Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic tank charges

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thanks Pudsey, that was really quick.

But were sewage sludge spread on farmland it would have to be well treated sludge that could exit a sewage plant under an EPA licence and would be certified as such by the Waste Water Plant operator...eg a county council or an outsourcer like Anglian Water...otherwise the farmer cannot accept it if I recall.

As far as I know no sludge even treated sludge is spread on even cereal ground now. I know that a very little used to be spread arounf wexford however I believe because of liciening and Bord Bia virtually none is spread now. Most of the approved sludge is used on elephant grass.

There may be some exceptions but I do believe so.

Untreated sewage is a nono and even if it is allowed and I do not think it is within a few years it will not be allowed for healthreasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

MadsL wrote: »
    Genuine question. Mobile dewatering plants could produce a certified treated sludge could they not?

No it is not just the removal of water aerobic bacterial must be used to remove toxins from the sewage. As well in septic tanks you have fresh raw sewage this has health issue re cholera dipteria etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Genuine question. Mobile dewatering plants could produce a certified treated sludge could they not?

You fix that 380k P/E Number first. I did not say there is 380k P/E of spare capacity in the system ( outside Ringsend of course) as you said I did.

We'll have a stab at the certified sludge issue then perhaps although it is a sideshow TBH. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

You fix that 380k P/E Number first. I did not say there is 380k P/E of spare capacity in the system ( outside Ringsend of course) as you said I did.

We'll have a stab at the certified sludge issue then perhaps although it is a sideshow TBH. :)

Sorry, just saw your post now.

Lot of stuff there....1.1m P/E it is so.
    That is your best guess. I re-iterate that nobody knows as we until now had no register of systems. If you dispute that, then link to a peer-reviewed proof of that 1.1m figure.
    I enumerated 130k P/E spare capacity in those systems, not 380k like you added up somehow.
    Well it can treat around 1.7m pending the upgrade ( including the tunnel under Dublin Bay) AFTER which it will have a capacity of 2.1m P/E that it will not reach until 2020 by which time Fingal INTEND to have a new plant built around Portrane or Rush to handle a few 100k of P/E as part of the Northern Fringe Scheme or some such name.
    The next largest one is in Cork with a capacity of 400k P/E ...most but not all used by Cork people and with spare capacity of around 100k P/E at most. [/QUOTE]

So 100k there.
    The next tier of large plants can handle around 200k P/E ...eg Shankill/Bray Dundalk and Waterford, none at capacity but with headroom of no more than around 150k p/e between them

So 150k there.
    Limerick at 130k P/E , Ennis at 30k P/E and Galway at 90k P/E are at capacity now and Drogheda within c.30k P/E capcity of its overall capacity of 100k P/E

So 30k from Drogheda.
    Youghal Carrigaline Cobh and Arklow have no treatment and discharge to the sea today, there are plans to add 100k P/E of treatment there....some nearing construction this year.
    And 100k planned with some "nearing construction this year"

100+150+30+100 = 380k P/E from your own figures, including 100k within the very near future. So 35% of your maximum production figure is available or near future available without even touching Ringsend or incineration. And your figures assumes every tank desludging every year. Not very realistic, frankly.

So, to ask again. Are you saying inspections should be stopped until we build enough WWTP capacity to deal with your theoretical max sludge production?

Hello. Asking again. It would be nice if you answered this question.

• Advertisement

That is your best guess. I re-iterate that nobody knows as we until now had no register of systems. If you dispute that, then link to a peer-reviewed proof of that 1.1m figure.

There isn't any and you will simply have to take my word for it.

The next largest one is in Cork with a capacity of 400k P/E ...most but not all used by Cork people and with spare capacity of around 100k P/E at most.
    So 100k there.
    So 150k there.
    So 30k from Drogheda.

so not 380k , have you edited that out of your post ?
    And 100k planned with some "nearing construction this year"
    100+150+30+100 = 380k P/E from your own figures

Precisely how much sewage can a "nearing constriuction" plant handle. :( ???
    including 100k within the very near future. So 35% of your maximum production figure is available or near future available without even touching Ringsend or incineration. And your figures assumes every tank desludging every year. Not very realistic, frankly.

No. My figures are simply designed to enumerate ( and leaving out your non existent incinerator that is stuck in planning together with the "mobile dewatering plants") :D:D:D

"HOW MANY TANKS CAN REALISTICALLY BE DESLUDGED/INSPECTED IN 2013? "

Now for the last time Remove that 380k P/E system overhead figure you falsely attributed to me!!!!!

There isn't any and you will simply have to take my word for it.

Pointless converstaion then. "Here, agree my imaginary figures so I can prove my own point".
    so not 380k , have you edited that out of your post ?
    But not the 130k you claim :confused:
    Precisely how much sewage can a "nearing constriuction" plant handle. :( ???
    We have this thing called time that keeps passing, causing this thing called "progress".

"HOW MANY TANKS CAN REALISTICALLY BE DESLUDGED/INSPECTED IN 2013? "
    [/SIZE]

How many do you think will be inspected/desludged in 2013? All of them?
    Now for the last time Remove that 380k P/E system overhead figure you falsely attributed to me!!!!!

I'll revise it to 280k plus planned near future capacity of 100k when you answer my question.

For at least the third time of asking Are you saying inspections should be stopped until we build enough WWTP capacity to deal with your theoretical max sludge production?

Why so slippery on this Bob? Because you know that tehre isn't a hope in hell that 1.1m P/E worth of sludge will be produced in 2013 and you are simply scaremongering to try and make a case for no inspections.

Where did the Cavan sludge go?

For at least the third time of asking Are you saying inspections should be stopped until we build enough WWTP capacity to deal with your theoretical max sludge production?

No.
    Why so slippery on this Bob? Because you know that tehre isn't a hope in hell that 1.1m P/E worth of sludge will be produced in 2013 and you are simply scaremongering to try and make a case for no inspections.

It is sitting in septic tanks now...where is it to go??
    Where did the Cavan sludge go?

Glad you asked, a Cavan sludge tanker with MN plates barreled up a road in South Roscommon one day in 2008 and asked me and a mate of mine who is a farmer if he could.......

....Never mind, my mate said no. Off the Cavan Sludge tanker drove and I never heard what happened. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭solas111

When the powers that be had trouble figuring out how to spend all of the spare cash it was decided that they would build a sewerage scheme in the area where I live. Of course it didn’t happen due to a lack of political will and other factors but detailed plans were drawn up anyway and those plans were very interesting.

There were to be many pumping stations serving the proposed scheme. Some of the pumping stations were in the area where the ‘important’ people lived and those pumps had stand-by generators that kicked in automatically in case of power failure. The other pumping stations were in areas where the less worthy people resided and they did not have stand-by generators. What they had instead was a large tank that would hold the effluent for a couple of hours. These second class pumping stations were to be situated right next to streams and rivers and if I told you the reason for that you would find it difficult to believe. In the event of a prolonged power failure, after the holding tank had reached capacity, the material was to be allowed to overflow into the adjacent waterway and eventually to the sea via several salmon rivers.

The sewerage scheme was never built but there are several others in the locality. Some of these schemes, operated by the local authority, discharge raw sewerage into the ocean. This is in an area where tourism is supposed to be an important industry. This material is carried along by the tide and comes ashore on several once fine beaches where green algae is now starting to grow. I am no expert and I would say that part of the trouble on the beaches is caused by a high concentration of septic tanks in the area but it is probable that the majority of those tanks are working satisfactorily. What is certainly not working properly are the sewerage schemes that are the responsibility of the local authority.

Now, we are being asked to register to have septic tanks inspected by this same local authority that is discharging raw sewerage into the ocean. The people who use the sewerage schemes have not been asked to pay anything and the one who don’t use them but whose taxes contributed to their construction are being screwed again by the dishonest gobs***es who run/ruin the country. Horrible Phil Hogan, you are in need of inspection because judging by your actions you are full up to the top of your head with ….er, sewerage.

No.

Then what's your point? You agree with inspections and registrations it seems?
    It is sitting in septic tanks now...where is it to go??
    Will it all move in one year?
    Glad you asked, a Cavan sludge tanker with MN plates barreled up a road in South Roscommon one day in 2008 and asked me and a mate of mine who is a farmer if he could.......

....Never mind, my mate said no. Off the Cavan Sludge tanker drove and I never heard what happened. :D

Ah, an anecdote. How lovely.

• Advertisement

solas111 wrote: »
    When the powers that be had trouble figuring out how to spend all of the spare cash it was decided that they would build a sewerage scheme in the area where I live. Of course it didn’t happen due to a lack of political will and other factors but detailed plans were drawn up anyway and those plans were very interesting.

There were to be many pumping stations serving the proposed scheme. Some of the pumping stations were in the area where the ‘important’ people lived and those pumps had stand-by generators that kicked in automatically in case of power failure. The other pumping stations were in areas where the less worthy people resided and they did not have stand-by generators. What they had instead was a large tank that would hold the effluent for a couple of hours. These second class pumping stations were to be situated right next to streams and rivers and if I told you the reason for that you would find it difficult to believe. In the event of a prolonged power failure, after the holding tank had reached capacity, the material was to be allowed to overflow into the adjacent waterway and eventually to the sea via several salmon rivers.

The sewerage scheme was never built but there are several others in the locality. Some of these schemes, operated by the local authority, discharge raw sewerage into the ocean. This is in an area where tourism is supposed to be an important industry. This material is carried along by the tide and comes ashore on several once fine beaches where green algae is now starting to grow. I am no expert and I would say that part of the trouble on the beaches is caused by a high concentration of septic tanks in the area but it is probable that the majority of those tanks are working satisfactorily. What is certainly not working properly are the sewerage schemes that are the responsibility of the local authority.

Now, we are being asked to register to have septic tanks inspected by this same local authority that is discharging raw sewerage into the ocean. The people who use the sewerage schemes have not been asked to pay anything and the one who don’t use them but whose taxes contributed to their construction are being screwed again by the dishonest gobs***es who run/ruin the country. Horrible Phil Hogan, you are in need of inspection because judging by your actions you are full up to the top of your head with ….er, sewerage.
    Discharge into the ocean is also being tackled by EU directive, are you suggesting we should implement one and not the other? :confused:

In the event of a prolonged power failure, after the holding tank had reached capacity, the material was to be allowed to overflow into the adjacent waterway and eventually to the sea via several salmon rivers.

The sewerage scheme was never built but there are several others in the locality. Some of these schemes, operated by the local authority, discharge raw sewerage into the ocean.

This is normal. Ocean discharges are at the bottom of the pile and as they are not septic tanks none of the people on these schemes pay any registration charges or are subject to inspection.

Yet those who do get inspected and are forced to desludge into a system that simpy cannot handle the excess sludge ( save in a few spots where it gets coveniently discharged to sea like Cork Harbour) wil have to pay up for the remediation of the sea discharge systems as well as their own.

Genius :)

Then we gotta come on here mainly to explain to those who won't add how one and one = two rather than discuss the entire mess especially the urban generated one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,993 ✭✭✭✭recedite

We produce vastly more grey than brown though. A single washing machine load would nearly outscore the toilets.
    That's a volume of mainly liquid water though. I don't think anyone can really quantify how grey water affects sludge build-up. It would be interesting to conduct a study of it, say by connecting grey water in a case study of a septic tank where the desludging frequency is already regular, and known, and measure the new frequency under the same occupancy conditions.
    No septic tanks ( other than an insignificant number in Dublin itself) will be dealt with in Ringsend.
    So all that Ringsend stuff was a strawman argument then?

recedite wrote: »
    So all that Ringsend stuff was a strawman argument then?

Who's strawman??

The incinerator in ringsend was the most pointless part of the thread...seeing as it doesnt exist. Closely followed by the introduction of "Mobile Dewatering Units" which are supposed to do what????

As for septic tanks in Dublin City there are somewhere between 100 and 2000 is all we know. They are not statistically significant.

The target for 2013 should be to inspect tanks in areas designated as Poor or Bad only ( and where the Poor or Bad rating is not caused by crap public systems ( eg Athenry or Laurencetown in Galway) Sadly there is no systemic plan to upgrade public systems in these Bad areas although Athenry may get to tender in 2013 with commissioning perhaps in 2015.

Inspections and enforcement should also be conducted on nuisance tanks like your neighbours Recedite

I simply don't think we have the installed processing capability to deal with areas classified as moderate in either 2013 or 2014 and that we will only be able to start on those in 2015 at the earliest. Nor do I think we have the tankerage capability to remove and transport the sludge.

Are you Horrible Phil Hogan’s granny?

The lowest registration rate is in the constituency of the man who brought in registration, John Gormley. In fact traditional "green" contituencies have dreadful compliance rates.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0201/breaking9.html
    Co Kerry has the highest level of registration at 91 per cent (of some 28,200 tanks), based on figures up to Wednesday.
    The Dublin city council area has the lowest registration level at 3 per cent.

And with Fingal South County and Dunlaoghaire around 40% each. The lowest rural county, Donegal, managed 50% even with high numbers of holiday homes owned by persons resident outside the state.

The sheer hypocricy of these non compliant Dublin people. How dare they!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah, the more I read your posts the more I can detect that you are indeed confused.

I know we have heard the sob story several times about how you are operating this fantastic private sewerage system but I can’t help wondering if there isn’t a bit more to your story. For instance, do you hold any position in the Fine Gael Party? Are you employed by a Public Relations company? Are you Horrible Phil Hogan’s granny?
    Hint: I dont think he was really confused, it would be interesting to see yours and Flutered and our river-dumping rubbish-burning teacher friends reaction if MadSL started coming out with this Phil Hogans granny nonsense, 'toys out of the pram' being a favourite accusation from that camp iirc, doesn't seem to apply in the opposite direction.

Enlighten us then Solas111, why are all the geniuses on the anti-registration side constantly dragging up unrelated issues like its some justification for their continued pollution of the countries water systems? So the local sewage plant has an overflow valve and the councils facilities sometimes reach over capacity and all this other unrelated nonsense, what does it have to do with conforming to EU directives regarding stopping sewage leaking into the groundwater from septic tanks? Should we just give up and continue paying massive fines every year while being exposed to other peoples filth?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

The lowest registration rate is in the constituency of the man who brought in registration, John Gormley. In fact traditional "green" contituencies have dreadful compliance rates.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0201/breaking9.html

And with Fingal South County and Dunlaoghaire around 40% each. The lowest rural county, Donegal, managed 50% even with high numbers of holiday homes owned by persons resident outside the state.

The sheer hypocricy of these non compliant Dublin people. How dare they!!! :D

Ah, Green-bashing with dodgy figures, it must be Sponge Bob time! From the article, immediately below the bit you quoted:
    The Dublin city council area has the lowest registration level at 3 per cent.This figure is not an accurate gauge of the situation, according to the city council. The census figures suggest there are 2,718 septic tanks in Dublin city but people may have mistakenly stated they had a tank, as the city is served by an extensive piped drainage network. Dublin City Council said some some of the 91 registrations could apply to properties outside Dublin.

amused,
    Scofflaw

Yes Scofflaw the Dublin figures are very odd. The correlation I made is precise but it may be that the correlation proves a serial inability to fill out a census form correctly more than the actual existence of septic tanks. :)

Here is a list (Feb 2010) of non compliant Public Schemes in Ireland.

This list does not include all the straight to sea systems and very few of the necessary upgrades have been carried out since the list was compiled.

Of course we will fix them all by 2015
    like we are supposed to :D

Plant County Priority Measure (Capital Works) LA Proposed Date for Completion WMU WB Code Extended Deadline
    Hacketstown Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Derreen SE_12_2405 Yes
    Rathvilly Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SlaneyUpper SE_12_1398 Yes
    Tinryland Carlow 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Burren SE_14_1821 Yes
    Tullow WWTP Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SlaneyUpper SE_12_1398 Yes
    Bailieborough WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_581 Yes
    Bailieborough WWTP Cavan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_581 Yes
    Cavan WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Woodford NW_36_189 Yes
    Cavan WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Woodford NW_36_189 Yes
    Cavan WWTP Cavan 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Woodford NW_36_189 Yes
    Virginia WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_1536_1 Yes
    Kingscourt WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Glyde NB_06_712 Yes
    Ballycannon (Meelick) WWClare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2014 LoughDerg SH_25_3896 Yes
    Ballycannon (Meelick) WWClare 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2014 LoughDerg SH_25_3896 Yes
    Corofin Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Corofin Clare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Ennis North Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Ennis North Clare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Kilmihil WWTP Clare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inagh SH_28_718 Yes
    Kilmihil WWTP Clare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Inagh SH_28_718 Yes
    Milltown/Malbay WWTP Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2014 Inagh SH_070_0000 Yes
    Quin WWTP Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 Fergus SH_27_1275 No
    Shannon Town Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2013 Fergus SH_060_0800 Yes
    Tulla WWTP Clare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2009 Fergus SH_27_928 No
    Tulla WWTP Clare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2009 Fergus SH_27_928 No
    Carrigrenan Cork City 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015+ LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Charleville WWTP Cork North 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_119 Yes
    Charleville WWTP Cork North 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_119 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Rathcormac WWTP Cork North 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2009 BlackwaterBride SW_18_1600 No
    Ballincollig New WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_1663 Yes
    Ballingeary Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_927 Yes
    Ballingeary Cork South 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_927 Yes
    Ballymakera WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_915 Yes
    Ballymakera WWTP Cork South 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_915 Yes
    Carrigtwohill WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Owenacurra SW_060_0700 Yes
    Cobh Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Cobh Cork South 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Killeens Cork South 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2009 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_769 No
    Killeens Cork South 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2009 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_769 No
    Kinsale Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Bandon/Stick SW_080_0100 No
    Macroom U.D.C. WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1710 Yes
    Passage/Monkstown Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Ringaskiddy Carrigaline CCork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0000 Yes
    Riverstick WWTP Cork South 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Bandon/Stick SW_20_1209 Yes
    Youghal Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 Womnagh SW_020_0100 Yes
    Clonakilty WWTP Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SkibbereenClonakilty SW_100_0100 Yes
    Drimoleague Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SkibbereenClonakilty SW_20_876 Yes
    Dunmanway WWTP Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperBandon SW_20_2096 Yes
    Dunmanway WWTP Cork West 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperBandon SW_20_2096 Yes
    Inchigeela Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1901 Yes
    Inchigeela Cork West 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1901 Yes
    Skibbereen Sewerage ScheCork West 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 Skibbereen/Clonakilty SW_130_0100 Yes
    Ballintra Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ DonegalBay NW_37_2086 Yes
    Ballybofey/Stranorlar WWDonegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_2 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Bridgend Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana XB_39_1 Yes
    Buncrana WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_220_0000 Yes
    Bundoran WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 Yes
    Bundoran WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 Yes
    Burnfoot Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_39_1105 Yes
    Castlefinn WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_3 Yes
    Castlefinn WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_3 Yes
    Clonmany Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_1082 Yes
    Convoy WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1913 Yes
    Convoy WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1913 Yes
    Creeslough Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ MulroyBay/Sheephaven NW_38_4040 Yes
    Culdaff Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_230_0000 Yes
    Fahan Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_220_0100 Yes
    Glenties WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Owenea NW_38_1168 Yes
    Glenties WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Owenea NW_38_1168 Yes
    Gweedore WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_38_4124 Yes
    Kerrykeel Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ MulroyBay/Sheephaven NW_38_2210 Yes
    Kilea WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_12 Yes
    Kilea WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_12 Yes
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 Yes
    Kilmacrennan WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_388 Yes
    Kilmacrennan WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_388 Yes
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Lifford WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_250_0100 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Mountcharles Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ DonegalBay NW_37_3637 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Pettigo Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ ErneWest XB_36_west_4 Yes
    Ramelton WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_220_0100 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Rathmullan no. 1 WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughSwillyWest NW_220_0100 Yes
    St Johnston Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1907 Yes
    Ringsend WWTP Dublin City 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 Dodder EA_090_0300 No
    Ringsend WWTP Dublin City 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Dodder EA_090_0300 No
    Shanganagh WWTP Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Shanganagh EA_100_0000 No
    Garristown Fingal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Delvin EA_08_238 Yes
    Garristown Fingal 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Delvin EA_08_238 Yes
    Toberburr WWTP Fingal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Broadmeadow EA_08_670 Yes
    Ahascragh Galway County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 Suck SH_26_3041 Yes
    Athenry WWTP Galway County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Clarinbridge WE_29_310 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Clifden WWTP Galway County 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 WestGalway WE_270_0100 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2021 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Glenamaddy WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_2490 Yes
    Glenamaddy WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_2490 Yes
    Gort WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 Kinvara WE_29_2 Yes
    Mountbellew WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Suck SH_26_2420 Yes
    Mountbellew WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_2420 Yes
    Oughterard WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Corrib WE_30_3396 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Anascaul Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3990 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ballylongford Septic TankKerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1612 Yes
    Ballylongford Septic TankKerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1612 Yes
    Castleisland WWTP Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3452 Yes
    Castleisland WWTP Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3452 Yes
    Fieries Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Fieries Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Fieries Kerry 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Glenbeigh Imhoff Tank Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SouthDingleBay SW_22_3936 Yes
    Glenbeigh Imhoff Tank Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ SouthDingleBay SW_22_3936 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kilflynn Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_721 Yes
    Kilflynn Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_721 Yes
    Lixnaw Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2945 Yes
    Lixnaw Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2945 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Derrinturn WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Figile EA_07_990 No
    Derrinturn WWTP Kildare 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Figile EA_07_990 No
    Kildare Town WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_842 Yes
    Kildare Town WWTP Kildare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_842 Yes
    Kilmeague WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_2 No
    Leixlip WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_5 No
    Leixlip WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_5 No
    Osberstown WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Liffey EA_09_1870_3 Yes
    Osberstown WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Liffey EA_09_1870_3 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Clogh-Moneenroe Sewera Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 DInin SE_15_109 No
    Freshford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_946 No
    Freshford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_946 No
    Johnstown Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Erkina SE_15_196 Yes
    Kells Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Kings SE_15_1819 Yes
    Kells Kilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Kings SE_15_1819 Yes
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Urlingford Sewerage ScheKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Erkina SE_15_196 Yes
    Bennettsbridge Sewerage Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_1994_5 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Abbeyleix WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1938 No
    Abbeyleix WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1938 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Clonaslee WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Brosna SH_25_570 No
    Durrow WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Erkina SE_15_198 No
    Mountmellick WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Barrow/Owenass/Triogue SE_14_1718 No
    Mountmellick WWTP Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Barrow/Owenass/Triogue SE_14_1718 No
    Mountrath WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1003 No
    Mountrath WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1003 No
    Portarlington WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 BarrowMain SE_14_196_1 No
    Rathdowney WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Erkina SE_15_1033 No
    Rathdowney WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Erkina SE_15_1033 No
    Carrick on Shannon WWTLeitrim 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 UpperShannon SH_26_3090 No
    Drumshanbo WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperShannon SH_26_59 Yes
    Drumshanbo WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 UpperShannon SH_26_59 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Kiltyclogher WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_4 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Tullaghan Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 No
    Abbeyfeale WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Feale SH_23_2941 No
    Askeaton WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_060_0600 Yes
    Athea Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Feale SH_23_2514 Yes
    Ballingarry, Limerick Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_1573 Yes
    Ballingarry, Limerick Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_1573 Yes
    Bruff WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_838 No
    Caherconlish Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_25_513 No
    Caherconlish Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_25_513 No
    Castletroy WWTP Limerick County 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 LoughDerg SH_25_3904_2 No
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Galbally, Limerick Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Aherlow SE_16_1178 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_189 No
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_24_189 No
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_189 Yes
    Murroe Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_2026 Yes
    Murroe Limerick County 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_2026 Yes
    Newcastle West WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_869 Yes
    Oola Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_3237 Yes
    Oola Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_3237 Yes
    Patrickswell WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_1704 No
    Drumlish WWTP Longford 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1145 No
    Drumlish WWTP Longford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1145 No
    Edgeworthstown WWTP Longford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inny SH_26_3870 Yes
    Legan WWTP Longford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Inny SH_26_4098 No
    Legan WWTP Longford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Inny SH_26_4098 No
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Newtownforbes WWTP Longford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 No
    Newtownforbes WWTP Longford 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 No
    Dromiskin WWTP Louth 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Fane NB_040_0400 Yes
    Balla Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2013 Conn WE_34_1731 Yes
    Ballindine WWTP Mayo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Mask WE_30_2655 Yes
    Ballyhaunis WWTP Mayo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_211 Yes
    Castlebar WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Conn WE_34_3953 No
    Castlebar WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Conn WE_34_3953 No
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Foxford WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2014 Moy WE_34_3982 Yes
    Kiltimagh WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Moy WE_34_1461 No
    Kiltimagh WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Moy WE_34_1461 No
    Athboy WWTP Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Athboy EA_07_971 Yes
    Athboy WWTP Meath 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Athboy EA_07_971 Yes
    Duleek WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Nanny EA_08_814 Yes
    Kells WWTP Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BlackwaterNorth EA_07_1536_2 Yes
    Kildalkey Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    Kildalkey Meath 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Athboy EA_07_971 Yes
    Longwood WWTP Meath 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ BlackwaterSouth EA_07_954 Yes
    Oldcastle WWTP Meath 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Inny SH_26_2664 Yes
    Oldcastle WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inny SH_26_2664 Yes
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BoyneLower EA_07_904 No
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BoyneLower EA_07_904 Yes
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ BoyneLower EA_07_904 Yes
    Ballybay WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Woodford NW_36_30 Yes
    Ballybay WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Woodford NW_36_30 Yes
    Carrickmacross WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Glyde NB_06_910 Yes
    Carrickmacross WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Glyde NB_06_910 Yes
    Castleblayney WWTP Monaghan 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Fane NB_06_56 Yes
    Clontibret WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater XB_03_9 Yes
    Clones WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Erne East XB_36_east_3 Yes
    Borrisoleigh WWTP North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClodiaghNT SE_16_3178 Yes
    Cloughjordan WWTP North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3530 Yes
    Cloughjordan WWTP North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3530 Yes
    Silvermines North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3715 Yes
    Silvermines North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3715 Yes
    Templemore WWTP North Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SuirUpper SE_16_3997 No
    Templetouhy North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 SuirUpper SE_16_4121 Yes
    Templetouhy North Tipp 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 SuirUpper SE_16_4121 Yes
    Toomevara North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_402 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Clonygowan WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Figile SE_14_1875 Yes
    Clonygowan WWTP Offaly 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Figile SE_14_1875 Yes
    Daingean WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Figile SE_14_1561 Yes
    Edenderry WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BoyneUpper EA_07_990 Yes
    Geashill WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Killeigh WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_550 Yes
    Killeigh WWTP Offaly 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_550 Yes
    Moneygall WWTP Offaly 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3615 Yes
    Moneygall WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3615 Yes
    Tullamore WWTP Offaly 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Brosna SH_25_3798 No
    Tullamore WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Brosna SH_25_3798 No
    Ballintober WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_1258 Yes
    Ballintober WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_1258 Yes
    Ballyleague WWTP Roscommon 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_2855 No
    Ballyleague WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_2855 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Frenchpark WWTP Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_3912 No
    Rooskey Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_3928 No
    Roscommon WWTP Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_843 Yes
    Roscommon WWTP Roscommon 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_843 Yes
    Strokestown WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_1004 No
    Strokestown WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_1004 No
    Ballymote WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_938 Yes
    Ballymote WWTP Sligo 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_938 Yes
    Collooney WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_2107 Yes
    Grange WWTP Sligo 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Garravogue WE_35_4140 Yes
    Grange WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Garravogue WE_35_4140 Yes
    Strandhill WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Garravogue WE_450_0000 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Fethard WWTP South Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Anner SE_16_440 No
    Fethard WWTP South Tipp 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_440 No
    Grangemockler WWTP South Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SuirEstuary SE_16_3309 No
    Grangemockler WWTP South Tipp 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 SuirEstuary SE_16_3309 No
    Limerick Junction South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Mulkear SH_25_3875 No
    Limerick Junction South Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Mulkear SH_25_3875 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Tipperary WWTP South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Aherlow SE_16_1127 No
    Waterford WWTP Waterford City 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Suir Estuary SE_100_0500 No
    Ardmore WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_050_0000 Yes
    Ballyduff WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_2755 Yes
    Cappoquin WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BlackwaterEstuary SW_18_2765 Yes
    Cappoquin WWTP Waterford County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BlackwaterEstuary SW_18_2765 Yes
    Dunhill WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_647 Yes
    Kilmacthomas WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_825 Yes
    Portlaw WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SuirEstuary SE_100_0500 Yes
    Stradbally, Waterford Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_828 Yes
    Stradbally, Waterford Waterford County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_828 Yes
    Castlepollard WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Inny SH_26_1091 Yes
    Moate WWTP Westmeath 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Brosna SH_25_567 Yes
    Moate WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_567 Yes
    Rochfortbridge WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 BoyneUpper EA_07_1025 No
    Rochfortbridge WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 BoyneUpper EA_07_1025 No
    Ballycanew Wexford 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Owenavorragh SE_11_251 Yes
    Ballycanew Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Owenavorragh SE_11_251 Yes
    Bunclody WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 SlaneyLower SE_12_924_2 No
    Castlebridge WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_3 Yes
    Clonroche Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BoroUrrin SE_12_2601 Yes
    Clonroche Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ BoroUrrin SE_12_2601 Yes
    Enniscorthy WWTP Wexford 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 SlaneyLower SE_040_0300 No
    Ferns Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Bann SE_12_921 Yes
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Taghmon WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ BallyteigueBannow SE_13_745 Yes
    Taghmon WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BallyteigueBannow SE_13_745 Yes
    Arthurstown Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Ballyhack Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Camolin North Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Bann SE_12_921 Yes
    Camolin South Wexford 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Bann SE_12_2511 Yes
    Camolin North Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Bann SE_12_921 Yes
    Camolin South Wexford 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Bann SE_12_2511 Yes
    Duncannon Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Enniscorthy (Kilogoley) Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SlaneyLower SE_040_0300 No
    New Ross Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 BarrowEstuary SE_100_0200 No
    Wellington Bridge Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_090_0100 No
    Ballymurn Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_2504 Yes
    Arklow Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2021 Kilmurry EA_150_0100 Yes
    Bray WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Newcastle EA_100_0000 No
    Carnew, Wicklow Wicklow 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Derry SE_12_757 Yes
    Carnew, Wicklow Wicklow 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Derry SE_12_757 Yes
    Dunlavin Logatryna WWTWicklow 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Dunlavin Milltown WWTPWicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Glenealy WWTP Wicklow 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Rathnew EA_10_588 Yes
    Kilpedder WWTP Wicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Newcastle EA_120_0100 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Wicklow WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Newcastle EA_100_0000 No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Scofflaw wrote: »
    From the article, immediately below the bit you quoted:
    The Dublin city council area has the lowest registration level at 3 per cent.This figure is not an accurate gauge of the situation, according to the city council. The census figures suggest there are 2,718 septic tanks in Dublin city but people may have mistakenly stated they had a tank, as the city is served by an extensive piped drainage network. Dublin City Council said some some of the 91 registrations could apply to properties outside Dublin.

