Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC on FOX 2 play by play [Channel info in post 2] - SPOILERS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

I hope this is a draw and Diaz vs Condit gets cancelled next week so we can watch a rematch of this! In fact, make it a triple threat with Damian Maia!

Diaz/Condit is next week? That news is the highlight of my night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Damn that was boring, if you can't be arsed wit the UFC pop over to After Hours, some lunatic who is high up on Boards has a Q&A thread and is answering all sorts of sick shiit ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sheehy83 wrote: »
    i'm just after seeing you can pick what camera to watch it trhough on ufc.tv, thats cklass

that seems more impressive that the main even (sorry if im bashing the card too much)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

WTF?!?!?1?

DAVIS WAS ROBBED!!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

nice and sleepy after that, g'nite lads. gotta get out of here before i hear jones spouting on about crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

im off aswell good talking to ya lads

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Fair to say every fight on Man of War tonight was more entertaining than any of the 3 televised fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Dean09 wrote: »
    Not a good event tonight at all.

I'd say the bonuses for tonight will be:

Sub of the night: Oliveira

KO of the night: Swanson

Fight of the night: Dunham-v-Lentz

Although there wasn't a hell of a lot to choose from.

Very close well done.

Dana White @danawhite
    Sub of the Night Oliveira, KO Lavar Johnson, FON Dunham vs. Lentz. Each guy gets $65k. Congrats guys!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Finally a fight the judges couldn't give a crazy round to lol...

Jones couldn't stop himself laughing at Evans in the commentary!

None of the "of the nights" will go to the main events... Which says a lot.

Nn all, I know what I'll be writing my Setanta blog about tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DeVore wrote: »
    Finally a fight the judges couldn't give a crazy round to lol...

Jones couldn't stop himself laughing at Evans in the commentary!

None of the "of the nights" will go to the main events... Which says a lot.

Nn all, I know what I'll be writing my Setanta blog about tomorrow :)

That neither of them deserves the shot and that Hendo should get it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What a rotten night of fights.

Maia looked terrible. He's done a Gonzaga and strayed from the game that made him lethal...hopefully he goes back to displaying his fantastic submissions game.

Bisping did much better than i expect...but Sonnen didn't look as good as i thought he would I have to say. Not a chance that Anderson is worried after that.

Evans and Davis...I say give the title shot to Hendo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

terribly boring event.

it really is becoming a recurring theme with the UFC now of "clinch, clinch, hug"

whether the fighters are more evenly matched or not i dont know, but my jaysus it leads to some uber boring "fights"

another annoying thing is the FOX panel. Do we really need some idiot from FOX talking to Mr Charsima Jon Jones and Randy Couture about the fights before we have to listen to Mike Goldberg and then Rogan do the EXACT SAME THING???

its all a bit too american now. And how many adds where there???? im just glad i recorded it and didnt have to watch it live, because ill tell you here and now, i could not watch another live event again if they have that many adds in the broadcast.

another mediocre card. But hey, there's always next week i suppose

p.s, Bisping was robbed

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

The next one of theses fox events I will be recording and watching nothing but the fights when I watch it.... Christ that was boring as hell last night and I think I know the reson why!!

No fluidity to the show, ads between rounds, ads before decisions and ads every couple of minutes!

I know it's on prime time tv and they have to get revenue from ads but it leaves the whole show very jumpy and with no real build up or anticipation for the fights....

The walk ins and the stitch men doing there thing all add to this and when you cut them it just leaves it very stale

Bored the hell outta me last night anyways ...sorry for the long post :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont think Bisping managed anything to warrant the decision.. but the worst thing for him is that he almost certainly would have beaten a terrible Maia and gotten a title shot if he hadnt taken the fight

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Dana can't be happy that his push of UFc into the mainstream has been a major disappointment.

The Cain/Santos fight ended in about 20 seconds and the fights tonight were ****, although the Sonnen fight was mildly entertaining. I actually only watched 2 rounds of the main event and skipped to the decision.

Lesson learned: guys, don't watch live on fox, wait till the day after and download, no ads, the ability to skip the bullsh!t.

ps: bones was crap on the panel, don't think you're supposed to read from your notes with the camera on you. Worst I've seen since Trevor Brennan at the 2007 RWC.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, I gotta say I kinda agree... I'll stick it on record on my digital box and skip the ads and nonsense next time. Staying up till 3.30 am wasnt worth that... but all that said, I'll probably do it again for the Diaz fight. :)

The steak and eggs were good though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

dissappointing card. is it easily forgotten due to his entertaining trash talk that sonnen is as boring a fighter as jon fitch. if you exclude the A silva fight all his previous fights have been boring takedowns and lay and pray.

the scoring of these fights needs to be looked at in order to stop rewarding boring fighters who get one or two takedowns do no damage and are awarded the decision.

started off [romising with an interesting sub by olivera and a great ko by swanson but weht badly downhill after that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

nino1 wrote: »
    dissappointing card. is it easily forgotten due to his entertaining trash talk that sonnen is as boring a fighter as jon fitch. if you exclude the A silva fight all his previous fights have been boring takedowns and lay and pray.

the scoring of these fights needs to be looked at in order to stop rewarding boring fighters who get one or two takedowns do no damage and are awarded the decision.

started off [romising with an interesting sub by olivera and a great ko by swanson but weht badly downhill after that.

and the Stann fight??

I dont think you can accuse sonnen of lay and pray, I always thought of him as one of the most active wrestlers on the ground, he just doesnt do that much damage with his g'n'p thats all, he needs to start throwing more elbows on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Apparently the results were read out wrong
    There was a mistake in reading the cards or how they were presented to Bruce Buffer tonight. Judge Patrick Morley, who was announced as having scored the Demian Maia vs. Chris Weidman fight 29-28 for Maia, actually scored it 30-27 for Weidman so it was a unanimous decision for Weidman and not a split decision.
    In the Chael Sonnen vs. Michael Bisping fight, Judges Brad Odom and Otto Torriero gave Sonnen rounds one and three and Bisping round two. Judge Clay Goodman gave all three rounds to Bisping.
    Link

Whatever about saying Sonnen didnt win 3 rounds. No way in hell did Bisping take rd 3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I think you could make an argument for Bisping taking round three.

Sonnen took him down and held him down for two and a half minutes, doing absolutely no damage. First opportunity he got, Bisping got back to the feet, but Sonnen had his back.

Bisping turned it around, pushed Sonnen against the fence, took him down and landed some proper elbows before the round was over.

• Advertisement

Sonnen took him down and held him down for two and a half minutes, doing absolutely no damage. First opportunity he got, Bisping got back to the feet, but Sonnen had his back.

Bisping turned it around, pushed Sonnen against the fence, took him down and landed some proper elbows before the round was over.

Sonnen took him down, took his back, took a great mount and worked in all positions while striking and fighting for an arm triangle. I dont see how Bisping could have won that round at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

and the Stann fight??

okay one submission victory since he moved to the wec and ufc against brian stann, who is not exactly known for his ground skills. all other wins are decisions he ground out by lay and pray.
    boring.

you can make a case for bisping winning round 1 and 2 but i agree there is no way that he won round 3.

nino1 wrote: »
    okay one submission victory since he moved to the wec and ufc against brian stann, who is not exactly known for his ground skills. all other wins are decisions he ground out by lay and pray.
    boring.

The last thing Id call the Marquardt fight was lay & pray. Very active GnP for that and Fight of the Night too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

thats the last time i record a fox event on sky
    programmed ended during the 4th round but in a sense i was
    happy enough given how painful it was to watch

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Ah no you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My UPC recording cut out with about two minutes to go in the fifth.

The show must have started a few minutes late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

mailburner wrote: »
    thats the last time i record a fox event on sky
    programmed ended during the 4th round but in a sense i was
    happy enough given how painful it was to watch

You can extend the record time on a programme, things like the NFL and UFC tend to run over.

You didn't miss much as you said :p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jorah

Id have to go Sonnen for rd2 again purely for the TD and a small bit of control. Bisping landing nothing of notice :/

Jesus Christ man

What the hell is wrong with you? You can't give rounds to people based on shoddy takedowns that result in the fighter that was taken down getting back to their feet with relative ease.

I had Bisping winning that fight 29-28 but the first round was somewhat close I suppose. Bisping should have got off the cage earlier. He wasn't able to do much to Sonnen (aside from wear him down). I think Bisping should have just backpeddled throwing jobs and crosses, anticipating Chael's takedown attempts.

Jorah wrote: »
    Jesus Christ man

What the hell is wrong with you? You can't give rounds to people based on shoddy takedowns that result in the fighter that was taken down getting back to their feet with relative ease.

I had Bisping winning that fight 29-28 but the first round was somewhat close I suppose. Bisping should have got off the cage earlier. He wasn't able to do much to Sonnen (aside from wear him down). I think Bisping should have just backpeddled throwing jobs and crosses, anticipating Chael's takedown attempts.

I can really since absolutely nothing else happened. They both landed a similar amount of strikes with nobody getting noticibly hurt. They both spent(too much) time against the fence. The TD and a small amount of GnP before Bisping getting back to his feet is the only thing of notice.
    What was there to give Bisping any round?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Cross post from the other thread.

Even though it was a loss. I feel it was one of Bispings better proformances. To go 3 rounds, and stop takedowns for Sonnen, to get up from the ground etc. He put in far better proformances than others other have verses Chael in the past.
    After watching that, I'd say Bisping would of beat Maia.
    Bisping v Stann looks good imo.

I'm a Bisping fan. I'm also a Chael fan. And I was looking forward to both getting a title shot in the future. So this match up, wasn't helpful. I said to a friend before it, that the best result for me would be a close Chael win. That way we get Sonnen v Silva II, but bisping doesn't move down in rankings.
    After that, I think Bisping has a good case of being oen of the better ranked 185ers in the UFC.

In the post fight conferance. Chael and Bisping both had a lot of good things to say about each other.
    Remember, you can't spell Michael Bisping, without Chael.

Advertisement