Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

awec wrote: »
    What about the Gold Cup itself?

Leave it with me.

• Administrators Posts: 53,376 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    What's the dress like?!

It's the multiway dress :) I wore it the last way! I'll throw up a pic in KYL later :)

Had an unreal night and a friend of mine got a lifetime achievement award. So proud of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kiera wrote: »
    Like what....

Bewbs, moobs, bums

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

200 euro on an anniversary yokey? jaysus

anyway
    did he know you were getting him pressies
    did you give them to him already and his response is "yeah great ill get you one in return sometime"

or did you not give them to him yet and he doesnt know anything and doesn't realise you're making a fuss for the anniversary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

bluewolf wrote: »
    200 euro on an anniversary yokey? jaysus

anyway
    did he know you were getting him pressies
    did you give them to him already and his response is "yeah great ill get you one in return sometime"

or did you not give them to him yet and he doesnt know anything and doesn't realise you're making a fuss for the anniversary

He knew I was getting him the 120euro pressie because he asked me to get him that and yup he got them already. And he had promised to get me something today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I have a question that I feel a bit weird asking but I'm gonna go for it my anyways..

It was me & my bfs 2 year anniversary on Wednesday, and I spent 120euro on a present he wanted, then as a little extra surprise I got him an after shave set for 50euro. So all together I spent 170euro on him.

He said he would buy my present when he got paid, which is today, but he's now saying he can't afford to and will get it some other time.

He works a full time job and gets paid more than me, we live together so we share bills so it's not that he can't afford it.

Anyway, I suppose the question I'm asking is I feel a little hurt after going to such lengths to get him a pressie and he didn't even get me a card.. But is it really selfish and stupid to be upset over such a thing?? :(
    I don't believe it is selfish or stupid for you to be upset about it to be honest.

You say he can afford it and he says he can't afford it, has he any other outgoings? Loans to be paid back, car tax/insurance, house insurance, medical bills, etc?

If he doesn't have any other outgoings and he can afford it, but just didn't bother his backside, then tbh you need to speak to him.

Even if he didn't have then money to buy you an expensive gift, he could have done something small for you, making you lunch/dinner/breakfast in bed. Ordered a take away, got a DVD and some drinks etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

He knew I was getting him the 120euro pressie because he asked me to get him that and yup he got them already. And he had promised to get me something today

in that case you're good to get very very angry and throw the aftershave set at his head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

The fact that he asked you to get him the €120 present and then got you nothing in return, that would annoy me. As other people have said, even a card or a small gesture would be better than nothing, and if he couldn't afford a present, he prob shouldn't have asked you for an expensive one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

I don't believe it is selfish or stupid for you to be upset about it to be honest.

You say he can afford it and he says he can't afford it, has he any other outgoings? Loans to be paid back, car tax/insurance, house insurance, medical bills, etc?

If he doesn't have any other outgoings and he can afford it, but just didn't bother his backside, then tbh you need to speak to him.

Even if he didn't have then money to buy you an expensive gift, he could have done something small for you, making you lunch/dinner/breakfast in bed. Ordered a take away, got a DVD and some drinks etc.

A card would have even been nice :/ Nope, nothing like that to be paid, ust the every day bills like esb, which I pay half of, and he only puts like a tenner towards that every week...

I really do feel stupid and petty but I went out of my way to get him something he really wanted and liked and I don't even get a card :(

UPDATE :

Even though he says he can't afford to get me anything, I said "So if you can't afford anything, I guess we're not doing anything for paddys weekend?"

His reply was "No, we're going out and getting drunk!!"

Which I don't see how he can afford, if he's as bad off as he's claiming to be :/

Just say it to him out straight, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    Bewbs, moobs, bums

Go on.....

Bets and lotto done. I'm gonna wake up minted tomorrow :D

A card would have even been nice :/ Nope, nothing like that to be paid, ust the every day bills like esb, which I pay half of, and he only puts like a tenner towards that every week...

I really do feel stupid and petty but I went out of my way to get him something he really wanted and liked and I don't even get a card :(
    Wait...have I got this right, he pays €10 euros per week towards the utility bills and you pay the rest?

Or do you split the bills/rent 50/50 and he pays €10 towards his share?
    UPDATE :

Even though he says he can't afford to get me anything, I said "So if you can't afford anything, I guess we're not doing anything for paddys weekend?"

His reply was "No, we're going out and getting drunk!!"

Which I don't see how he can afford, if he's as bad off as he's claiming to be :/
    If my bf did this to me, we'd be having a serious chat.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Just say it to him out straight, then.
    I agree with this.

Is it only recently he's gotten like this Sar_Bear? Has any of his behaviour towards you/your relationship changed recently?

time to stop talking to us about it and talk to him

awful carry on

First draft of history essay done, booya! I'm slightly under the wordcount, but that'll be sorted in the re-write.

Bring on the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

I always think it's amazing how phrases can be so place-specific in a country as small as Ireland. I had two friends who were always confused when I said I'd stall down (meaning come down for a visit) and my bf hates when I say I'll dag in somewhere (meaning run in very quickly). :pac:

I've never heard either of those! Depends on the region I suppose, I got the original sound out meaning straight away. It's mad though, the accent difference between Cork and Dublin even is so much bigger than Paris - south of France, and it's a tiny fraction of the distance apart!
    Lola92 wrote: »
    Some absolute scumbags broke into my friends car last night and burnt it out :mad: Thankfully she is safe but the car is burnt to a shell along with a lot of her belongings, college books and I think laptop in it too :mad:

That's awful :( I never understand what enjoyment people like that get out of destroying other people's things.
    No fruit, or fancy equipment. I had a quick look at some of the ingredients on Tesco.ie and they are coming up at €9.80, excluding the cookie cutter, so I might be able to make them, just need to see if I can find a cheap 9cm cookie cutter, if I can't find one, I'll probably just do fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream. Easy to do and no cooking involved.

Odd question - I've got two pairs of shoes which I got in Dunnes about three weeks ago, but can't find the receipt, have looked absolutely everywhere, there are no other clothes/shoes/bags etc in there that I was, so could I exchange the shoes for phone credit or food or something? It's ridiculously odd/strange I know, but I need to change them this week otherwise Dunnes won't change them (afaik) after the 28th day unless they are faulty, which they aren't.

I paid by debit card, if that makes a difference? Although I purchased other items (food) that day as well, so I wouldn't have an itemized bill, just a bank statement showing the total I paid.

Do you really need the cookie cutter or could you just use a big glass or mug? Or failing that, do rectangular ones and cut them with a knife?

I think Dunnes might maybe do an exchange, but probably be worth ringing to check before going in if it's a bit of a trek away.

Pearl Swan in the 1.30

Stupid fally-over nag :mad:

Do you really need the cookie cutter or could you just use a big glass or mug? Or failing that, do rectangular ones and cut them with a knife?
    I hadn't even thought of that, looks like I'll be making the dessert now :D Thank you :D
    I think Dunnes might maybe do an exchange, but probably be worth ringing to check before going in if it's a bit of a trek away.
    Thank you, I'll be in there this evening anyway, so will check for sure.

I can only imagine the looks I'll get from the manager/sales assistant. :o

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    Bewbs, moobs, bums

Arse-hair, bacne...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sar_Bear tbh I'd be having a chat with him. He can't afford to even buy you a card according to him and then he says you're going out and getting drunk for the entire weekend? I don't want to offend you but he has a bit of a cheek saying stuff like that. You went out of your way and spent €170 on him and to make it worse, he asked for most of it. A card would have cost around €5 at the very most and if it were me even a little gesture to acknowledge the anniversary would have been fine.

Going well so far. :pac:

I know, bookies' day so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

The Lovely Muffin, head into a Euro shop, they usually have cookie cutters for next to nothing, or like Confusticated said, use a glass.

Sar_bear, that's a really crappy thing for your boyfriend to do. I'd be having it out with him, and telling him how hurtful it is to know that he couldn't make the effort to buy a card but yet he's able to save money for boozing on Paddy's day. I don't have any spare cash, so anniversary presents are the last thing I'd be buying, but I do make an effort for my BF-a nice card and breakfast in bed, or dinner made for you hardly breaks the bank.

Trying to motivate myself, I had great plans for today. I found a recipe for supposedly foolproof bread that I wanted to try out, yet here I am, sitting on the couch, procrastinating. I wanted to get dinner done early, because BF is working til 8, and I'm damned if I'll be making dinner after he gets home, we eat late enough as it is! Kitchen needs cleaning, bathroom needs cleaning......but there are so many lolcats to look at!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Just starting into a nine-hour shift, oh my :rolleyes:

Third time lucky hopefully!

Pipped right at the post!

I'm giving up, this is a mug's game :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Pipped right at the post!

I'm giving up, this is a mug's game :mad:

Good job I didn't make it to the bookies at lunch then? :p

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement