Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

awec wrote: »
    And they say it's men who think about it constantly? :rolleyes: :pac:

That's bull :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Lola92 wrote: »
    I saw 2 dead cats already this morning :(

:(

I hate seeing road kill :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Conformation tomorrow and I have about 5 gazillion things to do :(

:(

My daughters conformation is on Saturday, restaurant booked, she has had her hair done (cut, blond highlights,and pink underneath at the back), legs shaved, eyebrows waxed, she has a nice new dress and pink shoes (they were for a wedding in august but she wants to wear them to the restaurant).

As for me, im throwing on a dress from 5 years ago (it fits me again) ive only worn it twice. hair is just going to be straightened, its the longest ive had it in about 9 years and its natural as i havent dyed it in 2 years.

Taking my daughter and her friend to the hunger games tomorrow night and the friend is staying for the conformation (she is church of england).

Conformation is on at 11 and boys finish soccer at 10.30 have to bring my lady in to the hair dressers at 9,30 so they can do a pin up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Hope ye have a great day at the confirmation Grindelwald! Your daughter looks fab :)

I want pink hair :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I just checked my college e-mail and got an e-mail from the recruiting department of a pretty huge/amazing company asking if I was interested in joining their graduate program :eek: but I don't graduate for another year? :(

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,504 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Vinta81 wrote: »
    I just checked my college e-mail and got an e-mail from the recruiting department of a pretty huge/amazing company asking if I was interested in joining their graduate program :eek: but I don't graduate for another year? :(

these things are sorted out well in advance
    email them back and say yes and explain when you graduate and do they want you to work for them during the summer

I'm studying BIS. See the thing is I'm already starting my 6 months work placement in 2 weeks time so the summer is out for me. All that said the role they are offering is a little too technical for me, I just checked my LinkedIn page and some of the programs they have in the spec don't match me, quite baffled.

Just need to think how to phrase the e-mail.

• Advertisement

BIS = Business and Information Systems is it?

You starting your placement with the same place?

Yup.

And no a completely different company, unfortunately reading the spec it doesn't sound like a role I'd like. I think I might just show it too my head lecturer tomorrow in college when I see him.

Is the company that mailed you big and famous? (I'm just being curious).

Speaking to your lecturer is wise! Or a careers advisor if your college has one of those! :)

Certainly in my field but if my Dad has heard of them they are :pac: Also, as far as I know they are a Fortune 500 company.

Think it's best to wait to speak to my lecturer tomorrow he's in charge of all the placements for 3rd year so would know all the contacts, if there was another program (not as technical) I'd certainly apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Today everyone was saying that some fourth year guy in my course smacked down (verbally...) a guy in my year. I didn't think much of it.

Until tonight at dinner when one of my fantabulous fourth year friends told me it was him who had told the guy off, and the reason was because he was slagging me off. Now I don't know this guy in my year, only to see really. I'd know his name and he'd know mine, like, but we've never spoken or anything. Yet he felt perfectly entitled to tell a large group of people in a very public place that I was a "stupid retarded bitch", "an illiterate knacker from the slums" and "unconstitutionally ugly." He also made a number of comments about how I obviously think I'm "someone" and need a cold dose of reality. Príck.

I would be angry but, eh, I think it says a LOT more about him than it does about me tbh. I do find it odd that I'm on his radar to such an extent, but how and ever. So much love for my friend for standing up for me; I wasn't paying much attention to what people were saying about the smackdown but apparently it was juicy as hell. I <3 those guys.

And dinner was fun. :) The chats/banter/craic/laughs were had. I'm going to miss them so much next year though :(
    He sounds like an absolute asshole tbh.

You are right when you say it says more about him than you.
    LostGirly wrote: »
    Have interview tomorrow, all going well I'll get it, be working closer to home and...maybe just maybe...be able to move out of home! Tiny writing needed so as to not jinx myself!
    Good luck with the interview, hope it goes well for you. :)

In college until 6 tonight so no time to do aforementioned gazillion things :(

Behind on assignments due in next week :(

Library Books overdue and I never got a warning email :(

I hate being a broke student :(

Not seeing my bf this weekend :(

yeah.....:(
    Hope you feel better soon Lola. *hugs*
    Was offered a position overseas! :D
    Now I just have to sort out the €3000 I'll need to help me settle in. Plus visas, insurance, etc. :confused:
    Congrats and good luck, hope it goes well for you.

Shower now and then lunch, dunno what to have for lunch though :confused:

Are you looking a role in IT that is more business and management orientated than the technical stuff?

Yes, I'm pretty fond of E-Business, Social Media and Web Development and hopefully next year my modules will cater to that a bit. I've lost a bit of interest in the programming side of my course although my work placement I'll be doing quite a bit of software testing and implementation but I see it as a learning experience and hopefully hone my skills a bit more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shower now and then lunch, dunno what to have for lunch though :confused:

I have no doubt in my mind it'll something tasty and you'll post it here and and I'll be drooling as always :-P

Ever feel like there's not enough of you to go around everyone? I'm having one of those weeks. I just wanna turn off my phone and let everyone deal with their own problems without getting my ok/advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Kiera wrote: »
    Ever feel like there's not enough of you to go around everyone? I'm having one of those weeks. I just wanna turn off my phone and let everyone deal with their own problems without getting my ok/advice.

I hate feeling like that.. Everything just seem to pop up on the same day/ week, it's exhausting, I feel your pain!!!

And I'm having one of those days where I've so much to do and I'm sitting on the couch on boards... Have to pack my bags home to go see the family in from Chicago, which involves putting on a wash and then drying to get them dry (While I was in hospital over the weekend, washing was the last thing on the OHs mind... How much CoD he could play while I was gone was more important than clean clothes :/ ) Have to shower and try and tidy the house, go to Dunnes and Specsavers, and all before 3pm :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bluewolf wrote: »
    yep?

Mine are turning out very flat and I'm using the right amounts of everything, I'm really careful.. Do yours turn out the same or do you think I could be doing something wrong? I've tried it 3 times and they're the same each time.. :rolleyes:

In college until 6 tonight so no time to do aforementioned gazillion things :(

Behind on assignments due in next week :(

Library Books overdue and I never got a warning email :(

I hate being a broke student :(

Not seeing my bf this weekend :(

yeah.....:(

Jeepers Lola you're having a heck of a week! Hope you're okay. xx
    Was offered a position overseas! :D
    Now I just have to sort out the €3000 I'll need to help me settle in. Plus visas, insurance, etc. :confused:

Oh well done! :D
    EmilyO wrote: »
    Hope ye have a great day at the confirmation Grindelwald! Your daughter looks fab :)

I want pink hair :pac:

I agree, she looks great! I also want pink hair.. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Got my hair redone because I wan't happy with it the last time and it's looking better. Not as triangular :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Jesus H, I very nearly submitted my History essay without the bibiliography :eek: Thank fook Moodle was down, otherwise it'd be gone and all... gah!

Are you Dear Deidre?

Bloody feels like it with my family!

I’m the baby. I want to be treated like the baby and not the poxy head of the family.

Macaulay Culkin had the right idea when he divorced his parents :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have no doubt in my mind it'll something tasty and you'll post it here and and I'll be drooling as always :-P
    :D:D:D

I'm thinking maybe Mushroom soup or Chicken cuppa soup, prob Mushroom soup. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

bills :(

oh and the stye on my eye. Balls.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

they're cookies, what else would they be but flat :confused:

i don't really understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Maybe she means they're too thin? Jane maybe the blobs of dough are too small, try bigger ones next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

bluewolf wrote: »
    they're cookies, what else would they be but flat :confused:

i don't really understand

But they're like really flat.. They don't seem to be rising even a little bit. Maybe I need a different recipes. They're just not what I thought they should be but that could be my fault.

Edit: Yeah that's what I mean Dolorous. Recipe says a quarter of a cup per cookie and that's what I used. I'll try bigger next time and see what happens. They're turning out not even a centimetre thick. In my head cookies should be kinda big. I could be just being picky though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement