Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 4th February 2012

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Still watching BBC!

60's TOTP's Dusty Springfield :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

amdublin wrote: »
    Still watching BBC!

60's TOTP's Dusty Springfield :rolleyes:

Loving it !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

hondasam wrote: »
    :D
    Bet you were not laughing at the time. Did you get the ladder back?
    MrsD007 wrote: »
    I just want to know how long he was waiting on top of the roof before someone came along with another ladder?? :D

It was the roof of the local community centre so I rang the parish priest on my mobile. He had a pretty good idea about who took the ladder so he convinced them to bring it back. I still get flashbacks. I should've sued them for PTSD. :D

It was the roof of the local community centre so I rang the parish priest on my mobile. He had a pretty good idea about who took the ladder so he convinced them to bring it back. I still get flashbacks. I should've sued them for PTSD. :D

I would love to have seen a reconstruction on Crimeline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Skid wrote: »

So would I, if it meant that I could meet Grainne Seoige. ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Here's Harry waiting for the Parish Priest and the ladder to turn up :D

Flood_Insurance.gif

I'd like to dedicate this one to Harry ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Aoife9 wrote: »
    She is a stunning looking gal just beautiful! She's coming across really nice and down to earth.
    Her voice is very severe on the ears, she's boring and she has no arse.

Brendan O'Connor's Saturday Night Show outbid the LLS to secure an interview with Racehorse owner, Peter Casey last night. The LLS wanted to do a little piece where Ryan would have a little chat with him in the audience, while the SNS offered to have him chauffeur driven to Dublin as well as giving him a proper guest slot on the show. I really wished they hadn't bothered, what a waste of licence payers money.
    RTE shows fighting over guests, but deny a bidding war

RTE has denied that its top chat shows are using licence payers money in a bidding war over guests.

In an interview in yesterday's Irish Daily Mail, racehourse owner Peter Casey claimed Brendan O'Connor's Saturday Night Show had outbid the Late Late Show to secure an interview with him.

Mr Casey became an internet sensation last week following bady comments to Tracy Piggott on RTE news. Mr Casey said he initially agreed to go on the Late Late Show: "Tubridy was going to have me in the audience and run up the steps - you know the way he does - and ask a few questions. And the audience would get prizes and we would stay overnight in a hotel".

Then, however, Mr Casey said the Saturday Night Show made a more attractive offer - including being chauffeured to Dublin.

"Brendan O'Connor was giving us more seats and they were giving us a slot and sending cars and everything for us," Mr Casey revealed.He admitted his change of heart infuriated Tubridy's team saying: "The Late Late rang then and they were annoyed we went with the other crowd."

His story raised the bizarre prospect that the shows were using increasing amounts of viewers' money to compete against each other for the same guests.
    However, an RTE inside said the the shows were unaware they were both attempting to have the couple on the show.

One show contacted Mr Casey while the other spoke to his wife, with each of them agreeing to go on two separate shows.The couple later realised their mistake, the source said.

An RTE spokesman said: We don't comment on the editorial process behind our shows."

By Niamh Walsh
    The Irish Mail on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Just read in a paper that the SNS production team listened to mcsavages warm up routine and pulled the plug on him!! Strange considering the comedy they usually have is pretty ****e to begin with.

• Advertisement

Just read in a paper that the SNS production team listened to mcsavages warm up routine and pulled the plug on him!! Strange considering the comedy they usually have is pretty ****e to begin with.

I see an article in The Herald about it ...
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/risky-comic-mcsavages-routine-dropped-from-saturday-night-3010857.html
    OUTLANDISH comic David McSavage had his performance on the Saturday Night Show axed because it "wasn't up to scratch", said the producer.
    The comedian has branded RTE as boring after his stand-up routine was dropped from Brendan O'Connor's chatshow.
    The Savage Eye creator McSavage, who was hoping to promote an upcoming Vicar Street gig, said: "The producer said to me 'They will be tuning out in their thousands'.
    "I was taken aback. I've tried and tested the routine before. They felt I was going to offend. They're a bit stuffy, I think they've a policy which is kind of boring."
    But the show's producer Larry Masterson has insisted the reason McSavage was dropped was because he just "wasn't up to scratch".
    Mr Masterson said McSavage had "ignored" their requests for him to come in and rehearse the slot.
    He added: "We gave him seven weeks' warning."
    Liveline host Joe Duffy recently slammed RTE bosses for broadcasting The Savage Eye. Duffy condemned the show which portrayed him as a "sexual pervert".
    Duffy is lampooned as a leather-clad sado-masochist who derives pleasure from his callers' misery.
    The show has also ridiculed other stars such as Miriam O'Callaghan and comedian Des Bishop.

No loss in my opinion, McSavage is a Muppet and would have added nothing to the Programme. Hopefully he won't be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

No loss in my opinion, McSavage is a Muppet and would have added nothing to the Programme. Hopefully he won't be back.

I wouldnt just stop with him.. Get rid of his brother, Barry Andrews, his cousins, Ryan and Garrett Tubridy,..... the whole lot of his FF cronies..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Sounds like they booked mcsavage and they got him....how could they expect any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'd say Paddy would be great craic to go for a few pints with.:)

In the early stages of drinking, until he got silly drunk and flew off the handle at something he imagined you said

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm so shocked to hear that. He's fantastic. I love his abrasive, confrontational style. He was great on the Vincent Browne Friday show. He'll never be on the Late Late during Tubridy's tenure. His cousin won't want to be embarrassed by him. The Saturday Night show was the only platform for him. I'm gutted. Irish telly is too stage managed and bland now. No decent rows anywhere !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

McSavage's show was great at the way it wound up certain people. They guy is obviously unhinged to come out with the stuff he does. IMO shame his show was cancelled.

With regard to Georgia Salpa anybody who thinks she is not gorgeous is mentally ill. Ask any girl and they will rightfully tell you of her beauty.

Her dress was great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

Who will be on the show tonight?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

No one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

no one, it s off as the IFTA s are on, so lots of looking at dresses and bad tan ahead:D

Boo - I was waiting for someone to start a thread for the non-existant 'Saturday Night Show - 11 February 2012'

Bumping an old SNS thread isn't the same . :(

• Advertisement

so who's going to start IFTa thread??

Lisha wrote: »
    so who's going to start IFTa thread??

MrsD was on the ball, Lisha

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056545834

THanks Skid, I missed that;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Whats tonight's line up? hope there not in the canteen again!

Advertisement