Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defiance [SyFy - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,836 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did Irisa seem different? I mean appearance wise. It's still Stephanie Leonidas. Maybe it's just the hair or the smiling. If I didn't know she was 30, I would put it down to still developing.

Anyway, was that woman she killed someone we know, since saw her a couple of times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Did Irisa seem different? I mean appearance wise. It's still Stephanie Leonidas. Maybe it's just the hair or the smiling. If I didn't know she was 30, I would put it down to still developing.

Anyway, was that woman she killed someone we know, since saw her a couple of times?
    your probably on about kenya, she was amanda rosewaters sister, she ran the whore house, Irisa killed her cause they had a thing and she didnt want her husband or anyone else to know about it,

You're thinking of Stahma. Irisa is the main character. The daughter of the former lawkeeper. She killed the one with the red Mohawk, who was watching Nolan get off the boat.

I'll be honest and say I remember next to nothing of season1. I just looked up Kenya's wiki page after the post above and I didn't know she was dead, especially since Amanda thinks she'll be back.
    And is Amanda in mourning or something?

Ah, I don't know if I'll keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

You're thinking of Stahma. Irisa is the main character. The daughter of the former lawkeeper. She killed the one with the red Mohawk, who was watching Nolan get off the boat.

I'll be honest and say I remember next to nothing of season1. I just looked up Kenya's wiki page after the post above and I didn't know she was dead, especially since Amanda thinks she'll be back.

Amanda thinks she left but Stahma killed her in the last episode (I think) of series one, as her husband Datak found out that Kenya and Stahma had been sleeping together, so to get back in her husbands good books she had to kill her, poisoned her in the forest...possibly the same one where the hellbugs are in the new episode. Stahma tried to tell Amanda not to hold her breath but she wasn't going to come out right and say she won't be back as I murdered her ;)

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Datak gets out of the prison camp to find out that his wife has taken over the family business.

Overall thought it was a good start to the season, saw a few new places besides Defiance (new Chicago, Hollywood).

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

Amanda in mourning for nine months in which everyone assumed kenya was dead but body not found , Amanda still believed she was alive :)

Amanda thinks she left but Stahma killed her in the last episode (I think) of series one, as her husband Datak found out that Amanda and Stahma had been sleeping together, so to get back in her husbands good books she had to kill her, poisoned her in the forest...possibly the same one where the hellbugs are in the new episode. Stahma tried to tell Amanda not to hold her breath but she wasn't going to come out right and say she won't be back as I murdered her ;)

It'll be interesting to see what happens when Datak gets out of the prison camp to find out that his wife has taken over the family business.

Overall thought it was a good start to the season, saw a few new places besides Defiance (new Chicago, Hollywood).

the finale , Stahma killed Kenya not Amanda :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'll probably never be 100% with this show. It just seems a bit of a well meaning mess. The trope count is particularly astronomical.
    I did enjoy this episode though as a season opener. Lots going on and exceptional production standards. I like most of the characters too, but there's still too many "ah come on now" moments. e.g. Datak got 10 years for killing that general, but two lads with spray cans got death sentences? Really? And the ex-mayor being invited as an advisor by a totalitarian occupation force?
    Reckon I'll catch the whole series now mind. :-)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I'll probably never be 100% with this show. It just seems a bit of a well meaning mess. The trope count is particularly astronomical.
    I did enjoy this episode though as a season opener. Lots going on and exceptional production standards. I like most of the characters too, but there's still too many "ah come on now" moments. e.g. Datak got 10 years for killing that general, but two lads with spray cans got death sentences? Really? And the ex-mayor being invited as an advisor by a totalitarian occupation force?
    Reckon I'll catch the whole series now mind. :-)

it is possible that new Mayor Niles Pottinger is sending stern signal that he is to be respected indirectly to Rafe McCawley & to trick Amanda Rosewater to work for him as he has designed on her ; the decision on Datak could be from the main office, they might have their own agenda while the two lads his own decision

• Registered Users Posts: 8,523 ✭✭✭squonk

Haven't started S3 yet but it's not a priority for me. There's something wrong witht he show and I can't put my finger quite on it. It lacks something and most oft he time I only end up half watching it. It's not really that gripping. It could be a great show with the setup it has but it just fails to live up to it.

• Advertisement

episode 10 & 11, another enjoyable Stahma-Datak drama, Christy really is a surprise & Stahma reaction to who is the killer is superb :cool:

looking forward to next week season 2 finale which is an 2 hrs back to back episodes :)

mafaa wrote: »
    episode 10 & 11, another enjoyable Stahma-Datak drama, Christy really is a surprise & Stahma reaction to who is the killer is superb :cool:

looking forward to next week season 2 finale which is an 2 hrs back to back episodes :)

I really didn't see the Christy twist! It's eerie how like Stahma she is now and the implications that has for Alak. Looking forward to the 2 hour finale :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

mafaa wrote: »

Yeah Christy turning into a pregnant bad ass. Christy and Alak's characters are much better this season. Enjoying this season much more than the first season also. Not looking good for always bad mood Tommy.

