Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

aristocat wrote: »
    Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton......easy read but holds your attention. A story told from the perspective of two women in 'out of body' mode as they are in intensive care after a fire. An interesting way to tell a story, if not quite believable. I fought with this aspect all through the 470 pages. But very entertaining and worth the effort just for that alone.

I wanted to start a book club but im not sure if the people i know would debate a good book or just use it as an excuse for wine and gossip :( (not that the wine and gossip isnt fun ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

God threads like this depress the hell out of me: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056555477

:(

I find the attitudes a lot of people there have are exactly the same as they'd have towards misogyny: it's all just a joke/you're oversensitive/love to take offense...

yeah, love having straight white cisgender males dictate to me what's offensive or not.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Get the "Scrub Your Nose In It" from Soap & Glory in Boots. Think it's about €14 and it's BRILLIANT for enlarged pores. You can either use it as a daily scrub, or leave it to dry on your face like a mask. I love it. They also do another mask for blackheads called The Fab Pore, but I prefer the other one.
    Had a look in boots today, but didn't find it. I saw another "no clogs allowed" face mask, didn't get it 'cos I thought I'd ask first if it's any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I really want to hug LostGirly and ellieh1 now. Hope you both feel better soon. xx

OMG I forgot about Ivy! Anyone get any news?

I'm quite excited about making pancakes later. It's pancake mix but it'll be a miracle if I don't wreck the kitchen! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Darn double post.

ellieh1 and LostGirly, I hope things turn around for you both soon! Life will give you a break, even if it feels like it's a long way off right now.

Went to donate blood today :) The good news, my iron levels are okay, 13.2. The bad news, I got light headed and faint once again, so the doctor told me I should probably not go back for a couple of years :(
    I ate like a horse beforehand, ruining my healthy-eating streak, and I still ended up weak afterwards. Grr.. Ah well, someone else will still benefit from it and that's the important thing.

UCD Fashion Show tonight :D Still had no pancakes today though, and I've no mixture for them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ran into a friend of mine in the park today- she'd just found a little yorkshire terrier x puppy, only 2 months old! We brought her to the vets cause her belly was all swollen from worms. No chip or tag and she was wearing a very battered cat coller. Vet said she'd think she's probably an unwanted christmas present dumped in the park (it's a regular occurance, I actually found my own dog in that park too last summer).
    Friend is taking her home for the night while she waits to see if anyone claims her, but knowing her, I'm sure that puppy has now found a lovely new home :)

(we called her pancake)

bubblefett wrote: »
    Ran into a friend of mine in the park today- she'd just found a little yorkshire terrier x puppy, only 2 months old! We brought her to the vets cause her belly was all swollen from worms. No chip or tag and she was wearing a very battered cat coller. Vet said she'd think she's probably an unwanted christmas present dumped in the park (it's a regular occurance, I actually found my own dog in that park too last summer).
    Friend is taking her home for the night while she waits to see if anyone claims her, but knowing her, I'm sure that puppy has now found a lovely new home :)

(we called her pancake)

Aw! Hope the doggy is okay!
    My bf had a kitten called Pancake, but he had to give her away :(

(we called her pancake)

Awh the poor little puppy.. Cutest name ever though.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'd love to get a dog but i live in an apt so it wouldnt be fair :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ah, Bubblefett, Pancake! So cute!
    I still cannot quite believe that people still haven't learned that 'a puppy is for life, not just for Christmas.' :rolleyes:

Lost Girly, it's only February so hopefully this year still has lots of good times around the corner. What college courses are your applying for?
    Ellie, that sucks. :(
    When I win the EuorMillions tonight I'll buy your house for you.. or a castle next door to the castle I'll be buying myself if you prefer.
    If you continue saving etc, will they review your application at a later date?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Got a new car today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Hi there

I had somtheing similar a few weeks ago and popped into the chemist and got an OTC eye cream, think it was called Goldeneye. It cleared it up almost overnight. Makes the eye very blurry though as it is quite thick, so be sure to put it in just before bedtime :)
    Thanks so much for this, will ask about it in Boots tomorrow.

Heading over to my boyfriends in a bit so we can book our hotel. So excited to get to London and see everyone :D

According to my sister my dad is feeling much better and is much more chatty too :D Thrilled to hear it, esp after everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Exam went fine :)

There's pancake mixture in the fridge since last night but I can pancakes until about 9pm when people get home :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

I'm in agony, trapped nerve in my back (spasm central) :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Worst day at work in a long time, don't ya just love being blamed for something that had nothing to do with you :rolleyes: Of course I'm meant to be on a diet and now all I want is chocolate and wine...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I did a neti pot to clear my sinuses and my nose is so blocked the water was coming out my eyes rather than my other nostril. Such a weird feeling!

(we called her pancake)

If Ivy gives birth today, she should definitely call her baby Pancake. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

I wanted to start a book club but im not sure if the people i know would debate a good book or just use it as an excuse for wine and gossip :( (not that the wine and gossip isnt fun ;) )
    I don't think it matters how much you talk about the book really. If the book is engaging and has had an impact, then the reviewing will follow naturally. If it doesn't catch the imagination, well the talk will be less. I think it depends on what sort of a Book Club you want. I think some clubs take it quite seriously and like to follow a pattern of review, dissection, analysis and overall impression. That is absolutely great and suits some people. My club likes to take a more relaxed format. We discuss and analyze but the conversation often wanders to other things (gossip). Ultimately we get the job done and our particular style doesn't scare anyone into thinking they wouldn't be able for it. Whatever style you choose, it is all good because books are being read, and that's a very good thing. I hope you manage to start a club. I can only say it is very rewarding and I love it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

jujibee wrote: »
    I did a neti pot to clear my sinuses and my nose is so blocked the water was coming out my eyes rather than my other nostril. Such a weird feeling!
    Oh my gosh, what a picture that paints! Ugggh!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

I don't think it matters how much you talk about the book really. If the book is engaging and has had an impact, then the reviewing will follow naturally. If it doesn't catch the imagination, well the talk will be less. I think it depends on what sort of a Book Club you want. I think some clubs take it quite seriously and like to follow a pattern of review, dissection, analysis and overall impression. That is absolutely great and suits some people. My club likes to take a more relaxed format. We discuss and analyze but the conversation often wanders to other things (gossip). Ultimately we get the job done and our particular style doesn't scare anyone into thinking they wouldn't be able for it. Whatever style you choose, it is all good because books are being read, and that's a very good thing. I hope you manage to start a club. I can only say it is very rewarding and I love it. :D

I would love to start one ... i LOVE reading !!!

In other news ;) im still sick ..... spent an entire day watching dvds so not all bad !! Am i the only person that does not like pancakes ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Perfect day. I'm so, so happy I could burst. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Oh my gosh, what a picture that paints! Ugggh!:eek:

Yeah, it felt really odd but I can now breath through my nose and my eyes have stopped the allergy itch/burn that was going on earlier today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Dolorous wrote: »
    now all I want is chocolate and wine...

Like this?

chocovine_1246464628.jpg

Like this?
    Oooooooooh. :D

Perfect day. I'm so, so happy I could burst. :D

Yay! :D Any particular reason? :)
    Like this?

chocovine_1246464628.jpg

WANT! :D

I hope we have some news from Ivy soon! :D

Here's a pic of the pancakes I made and also one of my chipmunk Rolo because I felt like putting one up :D
    pancakes.jpg

Rolo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

Thanks everyone for all the kind words of support. I am terribly dissapointed but tomorrow is another day.

Thanks espically to a very kind boardsie who took the time to send a lovely PM of encouragement and support.

Can we have a.... Guess the weight of Ivy's baby? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Can we have a.... Guess the weight of Ivy's baby? :)

Do I win?

Baby Pancake will weigh... erm, 8 lbs 2 oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I reckon baby Pancake will weigh 7lb 8oz :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hi All,

I haven't time to catch up on today's pages except to say that ellieh that sucks, and hope Ivy calls her baby pancake!

I just popped in to declare my undying love for Eviledna, who made my entire week by baking me an AWESOME birthday cake! And gave me presents, and a card, basically had a teeny tiny party for me :):o Cake tastes so much better when someone else makes it, AND writes your name on it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement