Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dash cam saves your ass (no Roundabout stuff please :)

Options

Comments

guttenberg wrote: »
    Anyone got any new dashcam videos?
    I'm pleased to say, NO!
    I could post loads on bad roundabout usage or right/middle lane hogging, but they get boring after a while.

Here are some Russian ones...
    Warning, Graphic in places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm pleased to say, NO!
    I could post loads on bad roundabout usage or right/middle lane hogging, but they get boring after a while.

Here are some Russian ones...

Is it just me, or are these even worse than the usual Russian ones? I get the feeling that several people may have died or been seriously injured in the making of that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

RainyDay wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are these even worse than the usual Russian ones? I get the feeling that several people may have died or been seriously injured in the making of that video.
    The guy screaming after the truck jackknifed sounded painful :(

Did one of the drivers actually hit that little girl, or was she screaming because he gave out to her?

RainyDay wrote: »
    That one does appear to be less "sanitised" than the usual ones, but in the real world, crashes ain't pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Did one of the drivers actually hit that little girl, or was she screaming because he gave out to her?
    Kinda looked like he ran over her foot judging by the way she was holding it and crying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The guy screaming after the truck jackknifed sounded painful :(

Her leg looked mangled to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

May I suggest a mod put some kind a warning onto that post.

Not at the user just the post itself.

Shane_ef wrote: »

Not at the user just the post itself.
    Updated post with warning!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Shane_ef wrote: »

Aye, that girls screaming is stuck in my head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

Bought a full HD dash cam when I was in Shenzhen (about €30), Installed it 2 weeks ago. Will contribute once I get to the 50 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced (read cheap lol) DC with decent features?

Mods, please move if I'm in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

bladespin wrote: »
    Any suggestions for a reasonably priced (read cheap lol) DC with decent features?

Mods, please move if I'm in the wrong place.

These are really good for the money. Good enough for a full HD tv.
    But you should use Techmans links to buy as there are loads of bad clones out there. Use mine for work daily and after 6 months its still has been faultless .

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/12/16/g1w-the-cheapest-dash-cam-thats-worth-buying.html?currentPage=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

I've been thinking of getting one for a while so I'm getting one of these on Monday http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-33AE22EA-9AC76633/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=9656

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

dickwod1 wrote: »
    I've been thinking of getting one for a while so I'm getting one of these on Monday http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-33AE22EA-9AC76633/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=9656

Seems pricey. I am guessing identical models are about $30 delivered on dealextreme

gutteruu wrote: »
    Seems pricey. I am guessing identical models are about $30 delivered on dealextreme

I'm gonna go with the LIDL one for the 3 year guarantee as it will be a handy way to return it if anything happens over the next three years,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I'm gonna go with the LIDL one for the 3 year guarantee as it will be a handy way to return it if anything happens over the next three years,

Where does it say it has 3 years warranty?

CiniO wrote: »
    Where does it say it has 3 years warranty?

In the description in the ad for it http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-33AE22EA-9AC76633/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/Offers.htm?action=showDetail&id=9656

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

You'll probably buy a new one in 3 years anyway. We replace every two years or so as they just wear out e.g. Sensors etc. The €30 extra your spending in Lidl will easily buy you another off dealExtreme without the hassle of going back and asking for a refund because at that stage they won't replace it.

"Wear out" how can it wear out it has no moving parts!
    Do they simply stop working (planned obsolescence) after a certain number of hours? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"Wear out" how can it wear out it has no moving parts!
    Do they simply stop working (planned obsolescence) after a certain number of hours? :confused:

Poor build quality would lead to components running hot that would just perish over time. Electronics can be a fine art at the best of time but you might assume that for cheaper devices the premium quality components may not have been chosen.
    For example when designing a circuit I may need a 3762 pico farad capacitor. To save costs I might round this to 3700 pico farads so the circuit has lost something. Multiply this by the amount of components and you will see a couple of components running ever so slightly hot or cold

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Isn't there a thread already about dashcam purchases?

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Poor build quality would lead to components running hot that would just perish over time. Electronics can be a fine art at the best of time but you might assume that for cheaper devices the premium quality components may not have been chosen.
    For example when designing a circuit I may need a 3762 pico farad capacitor. To save costs I might round this to 3700 pico farads so the circuit has lost something. Multiply this by the amount of components and you will see a couple of components running ever so slightly hot or cold
    Yes, I would be more inclined to think that they're using components that are underrated for the job, rather than going the next size up which would last 10 times longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

bear1 wrote: »
    Isn't there a thread already about dashcam purchases?
    Yup.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056815237

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

All you need is some patience....

He could have hung on 5 secs and passed in front of me but time is precious I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Dingatron wrote: »
    All you need is some patience....

He could have hung on 5 secs and passed in front of me but time is precious I suppose.

So many truly important people we have in this country, rushing to take part in vitally important activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

spurious wrote: »
    So many truly important people we have in this country, rushing to take part in vitally important activities.

9/10 times I'm on the motorway, someone will pass me hell for leather and immediately brake to take an exit, with no one behind me. Seems particularly bad here, this idea of being 'ahead' of someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

First thing Monday morning, could have done without this. Big intimidating foreign type driving, Slovakia sticker on the back of the car. A$$ hole slams on the brakes when I flash him, gives me the finger out the window too when we part ways near Charlestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

Mick55 wrote: »
    First thing Monday morning, could have done without this. Big intimidating foreign type driving, Slovakia sticker on the back of the car. A$$ hole slams on the brakes when I flash him, gives me the finger out the window too when we part ways near Charlestown.

Shocking stuff, I know that exit well. He had PLENTY of time to get into the right lane. No excuse, he was just being a down right w*nker. :mad:

Did you get Green or Red lights at the bottom of the turn???... If I'd have been in your situation and gotten the red lights, I don't know if I would've been able to contain myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Mick55

ION08 wrote: »
    Shocking stuff, I know that exit well. He had PLENTY of time to get into the right lane. No excuse, he was just being a down right w*nker. :mad:

Did you get Green or Red lights at the bottom of the turn???... If I'd have been in your situation and gotten the red lights, I don't know if I would've been able to contain myself.

Got green lights. The guy was a header, kept slamming on the brakes and gesticulating out the window the whole way up the road. I went straight at the next junction and he went left towards Charlestown,made a point of stopping and giving me the finger out the window as I passed. Balkan, ex-army looking guy!!! Decided it was best to keep going haha :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement