Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    You ok? What's wrong? x
    what happened?

I'm fine now. Just parents bugging me and my eyes hurt from crying. I'm even more shocked by the fact that my dad just hugged me and I don't think it's ever happened before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Orla K wrote: »
    I can't stand that guy, he's just really annoying and I can't figure out what is up with his voice. The first video of his I saw was one where he was explaining why squatting is bad and the leg press is much better, I was trying to figure out was it a pisstake or not.

hahaha ah he's harmless :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    steroids have shrunk his balls to the size of apple seeds?

Hahahaha he's all natural apparently,no supplements no nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

If you use the referencing on Microsoft Word as you do your essay, it really helps make it much easier. References tab at the top of the page - has options for footnotes and APA referencing, so you put it in as you go along; everytime you want to insert a reference, you click onto it and it will put it in correctly, and then when you finish the essay, a click of a button and your ending bibliography is done.

I've used it for APA referencing and it was great - very easy to use.

Thanks. :) My main issue was poor preparation on my part. All sorted now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

hahaha ah he's harmless :-P

Maybe but it feels like my skin crawls when I hear him, I really can't stand him. Don't know what's up with the shirt off and the hats:confused: another reason not to like him. I can't watch or listen to any of his videos.

• Advertisement

Orla K wrote: »
    Maybe but it feels like my skin crawls when I hear him, I really can't stand him. Don't know what's up with the shirt off and the hats:confused: another reason not to like him. I can't watch or listen to any of his videos.

haha fair enough,I liked that video you posted the other day of your man dominic was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

krudler wrote: »
    "what are ya wearing?"
    "....spiderman pyjamas"

I might need practice...

I'd totes be down with that... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

Just back from Book Club where we all HATED the book. Unusual for everyone to agree on a book. Four years on the go and the first time that has happened. Was worth it for the cake/wine/crisps/cheese/grapes etc. Oh, and the gossip once we sorted out the book. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Maple wrote: »
    Herbstreet is also delicious for brunch/food in general but it may be a tad out of the way for you? http://www.herbstreet.ie/

I have been there before, it's actually very close to where friends of ours live so that might be perfect as we are going to meet them for brunch anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

sillymoo wrote: »
    Oooh could you link to the recipe please! :)

It's all in me head, loads of recipes online but I didn't find one as simple as this one:

150g Chorizo diced
    1 onion diced
    1 clove garlic chopped
    250g split red lentils
    1.5 l chicken stock
    Sunflower oil

Saute chorizo, onion and garlic in sunflower oil until golden.
    Add lentils and cook for 3 mins.
    Add 3/4 of the stock and simmer for 20 mins stirring occasionally
    Add remaining stock and simmer for around 20 mins more

Thassit, enjoy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

haha fair enough,I liked that video you posted the other day of your man dominic was it?

Yep Dominic also known as Transform

There's a thread somewhere around the health and fitness about making your own protein bars too.

Hope you're okay.

I had a thoroughly unpleasant day, if that makes you feel any less alone. :(

Just editing here: I do realise that it almost certainly doesn't and this is a poor attempt at a cheer up, but I'm really trying! :o

I'm okay now thanks.. I was just a bit over-emotional and tired at the same time. :o

Oh yeah, bluewolf, was it you that posted the link to that cookie recipe a week or so ago? I have a question.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Today everyone was saying that some fourth year guy in my course smacked down (verbally...) a guy in my year. I didn't think much of it.

Until tonight at dinner when one of my fantabulous fourth year friends told me it was him who had told the guy off, and the reason was because he was slagging me off. Now I don't know this guy in my year, only to see really. I'd know his name and he'd know mine, like, but we've never spoken or anything. Yet he felt perfectly entitled to tell a large group of people in a very public place that I was a "stupid retarded bitch", "an illiterate knacker from the slums" and "unconstitutionally ugly." He also made a number of comments about how I obviously think I'm "someone" and need a cold dose of reality. Príck.

I would be angry but, eh, I think it says a LOT more about him than it does about me tbh. I do find it odd that I'm on his radar to such an extent, but how and ever. So much love for my friend for standing up for me; I wasn't paying much attention to what people were saying about the smackdown but apparently it was juicy as hell. I <3 those guys.

And dinner was fun. :) The chats/banter/craic/laughs were had. I'm going to miss them so much next year though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have way too much to do and people KEEP adding shít for me to do.

I don't have time. I really don't. Next person is getting yelled at to fúck off. :mad::mad:

I now have to shut off my computer and restart it to run some piece of crap software for someone else's crap even though I'd midway through an assignment. For fúck sake, I'm too ill for this shíte. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have way too much to do and people KEEP adding shít for me to do.

I don't have time. I really don't. Next person is getting yelled at to fúck off. :mad::mad:

I now have to shut off my computer and restart it to run some piece of crap software for someone else's crap even though I'd midway through an assignment. For fúck sake, I'm too ill for this shíte. :(

:( Hope you manage to get through it ok. Check your other modes of communicating with me - have provided a potentially more useful response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Does anyone else remember when you'd go job hunting and there'd actually be a choice of jobs to apply to? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I spent 4 hours driving in circles trying to find new job. I hate driving, I hate the m50, and I hate drivinggggg! Agh!
    Just in the door, up at 6, had a small cry so put on tacky xmas pyjamas and now I'm grinning like a loon. Exhaustion is a strange thing, when I pulled into the driveway there was a fox in my porch and I thought "That's odd, I don't own a fox"...
    I need sleep!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's been one of those weeks and now it's going to be one of those days. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's been one of those weeks and now it's going to be one of those days. :(

Jesus. That didn't take long. 3rd front wheel flat in as many attempts to commute by bike. I give up. Someone come and check my tyre/wheel it's making me too angry to do properly myself. :(

Must take bike out for an hour or so next time before trying to commute to work/college and getting stranded. Missing classes now. :(

Can someone rewind to Monday please, I won't get out of bed this time.

RQ is :(:mad::(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Today everyone was saying that some fourth year guy in my course smacked down (verbally...) a guy in my year. I didn't think much of it.

Until tonight at dinner when one of my fantabulous fourth year friends told me it was him who had told the guy off, and the reason was because he was slagging me off. Now I don't know this guy in my year, only to see really. I'd know his name and he'd know mine, like, but we've never spoken or anything. Yet he felt perfectly entitled to tell a large group of people in a very public place that I was a "stupid retarded bitch", "an illiterate knacker from the slums" and "unconstitutionally ugly." He also made a number of comments about how I obviously think I'm "someone" and need a cold dose of reality. Príck.

I would be angry but, eh, I think it says a LOT more about him than it does about me tbh. I do find it odd that I'm on his radar to such an extent, but how and ever. So much love for my friend for standing up for me; I wasn't paying much attention to what people were saying about the smackdown but apparently it was juicy as hell. I <3 those guys.

And dinner was fun. :) The chats/banter/craic/laughs were had. I'm going to miss them so much next year though :(

What a cock!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, bluewolf, was it you that posted the link to that cookie recipe a week or so ago? I have a question.. :o
    yep?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I just had a little cry. At work. By my desk.
    I hate it when my head decides to pick on me. At least I'm feeling a little bit better now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LostGirly

So even after the long weekend of drinking, eating and generally acting the maggot when it comes to dieting...I am still 3.5 pounds down after 1 week in Slimming World! Happy Days! Need to get really going on it though, exercise time next week! Now that the evenings are getting longer I might actually get home before dark :) Whoop!

Have interview tomorrow, all going well I'll get it, be working closer to home and...maybe just maybe...be able to move out of home! Tiny writing needed so as to not jinx myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I saw 2 dead cats already this morning :(

Conformation tomorrow and I have about 5 gazillion things to do :(

In college until 6 tonight so no time to do aforementioned gazillion things :(

Behind on assignments due in next week :(

Library Books overdue and I never got a warning email :(

I hate being a broke student :(

Not seeing my bf this weekend :(

yeah.....:(

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

Was offered a position overseas! :D
    Now I just have to sort out the €3000 I'll need to help me settle in. Plus visas, insurance, etc. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have a slow puncture in there. You tried replacing the tube?

I read that as "lube".

What is wrong with my brain these days??? :o

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement