Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

He's so needlessly horrible to me sometimes, I was saying something a few weeks ago about researching law firms in the UK and he gave me a disgusted look. Later that day he started ranting about how people who want to become solicitors are inherently inferior to people like him who know they want to be barristers, because he'll be a professional and everyone else will be "doing a trade." :rolleyes: He's very lucky I didn't snap his head off yesterday to be honest, my patience with him is going to run out soon!

On the plus side, next week is going to be awesome and I'll be spending time with the people who make me happy. :D

What a class A tosser!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was very upset yesterday because one of my friends belittled my essay result and implied that I only got it because the lecturer felt sorry for me*. He also accused me of flinging it in his face, even though he called me and asked me outright what I got (not even "were you happy with your result?" or something kind of neutral.

..Probably sounds like a silly thing to be upset about but I was EXHAUSTED yesterday and really didn't need to hear that kind of thing. It was so nasty and completely needless.

I'm sorry, but he doesn't in any way sound like the definition of a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

He's so needlessly horrible to me sometimes, I was saying something a few weeks ago about researching law firms in the UK and he gave me a disgusted look. Later that day he started ranting about how people who want to become solicitors are inherently inferior to people like him who know they want to be barristers, because he'll be a professional and everyone else will be "doing a trade." :rolleyes: He's very lucky I didn't snap his head off yesterday to be honest, my patience with him is going to run out soon!

On the plus side, next week is going to be awesome and I'll be spending time with the people who make me happy. :D

Avoid him, the less time you spend with someone like that the better.

Don't think it's jealously, just a need to feel superior to other people and the best way most people like that can only feel superior when they try to make others feel inferior.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My brother just switched over to the Bolton v Spurs game and apparently efforts are being made to revive one of the Bolton players after he collapsed on the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Oh how I LOLed at that, what an absolute fool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

A day of standing in the rain, green eyeliner shamrocks, yummy homemade food, great music and horse playing and dancing around with the kids. I love my life :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

The rugby is depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

kate.m wrote: »

That's why I'm watching The Big Bang Theory;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

kate.m wrote: »

Now the Spurs v Bolton match is.

Really hope Muamba is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My brother just switched over to the Bolton v Spurs game and apparently efforts are being made to revive one of the Bolton players after he collapsed on the pitch.

Oh my god.......That's awful:eek:
    It's Fabrice Muamba

• Advertisement

I really hope he'll be okay. He's on his way to hospital now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh my god.......That's awful:eek:
    It's Chris Muamba

Not looking good, is it? It was cruel keeping Kevin Keegan talking that long when he was clearly in bits. :(

Bit shook here if I'm honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

God that's awful about that player.

Boyfriend just put nachos in the oven, had rugby on tv, opened a beer...and his beeper went off! Ha, God love him, hope he's back soon, there was much swearing as he went out the door :p

You're right Das Kitty, it's really not looking good at all. She's still talking to Kevin Keegan at the moment. They should really let him go, he's clearly very upset.

Awh your poor bf Acoshla. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

You're right Das Kitty, it's really not looking good at all. She's still talking to Kevin Keegan at the moment. They should really let him go, he's clearly very upset.

Awh your poor bf Acoshla. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

I thought that said "poor Acoshla", I was going to say no poor me, I'm still here with beer and nachos :pac::p

Acoshla wrote: »
    I thought that said "poor Acoshla", I was going to say no poor me, I'm still here with beer and nachos :pac::p

Ooh sounds yummy! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope to god Fabrice Muamba will be ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Almost finished dinner, now, washing up soon. :(

Not too happy with how my meat turned out, would have liked it cooked a bit more than it is, why is it, I can never get everything to turn out just right, even just once?! :mad:

Haagan Dazs Belgian Chocolate with fresh strawberries soon, better be nice.

Hope to god Fabrice Muamba will be ok :(
    Me too. How scary for anyone who was watching. Hope he pulls through. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Posy wrote: »
    Me too. How scary for anyone who was watching. Hope he pulls through. :(

only 23 as well

• Advertisement

only 23 as well

Same age as me. That's so scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭coillcam

Not too happy with how my meat turned out, would have liked it cooked a bit more than it is, why is it, I can never get everything to turn out just right, even just once?! :mad:

I actually ate this and I will say you cooked it perfectly. You have a psychological issue where it must be cindered and saturated in salt/pepper to consider it cooked properly :pac:. You need to try it rare and only with no salt/pepper added after it is cooked imo. Same applies to the steak last night actually. Twas only fab.

Rare = awesome, medium = good, well done = fail.

The meat was perfectly cooked medium and the garlic potatoes were delicious btw. Tbh I would happily have paid good money to eat it in a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

It really does put Ireland's loss in perspective. Could have been a lot worse :( Must have been horrendous to watch that live.

I'm bored on my own, I wonder what will happen if I decorate a cake whilst drinking lots of beer...

Oh no, my bf just text me and said he saw our parade on tv and I looked good.. oh I hope I wasn't on it! :eek:

Oh no, my bf just text me and said he saw our parade on tv and I looked good.. oh I hope I wasn't on it! :eek:
    All the parades were on the Six One news- they must have got ya! :D

Posy wrote: »
    All the parades were on the Six One news- they must have got ya! :D

I was only at the side of the street watching.. ah feck.. I don't look good today! :eek:

Edit: I think he was messing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I was only at the side of the street watching.. ah feck.. I don't look good today! :eek:

apparently you looked better than you thought:P :D

musical.x wrote: »
    apparently you looked better than you thought:P :D

I'm still not sure if I was on it lol. :rolleyes: I have to watch at 9, RTE player doesn't want to load for me.

• Advertisement

In regards to Acoshla and Racoon Queen's jobs discussion, add me to the 'I wish I didn't work with the public' brigade. :p

I've never been a career driven type. I just want a job where I have my tasks to perform, get left alone to do them, don't deal with too many people and go home. Preferably a nine to five job that pays enough to cover the bills and leaves a few bob to live off.
    My dream is to one day have my own cubicle. :o

It's like those cheesy Vietnam war movies- if you've never worked with the public/in retail, you just don't know man! :eek: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement