Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Happy Birthday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Sis just told me she's bringing me to the Ireland/Italy match on Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Birthday Wishes Acoshla!!!

On the phone now so cannot post the now obligatory cake pic but will do so later......:D

Have a wonderful day xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Happy Birthday Acoshla!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Happy birthday Acoshla!

Packing for holidays. :) have my entire wardrobe thrown all over the bed and a worried looking boyfriend cos we're sharing a ryanair case and so far I have left him room for about 3 t shirts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Holy crap I think we have a false widow spider in my back garden...totally lost my cool my practically running screaming from the compost bin.

Can anyone tell me if I can put a picture on boards that it only on my computer and not on a flicker account or anything...need to get this thing ID so I can sleep tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Click on 'Manage Attachments' when you're replying, then you can upload a pic directly to boards. Also... *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yet another idiotic manager who doesn't understand Outlook is trying to blame me for missing a meeting this morning.

Him: But I sent you a new time proposal for that meeting!

Me: *checks* No you didn't

Him: I did!

Me: You didn't, I've checked.

He sends stinky email to my manager, obviously not realising I also have access to my manager's inbox.

I do a bit more digging. He changed the time in his own calendar, which sends another standard acceptance notification to me. He then assumes that A) this will generate a new time proposed notification, or that B) I open and check every single meeting acceptance I receive to make sure they haven't been f*cked up somehow.

:mad:, :mad: and thrice :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Yet another idiotic manager who doesn't understand Outlook is trying to blame me for missing a meeting this morning.

Him: But I sent you a new time proposal for that meeting!

Me: *checks* No you didn't

Him: I did!

Me: You didn't, I've checked.

He sends stinky email to my manager, obviously not realising I also have access to my manager's inbox.

I do a bit more digging. He changed the time in his own calendar, which sends another standard acceptance notification to me. He then assumes that A) this will generate a new time proposed notification, or that B) I open and check every single meeting acceptance I receive to make sure they haven't been f*cked up somehow.

:mad:, :mad: and thrice :mad:

That's ridiculous! If you explained to your manager would they understand?
    These people should have to do courses in Microsoft outlook!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ACOSHLA! :DHope you have a really great day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Ophiopogon wrote: »
    Holy crap I think we have a false widow spider in my back garden...totally lost my cool my practically running screaming from the compost bin.

Can anyone tell me if I can put a picture on boards that it only on my computer and not on a flicker account or anything...need to get this thing ID so I can sleep tonight.

Eeeww, I hate spiders
    To put up a photo from the computer use the little paperclip picture on the reply option

So I have to move house now...I'm bad enough with spiders in the first place but now I have an actual poisonous one in my garden :eek::eek:

So I have to move house now...I'm bad enough with spiders in the first place but now I have an actual poisonous one in my garden :eek::eek:

........what??? There's poisonous spiders in Ireland?? In Bray?????

bubblefett wrote: »
    ........what??? There's poisonous spiders in Ireland?? In Bray?????

Yeah the false widow is poisonous..if a bite was left untreated it could kill you...starts to kill the tissue or something.

They are known to be in Wicklow and have been spotted in Dublin as well.

Waiting on a confirmation but it does look like one.

False widow2.JPG

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:eek:,must be the wee fella I set loose last week,tell him I said hi! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Happy Birthday Acoshla - hope you have an awesome day :D

Rainbow-cake.jpg
    pampootie wrote: »
    Happy birthday Acoshla!

Packing for holidays. :) have my entire wardrobe thrown all over the bed and a worried looking boyfriend cos we're sharing a ryanair case and so far I have left him room for about 3 t shirts
    Heh my boyfriend and I are going to London next week and the other night he told me I am responsible for any extra baggage damage (fee's) when we are returning home.

I mentioned visiting Primark on Oxford Street, he looked at me and said "That's ain't happening" :pac:

I'll persuade him yet :pac: :D

Just took the butter and eggs out of the fridge to make buns and buttercream icing, looked in one egg box and find five eggs missing. :( Have to buy more this evening now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Yeah the false widow is poisonous..if a bite was left untreated it could kill you...starts to kill the tissue or something.

Just read about a guy in the UK a few days ago who collapsed and they realised he had 10 bites from one of them!
    Happy Birthday Acoshla - hope you have an awesome day :D

I mentioned visiting Primark on Oxford Street, he looked at me and said "That's ain't happening" :pac:

I'll persuade him yet :pac:(

Thanks! I love that Primark, but it's a bit terrifyingly busy and messy!

Waiting on a confirmation but it does look like one.

False widow2.JPG

Oh god, I actually feel ill and dizzy thinking about that. How big was it? I wish I hadn't looked up more about it online. Gahhh, I hate hate hate spiders. Find it and kill it ophiopogon!!

Acoshla wrote: »
    Just read about a guy in the UK a few days ago who collapsed and they realised he had 10 bites from one of them!

*bubblefett passes out*

bubblefett wrote: »
    Oh god, I actually feel ill and dizzy thinking about that. How big was it? I wish I hadn't looked up more about it online. Gahhh, I hate hate hate spiders. Find it and kill it ophiopogon!!

Well it was in the compost bin and when I saw it I threw the lid away so when it can't see it now. Also the neighbors cat got in the compost bin after so now I've to go and tell them to keep an eye on the cat.

I'm just have a cup a tea and then I'll have to go look for it :( wouldn't normally kill a spider but just in case I'll have to do something.

I wish I could get over my fear of spiders, it's so embarrassing how I react to them somethimes.

• Advertisement

Well it was in the compost bin and when I saw it I threw the lid away so when it can't see it now. Also the neighbors cat got in the compost bin after so now I've to go and tell them to keep an eye on the cat.

I'm just have a cup a tea and then I'll have to go look for it :( wouldn't normally kill a spider but just in case I'll have to do something.

I wish I could get over my fear of spiders, it's so embarrassing how I react to them somethimes.

I can't even stand fake ones, spiders freak the crap out of me. I remember when I was 5 or 6 I became terrified of them after one climbed up my sleave.
    I try not to kill them (unless i panic) but I'll trap them under glasses and bowls and wait for someone to come remove them.
    Cat could have eaten it? *hopes*

Well seeing as I now know how to upload picture's...here's the coffee cake I made for my dad's birthday.

Dad's cake.JPG

Check out my icing skills...or lack there of, got a bit bored of the whole thing by the time I had to put the icing on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

My sister is TERRIFIED of spiders. I bought a fake one and hide it in random places in her room. One day she was feeling brave and wanted to scare me so she put it in my bed.

We were in my room about an hour later and i lift up the covers but I'm not paying attention and don't see it; she see's the fake spider that she put there and screams the house down.

Best.day.ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

YES! :D

New graphics card has arrived! installing drivers and things now...

You know what this means? I GET TO PLAY SKYRIM AGAIN!!!!! :D YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! :pac:

Lets hope nothing happens to this Graphics card... I got Skyrim for xmas, played it for a few days before my old card died.

7b5189_3178698.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Oh the joys of writing about 1930s Fianna Fail. I'm already waaay over the wordcount and the tutor is going to mark me terribly anyway because she hates me.

It's not my fault she's a bitter anarchic little woman who makes stupid provocative statements that I feel I must disagree with :p

And is it just me, or is there something of a mini-heatwave going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

happy birthday Acoshla :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Four hours sleep last night 'cause I thought it'd be a great idea to stay out 'til 4am even though I had to get up at 8am. WHY SO STOOPID?

Essay to write now but I'm so sleepy. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Novella wrote: »
    Four hours sleep last night 'cause I thought it'd be a great idea to stay out 'til 4am even though I had to get up at 8am. WHY SO STOOPID?

Essay to write now but I'm so sleepy. :(

Hate that :( Nothing worse than being really sleepy while you're trying to get work done.

My massage on Monday seems to have worked miracles, for the first time in months by back, arms and neck aren't in agony, yay! Going to book another asap.

Boyfriend gave me a birthday card with "To My Wife" with "2b" in tiny writing on it (all cards say wife-to-be etc, he has completely bypassed fiancée except for one Christmas card with fiancé on it, I'm not a boy!), and when I open it it sings Unchained Melody and says "All the fiancee cards were useless" :p He's so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Happy Birthday Acoshla, hope you are spoilt for the day!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I am now stick free and apparently super resistant to anesthetic lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement