Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Just saw this now.

Would it be worth putting a sticky on all the regional forums?

Really hope he is found safe and well. Must be an awful time for his family and friends.

I really hope he is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

cosanostra wrote: »
    What was the small item he purchased in the shop? did he ask the assistant for change for bus or did he have a bus pass and can that be traced
    I think we've found out it was a packet of Chipsticks, those salt and vinegar flavoured things. They would be a common snack for him alright and unfortunately it doesn't really tell us much as he could have planned to eat them on the bus, in the park, back at his apartment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Just saw this on the ''Find Paull'' facebook page -
    ''If everyone could please put up even one poster, like and share it would mean so much to all Paul's family and friends! Thank you all so much for your continued support. ♥''

Here's the link to the facebook event, https://www.facebook.com/events/338278086212105/

Even if you're unable for whatever reason to put up posters, simply click ''attending'' as this will show up on your facebook page and is a simple and quick way of spreading word that Paul is still missing.

Be sure to share the event with your friends and encourage them to put up posters in their area (no matter where they live) and to click ''attending'' the event.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

The Gardai may find it very useful to have information on places to which Paul might have a connection, and where he might have gone. I'm thinking about places he may have lived, worked, or holidayed or visited friends regularly, and that may have been overlooked so far.

If anyone who knows Paul has any good, specific information like this, I'd urge them to pass it on to the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ginginshine

Im not sure if this is a feasible idea but has anyone canvassed the local barbers, hairdressers etc with pictures of Paul with all his hair ? A man with that amount of hair would surely be remembered. I was thinking he could have gotten rid of his hair and beard and suddenly be an unknown to the greater public and those who dont know him, just a thought .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I've shared on my FB page. Daughter and her friends in Sligo every evening for Rag Week and they will share link with their friends. No harm in spreading the search area.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BMTHian.

I was at the Kerrang tour on Saturday and in Dublin Sunday last his face looks familiar from one of the days, someone I may have walked past and took notice to maybe? Check with the security at the academy maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

BMTHian. wrote: »
    I was at the Kerrang tour on Saturday and in Dublin Sunday last his face looks familiar from one of the days, someone I may have walked past and took notice to maybe? Check with the security at the academy maybe?
    Very interesting you say that, because someone said that to us before about the Kerrang gig. I've gone into the Academy and got CCTV footage from them, and handed it into the Gardaí. They haven't gotten back to me since though, so if they have viewed it I guess they didn't find anything. I only viewed a small portion of the footage myself and I saw a guy with long hair and a beard but who definitely wasn't Paul; do you think that may have been the guy you saw? I'll ask the Gardaí for an update on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BMTHian.

Very interesting you say that, because someone said that to us before about the Kerrang gig. I've gone into the Academy and got CCTV footage from them, and handed it into the Gardaí. They haven't gotten back to me since though, so if they have viewed it I guess they didn't find anything. I only viewed a small portion of the footage myself and I saw a guy with long hair and a beard but who definitely wasn't Paul; do you think that may have been the guy you saw? I'll ask the Gardaí for an update on that.

To be honest I wouldn't know for certain, I just recognised the picture as I believe I saw someone like that queing at the gig, although it being a rock gig alot of people have long hair and beards? The person I walked past resembled him I think it was on Abbey street that I walked past him, and I don't think he was with anyone?
    Hope this helps and I hope he is found safe and well.

P.s there was a guy on the bus sunday I only saw him from behind and he had dark long hair on the 5:45 dublin-sligo bus, not saying it woulf be him because at that rate you could be questioning every second person? But Could it be possible he went for rag week there or anywhere like that? Or even if he has friends there or something?
    Once again, trying to give you new ways of going about the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Was Paul not the subject of an assault last year on the road between the hub and eurospar? (open to correction) If so there's a possibility, however slim, that the same people might have been involved - was anyone arrested/questioned over last year's incident?
    Met the guy early in my 1st year, nice guy and very funny. Hope he turns up safe and sound :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

really hope he turns up, never knew paul but cant stop thinking bout it, ill put a few posters up round kinseally/swords, and ballyboden on sat... someone has to know summit

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

really hope he turns up, never knew paul but cant stop thinking bout it, ill put a few posters up round kinseally/swords, and ballyboden on sat... someone has to know summit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I added this to the Efest Discussions forum mainly to Irish people scouring the Sonisphere and Download threads, as quite a lot of Irish folk post on these forums, anything to help track this guy. Like other posters mention I have never ever been asked for an ID at the Larne to Stranraer ferry crossing to Scotland. http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/167802-for-irish-posters-missing-dcu-student-paul-bunbury/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

To be honest I wouldn't know for certain, I just recognised the picture as I believe I saw someone like that queing at the gig, although it being a rock gig alot of people have long hair and beards? The person I walked past resembled him I think it was on Abbey street that I walked past him, and I don't think he was with anyone?
    Hope this helps and I hope he is found safe and well.

P.s there was a guy on the bus sunday I only saw him from behind and he had dark long hair on the 5:45 dublin-sligo bus, not saying it woulf be him because at that rate you could be questioning every second person? But Could it be possible he went for rag week there or anywhere like that? Or even if he has friends there or something?
    Once again, trying to give you new ways of going about the search.

In fairness, a lot of metalheads look like him, long black hair, beard, glasses etc.

Mate of mine is the spits of him for instance.

Anyway, hope this is resolved soon. Can't imagine what the family is going through.
    Have stuck his picture up on my Facebook anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I did up a kind of a banner signature to try and get his face seen by as many people as possible. Someone, somewhere knows something. The more people know he's officially a Missing Person, the better.

Feel free to use the banner as a sig if you want. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions. If you want to use the line of text underneath it too, you'll need to put the tag [noparse] before the word "To" and [/noparse] after the very last bracket in the sentence after the /IMG that faces inward like this"]". It prevents the system from putting the picture there too!

If anyone has any problems just let me know, and here's hoping he'll walk through the door soon and say "What was all the fuss about?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Shield wrote: »
    I did up a kind of a banner signature to try and get his face seen by as many people as possible. Someone, somewhere knows something. The more people know he's officially a Missing Person, the better.

Feel free to use the banner as a sig if you want. Just click on the link below and follow the instructions. If you want to use the line of text underneath it too, you'll need to put the tag [noparse] before the word "To" and [/noparse] after the very last bracket in the sentence after the /IMG that faces inward like this"]". It prevents the system from putting the picture there too!

If anyone has any problems just let me know, and here's hoping he'll walk through the door soon and say "What was all the fuss about?"

Hadn't really thought about it like that, but this is certainly not a time to be maintaining loyalties. If anyone needs to come forward with any info the sooner they do the better. Any plans he was making that he may have mentionned or any little detail he may have spoke of, anything however small may in some way help. I hope he comes home soon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Nice banner, Shield.

Small correction though: DCU is in Dublin 9, not Dublin 4!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Just a thought, has the eurospar CCTV footage been uploaded to YouTube and shared around so people can see his exact appearance at the moment he went missing?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

kizzykim wrote: »
    i'm new here and i'm not a student at DCU but a student at
    Maynooth in Co. Kildare and pauls picture and details were sent
    to all the students past and present...
    hope this helps and i hope he's found soon...

kizzykim

Anyone organised putting up posters around the town?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I work in Revenue in limerick and we receieved an email about Paul this morning, his mother is in the public sector in wexford, i'm assuming this is been forwarded to all public sector offices. Hope Paul is found safe and sound soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Hope Paul turns up safe and sound.

Is there any record of what he bought in Eurospar?

Could be an indication of his next moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I went into Wexford town a few days ago to put up a few posters of Paul in the Wexford bus station (he's from Wexford so just in case he returned there)

There was already posters up there but I put another few around anyway. I went into the local internet cafe (the only one in town) to print the posters and the owner said people had been in there the day before printing posters too. So at least the only internet cafe in Wexford town knows about him and what he looks like, just in case Paul goes here to use the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

brimal wrote: »
    I went into Wexford town a few days ago to put up a few posters of Paul in the Wexford bus station (he's from Wexford so just in case he returned there)

There was already posters up there but I put another few around anyway. I went into the local internet cafe (the only one in town) to print the posters and the owner said people had been in there the day before printing posters too. So at least the only internet cafe in Wexford town knows about him and what he looks like, just in case Paul goes here to use the internet.

If he comes to wexford bus station chances are he may use the internet in the library (more people use the internet there) as that Internet cafe isn't that close to the station, Is there any posters in the library ? Maybe a good idea to put one up there if not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 derder

I will drop some posters there . Any more suggestions of where in Wexford we could put up the posters ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

I presume a lot of the Ballymun area has been postered? If not I can get a family member who works there to put a few up and spread the word

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

as a poster said above there are lots of people around that look like Paul, so don't want to be providing false hope, but I saw a guy the image of Paul down in Waterford during the week waiting at a bus stop in the Johns Park area. He was however wearing a big hat which would be fairly distinctive by people who knew Paul. The only hat I could find was similar is the one below, I think the one the guy was wearing was tan? and maybe bigger?

Terry-Pratchett-in-a-big--007.jpg
    Terry-Pratchett-in-a-big--007.jpg&w=460&h=276&ei=XyM1T86oEJGFhQednuwl&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=357&vpy=153&dur=324&hovh=174&hovw=290&tx=137&ty=80&sig=108580057621340819018&page=4&tbnh=132&tbnw=163&start=93&ndsp=34&ved=1t:429,r:27,s:93

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi everyone,

I am after seeing a guy fitting Paul's basic description walking outside John Doyles pub on the North Circular road at 2:10.

I didnt get to see his nor take a picture this time as I am on the bus home but the bits I seen was glasses anyway, not fully sure of facial hair, as he caught the corner of my eye and we had passed him by the time I had really noticed.
    And to be honest the more I thought of it the more I forget and can't remember of love or money if he long hair, but I think he did as I think thats what drew my attension to him.

Also he was also wearing a beige jacket.

Hope it might help some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Is there a link to his missing persons poster so it can be printed out?

I noticed one of his posters in Monaghan bus station and now I'm back in Donegal was going to put one up in the Letterkenny bus station. Is there a link that I could print it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Is there a link to his missing persons poster so it can be printed out?

I noticed one of his posters in Monaghan bus station and now I'm back in Donegal was going to put one up in the Letterkenny bus station. Is there a link that I could print it out?

http://cube.netsoc.tcd.ie/bunbun.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Mr_Mister

Can we make sure there are posters up at all busstops near dcu especiallyat stops for buses if they go up\down ballymun road later on journey.u

Home farm road. Dorset st.

St mobhi rd.

Drumcondra,
    phibsboro and ballymun townlands

Griffith avenue.

and the busstops on the ballymun road. It is a long road.

Thanks

Advertisement