wah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement