Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Baby and crumble,

I had a breast check last year and they found a lump, went to hospital and got the check done and it was nothing, just a lump that seems to increase when I am due my period.
    So, Please do not spend the next 6 weeks worrying
    *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

I've not had a single pancake yet...I had grand plans to have sweet pancakes for breakfast and savory pancakes for dinner but alas not a single drop of milk in the house :(

Stench...it does sound quite high...have you ever had a reading that high before.I think ours is normally under 100 for two people. If it is correct do you have anything you could sell that might make up the shortfall? I hate that feeling of trying to rob peter to pay paul.

B and C...I can't begin to imagine how your feeling. Really hoping for good news for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Stupid electricitiy bill came. 320. I'm screwed for money next month.

:( That is ridiculous. I don't understand why electricity has to be so high in Ireland. I remember before I moved I had to pay 200e for a stupid electricity bill, large chunk would go out of my wages. :mad:

I hope you find a way to sort it! :)

I had my first taste of nutella in over six months earlier. I smothered my pancakes in it! If you heard a slight MMMMMMMM! in the distance that was me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Spoke to the bank of daddy and he's going to help me pay for it.

I'm avoiding the canteen today because they are serving pancakes. I can't eat them but love them so much. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spoke to the bank of daddy and he's going to help me pay for it.

I'm avoiding the canteen today because they are serving pancakes. I can't eat them but love them so much. :(

why can't you have them?I'm avoiding them too :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I want real pancakes.. I got some out of a packet but they're just not the same. :(

why can't you have them?I'm avoiding them too :'(

I try not to eat grains because they don't tend to agree with me. (Waiting for an allergy test to tell me what's wrong with me but I'm pretty sure I'm coeliac)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I want real pancakes.. I got some out of a packet but they're just not the same. :(

Make some! They're the easiest things ever :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just had pancakes at work, yum yum yum! :p
    I plan to just skip lunch and dinner and just have pancakes instead.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm going to check the meter readings when I get home and hope to god they've got it completely wrong!

if you got the bill it should have a big "E" next to the amount if its estimated, if so then just ring or email the esb with the meter reading, they tried to tell me I used over 150 quids worth of electricity between august to october, living alone I used twice as much as when I had a housemate who was there all day watching tv and using a laptop? pah! they reduced it to 50 odd, the correct amount.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Baby and Crumble - I hope everything goes well for you. Fingers crossed.

No pancakes for me yet, hopefully some later.

My phone is screwed again. I had it replaced only ten days ago and now I'm having more problems. Sick of it. :mad:

Lunch now, sausages, spice burger, brown bread and poached egg. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

So very tired. Would like to take a nap now. I wish grown ups got nap time. I bet we would appreciate it a lot more than most kids :p

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

I hate my job, my relationship is falling apart, chances of getting into college keep slipping away from me, my crappy job prevented me from getting an interview for a great job and I am completely broke!

Go on 2012, go crazy and do me a good turn for once!!

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

The local council have just called me to say I have been refused my house purchase loan. I am devestated and fighting back tears at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Baby and Crumble - I hope everything goes well for you. Fingers crossed.
    No pancakes for me yet, hopefully some later.
    My phone is screwed again. I had it replaced only ten days ago and now I'm having more problems. Sick of it. :mad:
    Lunch now, sausages, spice burger, brown bread and poached egg. Can't wait :)

Mmmmmm thats some.lunch.your having XD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

LostGirly wrote: »
    I hate my job, my relationship is falling apart, chances of getting into college keep slipping away from me, my crappy job prevented me from getting an interview for a great job and I am completely broke!

Oh Lost Girly, i just wanna pick you up and give you cuddles!! <3

Ellie thats awful :-( can you appeal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Everyone here is having such a ****ty day!

Well, I spent the day not doing much. Might walk up to the post office to get my money today from my cheque. Which has to go towards my rent, bummers!

Getting paid in a week though! Can't wait to get all the bills paid cos it'll make me feel so so much better about everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I cannot wait to have pancakes. Oh Nutella, you are happiness in a jar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

ellieh1 wrote: »
    The local council have just called me to say I have been refused my house purchase loan. I am devestated and fighting back tears at the moment.

Is there any way to appeal?

My eyes keep running water, I hope it's not an eye infection :(

• Advertisement

My eyes keep running water, I hope it's not an eye infection :(

Oh no! You've caught my eye infection! Mine is caused from getting my eyelashes tinted yesterday but it looks like i've got pink eye. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

Ok..time to get out of the wallowing! Must find positives!!

Pancakes tonight with Nigella's chocolate sauce, to be eaten while watching Geordie Shore and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding! That'll do donkey, that'll do!!

Oh no! You've caught my eye infection! Mine is caused from getting my eyelashes tinted yesterday but it looks like i've got pink eye. :D
    I bloody hope it's not an infection :(

I'm going to London in a week so could do without any illnesses/infections :(

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ellieh1

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Oh Lost Girly, i just wanna pick you up and give you cuddles!! <3

Ellie thats awful :-( can you appeal?
    Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Is there any way to appeal?

Not that I know of to be honest. The lady from the council said they have tried every avenue possible to help my case but that unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I have no idea what I am going to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

I bloody hope it's not an infection :(

I'm going to London in a week so could do without any illnesses/infections :(

Hi there

I had somtheing similar a few weeks ago and popped into the chemist and got an OTC eye cream, think it was called Goldeneye. It cleared it up almost overnight. Makes the eye very blurry though as it is quite thick, so be sure to put it in just before bedtime :)

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

pampootie wrote: »
    Mollikins I have a 4 month old JRT-he eats ALL of the things. Footballs are a particular favourite. My boyfriend put up a little greenhouse yesterday with a plastic cover instead of glass, we thought this would be a bit tempting for him alrignt so we blocked off the corner with planks of wood and branches. Looked out this morning to see the entire barricade neatly dragged to the end of the garden, every single pot knocked to the ground and the plastic cover in ribbons. And a sweet innocent looking pup asleep in the middle of it all. :rolleyes:
    Sounds like your little fella is related to my doggie. :D
    We have a part of our garden cordoned off using wire and stakes and he still manages to get in! Dunno how he does it because we checked all around the outside of it and couldn't find any space. And he's a roly-poly fella! Of course he manages to get in but can't get out and barks and squeals until we lift him out sometimes! :D
    LostGirly wrote: »

Ah Lostgirly, hope things improve for you soon. You deserve a break! :)
    ellieh1 wrote: »
    Ah ellieh1, that's awful news. My parents only got to buy our house last year after 25 years in it. They were so delighted that it was finally theirs so I can understand your disappointment. Hope you get it appealed or find some way around it.

Handy day in college. We all had a great chat with one of our tutors about what we are going to do next year. Tonnes of options. Made me think about what I want. Food for thought and all that. Have to decide soon I guess.

Waiting for my sister to cave and start making pancakes! Too lazy to make them myself. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

I have the worst migraine ever!!
    pregnancy sucks sometimes,
    baby Ivy should be along soon eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Book Club tonight. Can't wait. Books, cake and gossip. What more could I want. Oh, and a glass or two of wine. It's kinda like the Ladies Lounge in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

aristocat wrote: »
    Book Club tonight. Can't wait. Books, cake and gossip. What more could I want. Oh, and a glass or two of wine. It's kinda like the Ladies Lounge in 3D.

What book are ye reading this week ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

What book are ye reading this week ?
    Afterwards by Rosamund Lupton......easy read but holds your attention. A story told from the perspective of two women in 'out of body' mode as they are in intensive care after a fire. An interesting way to tell a story, if not quite believable. I fought with this aspect all through the 470 pages. But very entertaining and worth the effort just for that alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement