Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

3.70 for a few bullocks tomorrow. They are going for 3.65 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Russia will be a great excuse to try and race each other to the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

tatoo wrote: »
    Russia will be a great excuse to try and race each other to the bottom.

A cartel never needs an excuse to lower prices. They just do what they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

True, but the agents will be telling tales of woe about contracts lost and short time coming up........"don't say I said it but..... "

Goodman plants are putting the squeeze on the smaller processors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭tanko

Could be wrong, but I think we export very little beef to Russia. The lack of live exports to Northern Ireland is the crucial problem at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

tanko wrote: »
    Could be wrong, but I think we export very little beef to Russia. The lack of live exports to Northern Ireland is the crucial problem at the moment.

I think we export a lot of offal there

Yes they important for the 5 th quarter that we hear talk about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭mf240

Willfarman wrote: »
    Yes they important for the 5 th quarter that we hear talk about.

Yip all the bits that farmers dont get anything for. Im told its able to cover the wage bill in most plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭sandydan

tanko wrote: »
    id say you right Russia banned imports of beef in June as well as a lot of powder products i think offal was hit as well. pigmeat and pigmeat product were banned in January and only import of major significance was cheese at 12,000 tonnes €4.5 million annually so dairy prices will take major hit if targeted ,even though word has it that some were already half prepared for a ban as its some thing Russia are prone to do at whim,so were eyeing alternative markets for while, but possibly at reduced returns. seafood was also hit with ban.

• Advertisement

Goodman plants are putting the squeeze on the smaller processors.
    nothing new about that,i suppose he will also be filling feedlots with unfinished cattle to have in case of price hike:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

sandydan wrote: »
    nothing new about that,i suppose he will also be filling feedlots with unfinished cattle to have in case of price hike:(

He is looking for a lot of sheds at the moment

Quality stores are still off the wall mad deer. When the grass growth slows a bit and maybe a couple of wet weeks hopefully common sense will prevail again at the ringside.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

dzer2 wrote: »
    He is looking for a lot of sheds at the moment

I have one for him :)

:D
    thetangler wrote: »
    I have one for him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

Quality stores are still off the wall mad deer. When the grass growth slows a bit and maybe a couple of wet weeks hopefully common sense will prevail again at the ringside.

Maybe maybe not a lot of farmers have exited cows lots of fodder arounf. Also may not be better value. Store cattle bought now will have 60kgs put up between now and mid October. Alot depends on what cattle you are targeting. IMO finished cattle supplies could be very tight from early October as too many targeting 30 months, cannot see 18-20 month cattle even after a long summer make up the price.

Well last of my grass cattle gone today. I'm not a hardened seller waiting for the big money! But I am reliably informed that they are going to get them back to 3.60 akg befor they have any interest in a higher kill.
    Now fodder is plentiful but If mid September if a 670 kg r grade bullock is making 1250 ringside. And it's pissing rain...stores will be picked up at little more than they cost in March as small stock. I am going to let the grass grow.. If the sheep let me! And wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭farmernewbie

Well last of my grass cattle gone today. I'm not a hardened seller waiting for the big money! But I am reliably informed that they are going to get them back to 3.60 akg befor they have any interest in a higher kill.
    Now fodder is plentiful but If mid September if a 670 kg r grade bullock is making 1250 ringside. And it's pissing rain...stores will be picked up at little more than they cost in March as small stock. I am going to let the grass grow.. If the sheep let me! And wait...

Thats depressing, bought a few continentals in March around the 300kg mark for avg €760. Hoping to make at least €1000 in November. Reckon they should be around 500kg then. Be reluctant to sell for under €1000.

Thats depressing, bought a few continentals in March around the 300kg mark for avg €760. Hoping to make at least €1000 in November. Reckon they should be around 500kg then. Be reluctant to sell for under €1000.

Are they nice shapes? Bullocks or heifers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Robson99

Back 5 cent in the factories next week. 3.65 base for heifers and more cuts ahead by the sounds of it

• Advertisement

you could have got € 950-1000 at 370-400 kg a few weeks ago, certainly saw around 380 and 400 kg hit €1000 in mart
    while at 500 kg they aren't making enough to pay cost difference imo ,i know those were hitting 22-24 mths but at that weight id push to 650 kg min to make reasonable price difference.

Robson99 wrote: »
    Back 5 cent in the factories next week. 3.65 base for heifers and more cuts ahead by the sounds of it

isn't that sabre rattling Russian ban has been in effect since June. NI UK exports need to be sorted pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

OH got a price for the cows and bullocks but they will only hold it for Monday and Tuesday!!!
    The price for boners and steakers is up 20c to 30c on the same time last year.
    I cannot tell you how much as he is away at a stag party and was gone before I got home. He did tell me but I forgot :eek:

Robson99 wrote: »

Well we were well warned in fairness. They made no secret of their intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Well we were well warned in fairness. They made no secret of their intentions.

I don't think we will see 4 euro this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

We sent off everything that was close to being ready on Tuesday. Hopefully it'll only dip for 3 or 4 weeks and the price will come back up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

I don't think we will see 4 euro this year
    Im with pudsey on this one,theres a rise coming. This is just another trick with the factories to implementing a mass push of finished cattle for the factories and brow beat farmers enough so that we will be happy to accept whatever their offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭mf240

The darkest hour is before the dawn.

Yes I have reading the horoscope and counting the stars. I gave up counting the nations cattle. And the price will come up in October. Just as cattle are coming off the land. The traditional time for a price rise in! Er whoops no that doesn't make sense does it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Miname

Yes I have reading the horoscope and counting the stars. I gave up counting the nations cattle. And the price will come up in October. Just as cattle are coming off the land. The traditional time for a price rise in! Er whoops no that doesn't make sense does it!
    The only tradition here with beef this year is the games being played. They have to drop a carrot fairly soon or they wont have anyone to stay in beef.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement