Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Oh totally. But I would really, really like a snog.

:):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

hmmm......sure wouldn't we all ;-) :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

krudler wrote: »
    me too, as much as I like my own company I wouldnt mind that first kiss butterfly feeling, tis been a while.

Hmmmmmmmm.............

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That new rubberbandits song has taken me over. I sang myself to sleep with it and I'm currently singing it to myself now! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Just found a song that reminds me of the bf. :)

Off to bed now. Night loungers. xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My niece in Paris obviously doesn't understand what a time difference is and keeps texting me at 6am. Hate putting my phone on silent at night but it's looking like I'm gonna have to as my giving out isn't sinking in to her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I got cheesed off with similar K, so now I just switch mine off at night. I was surprised how freaked out I was at first. It's amazing how attached to mobies we are(and I didn't have one until quite late in the game). However I was more amazed how bloody liberating switching one off at night is. Of course if you need to be contactable at all times for family emergencies, work etc they're a boon, but they're just as much a millstone around our necks too at times.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    I got cheesed off with similar K, so now I just switch mine off at night. I was surprised how freaked out I was at first. It's amazing how attached to mobies we are(and I didn't have one until quite late in the game). However I was more amazed how bloody liberating switching one off at night is. Of course if you need to be contactable at all times for family emergencies, work etc they're a boon, but they're just as much a millstone around our necks too at times.
    Id love to switch it on to silent but you know yourself with my family that it's not really an option. I'm gonna have a word with her dad and let him sort it. I'd love to turn it off for the day and see what it feels like :) I'd probably get very twitchy and anxious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm really worried I'll chicken out of X's birthday party tomorrow night. :o I'd be very disappointed in myself if I did but I don't think I'll manage to stop myself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Wibbs wrote: »
    I got cheesed off with similar K, so now I just switch mine off at night. I was surprised how freaked out I was at first.
    I always turn my phone off at night.. I remember thinking recently that it's strange so many people don't! I have a house phone though, so maybe it would be different if I didn't have a landline.
    Lots of people sleep with their phone under the pillow but I'd be too paranoid that it'd fry your brain! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Posy wrote: »
    I always turn my phone off at night.. I remember thinking recently that it's strange so many people don't! I have a house phone though, so maybe it would be different if I didn't have a landline.
    Lots of people sleep with their phone under the pillow but I'd be too paranoid that it'd fry your brain! :o

I was told that too! It can also interfere with sleeping patterns and stuff. Now I make myself leave in downstairs.

I don’t have a house phone and have an elderly mother so I’d be too worried to turn it off at night. I usually wake up in the middle of the night anyway so might stick it on silent and can check it then I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i leave mine on but people dont tend to call or text late, and if they do i usually sleep through anyway as i usually have it on silent

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Acoshla wrote: »
    I can only shop for two hours MAX before I'm bored and wanna go home so shopping with people is such a chore when they make me hang around longer.
    I also prefer shopping by myself. I usually only shop when I actually need something, and I often scope stuff out online before I go into the actual shop, so I like to just try stuff on, buy it and then leave. I hate being dragged around clothes shops by other people, especially when they aren’t looking for anything in particular.
    I think I'd die without my passport. I've been out of the country for a least a day (and at the most 15 months) every year since I was 9. It was funny when I went to give blood for the first time last year. The nurse asked "Have you been abroad this year and where, please list", "Amsterdam, Tenerife in April, and again in September, Rome, UK..." :o I was thinking "please don't let there be somewhere I forgot and have to add" because she was looking at my funny :o:p This year I'm going to London & Birmingham but am hoping and praying that I might get to go to Toronto. We're driving across America for our honeymoon, can't wait!
    I haven’t been able to give blood for several years because of my habit of visiting malarial areas, you have to wait a year before you’re able to give blood again. I was a bit surprised last time I gave blood, they asked me if I had had any contact with primates (?), I suppose they have to be over cautious though.

My passport is my only form of ID, as I don’t have a driving licence and I don’t think they’d accept the Garda age card over here. It makes it doubly annoying when I’m asked for ID buying alcohol – I’m 25 ffs, and I’m not going to bring my passport to the supermarket.

I always leave my phone on overnight, but on silent. Texts don't wake me, I think I could sleep through an earthquake to be honest.

I don’t want to do any work today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Don't you just love waking up beside your boyfriend/girlfriend and spending ages just cuddling? I just love it, spent nearly an hour cuddling my man this morning and still had trouble getting up and letting him go to work. :o

Love waking up beside him <3
    jAYSUS that was quick :-O
    There was 1/4 of a tub and both myself and my boyfriend were eating it, I'm going to be keeping an eye out for it on special offer now, damn it was delicious.

The chocolate one with Pralines, Caramel and Chocolate was absolutely gorgeous. I had it in my auntie's around Xmas, it was so so good. I haven't seen it in my local Dunnes or Supervalu though :(
    kate.m wrote: »
    For future reference, that baileys ice cream is amazing if you mash up raspberries and mix them together :)

It turns slightly pinkish and is just so nice!
    That sounds delicious.

Would you use fresh raspberries or frozen? I'm guessing fresh, as they are far, far nicer than frozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I always leave my phone on overnight too, it would take a hell of a lot more than a text to wake me! The best thing I ever did was stop checking the time whenever I woke up, though. I just trust to the alarm and it improved the quality of my sleep no end. No more "I've to be up in 5 hours." "I've to be up in 3 hours." "I've to be up in an hour :eek:" crap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I haven't seen mini tubs on sale in years,only the bigger one that cost nearly 6 euro :-O

Or local Tesco always has them, and our Xtravision does sometimes too, and the mini Ben & Jerry's ones.
    Maybe it's just the 'Green Grass' shade though- I've heard of other people saying they got badly stained nails from that one too.
    I have the same Rimmel polish in yellow though, and that one did not stain my nails yellow!
    Weird. :confused:

I find most Rimmel colours give quite good coverage so maybe it's just the green shade. Only pink stains my nails but it happens in most brands.

Yeah that's what I was like after my ex and I split up, just craved a kiss and a cuddle and a flirt with a cute guy. I set out to do that at a wedding 6 weeks after I left my ex, met a cute guy, but got neither a kiss nor a cuddle just a bit of flirting...and now I'm engaged to him, can't see exactly how that "one day" plan went wrong :o:p

We don't have a house phone so we leave ours on at night. They're our clocks and alarms too though, would be lost without them!

Fishie wrote: »
    I haven’t been able to give blood for several years because of my habit of visiting malarial areas, you have to wait a year before you’re able to give blood again. I was a bit surprised last time I gave blood, they asked me if I had had any contact with primates (?), I suppose they have to be over cautious though.

Yep we were asked the same thing, we said ye we had fed monkeys by hand in Tenerife, she said "Did you hold them or just feed them?", we hadn't held them so there was no problem :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Some of the blood donation rules get on my nerves! I'm allowed to give blood in Ireland. But I wanted to donate the cord blood after the birth (it goes to people with leukemia and other similar diseases) and I couldn't cos in France you can't give blood if you lived in the British Isles in the 90's...I don't see how my blood is more dangerous in France than in ireland!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Everyone and everything is getting on my wick today.

• Advertisement

Some of the blood donation rules get on my nerves! I'm allowed to give blood in Ireland. But I wanted to donate the cord blood after the birth (it goes to people with leukemia and other similar diseases) and I couldn't cos in France you can't give blood if you lived in the British Isles in the 90's...I don't see how my blood is more dangerous in France than in ireland!

Hmm, it's odd so that you can give blood here, my uncle can't because he lived in the UK in the 90's during the CJD thing.

Hmm, it's odd so that you can give blood here, my uncle can't because he lived in the UK in the 90's during the CJD thing.

No no I never lived in the UK...but in France the question is "Have you ever lived in the british Isles?" (NOT the UK but the entire British Isles, including ireland...very odd)

No no I never lived in the UK...but in France the question is "Have you ever lived in the british Isles?" (NOT the UK but the entire British Isles, including ireland...very odd)

Sure aren't we the same as England sure :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I was really enjoying cooking things but now my mother has taken all the fun out of it. I was finally not bored during the day but now I don't think I can do it because she's so fussy about when I can and can't cook, how much I cook, what I cook, cleaning up. I'm perfectly capable of washing up and cleaning up after myself. Then half the time I'm in the middle of cooking she's out in the kitchen (and it's bloody tiny, barely room for 2 people) nearly taking over. I was doing pancakes the other night and she came in and decided 12 wasn't enough and that the batter wasn't right so she took over. I'm just fed up. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't get the blood donation rules.. surely they test the blood first?! There must be people who lie on the forms so it's not like they're 100% reliable. :eek:

I don't get the blood donation rules.. surely they test the blood first?! There must be people who lie on the forms so it's not like they're 100% reliable. :eek:

They do test but there is no test for CJD as far as I know

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My parents can’t give blood in Ireland because they lived in the UK until 1981... Even though they were vegetarian at the time, and wouldn’t have been eating beef.

I still get texts from the IBTS, telling me how urgently short of blood they are, and they sometimes send letters to my home in Dublin. I have called them and told them I live in London, and even before I lived in London I would call them up and tell them that I couldn’t give blood due to their rules and could they please put it on my file. The texts and letters didn’t stop though, what a waste of resources!

Jane, I’m sorry that your mother is taking the joy out of cooking for you. It’s a great skill to have though, so persevere! How is your knitting going, are you working on any projects at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone used booking.com for hotels? Good/bad experiences?

Did anyone here update their Blogger.com interface to the new interface? I did and I don't like it at all, I much preferred the old one, maybe it's just me though.

• Advertisement

Has anyone used booking.com for hotels? Good/bad experiences?
    Never used them, but used www.expedia.ie recently to book a hotel in London and had no problems what so ever.

Remember if you go through www.fatcheese.ie you get cashback. When my boyfriend went through Fatcheese to book our hotel in London on Expedia we got €40 in cash back think. It takes 1-3 months to come through though, so you wouldn't want to be relying on it for anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement