Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

EmilyO wrote: »
    My house mate has reached new levels of stinginess. Yesterday when I came back to the apartment after the weekend, there was no toilet paper left, so I went shopping after class and brought some home.

Meanwhile, my house mate had stolen a massive roll of paper from the college toilets and put it in the bathroom.

I sh*t you not.

I dont see anything wrong with that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

jujibee wrote: »
    Yes, lovely little nugget of peanut butter, wrapped in chocolate and covered in candy shell.

Just the tiniest crunch to get past the shell and the rest smooshes across your tongue in all of its peanut butter and chocolate glory...

although, when I am in the states I usually get Reese's Pieces instead as I like their peanut butter to chocolate to candy ratios better.

I'm actually drooling.

That bit in bold, go wash your mouth out with soap young lady. NOTHING beats m&m's:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I'M not a fan of Reese's cups, I find them way too sweet or something.
    Like Jujibee said the peanut butter M&M's are perfection, a little crunch and then lovely smooth chocolate and peanut butter :D
    They also have pretzel M&Ms across the pond if anyone likes a mix of salty and sweet. I thought they were ok, not great, but my boyfriend was obsessed with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Damn you all, I'm now currently buying american foods off the internet because of ye... Thank god it's pay day tomorrow!!!

I'M not a fan of Reece's cups, I find them way too sweet or something.
    Like Jujibee said the peanut butter M&M's are perfection, a little crunch and then lovely smooth chocolate and peanut butter :D
    They also have pretzel M&Ms across the pond if anyone likes a mix of salty and sweet. I thought they were ok but my boyfriend was obsessed with them!

Looking online here and you can also buy mint M&Ms and coconut ones mmmmmm :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Lucyfur wrote: »
    I'm actually drooling.

That bit in bold, go wash your mouth out with soap young lady. NOTHING beats m&m's:D:D

My favourite m&ms are the almond ones but you rarely see them any more :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

sillymoo wrote: »
    I dont see anything wrong with that :o

Well she's just really stingy in general, I guess it's not so bad as a once off thing. She won't buy anything in Dublin, even her butter comes from home in a tupperware box with her name on it. I know times are hard for everyone, but 2euro for some loo roll isn't too much to ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Sar_Bear wrote: »

Looking online here and you can also buy mint M&Ms and coconut ones mmmmmm :p

The coconut ones aren't that great IMO.

I didn't see any mint ones :eek: they might have sent me over the edge! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Damn you all, I'm now currently buying american foods off the internet because of ye... Thank god it's pay day tomorrow!!!

There is a show in America called Unwrapped and they talk about how different foods are made. One night I had been out drinking and flipped on the tv when I got home and that show was on and they were talking about old types of candies.

A week later I get a box of random old candies in the mail. Turned out I had gone on-line and ordered them after watching the show and then totally forgot about it until the box came in the mail :o

The candy was all nice though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I used to love peanut butter m&ms and pretzel m&ms when I was in the states. Found it very hard to find chocolate I liked there so had to content myself with mainlining malt balls, m&ms and ben and jerrys.

Links, congrats on the egg! Poached eggs can be bastards of things!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Yes actual peanut butter! Sadly they are only available in the US (or Ebay for a crazy price :p). I was in the US at Christmas and I brought 3 big bags home with me.. I'm on the last one now :(

Candyland in galway sell them but you can order them off their website, I order them whenever I gets the cravings and they're here in 2days, nom!!

The coconut ones aren't that great IMO.

I didn't see any mint ones :eek: they might have sent me over the edge! :p

Feast your eyes... All the M&Ms you can handle!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

If any Dublin people are looking for those Peanut Butter M&Ms, they sell them in Candy Lab in Temple Bar and (strangely) downstairs in River Island on grafton street.

About €2 a packet. So very, very worth it. Just leave some for me!

Gauge wrote: »
    If any Dublin people are looking for those Peanut Butter M&Ms, they sell them in Candy Lab in Temple Bar and (strangely) downstairs in River Island on grafton street.

YUMMO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

EmilyO wrote: »
    My house mate has reached new levels of stinginess. Yesterday when I came back to the apartment after the weekend, there was no toilet paper left, so I went shopping after class and brought some home.

Meanwhile, my house mate had stolen a massive roll of paper from the college toilets and put it in the bathroom.

I sh*t you not.

OMG that is stingy.. The only time I'd even consider doing something like that is if I actually had no money whatsoever.
    Gauge wrote: »

Next time I'm in Dublin I may attempt to get some. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    OMG that is stingy.. The only time I'd even consider doing something like that is if I actually had no money whatsoever.

I thought everybody did that at least once!! :p

You know you're old when the highlight of your day is a tie between putting together an Ikea chair successfully and being able to dry clothes outside while listening to the birds chirping :o:)

To be honest thats a little harsh. Every student I know has done it at some point, including myself. And there have been plenty of weeks where I have had no money for food, let alone toilet paper!

Acoshla wrote: »

You know you're old when the highlight of your day is a tie between putting together an Ikea chair successfully and being able to dry clothes outside while listening to the birds chirping :o:)
    To be honest thats a little harsh. Every student I know has done it at some point, including myself. And there have been plenty of weeks where I have had no money for food, let alone toilet paper!

Sorry I didn't meant to offend anyone. I never had to do it so...

Sorry I didn't meant to offend anyone. I never had to do it so...

Ahhh Jane you did not offend! Just sometimes money gets incredibly tight and it is hard to justify spending money on something that will end up in the toilet when it could be spent on food which will also end up in the toilet...... you get what I mean :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A girl I was in college with swiped one of those massive rolls of loo paper from the library bathroom. All was grand until she tried to walk out the door, and the alarms went off - she had a book in her bag that she'd forgotten to check out! Of course, when they checked her bag to find the source, the item at the top was the (very obviously stolen) roll of loo paper, she said she was morto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Acoshla wrote: »

Mighty drying weather out there today!!

Fishie wrote: »
    A girl I was in college with swiped one of those massive rolls of loo paper from the library bathroom. All was grand until she tried to walk out the door, and the alarms went off - she had a book in her bag that she'd forgotten to check out! Of course, when they checked her bag to find the source, the item at the top was the (very obviously stolen) roll of loo paper, she said she was morto!

Rookie :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Aldi fruit and custard strudel, om nom nom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Mighty drying weather out there today!!

Also perfect weather to take the doggy to the local woods and old manor house where she got to do her favourite thing - belt down the gorgeous "back" garden of the old house and jump straight into the fountain :o:)

Ahhh Jane you did not offend! Just sometimes money gets incredibly tight and it is hard to justify spending money on something that will end up in the toilet when it could be spent on food which will also end up in the toilet...... you get what I mean :confused:

I know.. Thankfully money has never been that tight for me. Sorry, I'm just not in the best form tonight. I've eaten rice and a few other bits and pieces and I haven't been to the bathroom since this afternoon but I still feel weak.

12 pack of Vanilla coke for 12 euro :o yes please!!!! also on the order list... Cherry Coke, Ranch Dressing & Coffee-Mate Hazelnut Creamer :D

I blame boardsies for me wasting my wages on american goodies xD

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ZOMG!!! I NEED them. Like, actually NEED them. My blood is made up of half peanut butter, half peanut m&m's....these would make my life so much easier:eek::eek:

My bestie is going stateside soon. Must give her extra suitcase for these:D

Candyland in Galway do 'em I think. I should be passing one of the days and I'll check for ya. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Been sending off CV's all afternoon, 2 replies so far even if one was only an auto-response! :D

I applied to advanced entry to an equivalent course to mine but in another IT. If I get it it would mean that I will spend a year less in college but still come out with a level 8 degree... 1 year's less fees and one potential extra year of income yes please! It cost me €30 to apply which I didn't really have to spare, especially with my bf's job, but hopefully it will be a big payoff in the long run! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Martini and tonic now and bed soon. Am shattered.

Best of luck with the new application Lola92, hope it works out how you want it to :)

Night all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

went to see The Hunger Games earlier, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, new cinema in Limerick its really nice, huuuuge screen and big ass comfy chairs with loads of legroom, and that new cinema smell :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement