Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

krudler wrote: »
    Its up there with "moist", bluergh

Moist is a funny one IMO, totally depends on context.

Willy is just funny. I approve of it regardless of its sexiness level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I is freakin' tired today... spent the day organising everything for a retirement do later, think I will make my excuses and leave early!

Might see about getting tomorrow off, I've been asked to give a neonatal blood donation and it might be nice to go straight home after.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I used to work with a woman who couldn't say "moist". We dealt with contact lenses called Acuvue Moist and she called them Acuvue M's. She even called them the newer acuvue to patients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Moist is a funny one IMO, totally depends on context.

Willy is just funny. I approve of it regardless of its sexiness level.

I like the word willy too...it means I can talk about penises without offending anyone!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I like the word willy too...it means I can talk about penises without offending anyone!

My normal word is nsfw. Sometimes I forget what company I'm in when I use it. :o

Are people offended by the word penis? I hope not, because that's what I've been teaching James to say...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Are people offended by the word penis? I hope not, because that's what I've been teaching James to say...

Really don't get people who are offended by the correct anatomical terms...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Daisies wrote: »
    I used to work with a woman who couldn't say "moist". We dealt with contact lenses called Acuvue Moist and she called them Acuvue M's. She even called them the newer acuvue to patients.

I’ve never gotten a facial in any other salon apart from my friends. I just know I’d cry laughing saying it to a stranger :o

Really don't get people who are offended by the correct anatomical terms...
    Neither do I, but it really is amazing what people get offended by!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is penises the plural? I always say penii :pac:

krudler wrote: »
    Is penises the plural? I always say penii :pac:

As with referendums/referenda, while penii is technically the correct plural, the other version (penises) has become standard in common use and is thus also acceptable. (Nyah!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Maple wrote: »
    You poor love, that is so tough to deal with. Is there anyone who could take baba for an hour or two just so you could get some sleep? Even just an hour.

Thanks!!! Even your response has cheered me up. Don't have anyone til later cos he is too tricky to give to my parents but at least he is healthy :) (other than this.. )

Thanks!!! Even your response has cheered me up. Don't have anyone til later cos he is too tricky to give to my parents but at least he is healthy :)
    Have you tried putting him on his tummy? (while supervised, obv.). My sister-in-law's first child had awful colic and that used to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My cooker is being fixed at the moment. Halelujiah !!

As with referendums/referenda, while penii is technically the correct plural, the other version (penises) has become standard in common use and is thus also acceptable. (Nyah!)

When are you ever gonna use penises in a sentance? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Oh, 2,500 words on the endocrine system. Really? Must I? Why are all my assignments due at the same time? Typical. Feast or a famine.

Kiera wrote: »
    When are you ever gonna use penises in a sentance? :P

RIGHT. NOW.!

RIGHT. NOW.!

Are you in the middle of an orgy? Only thing i can think of :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

-ii can't be the ending for an -is word
    it's penes & penises

also i came here to give out that riam wont accept an abrsm theory cert for an exemption :rolleyes: it's the same thing ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I'm in a very good mood today. :) I have an exam tomorrow which may ruin all of this, but now is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I banned the m-word from my vocabulary years ago. It is disgusting and horrible and should be removed from the English language immediately. I nearly gag when someone just says it within earshot of me.

Stupid question alert: anyone know how you discount footnotes from the wordcount in Word 2007?

• Advertisement

Oh, and my car passed the NCT retest, huzzah!

Thank you work and big bro for saving me about 2 grand between yiz... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I banned the m-word from my vocabulary years ago. It is disgusting and horrible and should be removed from the English language immediately. I nearly gag when someone just says it within earshot of me.

Stupid question alert: anyone know how you discount footnotes from the wordcount in Word 2007?

highlight everything except the footnotes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I just found out I have Monday off!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bluewolf wrote: »
    -ii can't be the ending for an -is word
    it's penes & penises

also i came here to give out that riam wont accept an abrsm theory cert for an exemption :rolleyes: it's the same thing ffs

I'm still gonna say penii, its a perfectly cromulent word.

bluewolf wrote: »
    highlight everything except the footnotes?

Nah, it still bloody counts them :mad:

The one mentioned a page or two back by Krudler. You might use it to describe a particularly succulent cake or muffin!

Actually, succulent is borderline too, now that I think of it...

The one mentioned a page or two back by Krudler. You might use it to describe a particularly succulent cake or muffin!

Actually, succulent is borderline too, now that I think of it...

Yeah i copped so deleted my post :)

I thought you meant micky for some reason. Micky is a great word.

"micky me" :D

Kiera wrote: »
    Yeah i copped so deleted my post :)

I thought you meant micky for some reason. Micky is a great word.

"micky me" :D

"Zip up your mickey", ha ha! Definitely going down in the history books as one of the greatest Irish quotes of all time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Go to the review tab at the top, then click word count. There's a box you can uncheck to turn off counting footnotes

• Advertisement

Go to the review tab at the top, then click word count. There's a box you can uncheck to turn off counting footnotes

You veritable tank of ledge, thank you so much!

Only 493 words to go...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement