Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

All aboard for the 12z..though i sense the optimism is waning quite a bit! maybe this can be the start of the turnaround..

We need an uplifting run at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well a small change to the breakdown could lead to some nice snowfall for a time before mild winds over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

So is it going to snow in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Villain wrote: »
    Well a small change to the breakdown could lead to some nice snowfall for a time before mild winds over.

Or a dramatic late reversal whereby the cold block just stands its ground and sends the mild air packing, resulting in the east getting a situation like 1982. It would be nice if the weather could somehow defy the technological advances since then in forecasting, by delivering a surprise like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

WIZE wrote: »

Looking at the maps here, I think chances are very slim.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?&ech=54&mode=2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Cionád wrote: »
    WIZE wrote: »

Will it snow in Clare ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

please dont start with the " will it snow in my estate" this is so annoying:mad:

just keep an eye in here and you will find out

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

people are plucking at straws,there will be snow until the Atlantic break down.Even then snow can't be promised and most likely will be in upland areas of the north and east before turning back to rain.Usually when we get snow it happens at the beginning of the cold spell or after a few nights frost,this episode of cold weather won't deliver anything worth talking about.perhaps later in the month we might get something more active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Cionád wrote: »

Would I be right in saying that according to those models Sunday holds the best chance of any sort of South Easterly percip?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I've been watching the Met Éireann rainfal radar longingly all day... :(

• Advertisement

Very little if any Precip showing from after tonight up to the breakdown on Friday, cold and dry I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Sunday holds the best chance of any sort of South Easterly percip?

I was skim reading and read that as ice cap and thought you were being more than a bit optimistic. :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

whitemocha wrote: »
    please dont start with the " will it snow in my estate" this is so annoying:mad:

just keep an eye in here and you will find out

Only asking a question its not all about how you react to peoples questions and Clare is a county not an estate why is it annoying.....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Villain wrote: »
    Very little if any Precip showing from after tonight up to the breakdown on Friday, cold and dry I'm afraid
    If we can't have snow, at least dry is second best. I'd be really annoyed if I got up tomorrow to light drizzle :)

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying that according to those models Sunday holds the best chance of any sort of South Easterly percip?

I think this implies rain all over Ireland on Saturday @ 1pm, but as its 96hrs ahead it might not be that accurate.

gfs-2012013112-2-96.png?12

Yep anything that falls after Friday night will be rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

lads glass half full please..at least things are moving slightly west even if the atlantic and azores high looks like it will push the cold back. the changes though small are in the right direction and a few hundred miles further can make huge differences. all is not yet lost and we have seen the atlantic before take last minutes dives away from us.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6DhBkvU6E4SlpWDyKMWpuEXdb_ZjTAZA_RejbXvkEMnAn3h1f6B6tzHh3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

The Azores high really is the killer most of the winter, and when we want it during the summer it will be no where to be seen.

• Advertisement

The Azores high really is the killer most of the winter, and when we want it during the summer it will be no where to be seen.

yeah it is certainly a killjoy but am a little heartened by the latest UK Met Office update - just shows despite the models showing a raging atlantic blasting through its not 100% by any means. after all this is only tuesday.
    Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:

Remaining cold at first, with widespread overnight frosts and a few snow showers in the east. Probably becoming more unsettled on Saturday, with rain and snow spreading from the west.
    Updated: 1444 on Tue 31 Jan 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

The met office does not mention any snow showers for the East on their current forecast..don't know where you are getting this from.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    The met office does not mention any snow showers for the East on their current forecast..don't know where you are getting this from.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thats the UKMET update, not Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

ffarrell7 wrote: »

Yes they do:

"It will become very cold tonight with widespread frost and icy patches forming. A few hail showers or snow flurries are likely near Irish Sea coasts"

Likely being the important word, Current temp of 4c here and a dew point -2.1c, So you never know, Some people might get lucky with a light shower. Would be nice to see as i haven't even seen a single flake so far this winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Back to ‘battleground Britain’ for weekend’s weather

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/back-to-battleground-britain-for-weekends-weather/

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

It snowed in Dublin (in west Dublin anyway) in early December..only about a centimeter or two though and it only stuck for a few hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

couple of small streamers out of the coast of dub http://www.sat24.com/

opr wrote: »

very interesting and if the cold could push further west we could be the battleground. the met office in the uk are not ruling out the atlantic being pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

might be a coincidence, but for anyone who remembers my "snow headaches"... I've had an absolutely blinding headache since lunchtime.... might be nowt....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Nothing showing up in the Irish sea on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ yet, it's very chilly in D4 now with a sea breeze, if something shows up it'll be white :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement