Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Hey Posy wanna write an essay for me too? :p

Am I the only one here who hates cheesecake? I think it's vile.

I hate baked cheesecakes, I like the chilled ones.
    Most cheesecake is pretty nasty, as is fruit cake. The one thing that annoys me about most Irish weddings/at Christmas time, is that the majority of the cakes you get are fruit cakes.

Boo!

Good fruit cake is nice, Irish people like to stupidly "feed" it with raw alcohol for months, makes it rank and wet and gross, no need for it. I have had only one person ask for an entirely fruit wedding cake in the last 2 years, most have at least 3 different flavours, always with one tier Chocolate Biscuit so way less fruit wedding cakes out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

My back is freaking killing me. I need a small child to trample all over me for a while to sort it out.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    My back is freaking killing me. I need a small child to trample all over me for a while to sort it out.

Very specific about it being a small child. Sounds like you know it works from experience ...?

I need a grown adult to elbow my back repeatedly, never mind your small children!

Very specific about it being a small child. Sounds like you know it works from experience ...?

Yep. You need a three-year-old, or thereabouts. Old enough to take direction, but not too heavy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

what hotel you staying in?we booked the edison in time square,I must check that website out

New York Helmsley. Nice location and a nice hotel as well.

I've stayed in Millenium Broadway, Fitzpatricks and the Helmsley. Helmsley is by far my favourite. Not sure why. Just really like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Dolorous wrote: »
    I'm getting to try on that wedding dress I was looking at tonight so I've got that to look forward to! It may not even be nice but it'll be the first I've tried on :)

Yippee!

New York Helmsley. Nice location and a nice hotel as well.

I've stayed in Millenium Broadway, Fitzpatricks and the Helmsley. Helmsley is by far my favourite. Not sure why. Just really like it.

I've stayed in the New Yorker and one just off Times Square that I can't remember the name of, it was cheap and close to stuff but pretty rank :p New Yorker is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Off to work soon, dreading it after yesterday. There's only ever about 6 people in on a Thursday evening so that's me, two girls who had a blazing row yesterday evening which resulted in one crying and one threatening to quit, and three others. Marvellous.

Acoshla that's not the hotel carter by any chance? Myself and my boyfriend stayed there for one night once... Decided to leave somewhere between seeing our tenth cockroach and eighth prostitute within our first two hours there. Googled it when we came back and found all these news stories about finding dead bodies in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Honey-ec wrote: »

I can provide a four month old retriever who loves jumping on people. Close enough?

• Advertisement

pampootie wrote: »
    Off to work soon, dreading it after yesterday. There's only ever about 6 people in on a Thursday evening so that's me, two girls who had a blazing row yesterday evening which resulted in one crying and one threatening to quit, and three others. Marvellous.

Acoshla that's not the hotel carter by any chance? Myself and my boyfriend stayed there for one night once... Decided to leave somewhere between seeing our tenth cockroach and eighth prostitute within our first two hours there. Googled it when we came back and found all these news stories about finding dead bodies in there!

:eek: I would freak the fook out if I had seen a cockroach let alone knowing there was a dead body found there.

I need a new phone. I keep getting the same messages repeatidly sent to me. I know someone else with the phone with the same problem but the wonderful folk in Meteor said 'hmm never heard of it'.

Lord give me money please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Stench I did freak! Knew nothing of it until I came home, we only ended up staying there out of desperation after our other accommodation fell through. Could have been worse, i think it's tripadvisor that has a review where some guy was woken at 4am by a pimp knocking on his door offering him a prostitute. At least myself himself and the cockroaches had an uninterrupted night!

EmilyO wrote: »
    I can provide a four month old retriever who loves jumping on people. Close enough?

It'll have to be, send him round...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

pampootie wrote: »

Ha Ha the hotel carter is unreal, i booked in there, walked into the room , there was a box upside down on the floor , lifted it up there was a mouse dead under it, ex gf then saw cockroach , that was it , went straight back down checked out, took about an hour to get my money back from them

Some days.. I just wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Some of the blood donation rules get on my nerves! I'm allowed to give blood in Ireland. But I wanted to donate the cord blood after the birth (it goes to people with leukemia and other similar diseases) and I couldn't cos in France you can't give blood if you lived in the British Isles in the 90's...I don't see how my blood is more dangerous in France than in ireland!

That's weird, does it depend on the region maybe? I gave blood there last year and they never asked that, and it was pretty clear from my atrocious accent that I'm not a native French speaker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭texasgal

Rude intolerance .. just sux. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    Absolutely anybody can bake or cook as long as they follow recipes and learn from mistakes. Many, many people try baking or cooking, but mess with the quantities, change ingredients, use wrong temps or oven settings and then say "Ah it didn't work, I'm sh*te at this", but they fundamentally messed up before they ever gave it a chance! See it on CDWM all the time.
    Persevere Jane.

I too, thought I couldn't cook or bake, was convinced I was utterly useless at it, but I persevered at it and I've improved a lot.

As Acoshla said, don't mess with quantities, ingredients etc, follow the recipe and you should be OK.

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm actually really careful about following recipes. I'll only add a bit of flour or water here or there if it really really needs it. My mam calmed down and I've made scones and buns today. :)

Jane also a good idea is to use half butter/half Flora or two thirds Flora/one third butter to make them some bit healthier, but you need the bit of butter for the flavour.

Lads this kitten is killing me, it's on Athenry Pet Clinic's facebook page:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429371_360031310703423_115986581774565_1070587_397173747_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

1st butter is healthier than chemicals, I mean flora.

2nd, landlord changed letting agents and the woman just came over, she was sound but she's way taller than me and nearly hit her head on my pull up bar:o It's not even that low on the door frame!

Oh, and that kitten is far to cute to be homeless!

• Advertisement

Jane also a good idea is to use half butter/half Flora or two thirds Flora/one third butter to make them some bit healthier, but you need the bit of butter for the flavour.

Lads this kitten is killing me, it's on Athenry Pet Clinic's facebook page:

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/429371_360031310703423_115986581774565_1070587_397173747_n.jpg

Oh my God that kitten is adorable!!! :D:o

Yeah I was kinda thinking of ways to make them a bit healthier. I'm using margarine most of the time actually. Also wanted a way to make my cupcakes a little bit fluffier or something. Not really sure what I'm trying to say. I think I'll try water instead of milk in the scones as well. Was looking online and it's okay to do that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

fluffier is better beating of sugar and butter on its own first iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Oh my God that kitten is adorable!!! :D:o

Yeah I was kinda thinking of ways to make them a bit healthier. I'm using margarine most of the time actually. Also wanted a way to make my cupcakes a little bit fluffier or something. Not really sure what I'm trying to say. I think I'll try water instead of milk in the scones as well. Was looking online and it's okay to do that.

Health wise butter>margarine

bluewolf wrote: »
    fluffier is better beating of sugar and butter on its own first iirc

Yeah I've been doing that but maybe not for long enough. I'll experiment and see. :)
    Orla K wrote: »
    Health wise butter>margarine

So butter is healthier? (The meaning of those symbols is escaping my memory.. :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just polished off the last of the icing from my birthday cake. :o

Wouldn't say no to more, love icing. :o

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

Butter is healthier unless you're watching your cholesterol, which most of my family are as we have naturally high cholesterol.

Yep beat the butter and sugar well but don't beat it too much once the raising agent is added or you knock the air out.

Butter is healthier unless you're watching your cholesterol, which most of my family are as we have naturally high cholesterol.

Yep beat the butter and sugar well but don't beat it too much once the raising agent is added or you knock the air out.

I'm glad I mentioned it now actually. I think I'm beating it too long after I add the flour. This is the recipe I'm using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

its getting to the stage where i am watching Batman with Adam West instead of doing my essay! :o

its getting to the stage where i am watching Batman with Adam West instead of doing my essay! :o

Who's doesn't love Adam West. I especially love him in Family Guy. He cracks me up. :D

• Advertisement

My stupid phone has stopped notifying me of new messages, it's so annoying. My vibration alert isn't working either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement