Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

in spain, its warm, yay. flight was held up by a bunch of stupid loud women on a hen who were bitching they couldnt sit next to each other to the flight attendants, there was about 9 of them on a packed flight, and they were the last people to arrive on the plane, the **** did they expect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Who's doesn't love Adam West. I especially love him in Family Guy. He cracks me up. :D

he is hilarious in Family Guy!!

This is just so stupid that its good!!

but i seriously need to do this essay! hopefully ill be finished by monday!!! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I’ve only just realised that it’s International Women’s Day today! The theme this year is ‘Empower Women – End Hunger and Poverty’

According to the Guardian, Ireland is 85th (out of 143 countries) in terms of women's representation in politics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fishie wrote: »
    I’ve only just realised that it’s International Women’s Day today! The theme this year is ‘Empower Women – End Hunger and Poverty’

My hubby gave me "international wimmins breakfast" in bed today:D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I fixed my phone! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm so hungry today, I don't know what is wrong with me :(

I'm hungry again now, my thighs and arms are shaking with hunger.

Think I need to get some Vitamin tablets.

In London last week, we ate so much that I think I've actually put on some weight, all my bra brands are too tight for me now :(

Seriously considering taking up running or something during the summer time, or at least when it's a bit brighter in the evenings, I hate being out in the dark, unless I'm with someone else. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Days like today make you realise how handy facebook is. My friend's 5 year old has been on the list for a partial liver transplant for the past year and a bit. Well they got the phone call in the middle of the night that they had to fly to London. Been getting updates on FB all day, he's now in the op, it'll probably be sometime in the middle of the night before he's out, and it's been great being able to see her & her family's occasional updates on how they're getting on. Fingers crossed now that everything will go ok, and hopefully he'll be recovered and home in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

If I see that stupid ad for 'The Devil Inside Me' one more time I'll cry :(
    It really creeps me out! It's even on a banner on the 4od page :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    So butter is healthier? (The meaning of those symbols is escaping my memory.. :o)

The only reason I remember those symbols is the greater than bit has the wider end because it's bigger. Butter is better but it also doesn't take well to too much heat, if you say fry something in butter it's not healthy but a low heat should be fine. To be honest the flour is the worst thing in scones!
    Acoshla wrote: »
    Butter is healthier unless you're watching your cholesterol, which most of my family are as we have naturally high cholesterol.

Having 'high' cholesterol myself (I'm only 27) and with a family who have problems with blood pressure and all that, butter is still better! My cholesterol isn't really caused by diet, it's a medical problem which causes increased cholesterol. My ratios are still good, and cholesterol is needed for pretty much every single organ you have. I don't think anyone should watch their fat intake, fat is good for you!
    Getting so distracted, anyway I really don't want to argue here about fat but if people want some more info I can give links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Seriously considering taking up running or something during the summer time, or at least when it's a bit brighter in the evenings, I hate being out in the dark, unless I'm with someone else. :o

If you can get to Belevedere House during the summer it's such a lovely spot to go for walks.
    Orla K wrote: »
    Having 'high' cholesterol myself (I'm only 27) and with a family who have problems with blood pressure and all that, butter is still better! My cholesterol isn't really caused by diet, it's a medical problem which causes increased cholesterol.

I'm 27 too, have high cholesterol, doctor gave me a sheet of things to avoid - Don't drink too much coffee (I don't drink any), Don't drink red wine (at the time I had never had a glass of it), Don't smoke (I don't, never have), Don't eat too much processed food (I don't), Don't drink too much alcohol (I don't), and reduce butter and salt (neither of which I have ever eaten a lot of). I nearly lost it at him, wtf was I supposed to give up??!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

If I see that stupid ad for 'The Devil Inside Me' one more time I'll cry :(
    It really creeps me out! It's even on a banner on the 4od page :mad:
    get adblock

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Links234 wrote: »
    get adblock

Can't block ads on tv :p that's where I keep seeing it!

edit: oh, ffs, It's just been on again during My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding on 4od...

This is not my week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Nutella sandwich, the meal of champions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm glad I mentioned it now actually. I think I'm beating it too long after I add the flour. This is the recipe I'm using.

butter & sugar loads of beating

the rest, just until it's mixed

time for some nicecream

had an interesting occurance today. well not so much interesting, but frightening

like you know the way I mentioned that a lot of the time I still try to hide the changes and try to pass for a guy because of various issues and anxieties right now? well when I was out shopping today, I had to use the bathroom. I was wearing all guys clothes (including big coat) so I decided I'd use the men's room. this was a mistake, 'cos some big workman shouted after me, followed me right in to the bathroom. I had to try and talk with the deepest voice I could manage so that he would think I was a guy, and that seemed to work. but was real scary for a moment, and he sounded very angry

I think one of these days I'm just gonna say **** it and stop pretending, it's as much for my family and to placate their worries that I'm still trying to pass for a guy when I'm out and about, but it seems like it's probably gonna get me in big trouble sooner or later if I keep this up.

toilets suck :( oh and the medication I'm on means I have to pee more anyway so yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Tomorrow is my last day on this ward. I am gonna be so sad. :( They're like my new family!

I'm 27 too, have high cholesterol, doctor gave me a sheet of things to avoid - Don't drink too much coffee (I don't drink any), Don't drink red wine (at the time I had never had a glass of it), Don't smoke (I don't, never have), Don't eat too much processed food (I don't), Don't drink too much alcohol (I don't), and reduce butter and salt (neither of which I have ever eaten a lot of). I nearly lost it at him, wtf was I supposed to give up??!

lol, did you say that to him. Some of those things I would agree with (very much with the processed food, never use jars of sauces or packets of anything and the smoking) but I can't see his reasoning for not drinking red wine. I will say I drink a bit of coffee(not even one cup a day), I drink red wine (not even every weekend), don't smoke(never have), no processed food, don't drink much at all, I've never really used much butter or salt either.

Did he look for another condiction that could be causing high cholesterol? At 27 it is a bit odd unless you have familial hypercholesterolemia(thank god for copy and paste!) or something else causing it. I don't know much about that but have a look at these pages
    http://chriskresser.com/heartdisease
    http://chriskresser.com/the-healthy-skeptic-podcast-episode-11 (there's a part 2&3)
    http://blog.cholesterol-and-health.com/

I still think it's very odd that someone at 27 would have high cholesterol without something other than diet causing it.
    My total cholesterol is 7.6 too, beat that!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm having the worst of the worst days.
    Didn't go to my class tonight. Stayed home to make cheesecake.
    Baileys and chocolate cheesecake should bring happiness

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm in utterly fluffy humour. My heart is made of marshmallows, there are rainbows in my soul and I think I have some of those massive cutesy cartoon eyes. I could burst into a song about unicorns - that is the level of fluff I'm at.

I'm actually finding myself irritating, but fluffy me is telling me not to be so gosh-darned silly.

Help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

If you can get to Belevedere House during the summer it's such a lovely spot to go for walks.
    Belvedere is lovely, especially on a nice sunny day.

Unfortunately for me I don't drive so have no way of getting to Belvedere, unless I get a taxi, which would be around €15 each way. :(
    bubblefett wrote: »
    Baileys and chocolate cheesecake should bring happiness
    Hope you have a lovely evening.

Can I have some cake? Please and thank you. :)

• Advertisement

Links that sounds horrible and scary, I hope you're okay. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Hope you have a lovely evening.

Can I have some cake? Please and thank you. :)

Always willing the share cheesecake :) god help me if I eat the whole thing myself (a strong possibility)

Links that sounds horrible and scary, I hope you're okay. xx
    I'm fine, just a little worried though

in good news, I'll be seeing my girlfriend at the weekend :) so I am mega happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

I'm tired of having bad days. I dread Mondays and seem to literally count the days to Friday.

I also don't know if I should start looking for a job or not. College is 30+ hours a week, so that leaves Friday evening and the weekend minus time to do assaignments. Also I've all my exams this summer (no continuous assessment :( ) so getting a job now would be a bad idea...right?

I was offered a part time job that was 25+ hours a week and I had to turn it down because I wouldn't have been able to fit it in. (and my parents said it was a bad idea - they help with fees so I couldn't really argue with that...)

...I should wait until summer...I can live without money for fun stuff til then...

lol, did you say that to him.
    Did he look for another condiction that could be causing high cholesterol? At 27 it is a bit odd unless you have familial hypercholesterolemia[/url]

I still think it's very odd that someone at 27 would have high cholesterol without something other than diet causing it.
    My total cholesterol is 7.6 too, beat that!:pac:

Yes I did say that! I basically gestured at the page hitting it and kind of chuckled, he said "I know it's a lot to think about" and I said "Am, I don't do many of these things and the ones I do are in low quantities, what the FECK do you expect me to do?!"

Mine was 5.4 or something, my uncle's is a bit high too, meh, not too fussed, as my mother says high cholesterol is fine as long as it keeps moving! :)

A friend of ours has VERY high cholesterol, like his Dad. When he was 17 it was 15 and a few months ago he was off his tablets for it (can't remember why), when he went to the doctor it was 26 :eek::p Doctor said he should be dead, but him and his Dad are pretty healthy guys, just with super high natural cholesterol levels!

Edit: Links I meant to say, that's so sh*t that you have to put up with that. What confuses me most about yours (and others) stories like that is that people vary so much in features, voice tone, etc, that if someone who looked like they could possibly be a man was in a women's bathroom going about their business like they should be there (not like a caught in headlights man who has wandered in and is scared!) I wouldn't say a word to them, deep voice, muscular body, short hair etc wouldn't make me think hey that's a man he should get out, in this day and age, regardless of trans people there is so much variety that you can't judge someone just by looking at them.

Links234 wrote: »
    I'm fine, just a little worried though

in good news, I'll be seeing my girlfriend at the weekend :) so I am mega happy :D

What are you worried about?

I'm seeing my bf at the weekend too! Have fun with your gf. :)

Yes I did say that! I basically gestured at the page hitting it and kind of chuckled, he said "I know it's a lot to think about" and I said "Am, I don't do many of these things and the ones I do are in low quantities, what the FECK do you expect me to do?!"

Mine was 5.4 or something, my uncle's is a bit high too, meh, not too fussed, as my mother says high cholesterol is fine as long as it keeps moving! :)

A friend of ours has VERY high cholesterol, like his Dad. When he was 17 it was 15 and a few months ago he was off his tablets for it (can't remember why), when he went to the doctor it was 26 :eek::p Doctor said he should be dead, but him and his Dad are pretty healthy guys, just with super high natural cholesterol levels!

If I were you I'd look into getting a new doctor, he sounds rubbish! I love your mothers quote, she's right too, as long as the hdl/ldl are moving the cholesterol around the body like there are suppose to do then yeah your fine. The problem is when there's inflammation in the wall of the arteries/vains and the ldl get dense they get 'stuck' It's not really a case of high cholesterol=your arteries get blocked.

Just eat more oily fish, less sugar/starchy food, take time for yourself to relax (not infront of tv that doesn't de-stress you) and seriously have a look at those sites, ones a podcast so you could just have it on in the background.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

should i get my cholesterol tested xD

do they do it in chemists

If I were you I'd look into getting a new doctor, he sounds rubbish! I love your mothers quote, she's right too, as long as the hdl/ldl are moving the cholesterol around the body like there are suppose to do then yeah your fine. The problem is when there's inflammation in the wall of the arteries/vains and the ldl get dense they get 'stuck' It's not really a case of high cholesterol=your arteries get blocked.

Just eat more oily fish, less sugar/starchy food, take time for yourself to relax (not infront of tv that doesn't de-stress you) and seriously have a look at those sites, ones a podcast so you could just have it on in the background.

Tbh he is actually a lovely and very good doctor, he has looked after me a lot over the years. I eat fish quite a bit, I don't eat too much sugary/starchy food (have a sweet tooth but for the most part I don't overdo it, go through phases!) and I never relax, stress is my number 1 enemy in life :rolleyes: I will read those things though Dr. Orla :)

• Advertisement

Dr. Orla

Lol, that's Dr. K!

but ye, if your stressed that's not going to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement