Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Paul Bunbury - Respectful posts only please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Can anyone from DCU confirm whether they received an all student email about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Eod100 wrote: »
    Can anyone from DCU confirm whether they received an all student email about this?

Yup.

Konata wrote: »
    Yup.

Great.

I just wasnt sure if people had cos I just checked my DCU email there and didnt receive an email about it. I think its to do with the fact that I recently dropped out so chances are my email has been taken off the mailing lists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Dav (boards community manager) has sent out a tweet about him.

https://twitter.com/#!/boards_ie/status/166492660012556288

If you're on the twitters a retweet wouldn't go amiss, hope he's found alive and well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Someone on the Facebook page for Paul said a man fitting Paul's description was seen at a gig in The Academy last night and was approached by several people. The information has been passed on to the Gardaí. Hopefully something might come of the CCTV footage.

I hate stories like these. I hope it all turns out OK. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

DCU Oscail students haven't get the email yet. As distance learners they may be on a separate list. There's about 1,000 Oscail students I think. They wouldn't be on campus that much but most would live in Dublin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,577 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I hope he is found safe and well. I presume people have been able to take a look at his last online posts and emails to perhaps give a clue as to what his intentions might have been before he disappeared.

Also, it might be useful to generate an image of Paul without the long hair and facial hair in case he has changed his appearance.

Here's hoping that he is found safe and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I hope and pray that Paul is OK :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

This was posted on the Facebook page

Message from Mark Humphrys -

Dear friends of Paul Bunbury
    I saw you on the "Find Paul Bunbury" facebook page.
    I need your assistance.
    I don't use facebook, so could you upload this information for me to that page.

I am a lecturer in Paul Bunbury's department (Computing).
    I have got the ok to release Paul Bunbury's exam results, in case it helps with finding him.

He passed all 6 modules.
    There are no issues.

Just thought I'd throw this up here to see if it helps in any way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I hope he is found safe and well. I presume people have been able to take a look at his last online posts and emails to perhaps give a clue as to what his intentions might have been before he disappeared.

Also, it might be useful to generate an image of Paul without the long hair and facial hair in case he has changed his appearance.

Here's hoping that he is found safe and well.
    As a frequent enough poster there myself, Paul once posted a picture of himself clean shaven in the Clearasil and Hormones forum if my memory serves me correctly. Worth a look there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

This was posted on the Facebook page

Message from Mark Humphrys -

Dear friends of Paul Bunbury
    I saw you on the "Find Paul Bunbury" facebook page.
    I need your assistance.
    I don't use facebook, so could you upload this information for me to that page.

I am a lecturer in Paul Bunbury's department (Computing).
    I have got the ok to release Paul Bunbury's exam results, in case it helps with finding him.

He passed all 6 modules.
    There are no issues.

Just thought I'd throw this up here to see if it helps in any way

What a nice thought Clondalphian, thanks for this.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Really hope he is found safe and well!

He posted these pictures of himself in C+H, both with and without beard, which might help in case his appearance has changed.
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Before:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=129651&stc=1&d=1286068356

During (after a trim):
    attachment.php?attachmentid=129652&stc=1&d=1286068356

After (and soaked):
    attachment.php?attachmentid=129653&stc=1&d=1286068356

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 noope

Might be worth putting up posters in internet cafes around Dublin/beyond, particularly if he likes his internet/computers.

I remember a girl went missing last year and didn't realise the extent of the search for her until she popped in to an internet cafe and went on the net.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bjb_

Was shocked to hear this. Paul is such a great guy. Really hope he's OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭karkar athlete

Hi

So sorry to hear about this and hope he is found safe and well.

But I am a student in Pat's and we (well I haven't) received any sort of email regarding Paul's disapperance. Just to let you know, so it might be worth sending something onto the president of the SU in Pats, or something to get the word around.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Exuberant

http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-issue-separate-appeals-for-two-missing-persons-346771-Feb2012/?utm_source=shortlink

http://i.imgur.com/VlHPq.jpg

I just wanted to point out that the description of what Paul was wearing the day he went missing is slightly different in both of the above articles.
    I really hope Paul is found safe and well, I used to know him, he is a very nice person. Best of luck to everyone searching.

Exuberant wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-issue-separate-appeals-for-two-missing-persons-346771-Feb2012/?utm_source=shortlink

http://i.imgur.com/VlHPq.jpg

I just wanted to point out that the description of what Paul was wearing the day he went missing is slightly different in both of the above articles.
    I really hope Paul is found safe and well, I used to know him, he is a very nice person. Best of luck to everyone searching.

The Journal.ie article has the same information as the press release on the Garda.ie site http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=8723&Lang=1 .

I'm not sure if that means the Journal.ie article is correct though.

According to the flyer he was last seen wearing ''a black hoodie, blue jeans and runners'' .

According to the Garda site and The Journal.ie site he was last seen wearing a ''grey casual jacket, blue jeans, and a blue t-shirt.''

Best thing to do is keep an eye out for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

The Journal.ie article has the same information as the press release on the Garda.ie site http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=8723&Lang=1 .

I'm not sure if that means the Journal.ie article is correct though.

According to the flyer he was last seen wearing ''a black hoodie, blue jeans and runners'' .

According to the Garda site and The Journal.ie site he was last seen wearing a ''grey casual jacket, blue jeans, and a blue t-shirt.''

Best thing to do is keep an eye out for him!

We are a bit confused about that because even the CCTV footage from DCU isn't clear on it. He was definitely wearing a grey jacket which obscured whatever he was wearing underneath. It does look a bit more like he was wearing a blue t-shirt underneath it, going by the footage. However, he very often wears his black RedBrick hoodie so that's a possibility too.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭scooby2791

Didn't know Paul but one of my friends is friends with him as they are in the same college course, was just on the phone to my dad about it who is in the Gardaí and he suggested heading to the bank Paul used so - If anyone here has contact with his parents or siblings tell them to head down to the banks in which Paul had accounts and they should be able to pull up all information regarding his latest transactions from banks and atm machines, that will give locations of when they were last used and hopefully he has just decided to head off for a while or something. Also suggest to the Gardaí to use the mobile phone towers as they will be able to give an approximate location of where his phone was located before being turned off, again giving an area to search. The above method was used while searching for a friend of mine, it worked but unfortunately it was too late.

Just to note, only Pauls immediate family are to approach the banks as they are the only ones who will be allowed access to any of his information, they may also need to bring some sort of I.D (passport etc) and proof of address - not fact but better to be prepared

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

scooby2791 wrote: »
    Didn't know Paul but one of my friends is friends with him as they are in the same college course, was just on the phone to my dad about it who is in the Gardaí and he suggested heading to the bank Paul used so - If anyone here has contact with his parents or siblings tell them to head down to the banks in which Paul had accounts and they should be able to pull up all information regarding his latest transactions from banks and atm machines, that will give locations of when they were last used and hopefully he has just decided to head off for a while or something. Also suggest to the Gardaí to use the mobile phone towers as they will be able to give an approximate location of where his phone was located before being turned off, again giving an area to search. The above method was used while searching for a friend of mine, it worked but unfortunately it was too late.

Just to note, only Pauls immediate family are to approach the banks as they are the only ones who will be allowed access to any of his information, they may also need to bring some sort of I.D (passport etc) and proof of address - not fact but better to be prepared

Hope this helps!
    only the gards will be able to do any of that scooby.

hope he's ok

• Advertisement

We are a bit confused about that because even the CCTV footage from DCU isn't clear on it. He was definitely wearing a grey jacket which obscured whatever he was wearing underneath. It does look a bit more like he was wearing a blue t-shirt underneath it, going by the footage. However, he very often wears his black RedBrick hoodie so that's a possibility too.

Thanks for clearing that up, evercloserunion !

Hope Paul comes home safe

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I don't know Paul personally but know people in DCU that would know him.

I talked to the administrators in my office and I think that they're going to put up some posters around so hopefully that will spread some awareness. I might try my other workplaces as well in case someone has happened to see him.

I came across this in a thread about a gig I was in on Sat, don't know if anymore has been found on this.
    Hi guys, you may have heard about Paul Bunbury, a 19-year old DCU student, going missing: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056539301

Well, someone mentioned that their son and daughter had seen someone fitting his description at this gig at the Academy on Saturday night. So we're looking for any information people might have in connection with that.

Paul is average height, has long brown hair and a beard, generally wears glasses but he may have taken them off on the night. More info is available at the link above or at http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/community/news/04-02-2012/11/Missing+Member.

If you saw someone who looks like Paul, or even think you may have seen such a person, please contact Whitehall Garda Station at 016664500 and/or leave a message on the dedicated Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Paul-Bunbury/344019265618990.

Thanks a million guys.

Have there been any other updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

Does Paul go to Fibbers on Parnell St ?

I was there on Wed 1/2/12 obviously before he went missing and could of sworn I saw someone that looked like him, thought I'd say so in case nobody knew.

Did he usually go there ?

Hope the chap turns up safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭evercloserunion

Does Paul go to Fibbers on Parnell St ?

I was there on Wed 1/2/12 obviously before he went missing and could of sworn I saw someone that looked like him, thought I'd say so in case nobody knew.

Did he usually go there ?

Hope the chap turns up safe.

It would be a regular enough spot of his yeah, I'll check to see if he was there. I have handed his flyer in to Fibbers though and they have my number, they were really nice and helpful.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭thecornflake

It would be a regular enough spot of his yeah, I'll check to see if he was there. I have handed his flyer in to Fibbers though and they have my number, they were really nice and helpful.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions so far.

Can't say for sure if it was him as I had a few drinks on me, just thought I'd let you guys know. If I remember correctly, the person I saw was on his phone out the back in the smoking area on his own for about 5 ish minutes.

Good luck in the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 supine

don't know the guy but know a friend or 2 of his in passing. hope he is found well.

i presume hospitals have been checked for any unidentified people found in the last few days, maybe someone who got hurt and hasn't been able to identify themselves.

just a suggestion aswell, given what i've read here and from facebook, is it possible he switched his phone off, and didn't take a bank card with him for security if he was going to occupy dame street for a few days? may be a stupid idea but you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭goodgodholmes

Hi guys, really hope this guy is found. I know him to see from around the SU when I was in DCU, seemed like a nice guy.

I haven't said anything before now because I'm almost certain it wasn't him, and I didn't want to give anyone false hope/waste time on a most-likely dud lead, but thought I'd post this here anyway in case there is any CCTV footage to be looked at as a result of it.

Walking from Grafton Street towards Merrion Square via Nassau Street on Saturday afternoon, I saw a man with long hair, glasses and a beard. He was walking the opposite way, as if towards Grafton Street. I bumped into him just before I reached Merrion Square, at around the same point that the long railing along the Trinity College grounds stops at the Dental Hospital but on the other side of the road. You could say he matched Paul's description, but he was definitely taller than 5'10 (I would guess about 6 foot) and was walking with a male friend, (who was wearing a beanie hat and had at least one of his ears pierced, was a good bit shorter than the guy with the long hair) who I assume would have come forward by now.

As I say, I'm almost certain it wasn't him, and the only reason I'm posting it is just in case there is any sort of lead coming from it, and to officially rule it out, so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Carri

Planning on organising a group of people to head to city centre tomorrow with some flyers..

Hanging about the busstops from DCU and maybe around the spire for a short time at about 3-4..

Just waiting to hear back from people who are free to organise the group. (Meet everyone, collect flyers etc)

Meet Albert Park side of DCU Hub @ 3pm. We'll be taking the bus to town - 3:15pm at the latest.
    Hopefully we'll have enough people to have some by the bus stops and some by the spire.
    Feel free to PM me if you wish to meet in city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Have the gardai done a "ping" on his phone---it lets them see where he used his phone last...

Does anyone know his email password? Emails sometimes show the user's most recent login IP address, could help locate him...

What about his facebook page? Any talk of traveling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Shared the infos and a little appeal on facebook and re-twitted...
    Really hope all turns up to be ok soon.

Advertisement