Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

beef price tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fireside Solicitor

off grid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Robson99

Kepak offering 355 and no cut for heavy cattle this week

Best ones of the lot for moving the goalposts...bet you there will be a lot of 4+ fat wise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Robson99 wrote: »
    Best ones of the lot for moving the goalposts...bet you there will be a lot of 4+ fat wise

Yes used to send most of my cattle to Kepak but this back end my agent ended up getting most of them into Euro Farms. Was far happier with the Euro Farm grades anything that was border line I defiantly got the benefit of the doubt in Euro Farms. Friend of mine killed Hex heifers in Kepak a few weeks back and was very disappointed. His own breeding out of the same bull and cows as the last few years and the grades were all lower than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Final few cattle going in the morning. Thank be to whatever God if any ye all believe in!

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    Yes used to send most of my cattle to Kepak but this back end my agent ended up getting most of them into Euro Farms. Was far happier with the Euro Farm grades anything that was border line I defiantly got the benefit of the doubt in Euro Farms. Friend of mine killed Hex heifers in Kepak a few weeks back and was very disappointed. His own breeding out of the same bull and cows as the last few years and the grades were all lower than other years.

yes I killed in different factory with the last few too .. graded serious all U's and they were the worst of what was left.. you would wonder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Is that a flat price with no bonuses

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

This is being discussed on a dairy forum, thought I'd bring it here rather than pull off subject.
    Mark Goodman flagged it awhile ago to much derision by the splinter groups
    It's confirmed in Twitter now
    '' Reports of Chinese buyers reneging on contracts on beef and other imported proteins have emerged this week as imported meat prices in the country plummet''

The cheap forequarters are flying but processors have to take a bad price for rear quarters to get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SimmentalT

Ashbourne offering €3.55 for heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

wrangler wrote: »
    This is being discussed on a dairy forum, thought I'd bring it here rather than pull off subject.
    Mark Goodman flagged it awhile ago to much derision by the splinter groups
    It's confirmed in Twitter now
    '' Reports of Chinese buyers reneging on contracts on beef and other imported proteins have emerged this week as imported meat prices in the country plummet''

The cheap forequarters are flying but processors have to take a bad price for rear quarters to get rid

Edmund Graham of the ICSA has called.out Mark Goodman on his statement. He made the point that if Brazilian beef is now making nearly the same asIrish beef then processor's have questions to answer.

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/farmer-concern-mounts-following-chinese-market-warning/
    He goes to far as to say it is time for farmers to stop rearing calves.in 2020 if processor's cannot achieve a decent price for beef at present

Its.not just the splinter groups. If processor cannot achieve a base price above 4/kg along with the new bonus structure store and calf men need to shut up shop and tell the rest of the industry to cop on

Slava Ukrainii

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,635 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I'm inclined to agree Bass, but I reckon beef price will miraculously lift next Feb when all the dairy calves hit the ground.

The Mercusor deal hasn't gone away either, so if we simply stop producing beef here, it will be imported from 3rd countries or wherever it is produced cheaply. Most consumers don't give a fcuk about quality or taste or whether it's 30 days aged angus or not, it's just the price they look at.

China wanted u30 mth beef but they didn't want QA, which means to me that they were buying at a price. None of us know what price or credit terms Brazilian beef goes to China at. We don't even know what Irish processors are getting for beef going to China either.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,217 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The price of beef is inelastic. If the price drops, the consumer doesn't buy more. The price isn't the critical factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭gerryirl

does that mean they have to give 4 months notice now to change it....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Robson99

gerryirl wrote: »
    does that mean they have to give 4 months notice now to change it....lol

You wouldn't get 4 days notice let alone 4 months

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fireside Solicitor

3.55 flat no bonus. at least they are gone. No stock now. To buy or not to buy that is the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭kk.man

3.55 flat no bonus. at least they are gone. No stock now. To buy or not to buy that is the question?

Buy, they wont be any cheaper imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,274 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I always try to buy previous to selling especially if the market is down low, I usually find that this is the most profiatble way to manage the market. Shifed a few cattle this week. They were inside since ,id September. They were all under 30 months. Excellent weights they were on 5ish kgs and wholecrop bales of barley silage. But from the look of the lairages cattle numbers have droppedand processors will struggle with numbers after Christmass for a few weeks

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Any quotes for the coming week?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭1373

Cavanjack wrote: »

Two agents rang me yesterday, one saying numbers are tighter than a month ago . The other lad trying to talk things down. No prices given but to have guys inquiring is a big improvement . A local farmer/meal merchant tells me his finishing ration is back 100ton per week which is a positive for the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dryan

On the phone to agent last night.
    3.60 base for steers with no weight restriction on offer in Kilbeggan.
    Have 3 going overage next week so will move those and a few others.
    Killing tomorrow.

dryan wrote: »
    On the phone to agent last night.
    3.60 base for steers with no weight restriction on offer in Kilbeggan.
    Have 3 going overage next week so will move those and a few others.
    Killing tomorrow.

It’s far from where we want to be but at least it’s moving. Plenty of stories of agents ringing lads hopefully it’ll lead to something.

• Advertisement

1373 wrote: »
    Two agents rang me yesterday, one saying numbers are tighter than a month ago . The other lad trying to talk things down. No prices given but to have guys inquiring is a big improvement . A local farmer/meal merchant tells me his finishing ration is back 100ton per week which is a positive for the rest of us

Yeah last winter the meal wouldn’t be delivered here for a day or two. This winter it comes the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,103 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It’s far from where we want to be but at least it’s moving. Plenty of stories of agents ringing lads hopefully it’ll lead to something.

Low prices curing low prices ......... eventually.
    It'd happen quicker but for the subsidies,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Agent told me on Tuesday liffey meats bjd were €3.60 base for heifers

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭locha

3.60 underage steers 3.55 overage. I’m holding for another week...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭tanko

Anyone know of quotes for R grade cows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Any quotes for the week ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭straight

Any lift in cull cow prices?

Heard 3.50 is going for r grade bulls. Up 20cent from a month or 6 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Hershall

Any quotes for the week ahead

3.60 underage bks and hfrs midlands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

3.60 in spec steers..agent out this evening cattle booked to be kill Thursday morning

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement