Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lia_lia wrote: »
    :eek: It is possible to get 100% in assignments? What college do you go to? Wow! Well done. They are brilliant results :)

It is possible! These weren't really essays which I think are hard to get perfect marks on, these were case studies and I am always verrry careful to make sure that I answer questions correctly, and I ask about marking schemes so I know where marks are going etc. Nerd... :o Oh, and Maynooth. And thank you :)

kate.m wrote: »
    two 100%?!? :eek:
    That's amazing!! Isn't 60% still a 2.1 or something in college? which is still a brilliant result :)

Thank you. Yeah, it's just that it's a continuous module so there's no exam. However, I've figured that assignment was only worth 10% of the module so my 60% means I have 6% and have only lost 4% so it's not so bad. If I just don't mess up again, it'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Mollikins wrote: »
    Jane, *Hugs* will be thinking of you. Just remember it’s the best thing for your Granny.

Doggy is feeling sick. :( He keeps doing these weird gulpy things in his throat which past experience tells me means he needs to get sick. I’ve brought him out the back 3 times in the past hour in the hope it would help but it hasn’t.
    mariebeth wrote: »
    @Jane: Hope today goes well for your gran and your family and of course you, big hugs & thinking of you xxx
    Jane: I hope today goes ok for you and your family.
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Jane, I hope you and your grandmother get on okay today, PM if you need a chat :)
    LostGirly wrote: »
    Jane get rid of it straight away! Everyone I know that used it has had theirs spammed or hacked or whatever! Mine did a couple of years ago, my brothers recently, my friend about a month ago everyone! Set up gmail and you get everything forwarded from your hotmail but close the account! Then you can continue to use it for the sites you've signed up to with it! It's easy to change the email address on sites anyway! It's worth it especially if you have contacts in your addresses book that are professional like college tutors/anyone you've applied to for a job etc! They'll send to everyone.

PS Hope today went/is going well for you! XX

Guys thanks so much for all the messages about my Gran. She's in there now. It's only 5 minutes away from us. Apparently she did kick up a huge fuss about going in and was very upset. We're waiting to see if she will settle down. It's kinda stressful tbh. I don't see her settling but we'll see. I feel sad knowing she's probably confused but I know it's the best thing for her.

I've sorted my email as well. It had been locked because of the messages but I unblocked it and then changed the password straight away. It's a pain but I hope it will be okay now.

Mollykins is your doggy feeling better?
    Applied for an internship maybe 2 hours ago - interview already lined up this Wednesday.

Congratulations boney! :D

Oh Lordy, is Ivy still here? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

ellieh1 wrote: »
    Daughter is having a very hard time in school at the moment, teacher seems to have taken a huge dislike to her and is very tough on her. It was so heartbreaking to bring her back to school today after having been off since Thursday. I was so hoping that she would be happy going in this morning, but alas no.....we had tears galore yet again, with her wanting me to take her home. It was so hard to walk away, she is only 6 years old.

:eek::eek::eek: That's awful ellieh1! I really don't understand how teachers can be like that, especially with young children. Will she have that teacher next year? It's awful for a child so young (or any age for that matter) to be so upset about going to school, I really hope that it won't turn her off school. Is there anything you can do or say to the teacher/school?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Acoshla wrote: »
    For the first time, in the 2.5 years we've had him, our cat is sleeping on my lap :eek: He never sits on me, only the boyfriend....I'm scared...

Cats know when you has a sad. Well, most cats. My cat just headbutts me til I stroke her, no matter what my mood :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Conversation between James and Mike just now:

James: "Daddy! Goc-toh! (Doctor Who)"
    Mike: "Not now baby, maybe later."
    James: "Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

Child sounds like an air raid siren sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

mariebeth wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: That's awful ellieh1! I really don't understand how teachers can be like that, especially with young children. Will she have that teacher next year? It's awful for a child so young (or any age for that matter) to be so upset about going to school, I really hope that it won't turn her off school. Is there anything you can do or say to the teacher/school?

In her school teachers teach the same class for three years and then are moved to a different class. So for instance, this year is the third year that her teacher has had Senior Infants so her teacher will be assigned to a new class in September. I am really hoping that she is not assigned to first class as I know my daughter wont be able to cope with another year with that teacher.

I have spoken to the teacher about my concerns on a couple of occasions and most recently after I collected my daughter from school last week and she got into the car and cried hysterically becuase she had fallen in the yard during break playing catch and had knocked a child over in the process. I told her not to worry, it was an accident and asked was the other kid ok. My daughter got very upset and said she told the teacher loads of times that it was an accident, but that she wouldnt listen and the teacher didnt believe her and got very cross with her. She said she kept shouting at her and this was the final straw. I brought her back into the school, tears streaming down her face and asked to see the teacher and asked her why my daughter was in this state coming home. I made sure the teacher listened to my daughters version of the story and by the time she was finished the teacher said sorry to her. I made it clear that it was not acceptable for my daughter to come out of school that distraught and that it was not to happen again.

The following day the principal went out of her way to make a fuss of my daughter, asking was she ok ect. I didnt discuss the issue with the principal but I have no doubt someone said something to her about it. I have decided that if there is one more instance that I will ask the principal for advice on how to handle the situation. It has gone from my child being a model student, winning awards for behaviour and being friendlly with her peers to being given out to and not listened to when she has a problem. My daugher is no angel by any means, but she is certainly not mean or would go out of her way to hurt anyone, she is a big softie.

Apologies for the HUGE rant, it has been a very stressful experience for the last few months. The only relief I have is that I am one of many parents having the same problem with kids in the class. I am not alone and that is something I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I saw your new clothes in the Latest Purchases thread tomissex, I heart your skirt!

Me too :D first thing I saw when I walked in. And a steal at €20!
    Crap. Could you get someone else to buy you one, or is there a teeny tiny limit on the number of tickets per person?

2 per person :( I don't think I know many people going so I might just give it a miss. Maybe then I'll get Madrid as good karma :p

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

oh ellieh1, that really is awful. No teacher should be allowed to make children feel so awful. I really hope that it gets resolved, and that you're daughter won't have that teacher next year. Or ever again with any luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,966 ✭✭✭cena

Any of ye ladies ever see the flim called novmember christmas.

its about a young girl that has cancer. Very well put together. Also very sad to watch with it been a young child. I really don't know how I would cope if I knew a child that was in my life with it.

Been working with kids for over tens years. Wish I could be a teacher for little kids.

heres the trailer for the flim. Even got to watch it with my aunt when it came out while in new york.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTzbgB3qdk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Going to have to get my cv "canada-ified"

As well as that, I plan to start applying for jobs.

Boom!

Sticking to my budgeting is hard at the moment but at the end of this year, I know things will be epic!

• Advertisement

ellieh1 - Hope you're daughter's okay. I had a couple of teachers like that while I was in school. Had a lecturer in college that took a dislike to me for no reason also. It's not nice.

cena - I've heard of that film, I was planning on watching it sometime actually. Sounds really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My 12 year old cousin was diagnosed as Diabetic today. Poor thing. :(
    We had all noticed that she had loss a drastic amount of weight as she always had a bit of a belly but it was put down to hormones and a growth spurt. She is also known for her foul moods too. Now it all makes sense.
    What a horrible age to get Diabetes at though. And the day before pancake Tuesday to add insult to injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm sooo tired right now, could fall into bed and sleep for the night :(

Dinner soon, sausages, poached eggs, mashed spuds and a spice burger :)

Bloody internet has been a nightmare all day long, it's driving me nuts. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

My husband is away for the night so I am catching up on Glee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I'm sooo tired right now, could fall into bed and sleep for the night :(

Dinner soon, sausages, poached eggs, mashed spuds and a spice burger :)

Bloody internet has been a nightmare all day long, it's driving me nuts. :mad:

Your dinners always sound delicious! Especially the garlic potatoes!

Not jealous at all...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Love cello but wtb bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

Having had a really great Sunday and having received a far better exam result than I had anticipated today, I'm feeling generally pleased! :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I aint a material girl in the least... and i notice when people are materialistic! annoys me sometime.s

Anyway, my birthday at weekend, away today, thought ok Dad (parents separated) will have sent card, i'll get it today, came back, not one single card in post. dont know why the hell it has bothered me so much because this has happened last 3 years.. wouldnt annoy me only for my brothers bday is in 10 days and he'll get one!

anyway pissed off about that.
    apart from that, lovely bday!

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    ellieh1 - Hope you're daughter's okay. I had a couple of teachers like that while I was in school. Had a lecturer in college that took a dislike to me for no reason also. It's not nice.

cena - I've heard of that film, I was planning on watching it sometime actually. Sounds really good.

I've just copied it off the sky box so I can keep it. I could try and make an other copy and I send it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Your dinners always sound delicious! Especially the garlic potatoes!

Not jealous at all...
    Heh thank you.

The garlic potatoes are really really easy to do.

I can't remember where I found the original recipe, but this is how I do them.

I par boil the potatoes (if your spuds are big, cut them in half, so the spuds are near enough in size and will be cooked around the same time).

When they are par boiled, drain the water from them and leave them to dry out on the hob/cooker (we put them no.1 or no.2, but watch they don't burn).

While they are drying out, I put some duck fat in the oven (in the same dish you will be roasting the potatoes in) and when it it melted I take one potato at a time and cover it in the melted duck fat, when all the potatoes are covered in duck fat, I put garlic cloves (sometimes chopped, sometimes whole, but always pealed) and put them in the oven at 170 celsius (fan assisted oven) and cook them for 40-50 minutes, sometimes less.

Sometimes I put chilli powder on them or garlic powder or paprika, which gives them a lovely colour. The garlic powder is lovely on them as it gives a nice garlic flavour, I don't use much though, just a small pinch. I find without the garlic powder you don't get a strong garlic flavour.

You can use olive oil etc, but the duck fat gives a lovely flavour, you can use goose fat too, though I have only ever used olive oil and duck fat (not both at once!).

They are usually nice and fluffy on the inside with a crispy-ish skin on the outside, absolutely delicious and go with everything, roast chicken, lamb, pork, beef etc. Even on their own they are scrumptious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My housemate and her boyfriend are at it really loudly again.

Playing Wii together that is. I really miss my boyfriend :( Wish they would just have sex instead. Or invite me to join.

Gonna watch Walking Dead online with my boyfriend soon though, that will cheer me up, bitta gore. :)

cena wrote: »

I've just copied it off the sky box so I can keep it. I could try and make an other copy and I send it to you.

That would be cool actually. I've tried to find it on the site I usually use for watching stuff and clicked about 8 links and all of them say "this movie is no longer available on our servers."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oooh sounds pretty easy The Little Muffin, I'll try them next time I can get to a decent oven :)

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    That would be cool actually. I've tried to find it on the site I usually use for watching stuff and clicked about 8 links and all of them say "this movie is no longer available on our servers."

i'll see what i can do.

ya its not online. looked for it a long time before christmas and I couldnt find it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My housemate and her boyfriend are at it really loudly again.

Playing Wii together that is. I really miss my boyfriend :( Wish they would just have sex instead. Or invite me to join.

Gonna watch Walking Dead online with my boyfriend soon though, that will cheer me up, bitta gore. :)

the wii or the sex :pac:

I gave up on the walking dead, it just gets worse every week, and it started so brilliantly, I dont quite know how the makers managed to make a zombie apocalypse duller than an episode of eastenders but they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

krudler wrote: »
    the wii or the sex :pac:

I gave up on the walking dead, it just gets worse every week, and it started so brilliantly, I dont quite know how the makers managed to make a zombie apocalypse duller than an episode of eastenders but they did.

Either! I left my wii and man in Ireland :pac:

Yeah it's pretty touch and go with episodes but you can get a good episode or a good moment every now and again so I'll keep it up. Also I have nothing better to do! It's sad cause it would be great except for the stupid network budget cuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

LOVE the feel of new socks :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Conversation between James and Mike just now:

James: "Daddy! Goc-toh! (Doctor Who)"
    Mike: "Not now baby, maybe later."
    James: "Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

Child sounds like an air raid siren sometimes.

Teach him to say "are you my mommy?" in a british accent, doooo it! (that was my text alert for a while but started to freak me out if I got a late night text)

I'm so annoyed, 3 weeks later and I still haven't gotten my refund from superquinnmovies for charging me for a free trial!! And they keep ignoring my emails :(:mad:
    I'm in a grummble grummble hate the world mood tonight- only solution is a few hours of battlefield. Kill everyone- feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Apprehensive.... Are the flexible accounts on littlewoods actually as good as they seem?? I'd love some new clobber but afraid to buy off it if i can't pay it off.

Decisions, decisions...

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    i'll see what i can do.

ya its not online. looked for it a long time before christmas and I couldnt find it

Thanks so much, that would be great! :D

Edit: My mam just got a phone call. Gran isn't settling at all so my mam is gone over to the nursing home to see if she can get her to settle. Can't see this working at all. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement