Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonnen V Bisping Jan 28th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Bisping submission win
    DeVore wrote: »
    I dont.

I dont think it will go to a UD, I think it will be a stoppage. Bisping by some weird submission off his back or more likely, Sonnen by GnP. I'm actually fairly surprised people think this will go the distance....

I should point out, my record for predicting fights stinks. I'd be like, 0 : 2345739 if I was a fighter ... but I have to be right sometime, right?!?! :)

DeV.

It's your playground, you're always right ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Bisping ko/tko win
    I dont.

I dont think it will go to a UD, I think it will be a stoppage. Bisping by some weird submission off his back or more likely, Sonnen by GnP. I'm actually fairly surprised people think this will go the distance....

I should point out, my record for predicting fights stinks. I'd be like, 0 : 2345739 if I was a fighter ... but I have to be right sometime, right?!?! :)

DeV.

I can't see Bisping winning by submission, he never submits anybody. If Bisping wins by submission then I'll attempt to eat my own hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Bisping ko/tko win
    This will just be a repeat of Sonnen vs Stann, with a small chance of Bisping lasting two more minutes than Stann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

Bisping ko/tko win
    I think it's very very likely this will not go the distance ...everything points to a Sonnen TKO... and if Bisping turns up and fights like a beast and tries to knock Sonnen out (which I reckon is his best chance and will earn him the most respect...in fact it would make him a hero in my eyes) then somebody will be going asleep in the mahem that ensues....hopefully. Sonnen wont get caught in a submission.... he's too strong/experienced for a guillitine now and he's gotta have learned his triangle lesson by now. Meet him head on in the middle... control the centre and get in his face and throw bombs in bunches with bad intentions : )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSimCbYli_JKEhv0d5b9YTRZ0w94cBK6b5Uq1LdWpciEOD-R4Cgg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Bisping ko/tko win
    ....throw bombs in bunches with bad intentions : )

Is that you Goldie??!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,151 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Bisping ko/tko win
    Dean09 wrote: »
    Is that you Goldie??!!! :D

I was wondering until I went back and re-read the post.........
    I think it's very very likely this will not go the distance ...everything points to a Sonnen TKO... and if Bisping turns up and fights like a beast and tries to knock Sonnen out (which I reckon is his best chance and will earn him the most respect...in fact it would make him a hero in my eyes) then somebody will be going asleep in the mahem that ensues....hopefully. RIO DAY JANIERO!!!!!!!! Sonnen wont get caught in a submission.... he's too strong/experienced for a guillitine now and he's gotta have learned his triangle lesson by now. Meet him head on in the middle... control the centre and get in his face and throw bombs in bunches with bad intentions : )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSimCbYli_JKEhv0d5b9YTRZ0w94cBK6b5Uq1LdWpciEOD-R4Cgg

Yeah, looks like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

I can't believe Bisping took the fight but fair balls to him for taking it. Sonnen is going destroy him. Wish there was more than a week for the build up on this one.

Bisping ko/tko win
    Totally unfair that there's only a week... think of the level of sh1t talkin there'd be, think Rivera Bisping was good... this would disserve it's own channel and Sonnen would've ended up hosting Sat Night Live at the end of it. The Pip from South Park comment is one of his best I reckon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc8-KTNf_-MyXWuGhUzOr8Ln6L7VjR6kfBH0qqmnrQOJ1_Mo73
    (Michael, a young gentleman of great expectations!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Sonnen submission win
    Mods, please add a poll. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Bisping ko/tko win
    scudzilla wrote: »
    It's your playground, you're always right ;)

Dev gets no special treatment on here, in here he is a regular poster and contributer.

Ps. Poll added lads

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Bisping ko/tko win
    Bisping is well the underdog here and even his team acknowledge that above.
    I think you are twisting the truth here a bit DeV. His own team wouldn't acknowledge something like that publically (even if they knew it)

Bisping ko/tko win
    his sponsor was on here earlier and certainly not givin off any underdog vibes... he was makin the case that Bisping should be able to do it...and that we should think that. Although 'delusion' was cited by someone as a possible cause... anyway it makes no sense to admit you're an underdog in this situation... he wouldn't have taken the fight if he didn't think he could win it... and he may actually think he can win it... fair balls to him...for thinking that. If he does I'm forevermore the biggest Bisping fan !!

Bisping ko/tko win
    I think DeV was refering to comments by a sponsor of his.
    i was pointing out that his sponsor isn't a part of his team. He likely sponsored by quite a few brands. They all know vaarious degrees of nothing about his training, gameplan and chances of success.

Bisping ko/tko win
    No "Split Draw" option? Poll fails!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

cowzerp wrote: »
    Sonnen is not feather fisted and Bispings chin aint A grade either so don't be suprised to see Sonnen out box him and most likely finish him on the ground by TKO

Just out of curiosity I'd like to know what you are basing that on.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

Bisping decision win
    RebelSoul wrote: »

I would say;

The KO by Hendo(although that would put down most middleweights/Light heavyweights and some dinosaurs)
    He was badly hurt at the end of round 3(i think) when he was caught by wanderlie
    Denis Kang knocked him on his ass too
    I think, open to correction here, that Akiyama might have had him hurt at the start of their fight, then Akiyama tried to land the knockout blow for the rest of the fight and was out pointed

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

The press conference next week will be some craic alright.

I have to say fair play to Bisping for taking the fight. Sonnen is the worse possible match up for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Bisping ko/tko win
    Both of their cardios are great but having a guy like Sonnen on top of you, your cardio will disappear fairly quick, a lot different than striking cardio.

I think Sonnen will outstrike him, maybe im mad but he caught Silva a few times and has been improving, Bisping never starts well in the first round nearly always getting a good smack (well his last few fights) i think Hendo has scared him, a KO like that would scare a lot of people of their limitations...

He will also be wary of the takedown and not get comfortable on his feet or find his range as quick, and i think this will allow Sonnen to get in their and strike before a TKO for him.

A sub is Bispings main chance and im sure he has decent BJJ but with Sonnen smacking you, you'd want to be pretty calm and fast and iv never seen Bisping at that level

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

Sonnen submission win
    pauldoo wrote: »
    I would say;

The KO by Hendo(although that would put down most middleweights/Light heavyweights and some dinosaurs)
    He was badly hurt at the end of round 3(i think) when he was caught by wanderlie
    Denis Kang knocked him on his ass too
    I think, open to correction here, that Akiyama might have had him hurt at the start of their fight, then Akiyama tried to land the knockout blow for the rest of the fight and was out pointed

come on! are you being serious. He was ko'ed once ever (by a H bomb)

Akiyama "might have had him hurt" !!!

Name me one fighter who has never been rocked or "badly hurt"

That is a really feeble effort of proving he has a dodgy chin!!!

Bisping ko/tko win
    RebelSoul wrote: »

Grade A means you pretty much cant be knocked out-it means you have a top class chin.

Bisping has been ko'd and also dropped/rocked a few times so he certainly does not have a top class chin.

i never said he had a poor chin but he can certainly get knocked out, Sonnen will be a danger too his chin is basically what i'm saying.

• Advertisement

Bisping ko/tko win
    nino1 wrote: »

Mark Hunt, George Foreman, Wayne Mccullogh-you want me to go on

Some people don't get rocked, most do.

Bisping ko/tko win
    come on! are you being serious. He was ko'ed once ever (by a H bomb)

Akiyama "might have had him hurt" !!!

That is a really feeble effort of proving he has a dodgy chin!!!

You missed the other points he made.

Sonnen submission win
    Mark Hunt, George Foreman, Wayne Mccullogh-you want me to go on

Some people don't get rocked, most do.

I wasn't talking about boxing.
    Mark hunt got ko'ed by manhoef after 18 seconds.
    My point is you can pick any mma fighter and list when he was badly rocked etc and that doesn't mean he has a bad chin.

I'd say best chin goes to dan henderson.

Sonnen submission win
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    You missed the other points he made.

His other points (being badly hurt by WS and knocked on his ass by DK) add little weight to his arguement.

Bisping ko/tko win
    Grade A means you pretty much cant be knocked out-it means you have a top class chin.
    Is there anybody that "can't" be knocked out ever (in MMA, as boxing is slightly different here imo) I don't.
    I'm not saying Bisping has a rock solid chin, but I wouldn't hold a H bomb against anyone. I've no reason to believe his chin is in any way below average.

As for the examples, Foreman was KO'd by Ali. Hunt KO'd by someone in Japan.

The pocket rocket is a legend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

Bisping ko/tko win

Best or biggest lol

Bisping ko/tko win
    I wasn't talking about boxing.

your twisting what i said, i said he does not have a grade a chin, i never said he had a bad chin, people with ok chins have been knocked out before, and it's irrelevant wheter its boxing or K1 or MMA, a good chin is a good chin either way.

Bisping is not known for his chin, and i never said he had a bad 1, i know he can be knocked out if hit clean though.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭The Bored One

Best chin I can think of offhand was Gomi's. It was like he didn't have an off-button.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bisping ko/tko win
    <offtopic> Sorry Scud, I bristled at a perceived slight that wasnt really there. I get accused of that (wrongly) in earnest a lot and you can imagine it gets old quickly. The truth is shown by people posting here not even realising I started this site (hence the incredibly large post count :)... I didnt start the internet, Al Gore did. :) ). I was having a bad day yesterday (a little sand in my v*gina) but deleted my post 2 mins later when I realised I was fighting a strawman of my own making. Meh. Srs bzns. :):) </offtopic>

Back on topic, one of my favourite comments about mma came from a somewhere I cant actually remember (I think it might have been GSP)... it was this: "If we knew for certain who was going to win... we wouldnt fight!!"

Any fight can go any which way but my gut feeling is that Sonnen is just to strong for Bisping and will decide where the fight happens. That in turn will decide who wins and I reckon Sonnen by GNP if he has any tactical sense.

But tell that to Fitch :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

Sonnen submission win
    your twisting what i said, .

my initial response was to pauldoo who used imo a very poor arguement to prove bispings poor chin

Advertisement