Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrow [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Ending was like the ending to Rocky 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Both crossover episodes were very good - I hope they do more of them.

They even went as far as splicing the music from both shows - little hints of the Arrow music in the Flash episode, and little hints of the Flash music in the Arrow episode. They put a lot of thought into it.

The CW is knocking it out of the park this year - 4 strong shows that I love.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Slade Wilson/Deathstroke will be returning later specifically in episode 14 of Season 3

How about a note that this spoiler is for way further into the series and not just for the episode most recently aired, in Ameriaca?

I've edited that post to add context.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

I think I actually preferred this crossover to the one on Flash. The Flash episode was full of great fan service but the villain was weak(I know he was intentionally an after thought) . The Arrow on the other hand had similar levels of fan service, a better villain, better humour and its emotional beats landed all the harder from coming from a more honest place and not triggered by a meta human.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Mr E wrote: »
    The CW is knocking it out of the park this year - 4 strong shows that I love.

Just curious, which 4? I assume Flash, Arrow, 100 and ??? I watch those 3 and Whose Line is it Anyway on CW

Supernatural. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah yeah that's another I watch as well. Used to do Vampire Diaries but gave up near the beginning of the last season

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

I feel like I'm missing out by not watching the flash they kept referring to it

The Flash is excellent - you should start it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭mightyreds

really enjoyed those 2 crossovers thought it was 2 good shows combined to make an excellent show, the 2 casts really merged well

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

The two crossover shows are the first I've seen of The Flash other than the earlier bit in Arrow, and tbh I don't think I'll be tuning into it. I found the characters, particularly Barry himself, quite annoying, and the guy in the wheelchair just isn't likeable. But what bothered me more is that no matter how much Arrow stretches the bounds of credulity, at the end of the day he doesn't have any superpowers. It just didn't feel right introducing characters into his world that do.

Straylight wrote: »
    The two crossover shows are the first I've seen of The Flash other than the earlier bit in Arrow, and tbh I don't think I'll be tuning into it. I found the characters, particularly Barry himself, quite annoying, and the guy in the wheelchair just isn't likeable. But what bothered me more is that no matter how much Arrow stretches the bounds of credulity, at the end of the day he doesn't have any superpowers. It just didn't feel right introducing characters into his world that do.

I'd watch the first few episodes of the show proper before casting judgment. Watching two crossovers where they are setting out to emphasise the differences in the two hero's /teams is maybe not the best way to judge a series. Watch up to episode 4 the one with Wentworth miller as Captain Cold, if it's still not your cup of tea then fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

What the crossover really did for me was highlight how fcuking annoying Ollie is. Everyone was having great fun in these episodes except him and it really has begun to grate.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Straylight wrote: »

You need to remember that it's not "his world" - It's the DC comics universe. Anyone from the entire DC universe could in theory appear in a crossover episode.

Similar to the marvel universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

So much for no super powers in the Arrow universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭pah

smcgiff wrote: »
    So much for no super powers in the Arrow universe.

Had they said that from the off?

Once we got "miracuru" I think it was only a matter of time

What the crossover really did for me was highlight how fcuking annoying Ollie is. Everyone was having great fun in these episodes except him and it really has begun to grate.

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying but I would be pissed too if I were after loosing a few billion.

On that, how are they still able to afford all their stuff??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

pah wrote: »
    Had they said that from the off?

To be honest, I've only ever read it on this forum. It looks like they decided the cross overs were too appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah it's getting a bit annoying but I would be pissed too if I were after loosing a few billion.

On that, how are they still able to afford all their stuff??

Yeah I think even though he lost the company and house he would still have a few million left that he only uses for Arrow supplies and equipment. All the trick arrows and costumes are made by a guy called Lodai from Bludhaven. in the Arrow Season 2.5 comic it shows Diggle going to Bludhaven to pay for the equipment and being told that he is paying too little.
    Also Oliver flew commercial to Corto Maltese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm sure he'd have a trust fund no?

I'm sure he'd have a trust fund no?

The sort thats put in "trust" till your 25 , I'm not sure what age Ollie is meant to be but I'd imagine if he didn't burn through that in his playboy phase he definitely has in his Vigilante phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Not to sound bad but it could be
    his mothers life insurance payout
    he is living off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

What the hell happened to Walter Steele actually, don't think he's been mentioned once this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do you want to canon answer or the real life answer?

I'd wager the actor playing him has better things to be doing. :p

Holy ****. Now that was how you do a mid season finale. Cracking episode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Lazarus Pit... That is all

Lazarus Pit... That is all

Yeah kinda obvious when
    Ra's said his last battle was 67 years ago
    Theory on
    who saves Oliver
    Either Maseo or Nyssa knowing that he didn't really kill Sara
    or Malcolm who decides to control Oliver the same way he did to Thea.( He obviously knew that Oliver had no chance against Ra'As)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

good episode ending was cool I thought it was going to turn out that it was
    Thea
    but this I prefer

CALLED IT!

what a Finale!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Jaysus! That was not expected!

Advertisement