Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnen V Bisping Jan 28th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Bisping ko/tko win
    Mellor wrote: »
    Any comments regarding short notice were obviously in relation to the fact that Maia and Chael are two very different fighters

As are Munoz and Bisping, yet we don't hear Sonnen banging on about taking this new fight at short notice.

Both trained for a fight next week, both have new opponents, yet Bisping seems to be making out like he is the one at a disadvantage because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

As are Munoz and Bisping, yet we don't hear Sonnen banging on about taking this new fight at short notice.

Both trained for a fight next week, both have new opponents, yet Bisping seems to be making out like he is the one at a disadvantage because of it.

Sonnen's game plan wouldn't change regardless of who he is fighting though. Take them down and whale on them...that's really it.

I'm not even sure if he worries about things like taking shots on the way in as he chin appears to be made from granite.

Bisping decision win
    Is this going to be on ESPN guys?

I think Sonnen takes it by decision, Maia subs Weidman and Evans decisions Davis.

The Middleweight Division is pretty exciting these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭hisholinessnb

Bisping ko/tko win
    Yep already on the ESPN planner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Bisping ko/tko win
    Yep already on the ESPN planner :D

Yes, it's on ESPN notwithstanding Dana White's "ESPN don't cover the UFC" remarks during his latest rant about ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fightshop.com

Hi guys, I thought you may be interested to see the latest Training VLOG exclusive from us, training with Bisping in California in advance of his fight next week with Chael Sonnen!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OPIayHuziI&list=UU0WXw3FNf-Ozbz5DtC0QTZg&index=1&feature=plcp

Cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bisping ko/tko win
    ^^^
    You should probably remove the link to your site or you might get a ban from the forum since you already had a post edited and your link removed.
    It might be considered advertising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Fightshop.com

Dean09 wrote: »
    ^^^
    You should probably remove the link to your site or you might get a ban from the forum since you already had a post edited and your link removed.
    It might be considered advertising.

Cheers Dean - but how would people see the video if there is no link attached? I think everyone seems hyper-sensitive and anal when it comes to this forum.....A link to a video on Youtube is not advertising - it is a link to a video which is, I am sure, of interest to the forum as the entire thread is about Bisping and Sonnen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bisping ko/tko win
    Cheers Dean - but how would people see the video if there is no link attached? I think everyone seems hyper-sensitive and anal when it comes to this forum.....A link to a video on Youtube is not advertising - it is a link to a video which is, I am sure, of interest to the forum as the entire thread is about Bisping and Sonnen!!
    That's just the rules of the forum mate. I think they just have to be strict on it with everybody to avoid spam. The link to Youtube is fine but the one to your site may be considered advertising. I could be wrong though.
    By the way you can embed the video by using the Youtube tags in the reply box and just put in everything after the =

Like this:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I can see why you are sponsoring fighters...your manner of talking to potential customers leaves a lot to be desired. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Bisping ko/tko win

You tube is ok, spamming your site is not and you where already told this.
    Dean09 wrote: »
    That's just the rules of the forum mate. I think they just have to be strict on it with everybody to avoid spam. The link to Youtube is fine but the one to your site may be considered advertising. I could be wrong though.

you are spot on, youtube is not trying to drag people to your own site so is clearly showing us stuff for our benefit and not advertising, and if we ever show any flexibilty to this, it will be to regular users who contribute to the forum and did not set up an account to promote themselves.

This is why this forum is a chat forum and not just an advertising site full of spam.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bisping ko/tko win

Where has bisping made a big deal about it?

Are you just making stuff up now???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bisping decision win
    It's stepping up a notch. Bisping said Sonnen was on PED's because 'he only has one testicle'
    Apparently, he has one testicle. One testicle! This is why he uses performance enhancing drugs. He's gonna need more than one little ball to fight me next weekend!"

Witty Sonnen response incoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bisping submission win
    Mellor wrote: »
    Where has bisping made a big deal about it?

Are you just making stuff up now???

But what are the odds that when Bisping loses he comes out wit "I'm not too disappointed as i took this fight on very short notice", even though he was fighting anyway! That's just the way he rolls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bisping decision win
    UFC Undisputed predicts Evans winning this. Would have preferred a Sonne v Bisping vid tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Bisping ko/tko win
    looking forward to this.

What is the starting time for this? It should be 1am for us but ESPN are not going live until 3am... does that mean the fights start on Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

Sonnen decision win
    am i the only person who thinks sonnen is a tit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bisping submission win

I think Anderson Silva's wit ya on that one ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bisping ko/tko win

Yeah but so is Rodney Trotter, and I found him hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Sonnen submission win
    looking forward to this.

What is the starting time for this? It should be 1am for us but ESPN are not going live until 3am... does that mean the fights start on Facebook?
    They should be on UFC.tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mannequinhands

Sonnen decision win
    well i have to say im shouting for bisping on this one (although realistically i think sonnen will do him). If bisping can keep him on his feet could make things alot more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Bisping decision win
    with all the talk of sonnen smashing bisping, there has been no talk of evans v davis. i think this could be good, i'm not a big fan of rashad but i would like him to win to set up a fight with jones. I think with rashad's speed and wrestling he has some tools to cause jones some problems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Bisping ko/tko win
    Press conference should be good on Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Bisping decision win
    pauldoo wrote: »
    with all the talk of sonnen smashing bisping, there has been no talk of evans v davis. i think this could be good, i'm not a big fan of rashad but i would like him to win to set up a fight with jones. I think with rashad's speed and wrestling he has some tools to cause jones some problems

I am rooting for Evans to win, only because I want to see bones completely destroy him. He can't duck bones forever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 The Lorax

Bisping ko/tko win

Not at all - there are plenty of others that don't get the promotion end of MMA. I think they're called "Sherdoggers" or something - they're the same 'purists' that said Brock was bad for the sport too, despite the record breaking PPV buys, new fans, and media attention he brought to UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Bisping decision win
    Fear Uladh wrote: »
    I am rooting for Evans to win, only because I want to see bones completely destroy him. He can't duck bones forever.

i would have though if anything, jones was ducking evans, not that he needs to-the trash talk and genuine dislike will make this very interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bisping ko/tko win
    pauldoo wrote: »
    i would have though if anything, jones was ducking evans, not that he needs to-the trash talk and genuine dislike will make this very interesting

So how exactly has Jones ducked Evans?
    Evans wasn't available to fight, so Jones defended his title. Its a bit much to expect Jones to sit by and wait for him, he wants to prove he can beat everyone, so that's what he is doing. Then there is also the money aspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

Bisping submission win
    Anyone else think Sonnen's boxing is under rated. I honestly think he could hold his own with Bisping on the feet. But for some reason I just think Bisping is gonna win this. Throughout his career Sonnen has excelled as the under dog but never really won some of the fights he's been expected to.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Bisping ko/tko win
    Xlami wrote: »
    Anyone else think Sonnen's boxing is under rated. I honestly think he could hold his own with Bisping on the feet.

He's so good a wrestler people forget he can box, sure he punched Silva around and dropped him a couple of times an all..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭liverbear

Bisping submission win
    http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/ufc-on-fox-2-press-conference-video/

video begins at about 12 mins
    press conference

Advertisement