Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

sorry guys, perhaps the tone of my post did come across overly negative, I wasn't in a good mood at all yesterday and probably did sound quite snappy, when I wanted to say 'that's fine, but it effect me like this' you know?

also, nice boots bubblefett!

3rd pair? pics of the the other 2? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Put out my back last week and I am still in agony!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Argggghhhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Links234 wrote: »
    sorry guys, perhaps the tone of my post did come across overly negative, I wasn't in a good mood at all yesterday and probably did sound quite snappy, when I wanted to say 'that's fine, but it effect me like this' you know?

also, nice boots bubblefett!

3rd pair? pics of the the other 2? ;)

But of course :D
    1110006220_exlg.jpg
    Can't locate the pic of my others ones but they're white wedged sandles, can't wait to break them out for the summer

akamossy wrote: »
    Put out my back last week and I am still in agony!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Argggghhhhh!!

Oh god ya poor thing! The OH has an old rugby injury and is forever putting his back out. I'm told there's no pain like it- hope it gets better soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

cooooool! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Happy birthday Acoshla! Hope you've had a lovely day! x

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is cool, stare at the coloured dots for about 30secs, then look at a white wall....

unseen-19.jpg?w=500&h=711

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Drinking alone and listening to the appropriately titled "fml" playlist I have in my iTunes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Is it just me, or has this thread gotten quiet lately? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

209 pages in 2 weeks? yup, tumbleweed in here lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Friend of my mothers came to here today and started to explain how none of the kids eat there dinners yesterday. But there little 5yr old was hiding the food under the chair as she didn't want it.

The father drag the young one to the bed room and started to smack her very hard even got out the wooden spoon. Not sure what you can do there. But is abuse. They do the same with one of the other kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

ha krudler that's so weird! Cept my eyes water like crazy before I can get to 30 so I can't get the full effect :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Ok guys, I'm nominated for a Cake Designer of the Year Award :eek: Any of you lovely boardies who are fans of my page will ye vote please? :o I know you're not supposed to advertise yourself on boards but *technically* I'm not actually advertising my business, just asking people who already know it to help :)

Might have indulged in a little sneaky wedding dress snooping tonight. (and found the exact style dress I want, and even more importantly, shoes :o)
    I know we said we'd hold off on everything til we can afford it/i'm over my anxiety but I still love looking up wedding stuff. I like to think of it as research- so I'm really really prepared when we do go ahead with the plans :pac:

bubblefett wrote: »
    Might have indulged in a little sneaky wedding dress snooping tonight. (and found the exact style dress I want, and even more importantly, shoes :o)
    I know we said we'd hold off on everything til we can afford it/i'm over my anxiety but I still love looking up wedding stuff. I like to think of it as research- so I'm really really prepared when we do go ahead with the plans :pac:

weddinggawker.com!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

*SHOUTS*

"LALALALALALALA!!!!"

Acoshla wrote: »
    Ok guys, I'm nominated for a Cake Designer of the Year Award :eek: Any of you lovely boardies who are fans of my page will ye vote please? :o I know you're not supposed to advertise yourself on boards but *technically* I'm not actually advertising my business, just asking people who already know it to help :)
    Congrats and good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Gah, Krudler. I can't stop seeing her face now because my screen is mostly white.

Acoshla: I voted for you. It took a while scrolling to get to you. Going to reward myself with a bun.

Some guy tried to insult me by saying that I "think too much". I was kind of happy. One man's insult is another compliment! Yay for thinking!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Done. When does my thank you cake arrive?

Done. When does my thank you cake arrive?

When I win? :p

Well done!!!!!!! Consider it done :) you deserve it missus!!
    weddinggawker.com!
    This has made me very happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Already done!

:)

Verbal contact!!!! Now we all get cake :p

Wow I just quoted 3 of your posts in 2 minutes. I R stalker.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Congrats Acoshla, voted for you and shared on my FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Krudler I did the pic, but I must be broke as nothing happened :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Krudler I did the pic, but I must be broke as nothing happened :)

Did you do it right? :p ie stare at the red dot for 30 seconds and then look at a white wall/ceiling and blink fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Done Acoshla! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

My wee house is getting a lick of paint tomorrow from the landlord and he's also fixing my back door for me! Yay!
    My doggy Rusty is going to have to go stay with mum for the day, mainly so she doesn't get covered in paint!

This living apart from my boyfriend is really getting me down. It'll be easter before I see him and it's honestly killing me with the thought that it will be that long! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Did you do it right? :p ie stare at the red dot for 30 seconds and then look at a white wall/ceiling and blink fast?

Ahhhh I didn't do the blinking bit.

Nope still nothing. Heehee it was fun tho.

I'm awfully relaxed, and considering the last few days a few crappy things happened, that's pretty good going.

Night all.:) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

krudler wrote: »
    Shaved like bald or just buzzcut way short, i wish i had shaved mine off years ago its so handy, no more just woke up hair or effort doing aomething to it on nights out etc

It's not bald but quite short. Me like though, he looks sexy. ;)

akamossy - 13 weeks! :eek: Good Lord, I don't think I could survive that - fair play to you! The other loungers will tell you I was whinging when I didn't see mine for three. :o

Hope you feel better soon Julybreeze. :)

Cutie that dog is just too cute!!! :D

Nice boots bubblefett! :)

Happy birthday Acoshla! Hope you've had a good day! :D

Just noticed on Facebook one of the girls I know from school said her dog was run over. Poor thing. The really horrible part is that the pr**k that did it just kept driving. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

63 thank you cakes so far...you'll have a busy day ahead of you when you win!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Links234 wrote: »

Links, I think that there was nothing wrong with anything you said at all.

You were hurt over both the ad and the fact that so many people were standing up for it, saying it was ok.

While probably not meant to offend, a response along the lines of "meh, I thought it was fine" is going to echo the problem of people standing up for it or just dismissing the issue. And an echo when you're trying to deal with the problem to begin with is .... definitely unhelpful.

The defence of "it's just a joke" or "don't take things so seriously" is the next big hurdle in the fight for equality imo. As long as being gay or trans is the sole punchline in the joke, the equality that a lot of people desperately need can never exist. So yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it has to be said that actually some opinions are damaging and unhelpful and backwards.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually have a lot more to say on that particular social issue. But I'm really tired and am pretty sure I'll make some mistake to be taken up incorrectly if I try and type out what's in my head so I'll leave it for later. :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement