Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Pembily wrote: »
    It was my bday too yesterday too and I went out and drank everything and I'm not well, thankfully it's nearly bed time!

Ah!

Belated happy birthday! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Happy birthday Pembily! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Happy Belated Birthday Pembily!
    Links234 wrote: »
    Ah, I've been washing it every day for ages :o

like, should I be tying it up in the shower, and not even getting it wet?

I've also heard from different people that when I was it, I should sometimes use conditioner, but not shampoo.

Yeah you need to stop washing it every day, every 2-3 days is plenty. It'll be greasy for the first few times but it'll get better. I don't get my hair wet at all for 2-4 days, I washed it tonight purely because I knew I should but it still looked perfect and wasn't washed since Tuesday. But different people's hair behaves differently, mine is thick and straight, thinner or curlier hair loses it's shape and looks greasy faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Happy belated birthday Pembily! :D

I only wash my hair every second day. I've never washed it 2 days in a row because I don't want to wash the colour out of it. :o

Acoshla wrote: »
    Yeah you need to stop washing it every day, every 2-3 days is plenty. It'll be greasy for the first few times but it'll get better. I don't get my hair wet at all for 2-4 days, I washed it tonight purely because I knew I should but it still looked perfect and wasn't washed since Tuesday. But different people's hair behaves differently, mine is thick and straight, thinner or curlier hair loses it's shape and looks greasy faster.

mine's quite fine and straight. I'll try to stop washing it every day. maybe cut down to every second day to begin with. hopefully it'll make a difference, 'cos my hair doesn't seem to be in great condition to tell the truth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Sorry for jumping on your post, it just gets to me when I see/hear people complaining about low wages, when there are thousands of people out there unemployed (myself included) who can barely make ends meet.

The problem can be though when you're working on a low wage, with all the associated costs of working away from your home. Ridiculously expensive public transport, rent, work clothes etc. etc. you'd actually be financially better off on the dole. Looking for a new job about 6 months ago and if it had been for 19k I couldn't have afforded to take it & live in Dublin, it just wouldn't have at all covered my costs of living. Wages have dropped like hell but it seems to me that the cost of living has just skyrocketed, especially when you consider the huge chunk of anything you earn that goes out in taxes before you even get paid <le sigh>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

My hair is very thin, I've more or less no choice but to wash it every day, because I train and then shower so much (most days twice a day) and swim 3 or 4 times a week my hair probably spends more time wet than it does dry. Hate my hair. Used to be lovely and shiny and straight - now it's wavy and horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

There are plenty of people out there who would do your job, and for less money too.

Sorry for jumping on your post, it just gets to me when I see/hear people complaining about low wages, when there are thousands of people out there unemployed (myself included) who can barely make ends meet.

There are also plenty of employed people who can barely make ends meet.

Also, having a job tends to involve more money than not having one. Travel expenses, food, work clothes, renting to live near work, etc. Personally I would be a hell of a lot better off financially if I didn't have a job, in fact I'd be pretty much loaded if I was at home and living off the dole, instead of working in an expensive city for a crappy wage! I do appreciate that I'm fortunate to have a job; however I've been in this job nearly three years, it's five days to payday and I'm living off tinned tuna and rice til then. I haven't had a holiday in years, I don't buy new clothes ever, I had far more disposable income when I was in college.

And, by the way, I didn't get my job "just" because I was lucky, I've worked my arse off all through college and through every job I could get since I was thirteen, just to work my way into a position where I could get a job! OK so there's some luck involved, but the job sure as hell wasn't just handed to me!
    It's not like I don't understand what it's like to be unemployed, I have spent over a year in that situation. And you don't know what I'll be doing for that money. I hate this whole "You're lucky to have a job" mentality, it's such bullsh1t. When I was unemployed, my BF would feel bad about complaining about his job, but I told him to let it all out.

Exactly. I get that it's frustrating not being able to get a job, but it's fairly crap to resent others who have jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ah, I've been washing it every day for ages :o

like, should I be tying it up in the shower, and not even getting it wet?

I've also heard from different people that when I was it, I should sometimes use conditioner, but not shampoo.

I was always under the impression that the natural greases in your hair is good for it (no idea if that's true!) so I purposely let it get a little greasy twice a week. Every time I wash it, I use both shampoo and conditioner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

mine's quite fine and straight. I'll try to stop washing it every day. maybe cut down to every second day to begin with. hopefully it'll make a difference, 'cos my hair doesn't seem to be in great condition to tell the truth.

Yep every second day would make a big difference to it. When I swim 2-3 times a week I might have to wash my hair 3-5 times in that week, then I just condition it well and don't blowdry it when possible, still keeps it nice and shiny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

just got word that me and 5 of my friends got the first aid course in college!!

wooop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy belated birthday Pembily.

Anyone see this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2105899/The-moment-crazed-commuter-shoves-23-year-old-woman-Tube-tracks.html

Hope the thug gets caught, there is no excuse for what he did. :mad:
    just got word that me and 5 of my friends got the first aid course in college!!

wooop :D
    Congrats Pixie-Fairy.

Best of luck with the course.

I'll try keep the blow drying to a minimum too ;)

in other news, I definitely think the facial mask I got made an improvement :D I used it very sparingly first time, and I'm gonna leave it a few days before I use it again, but if its made a difference so far, it should be good. my skin definitely feels nicer already :)

and I seem to be keeping the weight off too!
    I've still got a good bit to go, but it ain't that much! I think another stone will just about do it ;)

I'm more happy with how I look now than I ever have been, and things are just getting better :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm 28 so to be earning so little at this stage of my life is a bit ****. I've never known what it's like to have a decent amount of money.
    At least if you're on the bottom rung, there is a top rung somewhere you can aim for. I'll probably be starting afresh career wise next year or so, so I'll be almost 30 and applying for unpaid internships etc. :o
    But if it's something I want to do, that will get me somewhere, at least that's something! I'm currently earning a pittance in a crap job with awful hours and increasingly bad conditions and I'm at the highest I could be in the company. There is nowhere else to go. I've been on the same pay with them for over FIVE years now.
    I was watching 'The Office' and Tim said "It's better to be at the bottom of a ladder you want to climb than half way up one you don't." At least when you get on the ladder, the only way is up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Congrats Pixie-Fairy.

Best of luck with the course.

thanks!! :)

also Happy Birthday Pembily

hope ya had an awesome day! xxx

so, I know that I'm not supposed to shampoo my hair every day, as that can be bad for it, but damn I hate it when I don't shampoo! :o feels wrong.
    I usually wash my hair once a week! It's below waist length so just too much of a pain to do more often! :o

Posy wrote: »
    I usually wash my hair once a week! It's below waist length so just too much of a pain to do more often! :o
    oh wow! that's looooooong! :eek:

must look amazing though!

My hair is pretty much what you see in my avatar pic!
    (Obviously if it got greasy I'd wash it but it normally looks grand for at least 6 days after being washed!)

dunno whether to be embarrassed or proud that we've just polished off one of those ikea Daim bar tart things that says it serves '4 to 6' between 2 of us in 10 minutes

thats unbelievable :o I dunno if I could go that long without washing mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Happy belated birthday, Pem! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

My hair is pretty much what you see in my avatar pic!
    (Obviously if it got greasy I'd wash it but it normally looks grand for at least 6 days after being washed!)

OMG I would love that! I can't go more than 2 days because I have really greasy hair. Plus it's only chin length so I can't really tie it back properly.

dunno whether to be embarrassed or proud that we've just polished off one of those ikea Daim bar tart things that says it serves '4 to 6' between 2 of us in 10 minutes
    You can buy those in big sizes??? I thought they were only for sale in slices in the Ikea cafe? :confused:

oh me and my GF had some of that a while back, and it was gooood! it's one of the few cakes she can eat, 'cos it's gluten free. I wanted to get one for her as a treat.

speaking of which, I found a new gluten free beer I've not seen before, so picked that up as a little surprise for her

mistress shall be pleased :3

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I wash my hair twice a day. At least :pac:

You can buy those in big sizes??? I thought they were only for sale in slices in the Ikea cafe? :confused:

Oh yes. For about 4 quid you can bring an entire frozen one home.

tarta-chokladkrokant-almondcake-chocolate---butterscotch__0135934_PE292917_S4.JPG

You have LITERALLY just changed my life. :eek: :eek: :D

You have LITERALLY just changed my life. :eek: :eek: :D

If Ikea is a bit of an awkward trek for a cake I've gotten them (sans cream layer) in Tesco before as well

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262780947

and to help with the life changes, I've found that a hair bobbin can be used to extend the waist band of your jeans after a few entire almondy pie things to yourself

where can you buy one??

• Advertisement

where can you buy one??

The wee supermarket bit in Ikea :) Or Tesco do a version as well, not sure if that one is gluten free though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement