Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SportsDirect.com

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    12 off 60 is 20%:P

No actually it's not 20%, you have to make 2 orders to avail of the offer, plus you have to pay the delivery on the first order, and the €12 offer is given as a voucher, so assuming you spend the minimum required €60 plus delivery €7 and to redeem the voucher lets assume you again spend the minimum €12 +delivery of €7, so that is 60+7+12+7-12(voucher)=74
    So you must spend €74 (actual cost to you (86 total- €12 voucher) to avail of the €12 off and that's based on minimum spends, which works out at about 16% off, not 20%.

It's not a good offer imo, but it's better than nothing, personally I would prefer to see a straight forward 20% off, but that's never gonna happen.

Edit:Edit to say, the more you spend on both occasions the less the value of the perceived discount you'll receive.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭samdeman

anyone else having trouble getting past payment section? comes up problem processing payment and no matter what method or browser I use it still appears

• Registered Users Posts: 45 july11

So If i order over 120 euro will I get 2 vouchers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

july11 wrote: »
    So If i order over 120 euro will I get 2 vouchers ?

Try it and let us know:P

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

No actually it's not 20%, you have to make 2 orders to avail of the offer, plus you have to pay the delivery on the first order, and the €12 offer is given as a voucher, so assuming you spend the minimum required €60 plus delivery €7 and to redeem the voucher lets assume you again spend the minimum €12 +delivery of €7, so that is 60+7+12+7-12(voucher)=74
    So you must spend €74 (actual cost to you (86 total- €12 voucher) to avail of the €12 off and that's based on minimum spends, which works out at about 16% off, not 20%.

It's not a good offer imo, but it's better than nothing, personally I would prefer to see a straight forward 20% off, but that's never gonna happen.

Edit:Edit to say, the more you spend on both occasions the less the value of the perceived discount you'll receive.

Cool post. But I meant literally 12 as a percentage of 60 is 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

Caan someone please confirm whete Sorts Direct have shops in Dublin - I think there's one in Swords Pavillion.

By making a purchase in a shop, will you receive the voucher .... other does it apply to online purcgases only.

The delivery charges for some online purchases is crazy and is another income stream for retailers as they overcharge.

Got a 49" tv delivered from the UK during the week - weighted 18kg approx. & was charged stg £6.75 whuch was reasonable.

Hawkers wanted to charge me stg£7 to deliver a pair of sun glasses - A total rip off - I did not proceed with the purchase - they can piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Seve OB wrote: »
    but it's not 12 off 60

it is spend 60 and get a voucher for 12..... to force you to come back again

hardly worth it as you will loose most of your 12 on postage!!

A special offer of free delivery on orders over a certain value is more straightforward and a better offer IMO.

My son is looking for a Liverpool kit from Santa even including delivery sports direct cheaper than retailers in my area.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Caan someone please confirm whete Sorts Direct have shops in Dublin - I think there's one in Swords Pavillion.

By making a purchase in a shop, will you receive the voucher .... other does it apply to online purcgases only.

The delivery charges for some online purchases is crazy and is another income stream for retailers as they overcharge.

Got a 49" tv delivered from the UK during the week - weighted 18kg approx. & was charged stg £6.75 whuch was reasonable.

Hawkers wanted to charge me stg£7 to deliver a pair of sun glasses - A total rip off - I did not proceed with the purchase - they can piss off.

2 extremes, that price for the T.V. Is ridiculous, not reasonable. People give out about the quality of delivery companies, and how bad the service is - with prices like that it's a race to the bottom. SD are trying to be clever here by getting the customer to accept responsibility for the shipping, rather than them, absolving them of responsibility when it goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Cool post. But I meant literally 12 as a percentage of 60 is 20.

You are correct, 12 as a % of 60 is 20%, but you do know that is not what is being offered right? which is kinda relevant in the context of this thread, although I can see how you and others may automatically think "oh look 20%, I'll have some of that", which is also kinda the point of how this "offer" is presented;):cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

One in pavilions is Direct Sports..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

You are correct, 12 as a % of 60 is 20%, but you do know that is not what is being offered right? which is kinda relevant in the context of this thread, although I can see how you and others may automatically think "oh look 20%, I'll have some of that", which is also kinda the point of how this "offer" is presented;):cool:.

Don't mind me, I'm just pissed I put in an order of 500 last weekend:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭James Delaney

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    One in pavilions is Direct Sports..
    Was in Pavillion yesterday.
    Got trainers in jd sports.
    A nice set of trainers but laces are black - which makes them look a bit 'gink'.
    Sports Direct has closed so I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Anyone get there voucher yet? I never received mine..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

upinthesky wrote: »
    Anyone get there voucher yet? I never received mine..

Ya got mine they emailed them out on 29th, maybe check your spam folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Mr Arrior

Are the brands genuine or just labels stuck on sub par material?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Mr Arrior wrote: »

genuine, if you buy Nike, you will get Nike, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Genuine of course, counterfeiting is illegal

How can they afford to have the items so cheap though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

How can they afford to have the items so cheap though?

When you're buying a million items at a time, you have great power to dictate terms to suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

When you're buying a million items at a time, you have great power to dictate terms to suppliers.

well they bought the likes of Firetrap and Dunlop so that gear is absolutely awful, but the labels like Nike , Adidas etc are genuine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

well they bought the likes of Firetrap and Dunlop so that gear is absolutely awful, but the labels like Nike , Adidas etc are genuine.

The Dunlop golf stuff I've bought has been grand.

Liam O wrote: »
    The Dunlop golf stuff I've bought has been grand.

I stand corrected as i've never bought Dunlop tbh, but the Firetrap gear is absolutely shocking :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Any of the firetrap stuff I bought has been perfect. Have some firetrap polo shirts I bought a few years ago and they are still in great shape.

That's what I heard, Lonsdale, Slazenger and Lee Cooper as well?

Mike Ashley bought Firetrap in 2012, previous to this it was a good brand , now its just wholesale crap , anything (firetrap) i've bought from Sports Direct has been terrible, tshirts are shocking quality , cardigan that was an XL and fit like a M , poor quality jeans, i stupidly kept buying them until one day about a year ago i found out Ashley had bought them, so anything bought prior to 2012 is probably quality gear, but 2013 onwards? forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

The Sports Direct website wiki page gives a good list of Sports Direct's acquired Clothing and equipment brands@

Airwalk
    British Knights
    Campri
    Carlton
    Donnay
    Dunlop
    Everlast
    Firetrap
    Gelert
    GoldDigga
    Hot Tuna Clothing
    Kangol
    Karrimor
    LA Gear
    Lonsdale
    Miss Fiori
    Muddyfox
    Nevica
    No Fear (outside North America)
    Slazenger
    Sondico
    SoulCal
    USA Pro
    Voodoo Dolls

I would agree that generally they are poor quality for those brands they bought up, probably often the clothing manufactured together and then the brand labels thrown on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

Bought 2 pairs of 'soviet' brand boots for the kids recently and they were crap. Neither of the lads could get their feet into the shoes...the part of the show where the tongue ends is too rigid/tight and they just won't fit. It would cost at least the price of 1 pair of the shoes to post them back.
    Emailed their 'Customer Service' to read the riot act and have heard nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

wow.. didn't know he owned Gelert - always thought that brand was high-end.

Have some walking gear and a backpack from Gelert and they top notch.

They are a few years old mind you...so probably before Ashley got his hands on the brand!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Masala wrote: »
    wow.. didn't know he owned Gelert - always thought that brand was high-end.

Have some walking gear and a backpack from Gelert and they top notch.

They are a few years old mind you...so probably before Ashley got his hands on the brand!

it's been there a good while now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Rooy wrote: »
    The Sports Direct website wiki page gives a good list of Sports Direct's acquired Clothing and equipment brands@

Airwalk
    British Knights
    Campri
    Carlton
    Donnay
    Dunlop
    Everlast
    Firetrap
    Gelert
    GoldDigga
    Hot Tuna Clothing
    Kangol
    Karrimor
    LA Gear
    Lonsdale
    Miss Fiori
    Muddyfox
    Nevica
    No Fear (outside North America)
    Slazenger
    Sondico
    SoulCal
    USA Pro
    Voodoo Dolls

I would agree that generally they are poor quality for those brands they bought up, probably often the clothing manufactured together and then the brand labels thrown on.
    It actually be a good move from them to hide this list, make it harder to know what to avoid haha, slazenger is ok for tops I find. Grand for everyday stuff.

Advertisement