Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Not completely. I get ocular migraines a lot but it's rare that I get the headache.

Cooking dinner now but don't know if I can eat.

Bit of grub might sort you out? Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Feel better soon Das!

Garg, had a stupid anxiety attack. Was getting ready to go out to my class tonight and the idea of going outside just caused me to go into a complete panic.
    Still, glad these attacks are getting less and less and I'm much more able to handle them now. I choose to take conquering each one as a victory.
    Exhausted- cuddled up on sofa with dog, hot chocolate and doctor who now. It's my calm down/feel better routine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Hugs to everybody that is having a bad day

Happy Birthday Acoshla.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

That's a great way to look at it, Bubblefett. They're shockingly tiring - physically and emotionally, so keep loading up on the hot chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Was just chatting to an acquaintance who was saying how busy they are with work and I was doing the usual chit chat saying I know exactly what they mean, that I'm up the walls myself, then I get the always lovely "Yes but you don't have two kids as well do you? So you couldn't possibly understand how busy I am, much busier than you". Yep, I have 3 low maintenance animals, I'm lucky like that. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Links234 wrote: »
    well good for you

Links people have to have their own opinion too. They didn't speak so rudely to you when you posted about not liking the ad.

Novella wrote: »
    Same. My back has actually been really sore on and off for the last few weeks. :(

How about we say that's why I still haven't started any college work today?!

i wish i had an excuse. i just can't be bothered :P thank god tomorrow is Friday! sleep is badly needed :p
    is it an essay that you are working on or just general stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

It's possible your reading a tone that Links didn't intend, Musical.x?? I've never known Links to be intentionally rude to anyone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

time to dye my hair again, yucky roots
    im amazed how well the dye lasts though compared to the hairdresser one and another one i tried... could be the shampoo though

have to try do it without splashing my upper arm... hmm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Acoshla wrote: »
    Was just chatting to an acquaintance who was saying how busy they are with work and I was doing the usual chit chat saying I know exactly what they mean, that I'm up the walls myself, then I get the always lovely "Yes but you don't have two kids as well do you? So you couldn't possibly understand how busy I am, much busier than you". Yep, I have 3 low maintenance animals, I'm lucky like that. :cool:
    There are always people who love 'oneupmanship' and always have to have the last word.
    "Well, in my job we get given three minutes to do nine 20 page reports, I have to work 67 hours overtime a week, and I have eleven children and nine foster children and my husband is unwell, the car needs a service, the hot water's broken and we think the nanny is stealing our porcelain. I'M BUSIER AND MORE STRESSED THAN YOU!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

musical.x wrote: »
    Links people have to have their own opinion too. They didn't speak so rudely to you when you posted about not liking the ad.

I think you're confusing rudeness with frustration. To be fair, it's a bit rich for a cisgender person to tell a transgender person that the ad isn't offensive... Y'know, a bit like when blokes come into TLL and reassure us that we're all just overreacting to x/y/z.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

New computer arrived yesterday.. Im in love.. ;)

Have a foster dog here for the night before she meets transport tomorrow. She is giving me serious puppy dog eyes. Settled right in like shes always been here..

422374_10150811025687715_837172714_12627506_1390690389_n.jpg

shinikins wrote: »
    It's possible your reading a tone that Links didn't intend, Musical.x?? I've never known Links to be intentionally rude to anyone!

me either that was why i was so shocked!
    obviously she is upset about it but i understand that Stench was only saying she wasn't offended. not as a catty remark but just adding her two cents to the conversation.

Cutie your dog is lovely! cutest eyes ever :D

Ha just heard my half sister is doing her best to convince Dad to get me to talk to her again....purely so she can get an invite to the wedding, NOT A CHANCE! Why would you want to go to a wedding where you hate the bride and know nobody?

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    That's a great way to look at it, Bubblefett. They're shockingly tiring - physically and emotionally, so keep loading up on the hot chocolate!

Thanks Foux, it's taken me a long time to look at them like that but so happy to be able to now :) Means I'm finally beating them!
    Have a foster dog here for the night before she meets transport tomorrow. She is giving me serious puppy dog eyes. Settled right in like shes always been here..

Awww so cute!!!

Ha just heard my half sister is doing her best to convince Dad to get me to talk to her again....purely so she can get an invite to the wedding, NOT A CHANCE! Why would you want to go to a wedding where you hate the bride and know nobody?
    :eek: thats awful acoshla! at least you know what she's playing at :p
    when is your wedding?

:eek: thats awful acoshla! at least you know what she's playing at :p
    when is your wedding?

Yeah my mom said she thought Dad was angling for her to help him get us talking, I said it's very simple, she has to apologise for something that happened last year and then I'll talk to her again, mom said "hmm she wants more than that...", hadn't even occurred to me that she'd want to come, why like?? She would only know Dad, his brother, me and my mom. I don't think she gets that none of Dad's family will be there, she likes to cling to them.

It's not til late next year, she's starting her campaign early :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Posy wrote: »
    There are always people who love 'oneupmanship' and always have to have the last word.
    "Well, in my job we get given three minutes to do nine 20 page reports, I have to work 67 hours overtime a week, and I have eleven children and nine foster children and my husband is unwell, the car needs a service, the hot water's broken and we think the nanny is stealing our porcelain. I'M BUSIER AND MORE STRESSED THAN YOU!!!"

yeah well i have 30 children and i work 200 hours a week and my arms fell off :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Kiera wrote: »
    Bit of grub might sort you out? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Thanks.
    Feeling better-ish now. Had a couple of sausages and a potato. Thank feck the child was in good form. Mike is crippled today, he pulled something in his back so we're both useless!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Aw, you foster dogs!? How lovely. :)
    bluewolf wrote: »
    yeah well i have 30 children and i work 200 hours a week and my arms fell off :mad:
    At least you had arms to begin with. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i love being home <3

i have a lot of work this weekend but i just cant wait to relax for a bit!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julybreeze

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Would it be worth getting a 2nd opinion or are you happy enough with the diagnous?

I did that once years ago when I was in the doctor's for foot pain the turned out to be arthritis. Had not slept well for a few days and was in a lot of pain. The doctor just said hello to me and I turned into a sobbing mess. I knew her through work so she actually laughed at me, once she gave the painkillers I could laugh at it too.

I'm due a review as it's coming up to a year now and I cant get an appointment with my original neurologist until November so I'm going to someone else which I'm happy about, I think I'll benefit from a fresh pair of eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Dolorous wrote: »
    I think you're confusing rudeness with frustration. To be fair, it's a bit rich for a cisgender person to tell a transgender person that the ad isn't offensive... Y'know, a bit like when blokes come into TLL and reassure us that we're all just overreacting to x/y/z.
    obviously she is upset about it but i understand that Stench was only saying she wasn't offended. not as a catty remark but just adding her two cents to the conversation.

Cutie your dog is lovely! cutest eyes ever :D

Yes exactly. I said I wasn't offended. I never said Links couldnt/shouldnt be offended.

The biscuit cakes looks good...but not really... I sort of took the mick and melted a small bit of white chocolate I had in the press and put it on the bottom. Looks ridiculas!

Fell into an amature ebay mistake- got caught in a last minute bidding war on ebay over a pair of boots. Going in saying I'd pay no more than €10, I ended up spending €30... but the important thing is I won :D
    Stupid competitive nature :P Still, look at the pretties...

1473506220m3_main.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

bubblefett wrote: »
    Still, look at the pretties...

they are NICE!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

shinikins wrote: »

What is there to be shocked about though? Links said "good for you", I say it all the time. And not in a catty way, but as encouragement, or affirmation. I realise a lot of people use it in a sarcastic manner to put others down, but have a look at Links posts, she's never been rude or bitchy, hence my suggestion that you misread what she wrote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

They are lovely bubble. Congrats.

Jessibelle wrote: »
    they are NICE!
    They are lovely bubble. Congrats.

:D I loves shoes, too many yet not enough at the same time!
    However they're the 3rd pair I've bought in the last week (and all online), I think I'm developing a problem :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

1200 words done. Taking a break before the next 800-1000 words :cool:

A quick summary of today's events would be mighty... :P

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yeah my mom said she thought Dad was angling for her to help him get us talking, I said it's very simple, she has to apologise for something that happened last year and then I'll talk to her again, mom said "hmm she wants more than that...", hadn't even occurred to me that she'd want to come, why like?? She would only know Dad, his brother, me and my mom. I don't think she gets that none of Dad's family will be there, she likes to cling to them.

It's not til late next year, she's starting her campaign early :p

Maybe she wants to be bridesmaid? :p
    Posy wrote: »

Do yis not know that there is a special vagina rule?? :p If you push a watermelon sized object out of your hoo-haa, you get to say that stuff, post baldy baby pictures incessently on facebook, use the phrase "Well, speaking as a Moth-er..." in a lovely patronising voice to others, being condesending about how busy you are to everybody else, get to tear the skin off the ankles of passerbys with your bulldozer of a buggy and you get your "park-anywhere" lights, enabling you to park in loading bays, in front of peoples gates, on footpaths, on double yellow lines, corners and (my favourite) leaving the car in the middle of the road causing a tailback while you try to outdo another mother with tales of what a genius your kid is...

If I ever become a baby bore, please TLL, track me down and kick my ass for me, yeah?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement