Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hardly no sleep again last night,it was way too warm :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Yeah I was the same. Time to change to my summer duvet I think :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah I was the same. Time to change to my summer duvet I think :)

I'm thinking the same :-D

I'm thinking the same :-D

Get your own :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Emailed college re. my application because I had some questions, they got back to me so fast. Needed to know if there was someone I could talk to about grants and I got an email address. Will email later when I figure out what to say. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

merlie wrote: »
    Omg. Just when I was looking forward to my daughter staying this one night, she just sends me a text saying shes coming over for a couple of hours and is not staying. I feel like although I am grateful for the couple of hours I just miss her a hell of a lot.

This is so tough trying to get used to this, as she is my only one. Since she is staying with her new boyfriend a lot at his family home, I feel like I have lost her in a way. The house is so quiet and lifeless without her. She is such a great young woman and I really admire her for the person she is. I just wish that she would talk with me more and even stay over one night every now and then. But this has not transpired.

She comes over, collects some clothes or her college books and goes. We don't have conversations the way we used too. I am missing out on what is happening in her daily life, but she knows I will always be here for her, no matter what.

I just get upset about this and we used to be so close, go places, have fun, laughs and such. Now we don't anymore and I hardly see her except those moments when she comes down, when she needs something.

Had a cry again this morning after reading her text. I love her a lot and want her to be happy and am glad she is happy but at the same time, I feel like I am in limbo never knowing when or if she will turn up or text me. I just worry about her.

That is tough merlie, I guess my parents probably have felt that way about me leaving home. Maybe ask her if she would like to go for a coffee/cinema/come over for a chinese and a bottle of wine or something. Tell her that you are proud of her and the woman she has become and you want to keep the bond that you have together.
    Eviledna wrote: »
    @Lola, It is ridiculously low, almost unattainable for most people tbh. I guess that's by design. :rolleyes:

If I were you I'd make an appointment to see your community welfare officer right away, in advance of your partner finishing up. I have found them much more compassionate than the usual sw offices and may be able to give you some advice on leverage for negotiations with your landlord. Many landlords won't want to loose good tenants, and will drop rent into the boundaries. Don't loose hope, there are many in your situation and there are contingencies out there to be explored.

Also, for your oh, I'd say to get into a good recruitment agency ASAP, don't wait for the finishing date if possible, be positive and revisit the CV and see how it can be improved upon. It's a good time of year to be job seeking and the in-between time might be shorter than you expect - it sure was for me!;)

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately he is in a sector where frankly he has been very lucky to keep his job this long (construction). His Dad is self employed and said he can't even take him on because he only has enough work to keep himself busy. Oh well... things will work out somehow. I will get in touch with the landlord and CWO as soon as I can, hopefully some good will come of it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Oh Grindelwald, I meant to say congrats on the weight loss! You look fab! I hope your daughter had a nice day for her conformation :)

I hope you get some good news about the college application and grants and stuff Jane. It can be so complicated sometimes!

Get your own :P

But but but..............I want your one :-P

But but but..............I want your one :-P

No! I dont want boy germs on my stuff! :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

merlie wrote: »
    Omg. Just when I was looking forward to my daughter staying this one night, she just sends me a text saying shes coming over for a couple of hours and is not staying. I feel like although I am grateful for the couple of hours I just miss her a hell of a lot.

This is so tough trying to get used to this, as she is my only one. Since she is staying with her new boyfriend a lot at his family home, I feel like I have lost her in a way. The house is so quiet and lifeless without her. She is such a great young woman and I really admire her for the person she is. I just wish that she would talk with me more and even stay over one night every now and then. But this has not transpired.

She comes over, collects some clothes or her college books and goes. We don't have conversations the way we used too. I am missing out on what is happening in her daily life, but she knows I will always be here for her, no matter what.

I just get upset about this and we used to be so close, go places, have fun, laughs and such. Now we don't anymore and I hardly see her except those moments when she comes down, when she needs something.

Had a cry again this morning after reading her text. I love her a lot and want her to be happy and am glad she is happy but at the same time, I feel like I am in limbo never knowing when or if she will turn up or text me. I just worry about her.
    She's growing up, Merlie. You just have to get on with it.

^^ What Kiera said, big time!

I do get that, as she's your only child, it must make it even harder for you that she's not around anymore.

But she has her own life to live - as do you, for that matter! You should take this time to focus on yourself, and maybe take up a few new activities or classes, things that you may not have had the time to do when she was younger. Just stay as busy as possible.

It's sort of coming across that you have unfair expectations of her. She should be able to just pop in for an hour or two of casual conversation, without being expected to stay over or to fill you in on every detail of her life!

It might be an idea to suggest things to do with her outside of the house - e.g. book tickets for the two of you to go for a show or something together, and maybe dinner beforehand, something like that. :)

You just need to give her the time and space to let her get used to her own independence. I know that's what happened with me anyways ... for the first couple of years that I was living away from home, I barely spoke to my parents (we never fell out, it just wouldn't occur to me to ring home, and they rarely rang me either.) Whereas, now, I'd say my mam is sick of me ringing her for random chit-chats. :o I would've felt horribly guilty, though, if I'd ever gotten the impression that my mother felt the way you do now. However it was very different in my case, as I'm from a large family and my mam had plenty of other younger kids to keep her distracted!!

Just try to enjoy the time you have with her, and keep yourself as busy as possible the rest of the time. :) And do bear in mind that, in a couple of months/years, she'll probably have gotten over the initial buzz of the "freedom" of being away from home, and will visit a lot more frequently!

• Advertisement

No! I dont want boy germs on my stuff! :mad::mad::mad:

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Stressed and feel like crying!!!

House hunting to move to Limerick next month, & even though I've been looking at houses since January I've only found 2 that suited (needs to be less than 700 a month, and needs a garden for the doggies). Rang about them today and they are both gone. Was on Daft, found a perfect house the was only put on the website 2 hours ago, rang and it was gone :/ Really getting frustrated now!!! And doesn't help that I got my mothers tendency to stress out way too easily!!! Feels like even though I've been looking for houses for months, and only found 2, how the hell will I find one in the next 5 weeks?!!!

ugh :(

where in Limerick are you looking to move?

Think I may have a way to get to both days of my event in Mullingar. My bf said I can stay in his and his brother could drive me. He's going to ask him today and it should be okay if his brother isn't busy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Back doing driving lessons as my test is just over two weeks away :eek:

Instructor reckons I'm a lot more confident (which is great, because I used to be a nervous wreck on any road, knees would literally be knocking for the entire drive and ten minutes after it!) But I'd slipped into bad habits like never using the handbrake at traffic lights and my judgment is still as ropey as it ever was. Have another lesson on Thurs so hopefully I'll be able to iron out the creases before the big day! :rolleyes:

krudler wrote: »
    where in Limerick are you looking to move?

Trying to fob your old place off on her? :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Well that's a lie. :pac: :pac:

Get back in your pond you! :P

• Administrators Posts: 53,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I was as snug as a bug, for once the duvet wasnt keeping my husbands b*lls warm.......

He has a bad habit of having on leg in and one leg out and the duvet keeps his bits warm :( and my back is frozen....

men:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

There's a very angry wasp in my garden. I've been trying to take in the washing but he's been doing circuits of my socks for the last ten minutes!

• Advertisement

My tummy is rumbling and gurgling. I'm afraid to eat anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

There's a very angry wasp in my garden. I've been trying to take in the washing but he's been doing circuits of my socks for the last ten minutes!

im armed with a tin of wasp spray :D keep on coming threw the open doors, my little guy is terrified of them ever since the middle guy got stung in Majorca 3 years ago.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My tummy is rumbling and gurgling. I'm afraid to eat anything.

It's telling you to eat something :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Can someone ring my boss and tell him that it's criminal to be working on a day like today?
    I wanna go frolick in the sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

EmilyO wrote: »
    I've found the cries of retail thread.

Bye bye, productivity.

EmilyO....i hate you so much right now!

why did you mention R&R??!!! Im suppose to be doing an essay!!

but cries of retail.......bahahahahaha :D

I was as snug as a bug, for once the duvet wasnt keeping my husbands b*lls warm.......

He has a bad habit of having on leg in and one leg out and the duvet keeps his bits warm :( and my back is frozen....

men:rolleyes:

Haha Tmi

Ate a doughnut and had some 7up. Hope I won't need to
    run to the bathroom
    :o

Tried on a gorgeous dress in TK Maxx. It was purple and green with a really nice embellishment sort of thing under the bust and it was too small. If I lose a stone it would fit, so I was told. No more doughnuts for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Really need to concentrate and get working on this literature review for college. It's due Friday, it's our last assignment and it's not even worth that much, but I've managed to get all the other ones finished before the due date, so I want to have this one finished as well. But...I'm getting distracted looking at cars on the internet. I got the call to say they're going to write off my car and give me the market value for it, so it's time to go car shopping :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Sorry about your boyfrined Lola, I hope it all works out- maybe to offer the landlord that you'll paint the entire house/say you hope it'll only be temporary (which I'm sure you do) so he doesn't think it'll be a permanent thing, anything to help him drop the rent.

Found out that now absolutely everywhere I've worked before has closed down/positions have become redundant.
    My CV looks like a CV of death.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

La la la sillyily happy atm!
    had a fab afternoon with mammy at her house for a whil. then i came home and made some healthy food!! trying to get bikini ready!!

gots to pack tonight for heading away!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement