Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Das Kitty wrote: »
    It may not be teeny tiny. It may in fact be whopping, and not singular. :pac:

It may also be on a massive great whopper of a gantry covering all lanes :D

In fairness, I was caught out with a toll charge before, it's easy to say "I'll pay that on the way home" and then let it slip your mind completely. I pay up front now before I pass through it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

beks101 wrote: »
    Also, I used the phrase 'sound out' for the first time in about two years. I forgot about my bogger roots!
    Like sound out asleep or sounding someone out for information kind of way?
    Sorry to hear you were feeling homesick. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Posy wrote: »

Sound out! Like you're a great person, sound out! (Another culchie reporting in :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Lying in bed now and can't sleep :(

Didn't enjoy dinner either :(

Dessert was delicious though, Häagen- Dazs chocolate, praline and caramel with fresh strawberries, om nom nom :D

Sound out! Like you're a great person, sound out! (Another culchie reporting in :D)
    Never heard it used like that in my life! :o
    I say 'sound out' like someone is asleep. Like "I checked on the baby and he's sound out.." or "you were sound out this morning when I left
    for work.." kind of thing. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My bf just sent me this on Facebook. I dunno if I'm slightly offended or not.. :o :rolleyes:

http://519267.likedopt.info/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Dessert was delicious though, Häagen- Dazs chocolate, praline and caramel with fresh strawberries, om nom nom :D

[slowfoodie]

They're not in season, y'know... *glares*

[/slowfoodie]

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    My bf just sent me this on Facebook. I dunno if I'm slightly offended or not.. :o :rolleyes:

Was it the one about short girls having big boobs and arses?

I'm on my phone and your link won't load properly.

How come we have strawberries in the shops then? They must be in season.. somewhere! :pac:

Never heard it used like that in my life! :o
    I say 'sound out' like someone is asleep. Like "I checked on the baby and he's sound out.." or "you were sound out this morning when I left
    for work.." kind of thing. :)

I always think it's amazing how phrases can be so place-specific in a country as small as Ireland. I had two friends who were always confused when I said I'd stall down (meaning come down for a visit) and my bf hates when I say I'll dag in somewhere (meaning run in very quickly). :pac:

• Advertisement

Was it the one about short girls having big boobs and arses?

I'm on my phone and your link won't load properly.

Yep.. In this instance it is true tbh though.. :rolleyes:

Honey-ec wrote: »

[slowfoodie]

They're not in season, y'know... *glares*

[/slowfoodie]
    They were still delicious. So sweet and juicy, mmm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Das Kitty wrote: »
    <freud>So krudler, all the words that bother you are related to the act of sexual intercourse. Would you like to talk about it?</freud>

talk about what, I love sex :pac:

He must be in the "let's send cute/funny but ever so slightly offensive links to people" mood. :rolleyes:

http://515612.likedopt.info/

Ladies, do any of ye go on spa days? I've never been but a new place has opened near me doing very lovely sounding packages and I'm intrigued. But I'm also totally unsure of the whole etiquette, like what do I wear (or do I just roll into a masseuse in a towel and let them do their thing?!) :o (not very girly girl here!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ladies, do any of ye go on spa days? I've never been but a new place has opened near me doing very lovely sounding packages and I'm intrigued. But I'm also totally unsure of the whole etiquette, like what do I wear (or do I just roll into a masseuse in a towel and let them do their thing?!) :o (not very girly girl here!!!)

generally for massages yeah wear a towel, wear the towel so you can open it from the front, makes it easier to just open it and hop on the table face down, the person massaging you looks after the rest. guess it depends on the layout and what else you're doing and in what order, they might give you a bathrobe or something too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Jane when I click on your links it comes up with a whole list of statuses, which are the ones your boyfriend sent you?

I can't sleep because I feel rubbish, but I've been out sick from work the last two days and I have loads of work to do so I can't take another day off :(

He must be in the "let's send cute/funny but ever so slightly offensive links to people" mood. :rolleyes:

http://515612.likedopt.info/
    If my bf was sending me links like that to offend me I'd tell him to cut it out tbh.

I can't understand why you would deliberately want to offend someone, especially someone you love.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Got a first on placement. YAY. :)

Fishie, it's usually the very top on on the list. The 2 of them were about small people lol.

Muffin, he's not really offending me, I find them kinda cute if I'm honest. Sorry I didn't really make myself clear there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

merlie wrote: »
    Had a good cry after my daughter left today. She just drops home to change her clothes and then leaves to go back with her boyfriend, whom she is now sharing his family home with her. His mum also lives there and they have taken to her like a duck to water. She is loved by them, and I am not surprised as she is such a beautiful caring young woman. But I miss the chats, although she says she loves me, she has no time to chat and I do not know when she will be back home to change her clothes and leave again. She took some things with her this time round. She is coming down with the flu, and not feeling great, she said that her boyfriend is looking after her, she told me what he did for her, giving her hot drinks, plenty of tissues and warm blankets etc and it is the exact thing I would do for her too. Me and her have always been close and we have great understanding, but I do miss her. I miss the late night chats and the laughs, and hugs. She is my one and only. She is on her way to making her own life and I am pleased about that, but we hardly talk, she doesn't have the time to stop by for a while, just clothes and go, So when she left, I had a good cry. It is a mom thing and I cannot help it.

That is what made me cry today.

Jesus that is nearly making me cry, I'm 26 and love my mom to bits, I don't live at home anymore and truth be told the only reason I go home is to see her. I'll be sure to visit her tomorrow after work thanks to reading this. Touched a nerve big time, it's great you have such a good relationship with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

my friend just sent me this!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

"be careful im made of gingerbread" :D

Fishie, it's usually the very top on on the list. The 2 of them were about small people lol.

Muffin, he's not really offending me, I find them kinda cute if I'm honest. Sorry I didn't really make myself clear there.
    Ah sorry Jane I picked you up wrong, apologies.

Ah no worries Muffin, should have probably explained myself a bit better there tbh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I wish that were true....small boobs and small bum! :rolleyes:

In the process of painting my nails tricoloured! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

2 weeks until I head to australia and I am beginning to get nervous!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

beks101 wrote: »
    Also, I used the phrase 'sound out' for the first time in about two years. I forgot about my bogger roots!
    Sorry to hear you were feeling homesick. xx

Sound out like 'I know that lad, he's sound out!' the ultimate culchie-ism!!

Great to hear all the Irish accents though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Feel better soon, Fishie! <3

I haven't slept and I am so tired that I'm in agony. Good times. Getting the bus to Dublin now to submit this damn mooting memorial, at least it's done even if it's not particularly good. Oh the thought of lectures today makes me want to cry :( Can't wait until today is over, once I sleep I'll surely feel a lot better about everything.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Finally got to give blood yesterday after 3 days of trying. There was a 4 hour wait on Tuesday and they closed up early, another 3 hour wait on Wednesday (so I went home) and finally yesterday I was in and out in an hour.

I wouldn't mind but I brought a book with me and I was hoping to get a few chapters read. 17 donations now, 33 more and I get to go to a party in Dublin! Can't wait :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Some absolute scumbags broke into my friends car last night and burnt it out :mad: Thankfully she is safe but the car is burnt to a shell along with a lot of her belongings, college books and I think laptop in it too :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement