Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

anytime I think about returning anything, I realise its not worth the hassle or cost combined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭JakeBell

It just isn't worth buying clothes there in my opinion. Especially not their own brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭rockihudson

any chance that you bought with paypal?. paypal offer refunds on returns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

any chance that you bought with paypal?. paypal offer refunds on returns

Unfortunately no, I checked and it was purchased with Visa. I must remember that in future if it is an option. I thought I read somewhere that you could return them to a local store, I think it was Heaton's but cant find anything on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Don't think you can return to heatons. The whole barlin delivery etc is all a strange thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

JakeBell wrote: »
    It just isn't worth buying clothes there in my opinion. Especially not their own brands.

arragh i don't know about that. you can buy one item there at a discount which would well cover the cost of the postage. i'm talking branded stuff, like nike, adidas etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

TheDriver wrote: »
    Don't think you can return to heatons. The whole barlin delivery etc is all a strange thing

They are trying to pull a fast one, absolving themselves from any responsibility for deliveries. They can now say: "Well you chose Barlin, so you have to sort it out with them.........". I won't use them any more because of that carry on. Everything they do feels shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭SteM

djo789 wrote: »
    Go to post office return them as a parcel stating they are "books" this attracts a much lower postage cost than normal.

The post office charge you on whether it's a 'packet' or 'parcel', on weight and whether you want to register it or nsure it. They don't the care what's inside it as long as it's not liquids. Look at the rate generator on the An Post site, there's no option to choose 'books'.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭MentalMario

whiterebel wrote: »
    They are trying to pull a fast one, absolving themselves from any responsibility for deliveries. They can now say: "Well you chose Barlin, so you have to sort it out with them.........". I won't use them any more because of that carry on. Everything they do feels shady.
    Think I read it was for tax avoidance purposes rather than customer service reasons.

JakeBell wrote: »

Anytime I buy I have have to google and check if the brand is owned by them or not these days. I've said it here before if they own the brand you really need to be able to see and touch it before giving them any money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 banana_split

Anyone heard an update on when the North Earl St shop is due to open?

Anyone heard an update on when the North Earl St shop is due to open?

It will be interesting to see how big it's going to be.
    boyers was a fairly big shop, wonder will it be the same square footage..... I doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sharing the store with USC another brand owned by Sports Direct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Sharing the store with USC another brand owned by Sports Direct

USC !! That won't be a very popular brand. Them feckers already take enough out of my pay packet without going instore to give them more :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

I'm interested in the Cat founder boots in bronze, they seem very cheap in comparison to other shops, only €32

Do you reckon these going to be the same quality product as other shops?

I can't post a link to them sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

I wouldn't think so iHungry, but I've no proof of that.

People bought €25 Levi 501s from them and complained that they were nothing like the ones here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Soarer wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so iHungry, but I've no proof of that.

People bought €25 Levi 501s from them and complained that they were nothing like the ones here.

This is something I wouldn't agree with, this is a very good post from reddit that I think is closer to the truth than when people say sportsdirect have some sort of Levis 'b' stock. I have bought Levis jeans in the flagship Levis shop in San Francisco and there really isn't any difference from what I got from sports direct. I've bought other big brands from sportsdirect like North Face and Adidas and again they seem fine to me compared to what you would get elsewhere. Now when it comes to sports direct stuff like karrimor and donnay they are absolute rubbish. Bottom line I think most of the big brands that sportsdirect sell are same as you will get anywhere else. It's very subjective though and some people will swear the jeans they got in Brown Thomas are not same quality as the ones from sportsdirect which is only natural. Just my 2 cents

This is something I wouldn't agree with,

So what part don't you agree with?
    The part that I don't think so (which I don't)?
    The part where I don't have any proof (which I don't)?
    The part where people bought cheap Levi's (which they did)?
    Or the part where people complained (which they did)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

quick question regarding an order - thought it should be delivered by now and noticed 2 items are pre-order. does this mean order on hold until these items come in?
    status is "awaiting pre-order"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

fifib wrote: »
    quick question regarding an order - thought it should be delivered by now and noticed 2 items are pre-order. does this mean order on hold until these items come in?
    status is "awaiting pre-order"

Yep your whole order will be on hold, until the pre-order stuff comes in.

• Advertisement

So what part don't you agree with?
    The part that I don't think so (which I don't)?
    The part where I don't have any proof (which I don't)?
    The part where people bought cheap Levi's (which they did)?
    Or the part where people complained (which they did)?

Just stating my opinion on the matter, what's yours?

I don't have an opinion on it.

I was just asking which part of my post you wouldn't agree with.

I don't have an opinion on it.

I was just asking which part of my post you wouldn't agree with.

Not sure where the confusion is, thought it was pretty clear from my initial response. I wouldn't agree with the sentiment that some people(Not you personally it would appear?) don't think the quality of Levis jeans sold by sportsdirect is the same as you would get in more reputable/Levis store.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who cares?

Where's the bargains?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

sports direct to open old in old boyers shop talbot street soon

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm interested in the Cat founder boots in bronze, they seem very cheap in comparison to other shops, only ?32

Do you reckon these going to be the same quality product as other shops?

I can't post a link to them sorry

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to see if amazon will price match for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Any working discount codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

keano_afc wrote: »
    Any working discount codes?

:D any working bargains ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Does sports direct own regatta ?

• Advertisement

sunny2004 wrote: »
    Does sports direct own regatta ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regatta_(clothing)

Advertisement