Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Kess73 wrote: »
    My brother has put up flyers for me in both Chester and our hometown of Liverpool just in case Paul took the ferry and went that direction.

Brother told me that he edited the flyer slightly so that the Irsh country code would be included in the phone number.

Might be an idea if any other Boardsies in the UK or who who have family there could get a few flyers up in their local town. Apols if this has already been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

Why do you think paul is in the uk? He would have obviously told someone if he was going.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

investment wrote: »
    Kess73 wrote: »
    My brother has put up flyers for me in both Chester and our hometown of Liverpool just in case Paul took the ferry and went that direction.

Brother told me that he edited the flyer slightly so that the Irsh country code would be included in the phone number.

Might be an idea if any other Boardsies in the UK or who who have family there could get a few flyers up in their local town. Apols if this has already been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

Why do you think paul is in the uk? He would have obviously told someone if he was going.

There is no obviously about it. He may have decided he wanted to get away and just jumped on a ferry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

investment, any more "speculation" about Paul's intentions will result in infractions and/or a forum ban. Please don't assume you know what Paul may have been up to. Please don't question the good deeds people are doing to help find Paul.

This is your warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

I appericate that... however; he has been missing for since the 2th Feb....thats over 12 days ago

If paul is alive..he would make contact with family members ...right??

So we must assume the worst otherwise there would never be a search when someone goes missing..right?

So have the garda dragged all the major waterways near where paul went missing and searched the area just to be sure?

Investment.....

I am Paul's mother and NO!! I and my family must NOT and will NOT assume the worst! We will keep clinging to the hope that my son is alive and safe.

I, my family and the Gardai are doing everything we can to find Paul and we have to keep believing that we will succeed and that my precious boy will be home with his family very soon.

If you have nothing helpful to say, say nothing.

Wexlady44 wrote: »
    Investment.....

I am Paul's mother and NO!! I and my family must NOT and will NOT assume the worst! We will keep clinging to the hope that my son is alive and safe.

I, my family and the Gardai are doing everything we can to find Paul and we have to keep believing that we will succeed and that my precious boy will be home with his family very soon.

I would just like to re-iterate Wexlady44's message here and emphasize that any more unhelpful posts from anyone will not be tolerated in this thread. Please have some respect for the family and those who care about Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Investment.....

Hi,

I hope to god that Paul is found soon and in good health, although I don't know Paul, I can only imagine what you and yours are going through and offer my support and best wishes to you and your family,

Matt

I actually think the latest update could be a very positive one. If Paul was near the O2 to take the ferry it shows that he had somewhere he intended to go. If I wanted to get away, I would not go somewhere unknown but to somewhere where I felt good. Perhaps consider any past experiences of the uk. Living there, visiting family, holidays etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that Trinity haven't sent an email around to all their students yet. Our SU posted on their Facebook about it, and some of us have shared it - and there's posters on the Arts Block notice boards - but there's been no blanket email like in the other colleges.

I actually have no idea who to officially contact about it, but maybe the communications officer of the SU could do it? They have access to the lists anyway.

Really hope Paul turns up soon. I don't know him but I have friends in DCU who do, and I recognised his boards username. Best wishes to all his friends/family, this must be horrible for them!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Just a quick note here to show how wide the message is about Paul missing.

Both my OH and I thought he was a chap who worked in our local shop who is asked every day if he is Paul

On top of that I work as a consultant and today was working in a company on the quays and they have a very prominent A4 of Paul and his details in their company kitchen with all of his details. Walking down the quays there were several posters, and on my own facebook there are lots of updates despite few boardsies being on my facebook.

The message is being very well communicated that Paul is missing, we even talked about it in work today.

Very best wishes for him and his family.

I hope he returns home safely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that Trinity haven't sent an email around to all their students yet. Our SU posted on their Facebook about it, and some of us have shared it - and there's posters on the Arts Block notice boards - but there's been no blanket email like in the other colleges.

I actually have no idea who to officially contact about it, but maybe the communications officer of the SU could do it? They have access to the lists

It's pretty much the same in DIT too. No mass email or anything sent out other than a mention on Facebook when the news first broke, nothing since then.

Hopefully Paul will turn up soon and has just been taking some time to himself for a breather without realising the panic he's caused.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

I pray he shows up safe and well really soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am clicking this thread every day hoping for some good news, always keeping my eyes peeled every day in case I see Paul. I hope he comes back home safely very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm seeing a lot more posters around the place, fair play to all those who are helping putting them up and getting the message out there. Hope Paul turns up soon Wexlady44.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Don't be too hard on us here Moderators, we are not privy to the same infomation you have on Paul and this can sometimes lead to us drawing our own conclusions. We are all hoping for a happy ending and please God there will be something positive soon.

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    Don't be too hard on us here Moderators, we are not privy to the same infomation you have on Paul and this can sometimes lead to us drawing our own conclusions. We are all hoping for a happy ending and please God there will be something positive soon.

I'm afraid I am not privy to any more information than the majority of people here. I am just trying to protect the best interests of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

Investment.....

I have a good feeling everythings gonna work out just fine, I'm originally from Wexford, and the Wexford boys are tough ol lads. He'll be grand.

Positive energy to you all in this hard time, that hopefully one day you will be able to roll your eyes and smile about this.

I dissapeared for two weeks once, had a rough few days, decided to go for a wander and see what would happen, I landed at an Aunts house after 15 days with my head hung low and faced the ****storm, and now 15 years later, my ma rolls her eyes and calls me a big eegit.

I did my 'holiday' without a pile of cash and a passport by the way, that seems relevant for some reason.

The very best of luck Wexlady44
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I have no idea as to where he may be. But I am from Liverpool although living in Ireland now, so I figured that I could get my brother to put up some flyers in some of the areas where people who have used the ferry might pass through.

It is simply a case of trying to help in some small way, and extending the range in which the flyers can be seen in.

I don't know Paul but would like to think that if someone close to me was missing that maybe people would do something similar for them.

The more people that look at Paul's pictures in this thread and keep an eye out, and the more people that put up even one flyer, the greater the chance of someone spotting him, or someone having their memory jogged by a flyer.

Just hope the guy turns up soon, and gets back to the family and friends that obviously care about him so much. If he is going through something he can come back and let those people be his strength to help him through whater is going on. Hell even if he did not want to do that I am sure that there are plenty of strangers to him that use Boards that would be more than willing to listen to him if he thought that a stranger's ear was easier to an easier place to unload some baggage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭sasser

Sallyanne2 wrote: »

But you don't have to share them, this ain't about you. Hope Paul returns safe & sound.

All posts relating to Sallyanne2's infraction and subsequent banning have been removed in order to make this thread easier to read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I have only met Paul a handful of times but I'd recognise him if I saw him. I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed and eyes peeled, with a bit of luck he'll find his way home soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Hi guys. I've been following this thread since it started. I know Paul from Fibbers and I'm hoping and praying that he turns up safe and well.

I saw a poster in town today that confused me, though. I was in Dublin and saw the old posters, saying how he was last seen in DCU etc. But I saw a new one today, saying he was last seen outside the O2 that night? Is that right?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Hi guys. I've been following this thread since it started. I know Paul from Fibbers and I'm hoping and praying that he turns up safe and well.

I saw a poster in town today that confused me, though. I was in Dublin and saw the old posters, saying how he was last seen in DCU etc. But I saw a new one today, saying he was last seen outside the O2 that night? Is that right?
    The latest police report states that he was last seen outside the O2, yes.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

LyndaMcL wrote: »

His last sighting was at the O2 on Thursday 2nd Feb around 6.20pm but that information only came to light in the last few days. People had already put up posters by then with the previous sighting at Spar on Thurs 2nd around 4.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

Hoping Paul turns up soon. There doesn't seem to be many posters around my house - Church St area, so I'll print some tomorrow and put them up in the shops. ringadingdings post is very encouraging and uplifting. It is very possible he has not yet realised the fuss he has caused. I know I've felt like crawling into a hole away from the world plenty of times before..

Keep the faith!!!!

He is in my thoughts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Arkhitekton

Mr.S wrote: »
    So have the ferry terminal CCTV turned up anything?

If he was down by the o2 he could have easily walked or hopped in a taxi to the terminal and got a ferry to Wales.

The gardai are aware of all of the possibilities available to a person who is seen down by the O2, don't worry!
    If the CCTV showed something important (that we all needed to know about) I'm sure the family would have made it common knowledge as they did with the O2 information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I cant think of anything else left to do , This might be a bit strange, but is there a fund, to help fund the search for him maybe a back account we can give a few bob to.I cant get into Dublin city centre to look for him , but would like to think I could help in some way??

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    It's pretty much the same in DIT too. No mass email or anything sent out other than a mention on Facebook when the news first broke, nothing since then.

UCD haven't sent out anything either. Doesn't look like any of the colleges have, apart from possibly DCU??
    Hope he's found soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Rocket19 wrote: »
    UCD haven't sent out anything either. Doesn't look like any of the colleges have, apart from possibly DCU??
    Hope he's found soon.

Maynooth did last week

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Rocket19 wrote: »
    Hope he's found soon.

We got one in UL a day or so after he went missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

Niall09 wrote: »
    We got one in UL a day or so after he went missing.

Oh, well I'm obviously wrong about none of the colleges getting involved. It'd be good if UCD/TCD/DIT sent out an email though. I have to admit I didn't hear about it until I saw it here on boards, so I hope the word spreads quickly for him.

Advertisement