Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Still feeling a bit weak. It's strange because I have eaten and not been to the toilet since this afternoon. I think I should probably go to bed.

Night all. xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Night Jane!
    Hope you feel better tomorrow. xxxx

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    12 pack of Vanilla coke for 12 euro :o yes please!!!! also on the order list... Cherry Coke, Ranch Dressing & Coffee-Mate Hazelnut Creamer :D

I blame boardsies for me wasting my wages on american goodies xD

If they brought Vanilla Coke back here, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to keep that shop open forever..

I lived on the stuff when I lived in Munich a couple of years ago. The coke cafe in Munich's train station must've known what I was going to order by just being in the queue:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Can't sleep again.

fml

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Can't sleep again.

fml
    Sorry to hear that Stench Blossoms. I went through a couple of weeks of really bad insomnia earlier in the year. You don't realise how much you need sleep until you can't do it. I didn't mind the physical tiredness as much as how it messes with your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

krudler wrote: »
    went to see The Hunger Games earlier, enjoyed it more than I thought I would, new cinema in Limerick its really nice, huuuuge screen and big ass comfy chairs with loads of legroom, and that new cinema smell :pac:

I miss the Savoy!! :(
    Can't sleep again.

fml

Same :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

dfx- wrote: »
    If they brought Vanilla Coke back here, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to keep that shop open forever..

They sell it in Candy Land in Galway, €1.50 a pop with €8.50 delivery nationwide. I do make a run for a box of 12 every few weeks when supply is low :D

Been chatting to a friend on Skype from Boards I've gotten to know very well over the past two months, meeting at a beers at the weekend, quite excited :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Had a huge row with himself today about our future. Hate when we fight through text it's so annoying!!
    But we sat down like adults when I got home from work and talked it out. Both got a few things off our chests, I'm proud of us for doing that :)
    I'm still in the dark about a few things but my minds so clearer on where we stand :)
    Total mixture of emotions today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

sarahbro wrote: »
    Had a huge row with himself today about our future. Hate when we fight through text it's so annoying!!
    But we sat down like adults when I got home from work and talked it out. Both got a few things off our chests, I'm proud of us for doing that :)
    I'm still in the dark about a few things but my minds so clearer on where we stand :)

A good fight can clear the air though! Now get off the internet and go have your make up sex!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

This is my 3rd night in a row. I'm gonna be like a zombie tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

sarahbro wrote: »

Hope you're okay. I had something like that not too long ago,and now things are better than they've been in a long time. It was worth the upset at the time :)

Hope you're feeling better today Jane :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

EmilyO wrote: »
    My house mate has reached new levels of stinginess. Yesterday when I came back to the apartment after the weekend, there was no toilet paper left, so I went shopping after class and brought some home.

Meanwhile, my house mate had stolen a massive roll of paper from the college toilets and put it in the bathroom.

I sh*t you not.

I had a housemate whose friend lived up the road. The two of them were stingy feckers, the friend actually used to steal toilet paper from MY house!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Leeg17 wrote: »
    They sell it in Candy Land in Galway, €1.50 a pop with €8.50 delivery nationwide. I do make a run for a box of 12 every few weeks when supply is low :D

Yup, that's where I'm buying it, they have it on offer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Decided just to have some plain boiled rice. I'm so hungry even this is nice! :o

Rice and Bananas are GREAT for dodgy tummy. I had to go to Mali for work, and the doctor that gave me my vaccines advised rice and bananas for that before you take any medicine. Works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

:) Hello ladies!

I managed to get a job in a sister school to my one which is closing down. I didn't even have to look my school did all the work! :)
    Delighted!

The school wants me to go down within the next month but I want to stay as long as my current school needs me. But, I'm excited and scared at the same time!

Went to Hong Kong over the weekend for the Hong Kong 7's rugby tournament. I was so excited about it and it was definitely worth the trip. Got to hang out with my brother and his wife and I got to go sightseeing in fancy dress (dressed as a leprechaun!!) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Seems like no one here had a good night's sleep last night! I went to bed at midnight thinking I'd have a lovely long snooze. Woke up at 2.30am and have been awake since. I'm gonna be a grumpy cailín in work tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Feeling really down today so I'm going to force myself to go out for a run (reeeeeally don't want to but I know it'll make me feel better) and then walk up the town and get myself a new nail vanish or something.
    I'm tired of letting my moods effect me when I get down- it makes me no fun to be around and just wastes lovely sunny days like these.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A good fight can clear the air though! Now get off the internet and go have your make up sex!

Am I alone in not seeing the appeal of make up sex?

It's something people seem to rave about, but I always found that the lingering bitterness after an argument gave it an emptiness.

*shrugs* Maybe I'm strange.

In other news, we're off to Dublin for two nights to stay with some of our married couple friends. Three sets of marrieds in one apartment. Derren Brown on Friday then a day of wandering on Saturday followed by dinner. Yass!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You're not alone. Really good sex when things are going really well is way better, tbh. Hate arguments and tension in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

I had an assessment day and interview yesterday for a PG Dip in Mental Health Nursing...and they offered me a place on the spot!:D:D They told me at the end of my interview that they unconditionally want me on the course and there was no point in keeping me waiting to hear via email! My only concern now is waiting for funding- I applied through a secondment to training scheme (I'm a recovery worker in the NHS now) and I won't find out until last minute if there is a budget this year:(

The interviewers asked me to consider accepting my place even if I don't get salary support, so I've been spending the morning trying to figure out if I could survive on just the bursary and some occasional bank shifts if it came to it. I really want to do it though..

It's strange, I would never have considered it as a career a few years ago but the more I work in a nursing team the more I love it. And I'm actually really good at it:D The senior ward manager keeps saying that if I just did the PG Dip I'd have his job within 3 years post-qual. Even though it was sort of my Plan B its actually ticking more boxes than my Plan A at the minute, which is ironic since I also just found out I have an interview for my Plan A course in May...not a chance of actually getting accepted at the stage I'm at but if I did I think I'd be way more conflicted than I would have originally thought! It says a lot about my current mental state that I'd rather not have options sometimes than have to make a decision...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I dont think i've ever had makeup sex. I cant just switch on my hornyness after a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It's something people seem to rave about, but I always found that the lingering bitterness after an argument gave it an emptiness.

*shrugs* Maybe I'm strange.

In other news, we're off to Dublin for two nights to stay with some of our married couple friends. Three sets of marrieds in one apartment. Derren Brown on Friday then a day of wandering on Saturday followed by dinner. Yass!

thats what makes it so great, when you're still slightly mad at each other and a good *ahem* going is a way to work out the tension :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

thats what makes it so great, when you're still slightly mad at each other and a good *ahem* going is a way to work out the tension :pac:

Meh, i'd rather clean the house with my tension.

http://jezebel.com/5896408/racist-hunger-games-fans-dont-care-how-much-money-the-movie-made

fcuking hell people are **** on the internet, a Hunger Games character *spoilers in the article* who dies now doesnt seem so sad as people reading the book didnt imagine her as black, whereas she is in the movie, christ on a bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

bubblefett wrote: »
    Feeling really down today so I'm going to force myself to go out for a run (reeeeeally don't want to but I know it'll make me feel better) and then walk up the town and get myself a new nail vanish or something.
    I'm tired of letting my moods effect me when I get down- it makes me no fun to be around and just wastes lovely sunny days like these.

Hope you feel better soon Bubble, sometimes a blast of exercise really is the best thing to change a mood. Bf brought his weights in from home the other day so I'm about to tackle them now, eek! :D

Nah. If there's going to be any punishing done, I'd prefer it when both parties actually like each another. It just feels (and probably is) destructive otherwise. Conflict resolution sex doesn't work for me, cranky pregnant sex on the other hand, is an entirely different matter.

Nah. If there's going to be any punishing done, I'd prefer it when both parties actually like one another. It just feels (and probably is) destructive otherwise. Conflict resolution sex doesn't work for me, cranky pregnant sex on the other hand, it an entirely different matter.

Oh i dont mean sex to resolve an argument, just the first time you have sex after yoi've solved whatever it was that was bugging you, thats what I'd class as makeup sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I'm usually too teary and snotty after a fight to have make up sex :/

• Administrators Posts: 53,379 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Oh i dont mean sex to resolve an argument, just the first time you have sex after yoi've solved whatever it was that was bugging you, thats what I'd class as makeup sex

Ah yeah, but there's always a little bit left over, niggling away for a few hours while you get used to not being mad at the other person again. If you wait til you're completely over it, I don't think it can be classed as make up sex.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement