Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Hope he turns up!

Has anyone asked for cctv images from Busaras, Heuston, Connolly and the ferry terminal?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Almost positive I saw Paul today outside the Jervis centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Leftyflip wrote: »

Was he still wearing the same clothes he had on since thursday.
    I doubt hed be just floating around Dublin without going home for a change or without taking some clothes with him. Had he withdrawn a substantial sum of money lately . Had he got the means to check into a BNB. Did he take clothes with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

You should contact Whitehall Garda station on 01 666 4500.

They could look into this.

If you give them the time and place you think you saw him, they could look up CCTV to clarify this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Viral Vector

Poor lad, I hope he's ok and he turns up safe and sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Would you of had the chance to approach him at the time??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

When this thread popped up on the home page I was hoping it was going to say that Paul had been found.

Is there any location in particular that the people looking for Paul are concentrating on? Any particular location where there has been particularly "hopeful" sightings?

Really hope there is some good news for his family and friends soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Have the guards looked through his laptop or if he had it with him could they track him from the laptops location. I don't know him but I really hope he's found safe and sound. If he had a bank account has it been touched since he was last seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Just noticed this thread now about this chap that is missing. Yesterday Evening Thursday the 9th of Febuary i was in The Square shopping centre, Tallaght with my wife. I was on an escalator travelling from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor, on the opposite escalator travelling from 2nd to 3rd floor a guy matching Pauls description was on it.

Only reason it has stuck in my head is he was having a very in depth chat with himself and looked a bit distressed as in arguing with himself. It was roughly 830pm and its the escalator that emerges at the vodafone store for anyone familiar with the setup there.

Clothing was blue jeans, grey hoodie that was open and a metallica tshirt on show under the hoodie. The tshirt was black or navy with metallica in large writing about chest high, he had glasses on and long hair with full facial hair. I've actually had my wife look at the picture and she really feels it was him also, i'm so sorry i didn't see this missing person alert earlier but will contact Gardai and let them know, i'm sure extensive cctv will be available. Anything else i think of i will post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

This looks promising , hopefully its him and the stress of exams just made him lose the run of himself a bit.
    Hope the gaurds can id him from cctv and get him home. A rest will do him the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Miss.Marple

Really really hoping Paul turns up/is found safe & sound very soon. An awful time for all his family & friends, my sister taught Paul before & says he is an absolutely lovely fella.Please God we'll get some good news soon,thinking of all those involved

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

That lead seems very promising alright! Really hope Paul turns up soon! I put up some posters around UCC and Cork City this evening anyways. Really hope his family and friends are coping okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Thanks for the tip pokerface. Only thing is the clothes don't really match; Paul doesn't have a Metallica t-shirt or grey hoodie that we know of. However, it's always possible that he acquired new clothes. Please do contact the Gardaí, they will certainly check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

I was just on a taxi beside dcu. Taxi Driver ( a dub ) didn't know that Paul is missing. We need to get the word out the traditional ways.

Facebook,twitter is new stuff but we need to get the person on the street.

We should get far far more posters in the area outside dcu. There are lots in dcu itself.

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    I was just on a taxi beside dcu. Taxi Driver ( a dub ) didn't know that Paul is missing. We need to get the word out the traditional ways.

Facebook,twitter is new stuff but we need to get the person on the street.

We should get far far more posters in the area outside dcu. There are lots in dcu itself.
    Well postering and flyering is the main thing we've been doing the last few days. You'd be surprised how hard it is to get consistent poster and flyer coverage of a large area like Dublin, let alone Ireland. That's why his friends and family have set up a page to help people contribute to the postering effort: https://www.facebook.com/events/338278086212105/

If anyone has spare time and the ability to print even a small few posters, it would be much appreciated.

As for taxis, several cab companies have been contacted. I'm not sure how one would get the message out to a large number of individual taxis, other than by the above mentioned method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Why isn't this getting as much media attention as the Caolan Mulrooney case? I don't understand why Paul's case is any different. He went missing unexplained and his family and friends are just as worried about him as Caolan's family and friends were.

Yet, Paul's getting nowhere near as much media coverage as Caolan did. Getting the media to consistantly appeal for information spreads the word and opens people's eyes that there is a man in the locality that is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭OkayWhatever

Really hope he is found safe and in good health soon. His poor family and friends!

I live opposite DCU so if anybody needs any help asking people or talking to people or handing out posters i'm more than happy to help. My boyfriend lives in Rathfarnham so I can do around here too.I'm willing to travel anywhere in Dublin aswell so if I can help please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I hope paul is found safe and well. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭cheekita

I hope paul is found safe and well. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

• Advertisement

Can we put his age on the posters please. He looks 30 in it. People might recognize the voice was younger if they spoke to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Eod100 wrote: »
    You should contact Whitehall Garda station on 01 666 4500.

They could look into this.

If you give them the time and place you think you saw him, they could look up CCTV to clarify this.

Will give them a buzz now.
    Would you of had the chance to approach him at the time??
    Nah, was walking in the opposite direction and when I realised it I couldn't see him :(

Contacting youth hostels in town might be useful.

andyman wrote: »
    Why isn't this getting as much media attention as the Caolan Mulrooney case? I don't understand why Paul's case is any different. He went missing unexplained and his family and friends are just as worried about him as Caolan's family and friends were.

Yet, Paul's getting nowhere near as much media coverage as Caolan did. Getting the media to consistantly appeal for information spreads the word and opens people's eyes that there is a man in the locality that is missing.
    Well Gardaí have told us to refer all press matters to their Press Office, so they determine the speed at which this gets press coverage. Of course the family are constantly pressing them to get the word out there, but I think the difference in Paul's case is that it's more likely that he intentionally disappeared to get away from it all, whereas I think in Caolan's case it was always likely that he had some altercation or accident after the night club (just going by what I have read). The cases aren't exactly the same, the Gardaí seem to believe that caution is required in terms of what info goes into the public domain.

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    So does this mean that in all likelihood no foul play is suspected, that Paul is just off somewhere having a break and will come back when he is ready ?
    We don't have enough information to be saying that. I am definitely not ruling out the possibility of foul play. All I'm saying is that it is a possibility that he wanted to get away from it all.

I'm not going to continue to engage with questions like this as they aren't really helpful. Detective work is best left to the Gardaí, who have the necessary information, power and experience. All I'm asking is for people to get in touch if they think they have seen Paul, and to spread the word of his disappearance to others.

If you have any questions or comments please direct them to Whitehall Garda Station at 016664500. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Just to give people a more distinctive description that should immediately distinguish Paul from other people of a similar description.

Paul has a very distinctive walking style, he tends to bounce from side to side as he walks (and he generally always walks as if he's in a hurry to go somewhere). It may sound silly but trust me it stands out from the crowd and you'd immediately notice it if you saw him waling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Loony

Stev_o wrote: »
    Just to give people a more distinctive description that should immediately distinguish Paul from other people of a similar description.

Paul has a very distinctive walking style, he tends to bounce from side to side as he walks (and he generally always walks as if he's in a hurry to go somewhere). It may sound silly but trust me it stands out from the crowd and you'd immediately notice it if you saw him waling.

I was just coming here to say that.

Paul also always walks hunched slightly forward and always walks with his hands in his pockets.

Can we get at leat 100 mini flyers to esso shop on ballymun rd. And possibly eurospar aswell.

Can we get posters up on st mobhi road ,st pappins rd and and home farm road.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mr_Mister wrote: »
    Can we get at leat 100 mini flyers to esso shop on ballymun rd. And possibly eurospar aswell.

Can we get posters up on st mobhi road ,st pappins rd and and home farm road.

Thanks

Who is this addressed to please :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Well Gardaí have told us to refer all press matters to their Press Office, so they determine the speed at which this gets press coverage. Of course the family are constantly pressing them to get the word out there, but I think the difference in Paul's case is that it's more likely that he intentionally disappeared to get away from it all, whereas I think in Caolan's case it was always likely that he had some altercation or accident after the night club (just going by what I have read). The cases aren't exactly the same, the Gardaí seem to believe that caution is required in terms of what info goes into the public domain.

I was wondering why I never saw this case mentioned on the news. Hadn't really considered that the Gardaí would have said not to broadcast it.

I was thinking I'd put up some posters around Pats on Monday and I could also poster the businesses in Drumcondra. Quinns might be a good place because a lot of the students head there every week. Dundalk, where I live, is also very close to Dublin so it might be worth me putting a few posters up around here, even though he probably didn't come in this direction. Then again, there are a hell of a lot of students and other commuters who head for Dublin and other places every week so I'm sure it would make people more aware. This has probably already been considered but is there any possibility that Paul decided to go home for the weekend before college resumed on the Monday? I'm not sure what buses/trains go to wexford but maybe it would be worth checking out? He might have decided to go home out of the blue. I often go home and don't say it to my parents until I get there. He might not have told friends because he presumed it wouldn't matter if they weren't in Dublin or the college was off for the week.

Advertisement