I propose we rename the property tax on these properties an idiot tax and double the rates.:D

antoobrien wrote: »
    I propose we rename the property tax on these properties an idiot tax and double the rates.:D

We won't know where they are for 100 years Anto.

Best tax them all with a one off Phantom Dublin Septic Tank Levy and then look everywhere in Dublin for these tanks in case they were telling the truth all along. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

Thargor wrote: »
    Hint: I dont think he was really confused, it would be interesting to see yours and Flutered and our river-dumping rubbish-burning teacher friends reaction if MadSL started coming out with this Phil Hogans granny nonsense, 'toys out of the pram' being a favourite accusation from that camp iirc, doesn't seem to apply in the opposite direction.

Enlighten us then Solas111, why are all the geniuses on the anti-registration side constantly dragging up unrelated issues like its some justification for their continued pollution of the countries water systems? So the local sewage plant has an overflow valve and the councils facilities sometimes reach over capacity and all this other unrelated nonsense, what does it have to do with conforming to EU directives regarding stopping sewage leaking into the groundwater from septic tanks? Should we just give up and continue paying massive fines every year while being exposed to other peoples filth?

op may i Grab your attention, i am and have not ever polluted any of my countrys water systms, my pollution systm as you call it will be two years old in may, it was itstalled by a contractor who used the approved systm at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

sponge bob there is at least one plant missing from that list, i think, knocklong co.limerick, it is built on the banks of the comouge river, it is on the emly road, i used to pass it twice daily until a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭sean200

Yes Scofflaw the Dublin figures are very odd. The correlation I made is precise but it may be that the correlation proves a serial inability to fill out a census form correctly more than the actual existence of septic tanks. :)

Here is a list (Feb 2010) of non compliant Public Schemes in Ireland.

This list does not include all the straight to sea systems and very few of the necessary upgrades have been carried out since the list was compiled.

Of course we will fix them all by 2015 like we are supposed to :D

Plant County Priority Measure (Capital Works) LA Proposed Date for Completion WMU WB Code Extended Deadline
    Hacketstown Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Derreen SE_12_2405 Yes
    Rathvilly Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SlaneyUpper SE_12_1398 Yes
    Tinryland Carlow 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Burren SE_14_1821 Yes
    Tullow WWTP Carlow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SlaneyUpper SE_12_1398 Yes
    Bailieborough WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_581 Yes
    Bailieborough WWTP Cavan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_581 Yes
    Cavan WWTP Cavan 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Woodford NW_36_189 Yes
    Virginia WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BlackwaterNorth EA_07_1536_1 Yes
    Kingscourt WWTP Cavan 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Glyde NB_06_712 Yes
    Ballycannon (Meelick) WWClare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2014 LoughDerg SH_25_3896 Yes
    Ballycannon (Meelick) WWClare 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2014 LoughDerg SH_25_3896 Yes
    Corofin Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Corofin Clare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Ennis North Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Ennis North Clare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Fergus SH_27_1122 No
    Kilmihil WWTP Clare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inagh SH_28_718 Yes
    Kilmihil WWTP Clare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Inagh SH_28_718 Yes
    Milltown/Malbay WWTP Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2014 Inagh SH_070_0000 Yes
    Quin WWTP Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 Fergus SH_27_1275 No
    Shannon Town Clare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2013 Fergus SH_060_0800 Yes
    Tulla WWTP Clare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2009 Fergus SH_27_928 No
    Tulla WWTP Clare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2009 Fergus SH_27_928 No
    Carrigrenan Cork City 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015+ LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Charleville WWTP Cork North 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_119 Yes
    Charleville WWTP Cork North 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_119 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Millstreet WWTP Cork North 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_917 Yes
    Rathcormac WWTP Cork North 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2009 BlackwaterBride SW_18_1600 No
    Ballincollig New WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_1663 Yes
    Ballingeary Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_927 Yes
    Ballingeary Cork South 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_927 Yes
    Ballymakera WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_915 Yes
    Ballymakera WWTP Cork South 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_915 Yes
    Carrigtwohill WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Owenacurra SW_060_0700 Yes
    Cobh Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Cobh Cork South 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Killeens Cork South 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2009 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_769 No
    Killeens Cork South 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2009 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_19_769 No
    Kinsale Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Bandon/Stick SW_080_0100 No
    Macroom U.D.C. WWTP Cork South 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1710 Yes
    Passage/Monkstown Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0700 Yes
    Ringaskiddy Carrigaline CCork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 LowerLee/Owenboy SW_060_0000 Yes
    Riverstick WWTP Cork South 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Bandon/Stick SW_20_1209 Yes
    Youghal Cork South 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 Womnagh SW_020_0100 Yes
    Clonakilty WWTP Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SkibbereenClonakilty SW_100_0100 Yes
    Drimoleague Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SkibbereenClonakilty SW_20_876 Yes
    Dunmanway WWTP Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperBandon SW_20_2096 Yes
    Dunmanway WWTP Cork West 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperBandon SW_20_2096 Yes
    Inchigeela Cork West 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1901 Yes
    Inchigeela Cork West 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperLee SW_19_1901 Yes
    Skibbereen Sewerage ScheCork West 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 Skibbereen/Clonakilty SW_130_0100 Yes
    Ballintra Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ DonegalBay NW_37_2086 Yes
    Ballybofey/Stranorlar WWDonegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_2 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Ballyliffen WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_615 Yes
    Bridgend Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana XB_39_1 Yes
    Buncrana WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_220_0000 Yes
    Bundoran WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 Yes
    Bundoran WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 Yes
    Burnfoot Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_39_1105 Yes
    Castlefinn WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_3 Yes
    Castlefinn WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_1_3 Yes
    Clonmany Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_40_1082 Yes
    Convoy WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1913 Yes
    Convoy WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1913 Yes
    Creeslough Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ MulroyBay/Sheephaven NW_38_4040 Yes
    Culdaff Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ WestInishowen NW_230_0000 Yes
    Fahan Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Crana NW_220_0100 Yes
    Glenties WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Owenea NW_38_1168 Yes
    Glenties WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Owenea NW_38_1168 Yes
    Gweedore WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_38_4124 Yes
    Kerrykeel Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ MulroyBay/Sheephaven NW_38_2210 Yes
    Kilea WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_12 Yes
    Kilea WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle XB_01_12 Yes
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 No
    Killybegs WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 RossanPoint NW_070_0000 Yes
    Kilmacrennan WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_388 Yes
    Kilmacrennan WWTP Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_388 Yes
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Letterkenny WWTP Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Swilly NW_220_0100 No
    Lifford WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_250_0100 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Milford, Donegal Donegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_39_1600 Yes
    Mountcharles Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ DonegalBay NW_37_3637 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Moville no. 1 WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ LoughFoyle NW_40_516 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Newtowncunningham WWDonegal 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Swilly NW_39_2252 Yes
    Pettigo Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ ErneWest XB_36_west_4 Yes
    Ramelton WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Lennan/Clady/Owencarrow/Glaskeel NW_220_0100 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Raphoe WWTP Donegal 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_441 Yes
    Rathmullan no. 1 WWTP Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ LoughSwillyWest NW_220_0100 Yes
    St Johnston Donegal 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Finn/Derg/Foyle NW_01_1907 Yes
    Ringsend WWTP Dublin City 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 Dodder EA_090_0300 No
    Ringsend WWTP Dublin City 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Dodder EA_090_0300 No
    Shanganagh WWTP Dun Laoghaire/Rathdown 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Shanganagh EA_100_0000 No
    Garristown Fingal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Delvin EA_08_238 Yes
    Garristown Fingal 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Delvin EA_08_238 Yes
    Toberburr WWTP Fingal 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Broadmeadow EA_08_670 Yes
    Ahascragh Galway County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 Suck SH_26_3041 Yes
    Athenry WWTP Galway County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Clarinbridge WE_29_310 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Ballygar WWTP Galway County 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2021 Suck SH_26_1447_3 Yes
    Clifden WWTP Galway County 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2015 WestGalway WE_270_0100 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Eyrecourt WWTP Galway County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2021 LoughDerg SH_25_3524 Yes
    Glenamaddy WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_2490 Yes
    Glenamaddy WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_2490 Yes
    Gort WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2021 Kinvara WE_29_2 Yes
    Mountbellew WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Suck SH_26_2420 Yes
    Mountbellew WWTP Galway County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_2420 Yes
    Oughterard WWTP Galway County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Corrib WE_30_3396 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Abbeydorney Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_806 Yes
    Anascaul Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3990 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ardfert WWTP Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 NorthKerry/TraleeBay SH_23_427 Yes
    Ballylongford Septic TankKerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1612 Yes
    Ballylongford Septic TankKerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1612 Yes
    Castleisland WWTP Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3452 Yes
    Castleisland WWTP Kerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ NorthDingleBay SW_22_3452 Yes
    Fieries Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Fieries Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Fieries Kerry 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NorthDingleBay SW_22_3118 No
    Glenbeigh Imhoff Tank Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SouthDingleBay SW_22_3936 Yes
    Glenbeigh Imhoff Tank Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ SouthDingleBay SW_22_3936 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kenmare WWTP Kerry 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 RoughtyFinnihy SW_21_2495 Yes
    Kilflynn Kerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_721 Yes
    Kilflynn Kerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_721 Yes
    Lixnaw Kerry 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2945 Yes
    Lixnaw Kerry 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2945 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Moyvane (Newtown, SandKerry 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Feale SH_23_2532 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Ballitore Kildare 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Derrinturn WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Figile EA_07_990 No
    Derrinturn WWTP Kildare 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Figile EA_07_990 No
    Kildare Town WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_842 Yes
    Kildare Town WWTP Kildare 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_842 Yes
    Kilmeague WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_2 No
    Leixlip WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_5 No
    Leixlip WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Liffey EA_09_1870_5 No
    Osberstown WWTP Kildare 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Liffey EA_09_1870_3 Yes
    Osberstown WWTP Kildare 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Liffey EA_09_1870_3 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Castlecomer Sewerage SchKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ DInin SE_15_109 Yes
    Clogh-Moneenroe Sewera Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 DInin SE_15_109 No
    Freshford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_946 No
    Freshford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_946 No
    Johnstown Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Erkina SE_15_196 Yes
    Kells Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Kings SE_15_1819 Yes
    Kells Kilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Kings SE_15_1819 Yes
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Kilkenny City (PurcellsincKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1994_4 No
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Paulstown Sewerage Sche Kilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 BarrowMain SE_14_196_5 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Stonyford Sewerage SchemKilkenny 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Kings SE_15_1991 Yes
    Urlingford Sewerage ScheKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Erkina SE_15_196 Yes
    Bennettsbridge Sewerage Kilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_1994_5 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Ballyhale-Knocktopher SeKilkenny 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 NoreMain SE_15_827 Yes
    Abbeyleix WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1938 No
    Abbeyleix WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1938 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballinakill WWTP Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreMain SE_15_1370 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Ballyroan Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_14_196_3 No
    Clonaslee WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Brosna SH_25_570 No
    Durrow WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Erkina SE_15_198 No
    Mountmellick WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Barrow/Owenass/Triogue SE_14_1718 No
    Mountmellick WWTP Laois 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Barrow/Owenass/Triogue SE_14_1718 No
    Mountrath WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1003 No
    Mountrath WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 NoreUpper SE_15_1003 No
    Portarlington WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 BarrowMain SE_14_196_1 No
    Rathdowney WWTP Laois 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Erkina SE_15_1033 No
    Rathdowney WWTP Laois 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Erkina SE_15_1033 No
    Carrick on Shannon WWTLeitrim 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2011 UpperShannon SH_26_3090 No
    Drumshanbo WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 UpperShannon SH_26_59 Yes
    Drumshanbo WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 UpperShannon SH_26_59 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Mohill WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1220 Yes
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Drumkeeran WWTP Leitrim 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 UpperShannon SH_26_1232 No
    Kiltyclogher WWTP Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_4 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Kinlough WWTP Leitrim 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 LoughMelvin XB_35_6 No
    Tullaghan Leitrim 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 LoughMelvin NW_020_0000 No
    Abbeyfeale WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Feale SH_23_2941 No
    Askeaton WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_060_0600 Yes
    Athea Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Feale SH_23_2514 Yes
    Ballingarry, Limerick Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_1573 Yes
    Ballingarry, Limerick Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_1573 Yes
    Bruff WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_838 No
    Caherconlish Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_25_513 No
    Caherconlish Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_25_513 No
    Castletroy WWTP Limerick County 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 LoughDerg SH_25_3904_2 No
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Dromcollagher Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_1621 Yes
    Galbally, Limerick Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Aherlow SE_16_1178 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Hospital WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_776 Yes
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_189 No
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Maigue SH_24_189 No
    Kilmallock WWTP Limerick County 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Maigue SH_24_189 Yes
    Murroe Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_2026 Yes
    Murroe Limerick County 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_2026 Yes
    Newcastle West WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Deel/ShannonEstuary SH_24_869 Yes
    Oola Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_3237 Yes
    Oola Limerick County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Mulkear SH_25_3237 Yes
    Patrickswell WWTP Limerick County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Maigue SH_24_1704 No
    Drumlish WWTP Longford 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1145 No
    Drumlish WWTP Longford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_1145 No
    Edgeworthstown WWTP Longford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inny SH_26_3870 Yes
    Legan WWTP Longford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Inny SH_26_4098 No
    Legan WWTP Longford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Inny SH_26_4098 No
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Longford WWTP Longford 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 Yes
    Newtownforbes WWTP Longford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 No
    Newtownforbes WWTP Longford 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Camlin/Rinn SH_26_3927_2 No
    Dromiskin WWTP Louth 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Fane NB_040_0400 Yes
    Balla Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2013 Conn WE_34_1731 Yes
    Ballindine WWTP Mayo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Mask WE_30_2655 Yes
    Ballyhaunis WWTP Mayo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClareRiver WE_30_211 Yes
    Castlebar WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Conn WE_34_3953 No
    Castlebar WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Conn WE_34_3953 No
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Charlestown WWTP Mayo 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2013 Moy WE_34_2464 Yes
    Foxford WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2014 Moy WE_34_3982 Yes
    Kiltimagh WWTP Mayo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Moy WE_34_1461 No
    Kiltimagh WWTP Mayo 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Moy WE_34_1461 No
    Athboy WWTP Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    Athboy WWTP Meath 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Athboy EA_07_971 Yes
    Duleek WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Nanny EA_08_814 Yes
    Kells WWTP Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BlackwaterNorth EA_07_1536_2 Yes
    Kildalkey Meath 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    Kildalkey Meath 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Athboy EA_07_971 Yes
    Longwood WWTP Meath 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ BlackwaterSouth EA_07_954 Yes
    Oldcastle WWTP Meath 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Inny SH_26_2664 Yes
    Oldcastle WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Inny SH_26_2664 Yes
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BoyneLower EA_07_904 No
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BoyneLower EA_07_904 Yes
    Summerhill WWTP Meath 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ BoyneLower EA_07_904 Yes
    Ballybay WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Woodford NW_36_30 Yes
    Ballybay WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Woodford NW_36_30 Yes
    Carrickmacross WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Glyde NB_06_910 Yes
    Carrickmacross WWTP Monaghan 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Glyde NB_06_910 Yes
    Castleblayney WWTP Monaghan 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Fane NB_06_56 Yes
    Clontibret WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater XB_03_9 Yes
    Clones WWTP Monaghan 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Erne East XB_36_east_3 Yes
    Borrisoleigh WWTP North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ClodiaghNT SE_16_3178 Yes
    Cloughjordan WWTP North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3530 Yes
    Cloughjordan WWTP North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3530 Yes
    Silvermines North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3715 Yes
    Silvermines North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3715 Yes
    Templemore WWTP North Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SuirUpper SE_16_3997 No
    Templetouhy North Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 SuirUpper SE_16_4121 Yes
    Templetouhy North Tipp 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 SuirUpper SE_16_4121 Yes
    Toomevara North Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_402 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Ballingar WWTP Offaly 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Clonygowan WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Figile SE_14_1875 Yes
    Clonygowan WWTP Offaly 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Figile SE_14_1875 Yes
    Daingean WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Figile SE_14_1561 Yes
    Edenderry WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BoyneUpper EA_07_990 Yes
    Geashill WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_542 Yes
    Killeigh WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_550 Yes
    Killeigh WWTP Offaly 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Brosna SH_25_550 Yes
    Moneygall WWTP Offaly 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3615 Yes
    Moneygall WWTP Offaly 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Nenagh SH_25_3615 Yes
    Tullamore WWTP Offaly 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Brosna SH_25_3798 No
    Tullamore WWTP Offaly 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Brosna SH_25_3798 No
    Ballintober WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_1258 Yes
    Ballintober WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Suck SH_26_1258 Yes
    Ballyleague WWTP Roscommon 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_2855 No
    Ballyleague WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_2855 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Elphin WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_2513 No
    Frenchpark WWTP Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_3912 No
    Rooskey Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_3928 No
    Roscommon WWTP Roscommon 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_843 Yes
    Roscommon WWTP Roscommon 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Hind/LoughRee SH_26_843 Yes
    Strokestown WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_1004 No
    Strokestown WWTP Roscommon 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 UpperShannon SH_26_1004 No
    Ballymote WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_938 Yes
    Ballymote WWTP Sligo 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_938 Yes
    Collooney WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Ballysadare WE_35_2107 Yes
    Grange WWTP Sligo 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Garravogue WE_35_4140 Yes
    Grange WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Garravogue WE_35_4140 Yes
    Strandhill WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Garravogue WE_450_0000 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Tubbercurry WWTP Sligo 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Moy WE_34_2633 Yes
    Fethard WWTP South Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Anner SE_16_440 No
    Fethard WWTP South Tipp 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_440 No
    Grangemockler WWTP South Tipp 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SuirEstuary SE_16_3309 No
    Grangemockler WWTP South Tipp 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 SuirEstuary SE_16_3309 No
    Limerick Junction South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Mulkear SH_25_3875 No
    Limerick Junction South Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Mulkear SH_25_3875 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Mullinahone WWTP South Tipp 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Anner SE_16_1363 No
    Tipperary WWTP South Tipp 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Aherlow SE_16_1127 No
    Waterford WWTP Waterford City 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Suir Estuary SE_100_0500 No
    Ardmore WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_050_0000 Yes
    Ballyduff WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Blackwater SW_18_2755 Yes
    Cappoquin WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 BlackwaterEstuary SW_18_2765 Yes
    Cappoquin WWTP Waterford County 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 BlackwaterEstuary SW_18_2765 Yes
    Dunhill WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_647 Yes
    Kilmacthomas WWTP Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_825 Yes
    Portlaw WWTP Waterford County 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 SuirEstuary SE_100_0500 Yes
    Stradbally, Waterford Waterford County 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_828 Yes
    Stradbally, Waterford Waterford County 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 ColliganMahon SE_17_828 Yes
    Castlepollard WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ Inny SH_26_1091 Yes
    Moate WWTP Westmeath 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 Brosna SH_25_567 Yes
    Moate WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Brosna SH_25_567 Yes
    Rochfortbridge WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2010 BoyneUpper EA_07_1025 No
    Rochfortbridge WWTP Westmeath 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2010 BoyneUpper EA_07_1025 No
    Ballycanew Wexford 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Owenavorragh SE_11_251 Yes
    Ballycanew Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ Owenavorragh SE_11_251 Yes
    Bunclody WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 SlaneyLower SE_12_924_2 No
    Castlebridge WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_3 Yes
    Clonroche Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BoroUrrin SE_12_2601 Yes
    Clonroche Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ BoroUrrin SE_12_2601 Yes
    Enniscorthy WWTP Wexford 1 Provide nutrient removal. 2012 SlaneyLower SE_040_0300 No
    Ferns Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ Bann SE_12_921 Yes
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Gorey WWTP Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Owenavorragh SE_11_257 No
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Piercetown WWTP Wexford 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_149 Yes
    Taghmon WWTP Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ BallyteigueBannow SE_13_745 Yes
    Taghmon WWTP Wexford 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015+ BallyteigueBannow SE_13_745 Yes
    Arthurstown Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Ballyhack Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Duncannon Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_100_0100 No
    Enniscorthy (Kilogoley) Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 SlaneyLower SE_040_0300 No
    New Ross Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2010 BarrowEstuary SE_100_0200 No
    Wellington Bridge Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 BallyteigueBannow SE_090_0100 No
    Ballymurn Wexford 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015+ SlaneyEstuary SE_12_2504 Yes
    Arklow Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2021 Kilmurry EA_150_0100 Yes
    Bray WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Newcastle EA_100_0000 No
    Carnew, Wicklow Wicklow 2 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2015 Derry SE_12_757 Yes
    Carnew, Wicklow Wicklow 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Derry SE_12_757 Yes
    Dunlavin Logatryna WWTWicklow 2 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Dunlavin Milltown WWTPWicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2015 GreeseLerr SE_14_1747 Yes
    Glenealy WWTP Wicklow 2 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2015 Rathnew EA_10_588 Yes
    Kilpedder WWTP Wicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Newcastle EA_120_0100 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Increase capacity of treatment plant. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide tertiary treatment or relocate
    outfall. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Rathnew WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide nutrient removal or relocate outfall. 2012 Rathnew EA_10_1603 No
    Wicklow WWTP Wicklow 1 Provide secondary treatment. 2012 Newcastle EA_100_0000 No
    what i want to know is what did these cost the tax payer and when are the people using these going to pay up

It really is petty. :(

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/water/water-framework/objectives/status_en.htm
    The general objective of the WFD is to achieve ‘good status’ for all surface waters by 2015. ‘Good status’ means both ‘good ecological status’ and ‘good chemical status’.

and so ( same link)
    The WFD classification scheme for water quality includes five status classes: high, good, moderate, poor and bad.

So the septic tank registration scheme is designed to locate pollution sources in those ungood areas...in theory anyway. Someone did not read the directive perhaps. :)

Council Directive 75/442/EEC of 15 July 1975 on waste

Which Article defines a "bad, poor and moderate classification" system?

Bob - that is the Water Framework Directive and not Directive 75/442/EEC which was the basis for the septic tank inspections, the Govt being brought to court and the fines.

Directive 75/442/EEC does not excuse Ireland from carrying out a global inspection regime on septic tanks on any basis of such classification of good, bad, etc.

You are transposing back a different Directive in an attempt to excuse a partial inspection regime.

But I see that you agree that tanks should be inspected and enforcement measures taken. Glad you came around to that position.

Council Directive 75/442/EEC of 15 July 1975 on waste

Which Article defines a "bad, poor and moderate classification" system?

Wrong Directive.

Stop Digging Madsl. PLEASE!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Wrong Directive.

Stop Digging Madsl. PLEASE!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Under which directive was the Irish Govt brought to court for non-compliance with septic tank inspections?

Here's the case:

http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf?text=&docid=131979&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=lst&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=1578073

Failure of a Member State to fulfil obligations – Directive 75/442/EECDomestic waste waters discharged through septic tanks in the countryside – Judgment of the Court finding that a Member State has failed to fulfil obligations – Article 260(2) TFEU – Measures to ensure compliance with a judgment of the Court – Financial penalties – Penalty payment – Lump sum

The current applicable legislation is the Water Framework Directive (WFD) 2000 Madsl.

It supercedes a large number of Shellfish/Nitrate/Water/Wastewater/Urban Wastewater/Sludge Dumping etc etc directives in one legislative swoop.

For simplicities sake just assume that every pre 2000 directive involving water is rolled into this and that only POST 2000 directives are important as in should be read along with the WFD...... as a consolidated piece of legislation or an amending act thereto should be in statute law.

The WFD sets a MINIMUM standard to be UNIVERSALLY achieved by 2015 from the top of the mountains out to the sea bed offshore.

The country itself is divided into a series of 10km by 10km boxes (or so) and each was individually assessed on the scale from High to Bad in 2009 or so ( and annually since) .

By 2015 every 10x10km box must be of High or Good standard. This means that Bad Poor and Moderate areas must be remediated and in many cases Urban or Private systems need serious work.

It also means that we do not need to concentrate overly on the many areas already classified as Good or High between now and 2015.

I trust you now understand what the WFD is.

• Advertisement

I trust you now understand what the WFD is.

I did before. But you are taking it and applying it to septic tank inspections as a means of excusing non-inspection. It doesn't work like that.

Either we are compliant with the directive from 1975 or we are not. That was my point. You cannot fail to inspect and then claim compliance. So your approach is a fiction.

Advertisement