Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Konata wrote: »
    Not him unfortunately but thanks for going to the effort of taking a photo and keeping an eye out. Definitely appreciated :)

Didn't think so myself but I thought it was no harm throwing it up there. I think the other lad at the bus stop noticed me!! That was the second photo I had to take as a car drove past, maybe I was bit obvious......but I will keep a look out over the next couple of days going to and from college.

Hopefully he is found safe and sound very soon, and similarly to Faders my thoughts are with his friends and family.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Deedeecupcake

brimal wrote: »
    I see on his Boards profile his location says DCU/Wexford. Can someone please tell me the connection with Wexford?

I could post some posters on Wexford town bus station and surrounding areas if that will help? Is there a specific part of Wexford that he could visit?

I think that he's from Kilmore as far as I can remember as we had a mutual friend from there :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dohertm2

If he's into metal it would be worth posting on metalireland forum. As he may hang around fibbers, bruxelles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 adrianna_cerva

Have reposted through Facebook. Will echo what others have said Paul if you are reading and online do get in contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Mater Dei got the email this afternoon!

so at least thats more eyes and ears about the place!!

Hope he comes home soon!

I cant imagine what his family are going though! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭Gman1

Mater Dei got the email this afternoon!

so at least thats more eyes and ears about the place!!

Hope he comes home soon!

I cant imagine what his family are going though! :(

Has anyone checked the abandoned house across from the Eurospar? Or the fields behind the Esso on the Ballymun road? Id also check up around Ballymun, up towards Ikea and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Was he the type of person to just go wandering in the ballymun fields.
    Especially up around Ikea , he doesnt look like the type of chap thatd blend in around there.
    Id say hed of been found by now if he was there, theres alot of traffic there with kids on horses and stuff. Maybe the exam pressure got to him a bit and he just done bit of a runner for a while. I hope this is the case.
    I do however know very little about him and the fact that his family and friends started the search so quick means two things.
    1 Its not like him
    2 There was something up

If I went missing on a thursday nobody would think to look till maybe the following thursday.
    But hopefully hes reading this now and just feels a bit silly about turning up after all the kerfuffle. If this is the case just go home dude have a sleep itll all blow over in a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Have been reading some of Paul's Pygmalion posts and he seems to be quite an intelligent articulate young man, comes across as loving his course and had plans to do a masters degree after that, so that doesn't sound like someone who would be fed up with life. He also expressed how he was looking forward to the curriculum this year so this has to be a very frustrating time for his family. I also didn't get the impression that he would just disappear and have everyone worried about him, that he had a conscience and would not do that to his family. So the quicker he is found the better. He had an apartment and money for food so there is no need for him to wander the streets as homeless. Please God he will be found soon. Praying for him and his family. Come back soon Paul, you are missing a week of your course already and you don't want to quit while you are ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

Paul.jpg

This is another pic of Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

After much spamming, I have finally gotten former Ireland defender Paul McGrath to retweet the missing poster of Paul. He has a lot of followers approx. 40K and now it seems that a few of his followers are also retweeting it also.

If there's any boardsies on twitter. Spam all your friends and people you're following from Ireland to retweet about Paul.

https://twitter.com/#!/Paulmcgrath5

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

After much spamming, I have finally gotten former Ireland defender Paul McGrath to retweet the missing poster of Paul. He has a lot of followers approx. 40K and now it seems that a few of his followers are also retweeting it also.

If there's any boardsies on twitter. Spam all your friends and people you're following from Ireland to retweet about Paul.

https://twitter.com/#!/Paulmcgrath5

Have you tried Laura Whitmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

andyman wrote: »

I'll spam now!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Noelly

I got her to retweet it. Also got Miriam O'Callaghan, Allen Leech, Jeniffer Maguire, Lucy Kennedy, Pippa O'Connor, Jim Nugent, Daithi O'Se.. Got a few hundred retweets between all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Faders

Noelly wrote: »

I got her to retweet it. Also got Miriam O'Callaghan, Allen Leech, Jeniffer Maguire, Lucy Kennedy, Pippa O'Connor, Jim Nugent, Daithi O'Se.. Got a few hundred retweets between all of them

I see phantom 105.2 retweeted as did chris o'dowd. Maybe try AA road watch, Dublin Bus Crackbird etc, they tend to have a lot of followers too? Can be no harm..

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dietmar Hamann

Tweeted a few that I follow and got them to retweet along with some of their followers

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

So sorry to hear about Paul, fingers crossed he turns up a-ok! Afaik we at Trinity haven't gotten any email regarding his disappearance..yet anyways! Though I have seen numerous posts about it on facebook.

Over the last few days I've come to the conclusion that at a glance nearly every young man with long hair and a beard looks like Paul! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

dohertm2 wrote: »
    If he's into metal it would be worth posting on metalireland forum. As he may hang around fibbers, bruxelles etc.
    An MI regular is a friend of his and has started a thread already here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm in DIT and we haven't received any emails, it has been posted on the DITSU facebook though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Pigwidgeon wrote: »
    I'm in DIT and we haven't received any emails, it has been posted on the DITSU facebook though.

Thanks for letting us know, we'll see if we can get an email sent around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

If he's by any chance reading this, I hope he knows it might feel like its a huge drama to pick up a phone, but actually if he takes a deep breathe, summons the courage to let someone know he's ok, it'll be all good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Noelly wrote: »
    Well done Noelly, your efforts will be reward in this life or the next. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kel.lynch

Hi guys

I follow a lot of rugby players on twitter, retweeted on my own page and asked Cian Healy (big twitter user), Rob Kearney and Leinter Rugby to retweet. Will try more tomorrow.

I hope Paul is found safe and well very soon and comes back to DCU...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Hopefully Paul is just taking some time out to himself.

You would be surprised how many people feel like some taking a breather from all that built up stress that comes with college and stuff, or even just taking a gap to seperate oneself from the daily rigmarole of life in general.

If Paul does read this thread then I would suggest that maybe he could even just send a text to one of his mates or family, just to say that he needs a bit of space for a while and that all is ok.

It wouldn't be unusual for a fella to feel this way ! and no-one would blame him.

He may feel that it might be a little difficult and awkward to slot back into his old position.

If he does read this thread then Please dont feel like that, you might be surprised just how many people support you !

Fingers crossed that all works out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkhouser

I'm sure everything is being thought of and acted on but perhaps you could email youth hostels around the country and in the North too. Iirc there was a similar case last year where a young student took some time out for a few days at this time of the year without telling anyone, it turned out she was staying in a youth hostel in Clare.

Edit: also, the requests for info on some of the big news sites are a few days old now. It might be worth pushing to have them republished before the weekend. Catch the Friday idlers who might not usually pay much attention to online media.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What I find extraordinary is that if it wasn't for boards, I'd have heard nothing about Paul being missing. Granted I'm not the biggest reader of newspapers or don't regular see the TV news, but I've literally seen nothing, anywhere.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

What I find extraordinary is that if it wasn't for boards, I'd have heard nothing about Paul being missing. Granted I'm not the biggest reader of newspapers or don't regular see the TV news, but I've literally seen nothing, anywhere.

In fairness I have seen Paul's face being posted all over facebook and on more than one news sites plus on posters in town so I wouldn't say that that's fair

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm hoping Paul turns up safe and well. The Hen works in DCU and speaks very highly of him.

Will repost to my FB & twitter again.

3rd year CA are shortly doing INTRA placement, does anyone know if Paul had placement or had any scheduled interviews?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

Creadak wrote: »

In any case, he still couldn't have left the country as his passport was actually out of date

I didn't think you needed a passport to go to the UK. I presume CCTV at the air and ferry ports has been checked and the emails spread to UK unis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Gman1 wrote: »
    Has anyone checked the abandoned house across from the Eurospar? Or the fields behind the Esso on the Ballymun road? Id also check up around Ballymun, up towards Ikea and such.

Why exactly?

Advertisement