I really didn't see the Christy twist! It's eerie how like Stahma she is now and the implications that has for Alak. Looking forward to the 2 hour finale :)

Alak is too soft, he will be bully by others if not for his parents support but with a capable wife at least his parents will not be too worried for him unless his wife works against their family
    red dave wrote: »
    Yeah Christy turning into a pregnant bad ass. Christy and Alak's characters are much better this season. Enjoying this season much more than the first season also. Not looking good for always bad mood Tommy.

Tommy too honest, too trust Irisa :(

This show is still all over the place I see. The criminal underworld intrigue business I don't find all that interesting. It could be set in any town on earth in the last 10,000 years and would be the same.
    How did Tommy get the robot parasite out anyway? He's the only person who managed that so far. By sheer force of will or what?
    Irisa is just too human for me at this stage. Again, not really alien enough for my liking. They seem to have taken all these interesting species and just humanized them all to the point of irrelevance.
    Still hoping this show is going somewhere!

I enjoyed this season much more than the last one. The show seemed more coherent I thought. It's still not unmissable viewing but it's fairly decent. I've lost interest in Irissa this season however. Christie, Alak and McCauley were the standouts for me. Mayor Rosewater and her sister were OK but I wasn't overly interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

How did Tommy get the robot parasite out anyway? He's the only person who managed that so far. By sheer force of will or what?

The parasite rejects all humans because it intends on wiping all humans out.

red dave wrote: »
    The parasite rejects all humans because it intends on wiping all humans out.
    It hadn't rejected Tommy when it took him over and he was obviously more use to them under control. I still don't get why it left him, killing itself, at exactly that point.

It hadn't rejected Tommy when it took him over and he was obviously more use to them under control. I still don't get why it left him, killing itself, at exactly that point.

Maybe it's just not compatible with human DNA and his immune system fought against it and expelled the foreign organism. Like the way in earlier series' that the Irathians carried a plague that only effected the humans.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has been renewed for a 3rd season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bizarrely

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, here's a show whose own mediocrity stumped any enthusiasm I had for watching season 2. It just couldn't manage to be memorable, for good or bad, in any form, just content on toddling along without really trying too hard. Scanning this thread, should I take it that the second series couldn't manage to raise its game at all?

No, I think that's fair. I enjoyed this season more than the first. Don't get me wrong, it's not 'must see' tv by a long shot but it's pretty OK. If it had gone I wouldn't shed tears but I'm looking forward to the comeback.

So I made another attempt at watching the second season, having stopped at episode 4, I think. It was being repeated on Syfy here so I recorded them. Am just starting episode 11 and just had to go and download it and the rest because I was fed up with how badly edited it was. And the edits appear to be random. And to make matters worse, they include bits they cut out in the "Previously on...".

Examples of stuff being cut in episodes 10 and 11 alone:
    Seeing Stahma after Alak argues with Treasure Doll
    Irisa infecting Tommy (see up to her saying I'm saving you)
    Tommy puking it up (we see the fight, him fall to his knees, then the remains)
    Treasure Doll falling but they cut the part of her coming toward the camera
    Pottinger passing out in the cave (so we're wondering why is he unconscious? Did Amanda do something like he asked her to?)

Anyone watch when it was originally airing over here? Was it as badly edited then?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lee Tergesen, Conrad Coates and Nichole Galicia in for season 3 http://tvline.com/2015/02/02/defiance-season-3-lee-tergesen-castithan/

Are we only getting to Season 3 now? I thought it was S4 up next! LOL! Actually when I saw the new post I was sure the show was gone.

Defiance Season 3 will premiere on June 12

“Season three will open on the eve of an impending military siege upon the town, which has fallen on hard times following the collapse of its lucrative mines. With their fate uncertain, the townspeople face further threat with the surprise arrival of the mysterious and nearly extinct Omec, an alien race of warriors marked by the decades of subjugation they imposed upon the galaxy in the years preceding the Pale Wars.”

Defiance Season 3: What to Expect

'Defiance' Season 3: First Look at the Trailer and the New Aliens

Not sure can I face this TBH... I'm crying every week at the money these guys are chucking at an utterly crap story. Though there's no football on this summer so I'll probably tune in anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I saw the first season online & got bored, but waited for the next season on syfy uk & it turned out to be a better season except for Irisa's story which drags on.

I can't really remember what happened in last ep of S02

Advertisement