Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

@Taxman

I have to say driving the M50 has me paranoid that I'll have to slow right down very quickly, mainly because it happens so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

CatFromHue wrote: »
    @Taxman

I have to say driving the M50 has me paranoid that I'll have to slow right down very quickly, mainly because it happens so much!

Nearly a daily occurrence these days. When I can I commute to work on my bike through town,it's less stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

mac.in wrote: »
    [/quote]

What are we looking at? The undertake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That or he wanted to shame himself by posting a video of him driving in the middle lane with the left lane clear.

• Advertisement

The left lane is an exit lane. The car that came into my lane was cutting me that too without any indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

got a new dashcam desperate to post footage....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

corktina wrote: »
    got a new dashcam desperate to post footage....?

Really? So you're okay with some person changing lanes without indicating. Let's see how that goes when you're approaching that car at a much higher speed and it pulls into your lane ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Had a front row seat for this. Could've gotten messy.

(Slightly OT) This is a pretty normal day on the M50, outside lane crammed, driving too fast, too close, concertina effect, if you leave a standard/safe gap to the car in front then someone turns into it with little room between bumpers, surprised theres not more collisions on the M50 at peak times.

Pov06 wrote: »
    Really? So you're okay with some person changing lanes without indicating. Let's see how that goes when you're approaching that car at a much higher speed and it pulls into your lane ;)

I appreciate your findings. Also to note that, he didn't just change lanes without indicating, he also cut into my lane without a reasonable space. If one carefully observes, I reduced the speed the moment I saw the car on the white line within few feet away in front of me. An indicator may have helped me in making me to anticipate it relatively earlier (I would have noticed the indicator when he was still in the right lane from my right window). Also, the cam has some limitations to give the exact experience from the drivers seat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

mac.in wrote: »
    I appreciate your findings.

There always seems to be some people in this thread who don't show their own footage and then correct others' driving. Don't mind them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Lad coming down the wrong way on a one way street in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Sulky racing near CityWest on the N7

The mind boggles as to how these lads are still getting away with this madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Further proof that they consider themselves above the law and couldn't give a toss about the safety of others. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

That'll be all over the meeja (rightly) soon enough.

Pov06 wrote: »

did you see a different video? the car had passed and was quite a bit clear before it changed lane. He wasn't approaching it at all, it was pulling ahead of him. I've no problem with a car in this situation not indicating, it was quite probable that an overtaking car will pull in once he has complete his manoeuvre.

If approaching a car in the lane to the right of yours and it did change lanes into the one you are in, don't you think that you'd be rather foolish to be approaching the point of undertaking it? In this situation you should pull out into the overtaking and wait for the car to pull in out of your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Lad coming down the wrong way on a one way street in Athlone
    Why move over for him? I'd have just stopped in front, making sure he didn't have room to squeeze past?
    Sulky racing near CityWest on the N7

The mind boggles as to how these lads are still getting away with this madness
    Shocking - what time of day was it? I hope the driver wasn't holding/using a mobile phone, was he or she?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Patww79 wrote: »

Defensive driver training suggests differently. The advise I got was that you know absolutely without exception if there is anyone behind to see your indicator. If there is no-one to see it, don't waste your time indicating.

• Advertisement

If you are an experienced driver, you would be alive to the possibility that the car overtaking you may pull back in, in fact you should be expecting it, in which case, as I said, I'd have no problem with the car not indicating.

no, what I said isn't wrong. You can regard what the guy did as wrong if you want.

What I said is simply defensive driving, you shouldn't rely on an indication, or lack of it, you should use your judgement to keep yourself safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Yep. Beggars belief that people this stupid exist.

it's astounding that anyone would even want to take an animal on a major road like that! It's playing Russian Roulette with people's lives.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Patww79 wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

RainyDay wrote: »
    Defensive driver training suggests differently. The advise I got was that you know absolutely without exception if there is anyone behind to see your indicator. If there is no-one to see it, don't waste your time indicating.

Now don't you go and start posting common bloody sense on this Forum.

That won't be tolerated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

corktina wrote: »
    it's astounding that anyone would even want to take an animal on a major road like that! It's playing Russian Roulette with people's lives.

Its their tradition to drive horses down the N7. We must respect that. :pac:

Muppets.

As I passed over the bridge to Rathcoole village, the horse was in the slow lane and the van took position in the middle lane. Two twits blocking two lanes of the Naas rd.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement