Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

josip wrote: »
    I wouldn't be too hopeful.
    I think you braked from 100kph+ 2 and a half lamposts away.
    Which is 125m if I'm not mistaken.
    I've read elsewhere that from 150m you're fair game.
    On another thread here, it was said that if you are measured for your speed within 50m of the van, so you might just get away with it.

It has to be said that an 80kph limit on that road seems ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭josip

Nino Brown wrote: »
    Awh, so close, I shouldn't have checked my rear view before braking!!:D

I wonder will the RSA use your video for their next campaign?

"Because Nino was going at over 100kph, his car had travelled 36m before he was able to get his speed down below the limit.
    Just enough to get in range of our Gatso Gizmo and another contributor to our pension fund.
    Slow down or fund central government!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I passed a Garda van on N4 aswell but was well below the 80kph limit but the app decided not to record my speed so its left me wondering as bit :D
    No fear of this merging car breaking the limit but i reckon the one that overtook did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I wonder will the RSA use your video for their next campaign?

"Because Nino was going at over 100kph, his car had travelled 36m before he was able to get his speed down below the limit.
    Just enough to get in range of our Gatso Gizmo and another contributor to our pension fund.
    Slow down or fund central government!"

Alternative text:

"Because Nino ignored at least three 80 km/h speed limit signs, the State felt compelled to add another reminder in the form of a speed camera.

The State has to be funded somehow, ladies and gentlemen, but if you comply with speed limits you'll find that you just contribute through general taxes like everybody else.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

It's the N4, so 80kmph is the limit. Three points now? I didn't know that. Thanks.

You are doing 100kph well in view of the scamera van. your only saving grace might be the car to your left which was merging. If there are 2 cars in the same shot they can't issue a fine.

Looks like while you were speeding, the other car may have been along side you as the camera van came into vision. Then you got back down to the limit. To be fair the van can see you long before you see him.

Looks like a typical case of putting a van on a perfectly good, relatively straight road with an inappropriately low speed limit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

What do you think lads, did I cop it in time?

They'll make a fortune at that spot, I personally would be trying to read the over-head 'warning' signage.

wonski wrote: »
    Why do you use capital C every time you type cyclist btw:confused:

I have OCD, I remember doing it once 10 yr's ago, and ever since then... Well I can't help it, I think stuff like 'the World will blow up' if I don't capitalise the C in Cyclist <<< see look... I don't even want to do it:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Two trucks on the M1 indicate at the same time that there going into lane two, I give a beep beep as it looks like there going to hit each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Put some glue or something on that mount I feel quite ill now :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Spook_ie wrote: »

It looks like the youtube image stabilisation (hence you can see the date popping in and out of frame), rather than an issue with the mount but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Spook_ie wrote: »

I think that image shake is actually Youtube's 'Anti-Shake' function :)

Edit: Snap CramCycle

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Youtube stabilisation is a disaster!

Youtube stabilisation is a disaster!

This can be undone (revert to original) ... http://www.firstpost.com/topic/person/arie-haan-how-to-undo-youtube-fix-for-shaky-videos-video-94X0xQicil0-21528-3.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

It can be "undone" alright, but quality of video won't go back to original. It'll deteriorate significantly. Better option is to delete "fixed" video and reupload. :)

Youtube destabilisation is a disaster! working well

FYP :D

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Two trucks on the M1 indicate at the same time that there going into lane two, I give a beep beep as it looks like there going to hit each other!

Fair do's to ya, you fairly put the boot down to get away from that mess:eek:

Clip 1. Car reverses out without looking (I'm in the middle of the road because of pedestrian to my left, car comes around corner I move over to my side)

Clip 2. BMW at the roundabout maybe should have yielded (I could see him he could see me, no bother)
    2.2 Car waits at the green light to let pedestrians cross and when the lights go red the car drives over the crossing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

ardle1 wrote: »
    Fair do's to ya, you fairy put the boot down to get away from that mess:eek:

i would have stayed back further and let it play out before going into that final destination zone .

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

dickwod1 wrote: »

they were never going to hit each other, the yellow truck couldn't miss seeing the 40ft driving along side him. both knew what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

breghall wrote: »
    they were never going to hit each other, the yellow truck couldn't miss seeing the 40ft driving along side him. both knew what they were doing.

Exactly. I see it all the time. They pull back in the same way, too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Sick of seeing people pull into the merging lane from the middle lane while cars are trying to merge. Nearly got smashed into twice last week at different junctions with idiots doing that, then blowing me up for cutting accross them. B*****T!

When entering a motorway you should give her plenty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

3 Cars crossing hatch markings on M50 this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭josip

celticbest wrote: »
    3 Cars crossing hatch markings on M50 this morning...

0:41 Deja Vu (all over again) -
    Is that the clip 3 pages were spent arguing about a month ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

0:41 Deja Vu (all over again) -
    Is that the clip 3 pages were spent arguing about a month ago?

It is indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Sick of seeing people pull into the merging lane from the middle lane while cars are trying to merge. Nearly got smashed into twice last week at different junctions with idiots doing that, then blowing me up for cutting accross them. B*****T!

Well, that's why in most countries on the Continent, road traffic law clearly stipulated, that if two vehicles (one from left lane, one from right lane) are trying to change lane into middle lane, then vehicle changing from the right has right of way. In case of accident, vehicle from left lane is liable.
    Obviously in Ireland is should be opposite, due to left hand traffic, but unfortunately no laws like that.

How not to exit a garage ...

I wouldn't even have put this up only for she started giving me lip and hand gestures as she gets along side me as if I'm the one driving badly, then fool number 2 comes around the corner on the wrong side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

/\ You need to tilt that camera down, so it exposes for what's on the ground, not the sky!

3 Min video of minor stuff all in one half hour journey 3-10-14, Time was actually 3.00pm to 3.30pm my dash cam had reset the time/date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A part of a tree fell into the road this evening, just about avoided it but still hit some of it:

About 0:45, quality is poor but it was fairly big, didn't see it til the last second.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement