Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

All posts related to the incorrect information posted by user lorcan122 have been removed. This is just to avoid any confusion for future readers of the thread. Please double check your sources before you post any official information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I see on his Boards profile his location says DCU/Wexford. Can someone please tell me the connection with Wexford?

I could post some posters on Wexford town bus station and surrounding areas if that will help? Is there a specific part of Wexford that he could visit?

brimal wrote: »
    I see on his Boards profile his location says DCU/Wexford. Can someone please tell me the connection with Wexford?

I could post some posters on Wexford town bus station and surrounding areas if that will help? Is there a specific part of Wexford that he could visit?

His hometown is Wexford. He's been attending DCU for 3 years but still spends holidays etc. in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

Do you know any specific areas or is it Wexford town? I'll put up a few posters in Wexford town bus station anyway in case he might have come down this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Anyone with Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/malakai_carri/status/166624250235600896

Retweet that for me.. Just trying to spread the word about tomorrow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Still haven't received any emails from Pats SU. I've posted it on their Facebook page but it might be a good idea to email the SU President and get him to send an email around to all students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atl4ntys

Carri wrote: »
    Anyone with Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/malakai_carri/status/166624250235600896

Retweet that for me.. Just trying to spread the word about tomorrow. :)

Retweeted that and posted your message + his pic on my Google plus as well http://gplus.to/OviTech , but I think there's a better chance in finding him if his parents, friends and close classmates would meet up with a behavioural analysis psychologist (and the gardai). That way, they would be able to share all info they know about him and build a profile and a lead based on his recent interests/state of mind/goals. The sharing of information between people he trusts and interacted with in the past month is paramount in a case like this. Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

atl4ntys wrote: »
    Retweeted that and posted your message + his pic on my Google plus as well http://gplus.to/OviTech , but I think there's a better chance in finding him if his parents, friends and close classmates would meet up with a behavioural analysis psychologist (and the gardai). That way, they would be able to share all info they know about him and build a profile and a lead based on his recent interests/state of mind/goals. The sharing of information between people he trusts and interacted with in the past month is paramount in a case like this. Just my 2 cents.
    His family and close friends are working very closely together and exploring every avenue. However, it's an interesting point you raise about meeting with a behavioural analyst.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Has he not been picked up on any more CCTV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 atl4ntys

His family and close friends are working very closely together and exploring every avenue. However, it's an interesting point you raise about meeting with a behavioural analyst.

I used to work for an agency connected with law enforcement and I sort of have an idea how these things work, but his family and friends really need to push the gards to provide such support. For them this is not national threat level so it has to be pushed up on their priority list to assign more resources.
    In parallel with the official efforts, his family should try to find a private investigator witch such a speciality and work on all probabilities. But I guess this idea would already be in motion. Hope for the best!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

atl4ntys wrote: »
    I used to work for an agency connected with law enforcement and I sort of have an idea how these things work, but his family and friends really need to push the gards to provide such support. For them this is not national threat level so it has to be pushed up on their priority list to assign more resources.

Trust me, this is what we have been doing. We're lucky in that we also have DCU on our side, their security dept has also been keeping up communications with Gardaí.

We are pushing the Gardaí to do as much as they can and they are generally being great, but of course as fast as things are progressing we wish they could progress faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

Have they enquired further up the road? Around the Garda station and Axis Centre up at Supervalu and Tesco? I was reliably informed before that there are cameras everywhere around there, would he have had any reason to head up that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

Still haven't received any emails from Pats SU. I've posted it on their Facebook page but it might be a good idea to email the SU President and get him to send an email around to all students.

I have family working in Pats. I asked one of them earlier to see if they could get an email sent around in the morning. I hope she doesn't forget, but I have asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I posted about this in the Electric Picnic forum, can put one up in the Oxegen forum too, the more people that see it the better chance of finding this guy.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I'm not related or anything, but noted the Wexford connection. Has anyone contacted Wexford Bus or put anything on their Facebook page? The drivers usually know regulars and regulars tend to notice each other.
    http://www.wexfordbus.ie/
    Just a thought.
    Hope all turns out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Wexlady44

Hi everyone,

I've been reading through this and other threads. The good wishes and support for Paul's family and friends has been wonderful.

I just want to let you know that the Gardai are doing everything and checking everything. They have been in touch with all of the companies and organisation mentioned here and on other threads and are looking at everything in fine detail.

Can I just ask that people do not post rumours or speculation on here or any other media/network. Inaccurate or unconfirmed information can only serve to hamper the investigation.

Any information, no matter how trivial you may think it is should be given to the Gardai at Whitehall (01 6664500) or any Garda station.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Perhaps somebody could post up Paul's missing person notice on all the other third level college boards sites - Trinity, UCD, UCC, NUI Galway and the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Perhaps somebody could post up Paul's missing person notice on all the other third level college boards sites - Trinity, UCD, UCC, NUI Galway and the rest.

One of his friends sat down yesterday and emailed the colleges asking them to email their students and staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Is there any clue as to why Paul may have wanted to disappear that might lead us to where he is, or is this just a total random disappearance. Did he like the course he was doing ? Did he have girlfriend trouble? Did he have any other issues that might give us a clue as to how is mind was working at the time. Was his mobile found in his apartment or elsewhere? Sorry for asking so many questions but unless we know the answers it is hard to suggest anything. Really hoping that Paul turns up soon safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I have it up on my face book.

My son is the same age.All I can think about is his poor parents.
    I know, and I speak as a mam, that no matter what is going on in pauls life right now, no matter what it is that he thinks he may have done, or didnt do, his parents and friends , and family dont care , they just want you home
    .So paul, if your reading his RING HOME, if you dont want to, ring a friend but get in contact.

Things are never as bad as you think.People love you and care about you.So get in touch.

Poster up in skerries .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

I'm new to Boards so if this doesn't make sense/cant be done just ignore it - but is there any way to get this thread stickied so that it appears at the front page of Boards?

Or have it appear as a Boards.ie announcement?

If it's possible, hopefully more Boards.ie visitors would spot it and this would spread the word even furthur.

Just an idea!

Eod100 wrote: »
    I'm new to Boards so if this doesn't make sense/cant be done just ignore it - but is there any way to get this thread stickied so that it appears at the front page of Boards?

Or have it appear as a Boards.ie announcement?

If it's possible, hopefully more Boards.ie visitors would spot it and this would spread the word even furthur.

Just an idea!

1st question: No. It can only be stickied so it appears on the front page of a forum, not the whole site.

2nd question: There already is a site-wide announcement in place that links directly to this thread :)

Konata wrote: »
    1st question: No. It can only be stickied so it appears on the front page of a forum, not the whole site.

2nd question: There already is a site-wide announcement in place that links directly to this thread :)

Thanks for the quick response!

Is there any way of getting an announcement to appear on the front page of the site? Like the 2 announcements currently there now (one on Sean Sherlock and the other about Advert Jobs)

I'm not sure about other Boards users but personally I have a habit of checking out the front page first and specifically the announcements, so could help with drawing more eyes to the situation.

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response!

Is there any way of getting an announcement to appear on the front page of the site? Like the 2 announcements currently there now (one on Sean Sherlock and the other about Advert Jobs)

I'm not sure about other Boards users but personally I have a habit of checking out the front page first and specifically the announcements, so could help with drawing more eyes to the situation.

I'm not sure. It'd have to be brought up with an admin which it was, in the Mod forum. The result was the current site wide announcement which appears at the top of the other forum. I never check the front page so didn't even know there was an announcements thing there >_< I'll ask in the forum though.

Konata wrote: »
    I'm not sure. It'd have to be brought up with an admin which it was, in the Mod forum. The result was the current site wide announcement which appears at the top of the other forum. I never check the front page so didn't even know there was an announcements thing there >_< I'll ask in the forum though.

I only saw just there that the announcement appears over every fourm on the site. I hadn't noticed it because I had only been checking this fourm for updates. That should direct alot of users to the thread.

It could be worth pm-ing Dav the community manager to see if he'd be able to put an announcement up on the front page.

His page is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?username=Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kizzykim

i'm new here and i'm not a student at DCU but a student at
    Maynooth in Co. Kildare and pauls picture and details were sent
    to all the students past and present...
    hope this helps and i hope he's found soon...

kizzykim

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Aoifums wrote: »
    I have family working in Pats. I asked one of them earlier to see if they could get an email sent around in the morning. I hope she doesn't forget, but I have asked.

I'm a student in Pats and we got an email today at about 2.30 which also included a link to the boards forum. Hopefully he's safe and is found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

A quick question for anyone here that knows him, does he ever wear a hat??

Werid question but I seen a man at the bus stop accross from Fagans pub, Drumcondra Road Lower, the one heading towards the city centre at 3:10pm this afternoon.

Didn't get a brilliant look as he was beside another man and there was some traffic, but took a quick picture, hence the bad quality along with a crap phone.

But I have a feeling it's not him, but sure no harm in throwing it out there.

A quick question for anyone here that knows him, does he ever wear a hat??

Werid question but I seen a man at the bus stop accross from Fagans pub, Drumcondra Road Lower, the one heading towards the city centre at 3:10pm this afternoon.

Didn't get a brilliant look as he was beside another man and there was some traffic, but took a quick picture, hence the bad quality along with a crap phone.

But I have a feeling it's not him, but sure no harm in throwing it out there.

Not him unfortunately but thanks for going to the effort of taking a photo and keeping an eye out. Definitely appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Faders

Not him unfortunately but thanks for going to the effort of taking a photo and keeping an eye out. Definitely appreciated :)[/Quote]

Does he always wear his glasses? Or does he have any mates based in North inner city?

Pretty sure it wasn't him and the guys beard was a lot shorter. But saw a guy grey jacket, wooly beanie, navy type suede trainers walking towards town with another guy in his early 20's.

As I said I'm pretty sure it wasn't him but just thought I would throw it out there.

My thoughts are with Paul's friends and family and I'm praying that he returns safely soon.

Hopefully Paul looks on here and realises how much he is loved and how many people how don't know him are helping and hoping for a safe return. That says something about a guy who I have no doubt is a lovely lad and well respected and loved by his peers and friends alike.

Please God Paul will come home soon.

Advertisement