Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Farty88

Mr E wrote: »
    That's a good channel, I've just watched a few of his videos. It's good stuff. :)

Think he's the best around really explains in great detail on what's happening in all cw dc shows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭squonk

duridian wrote: »
    If you are referring to the glow that occurs just before Oliver says "No you won't!" Darhk: "How you gonna stop me?" Oliver: "Because it won't just be me...", that was a visual cue as to what was happening with the magic charging up in Oliver, as the support of the citizens boosted whatever power he was already getting from Felicity & Team Arrow.

Really? I mean, Really??? Christ but that was just rubbish. I honestly didn't get that from watching and the arrow hitting Darkh was a real WTF moment for me! Whoever came up with that positive vibes storyline needs to be taken aside and given a good talking to. It wasn't a great finale I'd agree but I really didn't figure it was quite so cringeworthy until I came on here.

Something needs to be done to this show. Flash and Legends seem to be way more successful but Arrow just always comes across as pretty average. You know what the worst thing was about last night's Finale? When the nukes were launched and Star City looked in grave danger the one thing that immediately popped into my head was the "In 2166 Vandal Savage killed my wife and family" opening from Legends. That totally wasn't happening if the world was destroyed in 2016 by 1500 nukes. It totally deflated the significance of the danger involved here. I mean, yeah, we knew Arrow and the crew were gong to stop it but could they stop them all? No point wondering thanks to Legends.

Reminded me too much like the tone of Supergirl. Even the random public coming to help.

Not sure that I get the argument against the hope magic though.
    Death/despair magic is ok on screen but we draw the line at life/hope counteracting it? That's nit picking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Reminded me too much like the tone of Supergirl. Even the random public coming to help.

Not sure that I get the argument against the hope magic though.
    Death/despair magic is ok on screen but we draw the line at life/hope counteracting it? That's nit picking

One nitpick I have with the final battle. When all the Ghosts appeared on the street with their guns, instead of shooting everybody they decided to fight with their fists. Also the arrow sub reddit has turned into daredevil due to how bad the finale was
    http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/05/26/arrow-subreddit-turns-to-daredevil-after-they-hated-season-final/

That was ridiculous no argument. That's no nit pick. The hive lads have been quite an adversary and became bad enough fir average Joe to take on. Ignoring them ignoring their guns

• Advertisement

That was ridiculous no argument. That's no nit pick. The hive lads have been quite an adversary and became bad enough fir average Joe to take on. Ignoring them ignoring their guns

Yup they definitely need to change the writing staff or get rid of Guggenheim for next series, as they have lost a lot of fans this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

squonk wrote: »
    Whoever came up with that positive vibes storyline needs to be taken aside and given a good talking to.

This was pretty much a copy of the Smallvile Series finale. The bad guy was defeated with the help of good vibes.

What a crock of sh*t.... The must write this stuff on the back of a fag packet and hour before they shoot this stuff... A nuke is heading for a city and you have time to see it on a TV screen, get to the roof and hack it with an iPad... come on....

They need to get back to basics next season of they don't get a season 6....

OmegaRed wrote: »
    This was pretty much a copy of the Smallvile Series finale. The bad guy was defeated with the help of good vibes.

What a crock of sh*t.... The must write this stuff on the back of a fag packet and hour before they shoot this stuff... A nuke is heading for a city and you have time to see it on a TV screen, get to the roof and hack it with an iPad... come on....

They need to get back to basics next season of they don't get a season 6....

Yeah you're right! I also didn't buy the crowd just lining up listening to Ollie. The world is practically ending so, at that stage, I think people would be either running to be with their families or loved ones, raping, pillaging and generally beating the sh*t out of each other or generally just being depressed. Listening to a guy standing on top of a car saying "It's all cool buddies, we'll sort it all out and get through it" doesn't seem to really factor into things. I loved that it showed people carrying boxes obviously having looted places. I know you'll always get that during civil unrest but an end of the world scenario goes way beyond that.

Actually, come to think of it, that scenario was the perfect time to have Supergirl repay the Flash crossover. Having Supergirl on hand to scoop up the nukes and drag them off into space would have been far better than Felicity and sidekick dodgilly aiming a satellite dish at an incoming nuke so that Filicity could use her iPad to disarm it. I mean, even that part didn't look very convincing. Where was the nuke supposed to go? It just seemed to fly straight and level. It detonates below 100 ft or something. It's got to come down eventually!

Really this whole Darkh arc seems ill advised now. I'm pretty sure Nukes are firmly in Supergirl's territory and that's OK and I think Darkh would have fitted in really well on that show but a bunch of vigilantes stopping a worldwide nuclear catastrophe seems a little far fetched really and that's how it looked as well.

The more I think about it the less I know what the showrunners were thinking this season :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

squonk wrote: »
    Actually, come to think of it, that scenario was the perfect time to have Supergirl repay the Flash crossover. Having Supergirl on hand to scoop up the nukes and drag them off into space would have been far better ...

Yep. And they could also have brought in others to help. For example Legends' Firestorm, who can actually absorb the energy from a nuclear explosion, and has done so a few times already, might have been a handy ally to have around for this scenario. Barry's ability to
    create time remnants could have been useful, or if the benefit of that is outweighed by the risks of drawing the anger of the Time Wraiths, he could simply jump through time himself as a way of changing something which was imminent.

Bottom line is, IMO Darhk's attempted nuclear conflagration of the Earth should have been a big enough crisis to draw in all forces available and it wasn't done.

Furthermore, if the moderate crowd of Starling citizens willing him on could provide Oliver enough good vibes to completely nullify Darhk's power, the positive vibes from the citizens of even a small state the size of Delaware should enable Ollie to obliterate the 15,000+ nukes in a manner similar to what Darhk did with Ollie's explosive arrow earlier in the episode.Not to even talk about the vibes from all of planet Earth's citizens.

duridian wrote: »
    Yep. And they could also have brought in others to help. For example Legends' Firestorm, who can actually absorb the energy from a nuclear explosion, and has done so a few times already, might have been a handy ally to have around for this scenario. Barry's ability to
    create time remnants could have been useful, or if the benefit of that is outweighed by the risks of drawing the anger of the Time Wraiths, he could simply jump through time himself as a way of changing something which was imminent.

Bottom line is, IMO Darhk's attempted nuclear conflagration of the Earth should have been a big enough crisis to draw in all forces available and it wasn't done.

Furthermore, if the moderate crowd of Starling citizens willing him on could provide Oliver enough good vibes to completely nullify Darhk's power, the positive vibes from the citizens of even a small state the size of Delaware should enable Ollie to obliterate the 15,000+ nukes in a manner similar to what Darhk did with Ollie's explosive arrow earlier in the episode.Not to even talk about the vibes from all of planet Earth's citizens.

Olly didn't have power just able to counter Darhk thoigh no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Why was every single other missile target exactly two hours away? That makes no sense. Loads of targets should have been nuked.

And the positive vibes rubbish reminded me of the nonsense being used in Doctor Who to change him back from a wizened troll.

ixoy wrote: »
    Why was every single other missile target exactly two hours away? That makes no sense. Loads of targets should have been nuked.

And the positive vibes rubbish reminded me of the nonsense being used in Doctor Who to change him back from a wizened troll.

Point 1: Damn yeah

Point 2: But you're ok with the magics of Constantine and Darhk's death powered magic??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No. Nobody is okay with magic in a show like this. It's why so many fans tuned out this season.

Magic belongs in the realm of fantasy. And it's great in that. I love fantasy. But Arrow was a show grounded in reality. Go back and watch the first two seasons if you don't believe me. Nare a magical or superpowered person in sight.

We all love crossovers and they are great fun but lets face it. The world of the Arrow just doesn't belong with the supers like the flash and superman/girl. It doesn't mesh well.

No one gives out that Batman is in the Justice League.

Not that I disagree, per say, just wondering where people draw the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kirby wrote: »
    Nare a magical or superpowered person in sight.

Mirakuru?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mirakuru wasn't in the beginning. Wasn't it the second season with slade? And that wasn't magic. It was based in science. a super serum of sorts. Slade didn't have a magic voodoo head to carry around and he couldn't force choke people. It just made him enhanced.

I'm just talking about tone. Arrows first season had a very different vibe, excuse the pun, to its current incarnation. It's why the Joker never shot Batman with lazers from his eyes in the Nolan movies. It didn't fit. And why when stick starts talking about mystical destiny and prophecy's in Daredevil, Matt tells him to stfu.

Tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

What i miss in Arrow is the is the relationships between Ollie and people who didn't know he was Arrow his family and business people, I think the best way to say it I miss Oliver Queen the Playboy that element of the show

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

McLoughlin wrote: »
    What i miss in Arrow is the is the relationships between Ollie and people who didn't know he was Arrow his family and business people, I think the best way to say it I miss Oliver Queen the Playboy that element of the show

I guess you will get that back somewhat with Mayor Queen in the next season which will also move somewhat away from the magical aspects of the previous season and as a result hopefully lead to a big improvement ...hopefully.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

So we all agree less magic next season, make it more grounded. In that vein.. Can we dial down the extreme hacking? Watching Curtis, Felicity and the Calculator "hack" recently while that was on screen was some crappy screen saver hurt me.
    I know I can't expect "Mr. Robot" levels here but it seriously doesn't have to be that awful does it? Pretty please?

Yeah, the hacking is a bit like the Flash gong back in time. It's a 'get out of jail' card that they overuse. Also, trotting out that Felicity is the best hacker in the world line is irksome. I'm pretty sure that the top 5 guys in the world at this stuff wouldn't use that line. Heck, you never know anyway. They've seriously gone off the boil on this show. I know the first few seasons were slow and I can see now why people complained about that now if they expected Green Arrow to materialise after 5 episodes but you could see they were taking care with the character to build him up. This season it looks like they just didn't give a crap anymore.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Season 5 premiers Wednesday, October 5th.

Former WWE star Cody Rhodes will appear on the show's 5th season.

http://comicbook.com/2016/07/02/stephen-amell-announces-cody-rhodes-will-appear-on-arrow-season-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Can we not keep future castings as spoilers, I want to watch the show as it progrossss without knowing who the f*^k is gonna be in it six months down the line.

Sound Thanks

Arrow's John Barrowman Promoted To Series Regular On All Of The CW's DC Shows

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/07/08/arrows-john-barrowman-promoted-to-series-regular-on-all-of-the-c/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Ugh. Merlyn is played out.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

David Ramsey (John Diggle) and Brandon Routh (Ray Palmer) were part of a Fan Favourite Panel at San Diego Comic Con and spoke a little about the Arrow-verse (mostly Arrow, but all shows got a mention so thought it worth posting this in all four threads)...

There will be an Arrow Panel taking place at SDCC today, so hopefully that will be uploaded and I'll post it here as soon as it is...

• Advertisement

Casting News
    Blindspot star Joe Dinicol to play Ragman
    in recurring role

Advertisement