Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

got an early mothers day breakfast in bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ladies, do any of ye go on spa days? I've never been but a new place has opened near me doing very lovely sounding packages and I'm intrigued. But I'm also totally unsure of the whole etiquette, like what do I wear (or do I just roll into a masseuse in a towel and let them do their thing?!) :o (not very girly girl here!!!)

If it's a spa place they'll usually give you a rob before you go into the changing room, then you put that on over yer knickers, and when you go into the massage room they'll show you where to hang your robe, tell you to lie on the bed and pull the towel/blanket over you, then they leave the room to let you do it, and they come back in a few minutes later, so nobody sees anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Morning all, hope everyone's having a lovely Friday. I'm hungover and was awake far too early considering I have work til midnight tonight. BUT, I finally got my college results and I think I just scraped a merit. Whoop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

my friend just sent me this!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

"be careful im made of gingerbread" :D

That is absolutely hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

and now to Cork for a weekend of r&r. :) Happy Paddy's/Mothers day to all celebrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Walked into the kitchen in my socks only to get drowned, boiler leaked everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty well done on giving blood! Last time I went to donate I told them I pass out every time I get blood tests to warn them and they told me they wouldn't take my blood because of it. Supose no one likes a bubblefett passed out on their floors.

Lola92 That's awful!! That happened to one of my neighbours a few months back. Granted he's a big drug dealer and I sense he may have done something to cause it...

TeletextPear well done on the results!

I just got an email back from a guy who I was designing tshirts for for his new business. Instead of the intricate artwork and individually handdrawn lettering he now wants plain white writing in a basic windows font. Sigh, I live to serve....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

happy and sad times at the mo!!

tried on two dresses that i was going to wear to my college ball
    they are both waaaayyyyy too big on me now!!!
    so happy and sad!!! :D:(
    i lost weight yay!!! :D
    but i dont have any money to get them altered or buy a new dress!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Acoshla wrote: »
    If it's a spa place they'll usually give you a rob before you go into the changing room, then you put that on over yer knickers, and when you go into the massage room they'll show you where to hang your robe, tell you to lie on the bed and pull the towel/blanket over you, then they leave the room to let you do it, and they come back in a few minutes later, so nobody sees anything :)

Paper knickers ftw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lola92 wrote: »
    Some absolute scumbags broke into my friends car last night and burnt it out :mad: Thankfully she is safe but the car is burnt to a shell along with a lot of her belongings, college books and I think laptop in it too :mad:
    That's awful, sorry to hear it.

I am absolutely wrecked tired, stayed at my boyfriends house and didn't get to sleep until nearly 3am, then I kept waking up, then his alarm went off at 7.30am for work, I eventually strolled out of the bed at 8.45am, an am considering going back for a nap, but I'm so tired right now, I probably wouldn't wake up when the alarm goes off :(

Cooking dinner tomorrow, can't wait, I love cooking :D Doing rack of lamb, vegs, roast garlic spuds, mashed spuds and gravy. Mmmm.

Dunno what to do for dessert, can't make the Raspberry dessert I wanted to make cause I don't have half the ingredients and they are too expensive to get (this weekend anyway). No idea what to do for dessert now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The retirement do was brilliant craic last night, I didn't want to leave! There may have been singing involved :o

However I don't think I can give blood today after all, wouldn't want to subject the recipient infant to these blood alcohol levels...!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭rainshowers82

Sorry to hear about your friends car that is sh*t :( so much scum out there its crazy !!!

I took yesterday and today off yay My OH took today off and bless him he is trying to be helpful but jebus he is in the way :p

Acoshla wrote: »
    I remember the first (and only) time I had a massage, I was lying on the table/bed with the towel over me and the masseuse came into the room and pulled the towel down a little bit and then pulled the top of my bikini bottoms down, I remember looking at her wondering wtf she was doing, she said she had to pull them down so she could do the bottom of my back :confused:

I was in agony after that massage, couldn't walk properly for a few days afterwards, it completely put me off massages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Dunno what to do for dessert, can't make the Raspberry dessert I wanted to make cause I don't have half the ingredients and they are too expensive to get (this weekend anyway). No idea what to do for dessert now. :(

well what do you have?? you could make cheesecake??
    or an ice cream swiss role??

I remember the first (and only) time I had a massage, I was lying on the table/bed with the towel over me and the masseuse came into the room and pulled the towel down a little bit and then pulled the top of my bikini bottoms down, I remember looking at her wondering wtf she was doing, she said she had to pull them down so she could do the bottom of my back :confused:

They always do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I <3 goldcup day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I was in agony after that massage, couldn't walk properly for a few days afterwards, it completely put me off massages.

They do that, so you dont get oil all over your underwear or bikini and so thry can work on your back, makes it awkward if your wearing sonething across your waist its easier if theyre pulled down, usually id tuck the towel into the bottoms and pull then down a little bit, people who give massages have seen everything lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

In the process of painting my nails tricoloured! :)

Same! Did them at the start of the week but they started to crack so I'm redoing them for tomorrow.

Went to a quiz last night and they had a raffle, I won a bottle of wine and a bottle of Southern Comfort! I never win anything. I was so pleased with myself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

krudler wrote: »
    people who give massages have seen everything lol

Like what....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I thought I had things under control today but it would seem that I was only deluding myself. Looks like I will have to take home some of this work if I am going to make the Monday deadline :(

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »
    I <3 goldcup day :)

Me too, although I have the rage cause this is the first time in years I haven't taken it off :mad: Dad and sisters are spending the day going between the pub and the bookies. I just didn't have the holidays to take the day off, boo!

• Administrators Posts: 53,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

I must have served someone a leaky bottle of tan yesterday cos I've just woken up and my left hand looks like I'm involved in some kind of dirty protest. Ffs. Trying to rectify it now with nail polish remover and lime juice.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    They always do that!
    krudler wrote: »
    They do that, so you dont get oil all over your underwear or bikini and so thry can work on your back, makes it awkward if your wearing sonething across your waist its easier if theyre pulled down, usually id tuck the towel into the bottoms and pull then down a little bit, people who give massages have seen everything lol
    I know that now, but before I went in for the massage I hadn't a clue.

I was told (by my cousin) that they just pull the towel down a bit and open the bikini top so they can do the back, not a mention of my undies being touched. I didn't mind lol, just wasn't expecting it is all.
    pampootie wrote: »
    I must have served someone a leaky bottle of tan yesterday cos I've just woken up and my left hand looks like I'm involved in some kind of dirty protest. Ffs. Trying to rectify it now with nail polish remover and lime juice.
    Have you tried lemon juice and sugar? Apparently it meant to be good.
    well what do you have?? you could make cheesecake??
    or an ice cream swiss role??
    Cream flour, strong flour, self raising flour, raising agent etc etc.

No fruit, or fancy equipment. I had a quick look at some of the ingredients on Tesco.ie and they are coming up at €9.80, excluding the cookie cutter, so I might be able to make them, just need to see if I can find a cheap 9cm cookie cutter, if I can't find one, I'll probably just do fresh fruit and vanilla ice cream. Easy to do and no cooking involved.

Odd question - I've got two pairs of shoes which I got in Dunnes about three weeks ago, but can't find the receipt, have looked absolutely everywhere, there are no other clothes/shoes/bags etc in there that I was, so could I exchange the shoes for phone credit or food or something? It's ridiculously odd/strange I know, but I need to change them this week otherwise Dunnes won't change them (afaik) after the 28th day unless they are faulty, which they aren't.

I paid by debit card, if that makes a difference? Although I purchased other items (food) that day as well, so I wouldn't have an itemized bill, just a bank statement showing the total I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Have you tried lemon juice and sugar? Apparently it meant to be good.

No! Will have a go and report back! One of my friends suggested bleach! Er, no thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Anyone else with 48months?? Woke up this morning and my phone refuses to send texts, and I am not a happy girl :(

awec wrote: »
    Any tips? :P

Pearl Swan in the 1.30
    Olofi in the 2.05 (do him each-way, though)
    Boston Bob in the 2.40

• Administrators Posts: 53,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Pearl Swan in the 1.30
    Olofi in the 2.05 (do him each-way, though)
    Boston Bob in the 2.40

I just checked and have a grand total of 25cent in my Paddy Power account - Pearl Swan at 6/1 is it :D

• Advertisement

pampootie wrote: »
    No! Will have a go and report back! One of my friends suggested bleach! Er, no thanks...
    Bleach?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh dear god, that would destroy your hands/skin :eek:

Definitely don't try that :eek:

Lunch now, penne pasta in a smokey bacon and tomato sauce, yum! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement