Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I appreciate your post greatly Carsinian Thau, I would agree completely, and yes it is frustrating when your perspective or feelings are dismissed. but I think I'd rather keep out of any heated discussion in this thread. TLL is probably one of the only places left on boards I actually feel comfortable and safe posting, and I wouldn't want to upset that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Links234 wrote: »
    sorry guys, perhaps the tone of my post did come across overly negative, I wasn't in a good mood at all yesterday and probably did sound quite snappy, when I wanted to say 'that's fine, but it effect me like this' you know?
    I didn't think you sounded snappy. :)
    I think you come across as someone who's had a lot of stuff thrown at them in life and is not afraid to stand up for something she feels directly effects her and will possibly distress others in a similar situation. You were upset by the subject matter of that ad and passionate when discussing it's possible offensive nature.
    This is a happy thread but it doesn't mean (to me) that people should feel they have to apologise if they're feeling down or that everybody will always agree with everybody else!
    That would be dull! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cake related comedy, it should find its audience in here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

musical.x wrote: »
    i wish i had an excuse. i just can't be bothered :P thank god tomorrow is Friday! sleep is badly needed :p
    is it an essay that you are working on or just general stuff?

What I should be working on is an essay. Many essays in fact! :( BUT YES!

smile-its-friday.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Thanks posy :)

anyway, I think it's long past bedtime... goodnight one and all ;)

• Advertisement

If I stay up for another few hours maybe I can get a head start on tomorrow night's planned 'early night'.

Nah, I think I'll settle for another late one.
    Nighty-hoo peoples!

50272_282413543431_1804525_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

Had a great couple of days this week. Actually I’ve been feeling pretty good for a while now. Can’t believe the difference a year made in me! :) This time last year I was so depressed I couldn’t imagine a future for myself and certainly not the life I’m living right now! :D 2012 is my year.

It’s nearly the weekend!! And I have nice new hair. And am a little less stressed about college essays and assignments. And oh I’m handing up a pretty big assignment tomorrow and I cannot wait! :D Love that sense of achievement and pride (with a teensy bit of smugness) when you hand up an assignment! :p Will be finished the module completely then and I can concentrate on other ones more!

Almost a quarter to four and still awake.
    Thank you insomnia, it's so lovely being constantly exhausted and zombie-like. :(

*angrily shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jay phelan

Posy wrote: »
    Almost a quarter to four and still awake.
    Thank you insomnia, it's so lovely being constantly exhausted and zombie-like. :(

*angrily shakes fist*

I feel your pain :( Desperately trying to sleep since 11pm but nothing, not even a droopy eyelid. I bet I'm going to be fnucked around 1ish :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Can't sleep either... Tummy bug. :( feel horrific and i have to go in to work, no possibility of phoning in sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Got Florence tickets!

Boo yeh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Being taken out for Thai tonight \o/ :)

Happy Friday :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Got Florence tickets!

Boo yeh!!

JEALOUS!!!! :D

would any one like to do my essays for me?? ill pay you in love and cheesecake??!! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Got Florence tickets!

Boo yeh!!

Snap!

I've lost 4lbs. \0/ But more importantly one of previously tight skirts now fits comfortably!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Can't wait for this week to be over, it seems to have gone on forever! :)

New dress got, shoes to match, now to find a gold handbag! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Daisies wrote: »
    Snap!

I've lost 4lbs. \0/ But more importantly one of previously tight skirts now fits comfortably!

Well done you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

One of my students was on a roll today.

:pac: "SqueakyDuck I have to tell you a secret!"

*Whispers in my ear*

"If you eat lots of potatoes you fart lots!"

:eek: "but, David I eat potatoes and I don't fart lots"

:pac: "If you don't fart....YOU'LL DIE!!! BAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Also I had a :3 moment with him....when I was small I used to get upset and scared that I'd never be able to draw the number 8 correctly....(trivial worries of a 5 year old) well today I thought little David to draw the number 8 (like an S and join it up!)....I felt like I was 5 again after mastering this huge feat when he managed to do it himself!

He showed his grandfather before he left school and the look of glee on his face and the look of pride on his grandfathers had me full of :D

Happy Friday everyone! :) xxxxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I've decided I'm having a "Take Back Tullow" party with all my friends from Dublin and from Tullow. STBEH can just feck off somewhere else for the night, that's still my house and I'll damn well wreck it with a party if I want to!

Also got Snow Patrol/Florence tickets. I'll just bring ear-plugs for the Florence bit...

Finished "The Hunger Games" last night and am going to start "Catching Fire" at lunchtime. College coursework be damned, I'd rather read young-adult fiction and turn my brain to mush.

Oh, and Spin 1038's Noughtie Threesome was epic this morning, I had a right oul caraoke session on my way to work.

I love Fridays :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Got Florence tickets!

Boo yeh!!

+1!

I'll get to see her twice this year :D and the Black Keys tickets I won last week arrived today as well. 2012 is shaping up nicely for gigs :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Kiera wrote: »
    Well done you :)

Thanks, I'm delighted. On track to getting rid of the Sydney stone!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Rammstein on Monday, can't wait :D

Hope this cold fecks off in the meantime...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Went for a great run in the rain this morning.

I've decided to claim back my mornings as I seem to be hell of lot more productive in the morning. If I stay up too late I never do anything that night and then am too groggy in the morn. So this week I've been forcing myself to be in bed by 10 and I'm not allowed to get up or read even if I'm still awake at 12. Think I'm starting to see progress.

Feel like a bold child being put to bed early though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

People ye really need to talk more when I'm trying to avoid working, now I have no choice but to be productive because nobody's posting! :p

I've just been offered a "no strings" night by a guy who's getting married in four weeks' time. Seriously, dude? I'm heartbroken because my own marriage is ending and you think I'm about to hop into the sack with a guy who's about to become someone else's husband?

I think he thinks that because we used to have a friends-with-benefits arrangement a hundred years ago that it wouldn't "count".

They really are from Mars.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I just want it to be home time. I have this cock of a client who refuses to take no for an answer and I'm at the stage now when I've totally lost patience and all I want to say is "no, you can't have it. Now Fck off"

Knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I've stopped going out every week with the girls and now we just go out every now and again and it's better, because it's more exciting, something to look forward too and when we do go out now it's not mundane. We really just enjoy the night. That said I am dying for a drink...come on Monday night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I've just been offered a "no strings" night by a guy who's getting married in four weeks' time. Seriously, dude? I'm heartbroken because my own marriage is ending and you think I'm about to hop into the sack with a guy who's about to become someone else's husband?

I think he thinks that because we used to have a friends-with-benefits arrangement a hundred years ago that it wouldn't "count".

They really are from Mars.

What an assclown, great way to start a marriage by shagging someone else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Mmmm lunch, smokey rasher, brown bread and scrambled eggs, so simple and so delicious :)

Lots of cleaning to do today in preparation for tomorrow :( Will be worth it though, so excited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

In a tutorial at the moment, lecturer gave us time for group work on our projects but my partner's not here :(

Honey-ec that guy sounds like such a w*nker, I would be tempted to tell his fiancée what he's been trying to get up to!

• Advertisement

krudler wrote: »
    What an assclown, great way to start a marriage by shagging someone else

Indeed. He's been with the girl he's been marrying as long as I've known him, and he's been like this as long as I've known him. I feel sorry for her. She lives in Limerick, he works in Dublin and only goes home at the weekends. Perfect set-up for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement