Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

The phone sex ladies are back on channel 4 now yay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is a great first date vid (NSFW language)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

awec wrote: »
    I think some people like it because there is limited opportunity for it to go wrong.

But there's also limited opportunity for it to go right!

That's it I reckon, "safe" in that nothing drastic can go wrong, ye can't find out if ye are completely incompatible etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I think one of the best blind dates I ever went on we met at the zoo. It is a public place so you feel safe and it has lots of built in conversation starters.

He ended up being totally not my type but I thought the location to meet was very clever.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    That's it I reckon, "safe" in that nothing drastic can go wrong, ye can't find out if ye are completely incompatible etc.

unless she talks all the way through the film and picks a really sh1tty film to watch :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What's wrong with it? My boyfriend works in I.T, he's here beside me now so if you PM me the problems your having with it, I'll show it to him if you want.
    Oh, I don't know! I picked it up, it made a horrible rattling noise, like someone emptied a load of nails into it and it went off. It's okay now because I have it really still while I memory stick the important stuff- I'll turn it upside down in a bit and investigate. :eek:

I'm generally so careful with it, but I do sometimes set it down with a bump. Fingers crossed it's not something major! :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

krudler wrote: »
    unless she talks all the way through the film and picks a really sh1tty film to watch :pac:
    Too true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I know I said that other peoples children were the best form of birth control but that show "One Born Every Minute" Christttttttt puts me right off. Squeezing my legs shut till the rapture.

• Advertisement

Daisies wrote: »
    Too true.

these things matter, compatibilty with humour, taste in the same stuff etc etc. you dont have to find a carbon copy of yourself with opposite lady/man parts but similar tastes in things definitely helps a relationship in a big way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Posy wrote: »
    Oh, I don't know! I picked it up, it made a horrible rattling noise, like someone emptied a load of nails into it and it went off. It's okay now because I have it really still while I memory stick the important stuff- I'll turn it upside down in a bit and investigate. :eek:

I'm generally so careful with it, but I do sometimes set it down with a bump. Fingers crossed it's not something major! :o
    Is there anything else wrong/odd about it?

Can you PM me all the problems etc you've had/are having with it and I'll show it to my bf and see what he says. It's hard to say what is or could be wrong without more info.

Does it sound like the fan is making a louder or stranger noise than it usually does?

awec wrote: »
    In which case there'd definitely be no date #2! Talking through a movie? Nuh uh!

:P

if its something you're watching at home and you've either seen it or you're just watching something as background noise then yeah, yack away, but seeing something in the cinema? shhhh! no I dont know what that guy is upto yet as I'm watching this for the first time as well, I have the exact same information about the character you do so far.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm gonna attempt to make these at some stage : )

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Acoshla wrote: »
    Thanks Kiera.

Also if anyone can recommend somewhere for good tapas on Saturday afternoon/early evening that would be awesome too :)

Odessa for brunch.

The Port House on South William Street for tapas. Or Pinxtos, sister restaurant in Temple Bar.

Also Havana on George Street is lovely for tapas too.

Is it tapas or Tapas? Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Kiera wrote: »
    The phone sex ladies are back on channel 4 now yay :)

I just got creeped out and had to turn it off! And it takes a LOT to bother me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

You guys are great, saving us from bad food, thank you! I am DYING for a nice Sunday brunch, used to go for it all the time in Toronto but never get to do it here, nowhere does anything buy Sunday Roasts around here, which are good but sometimes I want brunch!! :)

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    I just got creeped out and had to turn it off! And it takes a LOT to bother me.

I'd so do that if there was a market for men doing it.

is there? extra monies ftw

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Acoshla wrote: »
    You guys are great, saving us from bad food, thank you! I am DYING for a nice Sunday brunch, used to go for it all the time in Toronto but never get to do it here, nowhere does anything buy Sunday Roasts around here, which are good but sometimes I want brunch!! :)

Herbstreet is also delicious for brunch/food in general but it may be a tad out of the way for you? http://www.herbstreet.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Posy wrote: »

Hi posy, I work in IT and am into hardware as a hobby. From your description, it could be two things, either a cooling fan failing or the hard drive failing. The fact that it shut off and then rebooted could indicate an overheat which would go with the fan failure. If it is a fan, it's not an expensive fix.

If it is the hardrive failing, try not to run to many hard-drive intensive programs, for example don't run an antivirus scan unless you have to, and back up everything immediately. If you can, you could download and install CPUid's hardware monitor which is free and will show you the temperatures of your processor (CPU) and other internal devices. Then you can check if it's overheating by googling your processors safe temparature operating range. You can figure out what processor you have by right clicking(if your using windows) on your hard drive (probably c:\) in "my computer" and clicking on properties. Your hardware spec will be listed there and you can google away.

If your computer continues to reboot, backup what you can, and stay calm, it's possible to take a failing hardrive out of a computer and replace it with another for a relatively low cost. Your data is where your true value is, so backup as long as you can, don't forget your bookmarks in your browser, your photos, and important documents. Best of luck!;)

krudler wrote: »
    I'd so do that if there was a market for men doing it.

is there? extra monies ftw

Oh I'd definitely do it. The bit that creeped me out was that she was pure nervous and crap at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I had a horrible night.

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    I had a horrible night.

You ok? What's wrong? x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had a horrible night.

what happened?

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Oh I'd definitely do it. The bit that creeped me out was that she was pure nervous and crap at it!

"what are ya wearing?"
    "....spiderman pyjamas"

I might need practice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I'm gonna attempt to make these at some stage : )

I can't stand that guy, he's just really annoying and I can't figure out what is up with his voice. The first video of his I saw was one where he was explaining why squatting is bad and the leg press is much better, I was trying to figure out was it a pisstake or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I had a horrible night.
    Hope you're okay.

I had a thoroughly unpleasant day, if that makes you feel any less alone. :(

Just editing here: I do realise that it almost certainly doesn't and this is a poor attempt at a cheer up, but I'm really trying! :o

• Advertisement

Orla K wrote: »
    I can't stand that guy, he's just really annoying and I can't figure out what is up with his voice. The first video of his I saw was one where he was explaining why squatting is bad and the leg press is much better, I was trying to figure out was it a pisstake or not.

steroids have shrunk his balls to the size of apple seeds?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement