Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Making choc chip rusks with my nephew. Silly me used self raising flour so they look like rusks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I'm in that lovely euphoric state of being absolutely exhausted yet completely satisfied and delighted with myself, IT'S ABOUT TIME! For tonight I am going to forget I have a load more work tomorrow and pat myself on the back for doing 3 very heavy/unsteady/delicate deliveries during rush hour in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

^^ I want a rusk... :p

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    ^^ I want a rusk... :p
    Excuse me but these are choc chip rusks :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    I want a choc chip rusk!
    2 on the way to you :)

And 2 for you, Jane :)

Kiera wrote: »
    2 on the way to you :)

And 2 for you, Jane :)

Yay!!! :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,398 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Took my Mom out to the salon to get her nails done for Mother's Day. She got gel French tips whilst I got my lip and eyebrows waxed.
    Then it was off to the GBK to try falafels. They taste odd...
    Anyways, got some Guinness Chocolate Cake in the fridge so I'm off to carve up a slice! Toodles!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Think I might just make my mum a cake or tart for mothers day. I usually get her face creams and expensive gift sets so she's probably tired of them at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

I bought a tin of dried kaffir lime leaves yesterday, can't stop smelling them and can't wait to cook something with them, no idea what yet but they smell good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I think I may have just done myself a Tetris injury. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I know there is someone on here who's friends with my girlfriend in real life, but I don't know their username. If they happen to read this, could you PM me? I would really appreciate it, I would like to talk about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I think I may have just done myself a Tetris injury. :o

that like stepping on a lego brick?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

What a random and extremely busy week!!

Started last weekend in Mayo at Congress, then Tuesday had a nutrition exam, which to be fair, went better than I expected given the amount of study that I had put in. Got an email last week that I qualified for the national finals of a student competition, and had that Wednesday in UCD, so came home Tuesday after that exam to sleep. Up at 4.45am, didn't get to bed till 10.30 that night because of heading up on the train. I had only done the competition on a whim and forgotten about it - so it was great to qualify for the final!

Anyway, had a fantastic day in Dublin, 6 very interesting challenges overall. Checked the twitter page of the competition organisers this evening, and found a link to the report of the day, turns out that my picture is the one with the story :D:D:D Well kinda of anyway :P :D:D

Trying to get my hands on a copy of yesterday's Irish Times to see if it is the same as the online version! Can't believe it :D Wrecked after the whole day, then end up going to a meeting last night in Limerick, home at 12.45am. Organizing a surprise for our local St Patricks day parade tomorrow, which is class, and the team that I coach qualified for the county semi finals, other team didn't and they were gutted :(

Absolute mountain of work to catch up on, but after the week I've had, feel like sleeping and relaxing this evening! And next week is looking like it will be as busy!

Invader Zim is on the US netflix, happydance :D

krudler wrote: »
    that like stepping on a lego brick?

It's a bit more like tensing up as you reach the faster levels and getting sore arms. :o:o:o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Watching new Community. :)

On call this weekend so no drinkies for me. Hope to fupp the systems stay up so I don't have to go in!

LOL - "Inspector Spacetime ended up marrying himself as a baby"

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Acoshla wrote: »
    I'm in that lovely euphoric state of being absolutely exhausted yet completely satisfied and delighted with myself, IT'S ABOUT TIME! For tonight I am going to forget I have a load more work tomorrow and pat myself on the back for doing 3 very heavy/unsteady/delicate deliveries during rush hour in the city.

And rush hour it bloody was, ALL DAY!

We were stuck on College Rd for about 10 minutes. :mad:

Mars Bar wrote: »

I probably thought of it before but why is it rushhour? It's not as if people are moving very fast in it:confused:

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Watching new Community. :)

On call this weekend so no drinkies for me. Hope to fupp the systems stay up so I don't have to go in!

LOL - "Inspector Spacetime ended up marrying himself as a baby"

I love Community! :D

I may have even made a bit of a happy squawking noise upon discovering the new one. :cool:

Mars Bar wrote: »

10 minutes? Pah! I was on Lough Atalia Road for 15, before I decided straight through the city was worth a try, took me 30 minutes to get from Lough Atalia Road to the Claddagh, thank God I don't have to do that all the time anymore, definitely don't miss the city traffic!
    Orla K wrote: »
    I probably thought of it before but why is it rushhour? It's not as if people are moving very fast in it:confused:

Because it's when the biggest rush of people are on the move? So it's "rush" in that everybody is moving, not necessarily quickly!

Because I want to relax this evening I have a stinker of a headache now, lovely.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Because it's when the biggest rush of people are on the move? So it's "rush" in that everybody is moving, not necessarily quickly!

Yeah I get that but it still seems like the wrong word, think I'm just too relaxed in traffic, also watching Emma so I'm kinda wondering where the word came from/how old it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Political work bullcrap just annoys me to no end and I do not have the patience to try and stoke egos to resolve it :mad:

Yeah I get that but it still seems like the wrong word, think I'm just too relaxed in traffic, also watching Emma so I'm kinda wondering where the word came from/how old it is.

Yeah I dunno, I guess that's the idea of it though. I'm relaxed in traffic when I'm not in a hurry anywhere and just happen to get stuck in it, but when I'm in rush nothing annoys me more than sitting practically still hurting my foot on the clutch! My friend just got an automatic car, I'm so jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Rant: I was getting the bus home from the town my boyfriend lives in, and these two middle-aged women had this stupid row with the driver that held us up for about 15 minutes. There was some problem with one of the women's tickets, and she got sooo unnecessarily aggressive with the driver, within seconds. There's no feckin' need for it, he was only doing his job, yet her attitude was appalling. People make me do this :mad:
    /Rant

Working all weekend now. Sigh.

I miss my bf. He was going to come see me tomorrow but I'm babysitting tomorrow night so we'd hardly have any time together. I'm still tempted to tell him to hop on the bus.

'Kitten' just sniffed my wine and suddenly turned and tore off down the hall and started meowing. No matter what she does she's adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭aristocat

'Kitten' just sniffed my wine and suddenly turned and tore off down the hall and started meowing. No matter what she does she's adorable.

My cat has had a very busy day. She lost her collar; came in with a cut nose (obviously in a fight!); tried to bring a live mouse into the house and had a major tantrum when refused entry and finally, chased a gorgeous kitten belonging to a neighbour up a tree. She sat at the base growling at it. Wouldn't let me pick her up and bring her in. She is currently 'freezing' me out in disgust.:(

• Advertisement

had forgotten how funny Invader Zim is, one of the best animated shows ever

*clip contains cupcake jokes*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement