Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Cold Reload

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    It snowed in Dublin (in west Dublin anyway) in early December..only about a centimeter or two though and it only stuck for a few hours...

:D yes, it sure did from about 6am on the way to work the snow started

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭whataboutnow

very interesting and if the cold could push further west we could be the battleground. the met office in the uk are not ruling out the atlantic being pushed back.

I changed the location to omagh as it's in western n.ireland and it still gives a low chance of the cold lingering..all this indecision is annoying i'd rather just know with some amount of certainty if it will snow but that's the Irish weather for u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

The Azores high really is the killer most of the winter, and when we want it during the summer it will be no where to be seen.

Thats right Musicman she will head off laughing for the summer with this

twofingersup.jpg

see you all next November!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Looks like more baby steps in the right direction so far on the ECM.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

Northclare wrote: »
    Only asking a question its not all about how you react to peoples questions and Clare is a county not an estate why is it annoying.....

it is so annoying because it is asked constantly and the only way to know is keep up with the information here
    there re usually 200+ people on the weather site when there is a chance of snow what if they all asked???
    Another reason is that NO ONE knows!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭jimmy.d

heavy streamers in the english channel heading into france something like this we needhttp://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I watched the weather on the BBC. They admitted they don't know how the weekend will turn out.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

so far looks like the uk wont see much snow either just like us, right now it feels as if it's just turned cold enough here for snow now but unfortunately the Irish Sea is completely dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭stevenf17

stevenf17 wrote: »
    Yessss!! Hopefully I'll be able to do more of this, this year. The views were bloody amazing!

LoadofCROC wrote: »
    now thats the closest thing to heaven ...WOW! :D:D

Though you might want to see this picture if you though the video was like snow heaven! (Taken on the same trip overlooking Lough Tay)

20101205160444.jpg

Pitty now it doesn't look like its going to be a repeat this year! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭snowbabe

Thanks stevenf17....just fantastic,sure that'll do me for now,I think I'm in love:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I wouldn't say that. A good Frontal system tends to produce way more snow than streamers for the mountains. Like in feb 2009 and even more so in January 2010. The snow completely filled in all the roads to about 5ft depth up at the Sally gap.
    With the mild air coming there is more of a chance of this kind of frontal snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

A small streamer seems to be developing just near the Wexford/Wicklow boarder. Any reports from there?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Just caught the BBC weather - the forecaster hinted at a heavy snowfall event at the weekend.

Behind him stood the map of Britain & Ireland. As the precipitation traversed Ireland (rain of course), it miraculously crosses the Irish Sea and lands in the west of Wales as snow (of course)

You could not write this stuff :D

D

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ShytePryde

A small streamer seems to be developing just near the Wexford/Wicklow boarder. Any reports from there?

I think that's actually just interference. It often pops up around there.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

I got a feeling its a radar blip, it comes and goes in next frame :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

derekon wrote: »
    Just caught the BBC weather - the forecaster hinted at a heavy snowfall event at the weekend.

Behind him stood the map of Britain & Ireland. As the precipitation traversed Ireland (rain of course), it miraculously crosses the Irish Sea and lands in the west of Wales as snow (of course)

D

Yeah we are on the wrong side as usual, Just a tiny shift west of those -8 uppers and boom, Ive given up:) Time to look north in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Spain is getting more cold than we are. :mad:

Seriously I had a dream last night that all of Europe will be white with snow and Ireland remained green. It looks like it will come true. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 197 ✭✭Eastcoastryan

Yeah we are on the wrong side as usual, Just a tiny shift west of those -8 uppers and boom, Ive given up:) Time to look north in the next few weeks.

Join me in prayer this evening!!! It's our last chance!! :D

Yeah- seems to disappear in the next frame alright :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

As the temp is +3C I guess they'd be streaming rain ;)

• Advertisement

Wild Bill wrote: »

And the dew point on wicklowweather.com is -3.1 which is snow territory ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Wild Bill wrote: »

With a dew point of -2.1 and a temp of 3.1, I'd be expecting sleet or snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hoping for a good dumping of snow!

119962.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭davidsr20

It's mad the way we always miss out,we must have the most boring weather in the world in Ireland,England always get good snow events and yet we are beside them but always miss out,Ireland is just wet/wind and we need to get used to it :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

baraca wrote: »
    With a dew point of -2.1 and a temp of 3.1, I'd be expecting sleet or snow.....

....to melt on ground contact ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

We have had three successive winters with heavy snowfalls, in the Dublin area anyway, and there is no snow in Britain either and won't be either in the coming days.
    Some areas of Ireland get more snow than others. Southern England gets very little snow, Devon, Cornwall, London region...grow up!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Though you might want to see this picture if you though the video was like snow heaven! (Taken on the same trip overlooking Lough Tay)

20101205160444.jpg

I think this is the same place above lough tay, found it on youtube. But it was taken about a week before the big frontal snow dump on January 15th. About another 2 feet fell on top of this before the thaw kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    We have had three successive winters with heavy snowfalls, in the Dublin area anyway, and there is no snow in Britain either and won't be either in the coming days.
    Some areas of Ireland get more snow than others. Southern England gets very little snow, Devon, Cornwall, London region...grow up!:eek::eek:

i53_heybeetlejuicedorisjokerfunnydemotivationalposter1231432214090515120146_515x343.jpg

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

derekon wrote: »

D

I really don't know much about the way weather works properly but why is it we never get the best of cold in winter and when its summer we allways seem to miss out on mostly hot days too ??? UK seems to get best of both worlds....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

baraca wrote: »
    With a dew point of -2.1 and a temp of 3.1, I'd be expecting sleet or snow.

For those wondering what conditions we need for snow see http://www.iwo.ie/2012/01/30/forecasting-snow-in-ireland/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement